What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 FBG Subscriber Contest is LIVE (2 Viewers)

141 + mccaffrey.  living to fight another week.  special teams big again plus that one random good te performance that i get every week (engram this week).

Well they gave me a run at the end but will fall short finally!

121 is the final. Mccoy but up another sleeper, took a zero at flex but Hooper and Zleg gave it the college try with Prescott butting up a respectable score. Sucks but next year watch out lol might not have $176 out lol. 

Best of luck would love to see a DJ team make it!!!

I think I should be good with 132 and potential for improvement (Gano -9.6, Parker -6.3, D. Lewis -6.3).  Was looking bleak early on but some late Jets scores really helped!!

Last edited by a moderator:
146.5 with Parker (-9.6) still to play, looks like I’ll be good. Best of luck to everyone in this thread sweating the cut! 

121 will not be enough, imo

I think it will be close to 130 - but I don't know the ownership stats of the teams left.  But I think there will be a lot of Miami players - since they had the week 1 Bye.  Not sure who is heavily owned on Patriots (other than Hogan who is out), Broncos or Panthers 
Most heavily owned on Dolphins were Ajayi and Parker.  Ajayi is now on bye with the Eagles.  Landry is only on 27 rosters.  Funchess on 68.  Brady 145 (though most likely have another QB score counting already).  James White 145.  Cooks 200. Gronk 173. Newton 299 (but again most have a QB score already).  McCaffrey at 878 and D. Parker at 932 are the two guys with the ability to move the cut line the most.  All of you guys on the fence should be praying they put up duds.  That being said I think the cut line ends up right around 120 

Most heavily owned on Dolphins were Ajayi and Parker.  Ajayi is now on bye with the Eagles.  Landry is only on 27 rosters.  Funchess on 68.  Brady 145 (though most likely have another QB score counting already).  James White 145.  Cooks 200. Gronk 173. Newton 299 (but again most have a QB score already).  McCaffrey at 878 and D. Parker at 932 are the two guys with the ability to move the cut line the most.  All of you guys on the fence should be praying they put up duds.  That being said I think the cut line ends up right around 120 
Lol I like your thought process and optimism for my 121.1 I missed the cut by less than a point last week maybe I can do it again? After this week I have very little byes and still key injurys but not taking any more zeros. I'm not gonna hold my breath but you gave me hope that mccaffree and Parker both get ejected for mooning the crowd in warmups lol:

I've got Parker -9.4 yet to go, so that should protect me from a big line movement from him. Otherwise I'm done I think. So many "0"'s on my roster I keep thinking I must have someone else to go. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I like your thought process and optimism for my 121.1 I missed the cut by less than a point last week maybe I can do it again? After this week I have very little byes and still key injurys but not taking any more zeros. I'm not gonna hold my breath but you gave me hope that mccaffree and Parker both get ejected for mooning the crowd in warmups lol:
I need mccafery witch means odds of said pregame moon just went up 

QB: Winston hurt, Wentz bye, Goff active

RB: DJ and Sproles hurt, D Washington bye, CMC and Cohen active

WR: Hill bye, Evans suspended, Hogan questionable, Zay Jones, Robbie Anderson, Wright and Goodwin active.  The fact that I needed to specify first names here doesn't bode well.

TE: Olsen and Kittle hurt, Ertz bye, Graham active

That means everyone above that's active WILL be my counting players this week.  My only variability is at PK (Dawson, Walsh) and DEF (CAR, DET, TEN).

It was a run. 
Goff: 30.05  :excited:

Cohen 2.10  :yucky: , CMC still to go

Zay: 0.0 :X  Robbie 18.50  :thumbup: , Goodwin 17.10  :o   :shock: , Wright 9.60 :)

Graham 23.70  :excited: , Walsh 9.60  :thumbup: , Lions D 14.00  :D

Sitting 17.95 above the cut

I am at 123 and feel good.

I still have Cooks (-5) and Patriots (-6) tonight, and McCaffrey (-0) tomorrow

I got lucky with the 3 players from this afternoon - particularly Goodwin, but now I expect I can get to 140+ and easily stay ahead of the cut.

Would be awesome if this could be pinned to top thread: http://calcomatic.com/EntryLive/103581

I'm without Hunt, Hill, Ertz, Tucker and Chiefs D due to byes. Without Dalvin Cook, Corey Coleman and Chris Hogan due to injury.  Assume I get Clay back.

I've pretty much assumed for past few weeks that if I made it this far this would be the week I go. Still likely, but Jimmy Grahams day sure helped but it also helped over 400 other teams. Good luck.
Thanks for link.  I somehow survived with 143 plus McCaffrey.  I think i have a good chance to make a run!

148.85 with Landry and Stills to go.I have not made it this far in a lot of years.One of my multitude of WRs always bailing me out.Good luck to all this week sweating the Turk.

at 160 with DT left.

My team is just consistent.  I am hitting maybe 50/50 on the big ticket players, but the budget lottery tickets are all paying off big.

lol nope cut is flying up. Think we are gonna see 125 min and could see 130's with how fast it went in the first.

