What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ozark on Netflix (2 Viewers)

On 5/18/2020 at 11:58 AM, jamny said:
I'm not sure how far ahead they are in writing this show but I think the only reason they didn't show Ben getting killed was to leave it open in case they want to go with him still being alive. 
Fwiw

And despite some fan theories that Ben survived his cartel encounter, Ozark showrunner Chris Mundy put an end to any speculation that he is alive during the show’s PaleyFest panel. According to TV Line, the breakout star of Season 3 was, indeed, killed.

“I love the fact that people love [Ben] enough to come up with that theory,” Mundy said according to TV Line. “I wish it were true. But it ain’t true.”

True, but while Pelphrey did a really good job with the role, and Ben was certainly a tragic figure, I wouldn't want to see any more of him.  That part of the story is done and let's move forward and see how things wrap up with Wendy and Marty.
I agree and I do think the intention was that he died. I just think they may have left it somewhat open just in case they decided to go that way. That's why I was asking how far ahead they were writing. If they're just writing it as they go along, after each season, they could try and appease fans that want him back. I don't think they should.

True, but while Pelphrey did a really good job with the role, and Ben was certainly a tragic figure, I wouldn't want to see any more of him.  That part of the story is done and let's move forward and see how things wrap up with Wendy and Marty.
This.  With this being the last season there is plenty of story to tell without the need for Ben.  

I agree and I do think the intention was that he died. I just think they may have left it somewhat open just in case they decided to go that way. That's why I was asking how far ahead they were writing. If they're just writing it as they go along, after each season, they could try and appease fans that want him back. I don't think they should.
Eh, making a change to appease fans is the worst thing a writer can do.  Tell the story and let the chips fall where they may.

This.  With this being the last season there is plenty of story to tell without the need for Ben.  
Agreed. 

We are complete stoked for this, but my wife and I both feel like we need a refresher since it has been so long. Anyone have a good synopsis site? 
I guarantee Episode 1 will start off with a solid recap to get you caught up.  They know it's been a long time for everyone since the last episode.

I should have never convinced my wife to watch this.... She never did then binged it last year and told me how awesome it was.

So now "we have to watch together"..  I'm off today and would probably have plowed through 4 eps by now : 😆

identikit said:
Sorry

I must have seen the recap elsewhere
The was 100% recap at the beginning of episode 1.  I know this because we watched the 2 minute recap in the Extras section. Then started the episode and it started with a recap lol 

The box even popped up that said "skip recap"

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread