What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Adam Thielen - CAR (2 Viewers)

Sadly, now that we are all on the bandwagon, he's due for a turkey tomorrow. Hope I am wrong!
I understand what you are saying...a regression to the mean...I mean / you mean, there is no way Thielen can do this every week!?! He's due for a let down. We're due too?

Now, what if he kept up this rampant pace 5-6 catches for 60-70 yards as his floor? TD's, who knows?

This kid can ball! He can play! He's pretty good!

My biggest hit of the year. Def not a one hit wonder either. He's a top 10 wr the next 2-3 years.......

Another great day. Could have been huge if he would have gotten that first TD. Still he's not slowing down. 

Adam Thielen - WR -  Vikings

Adam Thielen left Tuesday's practice with a left leg injury.

Panic flags went up when Thielen hobbled off the field Tuesday morning, but according to beat reporter Andrew Krammer of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, there's "no cause for long-term concern." Thielen may miss a handful of practice reps this week, but he'll be ready to go against the Niners in Week 1. Coming off a breakout year in 2017, the Minnesota State alum merits consideration as a back-end WR1 in fantasy.

Source: Andrew Krammer on Twitter 

Aug 28 - 5:51 PM

5 targets on that first series for Thielen. I don't know how much longer anybody else can question who the Vikings #1 is......that is really crazy. Cousins loves Thielen. 

Adam Thielen corralled eight-of-12 targets for 135 yards and a touchdown Thursday in the Vikings’ Week 4 loss to the Rams.

Another night, another 100-yard receiving game for the ultra-consistent 28-year-old. Thielen was furious when the referee made him get checked for a concussion after taking a knee to the helmet in the third quarter, though he wound up missing just one play. The Minnesota State alum was the recipient of a 45-yard touchdown bomb from Kirk Cousins, losing Sam Shields (who was filling in for an injured Aqib Talib) for an easy score. Thielen’s 473 yards are the most by a Vikings receiver through four games in franchise history. He’ll look to continue his torrid start next week against the Eagles.

Sep 28 - 12:38 AM

My biggest fantasy regret was trading this guy away last year and I knew it at the time. I was trying to win though and needed help elsewhere*. 

*I didn't

Oh, he came at a 12th round cost as a keeper.  :wall:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Through 1/4th of the season he's on pace for a 160-1892-8 season. 

That would be a 397 point season in PPR.

Let that sink in......

This is me as well.  I traded him away in a 4 player keeper league for draft picks (had too many keepers) - guess which team I am playing this week  :lol:  
I did something similar with Lev Bell the year he was hurt and had the dope stuff hanging over his head. I had to leave that league because I couldn't get over it.

Loved him last year, got worried about the price tag and chemistry with Cousins... boy was I wrong. Glad to have him in my dynasty leagues but damn am I crying about redraft. Thielen is a bonafide stud at this point.
Cousins has a big arm! He'll be peppering Diggs downfield!! Thielen will just be there to move the sticks! /some idiot*

*Me

Mostly because there's nothing left to say about this kids game. Outstanding hands, perfect route-runner, elusive speed and quickness. I'm sure he donates to charities and fosters between 5 and 10 children too.
He actually is a fantastic human as well. I know some people who know him. 

I was curious what I traded away to get him last year during week 11.  It was a 1st and a 5th in my 16-team PPR dynasty league.  Ended up being Anthony Miller and Eric Ebron.  I think I did alright with that trade.

Had him since his rookie year on my taxi squad. Worked with his dad’s cousin and we would talk about his progress on the team working his way up from the taxi squad. One of my favorite players in the league. This guy to me is the second coming of Cris Carter. Great routes, hands, and work ethic. Skol Adam!

Thielen has 56 targets through 4 games...only 6 WRs have hit 200 targets since the merger. Do you guys think he can continue this pace? Is Theilen a BUY HIGH for a possible historic season or is his opportunity coming down and he's a SELL HIGH?

Thielen has 56 targets through 4 games...only 6 WRs have hit 200 targets since the merger. Do you guys think he can continue this pace? Is Theilen a BUY HIGH for a possible historic season or is his opportunity coming down and he's a SELL HIGH?
I have no reason to believe that he can't keep this up. He looks like Cousins go to for sure.

He's a top 5ish WR bro. Nobody wants to believe it because he was an UDFA that didn't even get invited to the combine. He has better numbers than Julio Jones over the last 21-22 games. 

I have no reason to believe that he can't keep this up. He looks like Cousins go to for sure.
He had 142 targets last year with Diggs missing 2 games and so far Cook has yet to be fully utilized. 

The only difference this year is Cousins. I'm a believer in Thielen...but we're talking a historic season possibly.

Man was I wrong on this guy this year!  He's a great player but I thought there was no way we would approach the 142 targets again - I was obviously WAY off base.  I traded him for draft picks before the season in a 4 player keeper league  :kicksrock:   Anyway, you guys enjoy, I'll show my self out.

Is it time to start thinking of Thielen as the best WR in the league?

That route he ran on that 24 yard diving catch was insane good. 

Users who are viewing this thread