Foxer2373 said:
lol nope cut is flying up. Think we are gonna see 125 min and could see 130's with how fast it went in the first.
You're a little iffy on your counting. The line was 106.7 before the NE kickoff. It's now 111.05 -- hardly "flying up".

guess it would seem like its  flying up if your sitting at 121.
Nah. 29 points in the 1st half should have pushed it up more. But the scoring is a little weird. I have a feeling Bill is going to be happy grinding it out in the 2nd half if his defense can hold off the Osweiller attack. If there was ever a team and a coach who can't afford a QB injury it's the Pats and Belichick. 

I am at 100.5, but have Newton -0, Drake - 4.6, D Thomas -7.2, and Car D -5. I need a decent to good game out of 2 of the lot and I will be feelig pretty good.

Nah. 29 points in the 1st half should have pushed it up more. But the scoring is a little weird. I have a feeling Bill is going to be happy grinding it out in the 2nd half if his defense can hold off the Osweiller attack. If there was ever a team and a coach who can't afford a QB injury it's the Pats and Belichick. 
Green Bay says hi.

Burkhead's 1st half gave me some breathing room above the cut line.  I'm now at 127 with Burkhead's 2nd half plus Parker (-4.6).  I think I should be in pretty good shape.  I'm thinking the cut probably won't get over 130.

Because they don't have a viable backup.  I'd take Belichick and Hoyer over McCarthy and Hundley.
But NE had the personnel to handle a Brady injury 2 weeks ago. Now they don't, by choice not circumstances. Bill gambled mightily on Brady staying healthy. He had as good a fall-back as anyone in the NFL had. Now he doesn't, again, by choice. 

But NE had the personnel to handle a Brady injury 2 weeks ago. Now they don't, by choice not circumstances. Bill gambled mightily on Brady staying healthy. He had as good a fall-back as anyone in the NFL had. Now he doesn't, again, by choice. 
totally disagree, no they didnt.  i think youre drastically overstating the situation.  if they lose brady for any length of time theyre done.  jimmy g wasnt going to save them.  you kinda sound like all the pats fans around here (i live in ct) who think hes the savior and are mad that new england 'only' got the #33ish pick for their backup qb.

i think belicheck made the correct play.  if the only way you can win is by going all in on brady, then it doesnt really matter if you have a backup qb or not.

I guess I just figure Belichick would find a way to be more competitive with Hoyer than GB has been with Hundley, that's all.  But of course losing Brady would hurt.

Anyway, I'm off topic... and only 11 points above the cut now :(

totally disagree, no they didnt.  i think youre drastically overstating the situation.  if they lose brady for any length of time theyre done.  jimmy g wasnt going to save them.  you kinda sound like all the pats fans around here (i live in ct) who think hes the savior and are mad that new england 'only' got the #33ish pick for their backup qb.

i think belicheck made the correct play.  if the only way you can win is by going all in on brady, then it doesnt really matter if you have a backup qb or not.
I don't think he would lead them to a SB. I think he could lead them to, say, a 3-1 record if Brady missed 4 games. That's probably enough to lock-up a bye at least, maybe home field throughout. 

I don't think he would lead them to a SB. I think he could lead them to, say, a 3-1 record if Brady missed 4 games. That's probably enough to lock-up a bye at least, maybe home field throughout. 
yeah i think thats fair.

the point i was trying to make is that the worse your team is without brady, the less you actually need a backup qb.

yeah i think thats fair.

the point i was trying to make is that the worse your team is without brady, the less you actually need a backup qb.
I agree with that. It just seems to me that while I think NE (with Brady or Garappolo or possibly Hoyer) beat Buffalo/Tennessee/Jax at home in the WC round, having to go to Pitt/KC in the divisional round looks a lot different than catching them at home. 

I guess I just figure Belichick would find a way to be more competitive with Hoyer than GB has been with Hundley, that's all.  But of course losing Brady would hurt.

Anyway, I'm off topic... and only 11 points above the cut now :(
Best thing you have going for you is the 2 offenses playing tomorrow night. Butt-ugly football is absolutely in play for MNF. 

Best thing you have going for you is the 2 offenses playing tomorrow night. Butt-ugly football is absolutely in play for MNF. 
I'll take it... if I do get by, and it's a big if, it will be by decimal points.

Why do I get the feeling Bouye getting knocked out at the one yard line for the Jags D in OT will be the difference?  Ugh.

Done at 127.25.  I'm 10 pts up on the current cut and there are 426 owners between me at the cut.    There are 278 owners in the within 10 pts of the cut line.

Looking at the 20 owners below the cut, 6 are done.  Most of the rest have either Parker of CMac counting after 1.5 to 5 points.

Done at 127.25.  I'm 10 pts up on the current cut and there are 426 owners between me at the cut.    There are 278 owners in the within 10 pts of the cut line.

Looking at the 20 owners below the cut, 6 are done.  Most of the rest have either Parker of CMac counting after 1.5 to 5 points.
I think you should be safe. 

133 w/Parker -8.8

Can't believe I'm probably going to survive this week.  A lot of players on bye, plus I had to use Cohen's 2.1 because of Freeman's early exit.  I'm probably one of ~40 Freeman owners left after this week (72 active right now).

Even with Ertz on bye, both of my Flex scores came from the TE position (J.Graham 23.7, V.Davis 18.1 & V.McDonald 10.6).

This year is bananas.

Users who are viewing this thread