What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Alvin Kamara, NO (3 Viewers)

Like I said in game thread, he goes from the top back in the league to change of pace rb in 1 week. Bravo Sean you a@@hole

Man I didn't expect this at all. I knew his numbers would drop but 2 points at halftime? Ingram getting all the goalline touches? Returning punts? Yikes 

Three days ago I  offered Sony and Evans for him. Rejected. Now I'm glad I think. And that's because I'm loaded at WR. Thought it was a helluva deal for a guy 2-3 and garbage at WR.
I'd take that trade in a second now. Gonna try for something like that but doubt I'll get any offers that good or anyone to accept a trade like that now. 

I'd take that trade in a second now. Gonna try for something like that but doubt I'll get any offers that good or anyone to accept a trade like that now. 
Yeah I wouldn't offer it now. But my team has Mixon, Nuke, Juju and Golloday. Figured I could afford to overpay but now I think I'll stand pat.

It’s one game. Even if Ingram has 7 TDs to Kamara’s 0 I’m not thinking the sky is falling. Actually I hope he does so I can buy Kamara in the leagues I don’t have him. 
Just came to post that you’re going to have some panicked owners that might sell at 80 cents on the dollar.   This is a nationally televised game so they are watching. GO GET KAMARA. He’ll be as cheap as you’re going to get him 

Ingram has a whopping 48 yards. Yes he got 2 TDs.  Kamara has had one goal line carry (negated by penalty).   Of course it’d be great if Kamara got one of those TDs.  But it’s just been a weird night.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Statorama said:
Just came to post that you’re going to have some panicked owners that might sell at 80 cents on the dollar.   This is a nationally televised game so they are watching. GO GET KAMARA. He’ll be as cheap as you’re going to get him 
What kind of FF owner sells low on the #1RB in FF because if 1 bad game?

This game was about Brees' record and letting Ingram roll after his suspension. Everything is fine, fellas. 
So they just decided they'd reward the guy who let the team down for the first four weeks and keep the guy who carried the team the first four weeks on the sidelines most of the night.

Kamara's been missing some practice time lately with what's been listed as "knee" and they ran him a lot in the first 4 games. I think tonight was about getting Brees the record, Ingram some work, and Kamara some rest in a blowout.
A lot of people trying to find an explanation for tonight in this thread... So far I've read mostly nonsense.

Kamara's been missing some practice time lately with what's been listed as "knee" and they ran him a lot in the first 4 games. I think tonight was about getting Brees the record, Ingram some work, and Kamara some rest in a blowout.
Exactly what it struck me as from the get go. 

Cry me a river Kamara owners. The guy won you your games the last two-weeks. Let the guy have a rest, he's human and subject to dumb coaching / poor play like the rest of the league. You didn't expect Ingram not to get goalline carries? Take it week by week, your team likely has a winning record. Don't do anything rash.

Jeez, Kinda what I expected in here.  Are people THAT spoiled from him so far this year that they complain over one game?  All the above thoughts are true.  This was Drew's night, Ingrams big return, and a blowout.  Rest the guy up.  I'm pretty confident he will still be a top 10 RB for the full season once it's all said and done, and you're satisfied with that from where you drafted him.  Your team is also likely 4-1 or 3-2, so relax a little.  He wasn't going to keep that up all year and he's still an auto start rest of year. 

Overreaction Monday at its finest. Off to buy Kamara in my other leagues. I have Bell in 2 - is Bell and a WR2 too low?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cry me a river Kamara owners. The guy won you your games the last two-weeks. Let the guy have a rest, he's human and subject to dumb coaching / poor play like the rest of the league. You didn't expect Ingram not to get goalline carries? Take it week by week, your team likely has a winning record. Don't do anything rash.
HORRIBLE ADVICE...SELL..SELL.SELL!!!!!

*hoping the Kamara owner in my league reads the last few pages

Oh so a guy with a knee issue is returning punts but they are resting him? Makes zero sense. I will be selling to the highest bidder, which won't be much.

Meh.  Kamara's TD rate (13 TDs in 200 touches) last year seemed unsustainable for another full season with Ingram.  Also seemed like Brees would normalize to a higher TD rate this year too, and he has so far.

Jeez, Kinda what I expected in here.  Are people THAT spoiled from him so far this year that they complain over one game?  All the above thoughts are true.  This was Drew's night, Ingrams big return, and a blowout.  Rest the guy up.  I'm pretty confident he will still be a top 10 RB for the full season once it's all said and done, and you're satisfied with that from where you drafted him.  Your team is also likely 4-1 or 3-2, so relax a little.  He wasn't going to keep that up all year and he's still an auto start rest of year. 
Actually, my team is 5-0.  ?

own both & started both/ will be starting both (standard/ no flex).  Figure they will combine for 30 touches a game & 1 will be a weekly stud the other solid RB2 MOST weeks (and if 1 was to miss time, other would be behind only Gurley in value)

Users who are viewing this thread