What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 FBG Subscriber Contest is LIVE (2 Viewers)

Hoping to somehow hang on.  At 119.5 with just Julius Thomas (-3.9) left to go.  Not feeling particularly confident with the fate of my rooster in his hands.

5.2 above the cut line, with McCaffrey and Stills left (-5.9 (Rawls) and -4 (Butler) if both exceed 4)), hoping to squeeze by.  Boy did Antonio have a bad score at the wrong time for me...... but if I can squeeze by hopefully he goes off from here and there aren't too many owners of him left, so go McCaffrey and here's hoping Stills has a long TD catch in him for tonight

at 105 now, but still have all of Newton and McCaffrey, and -6.3 with Parker....hope that will be enough to get above the cut, but certainly not a sure thing

17 under the cut with Parker, Thomas and Miami D. Would need some great games from them to even have a chance. Always a great contest. Good luck to the survivors and eventual winners.

128.7 with Cam Newton (-25.3), 12.45 above the cutoff line.  Anyone care to predict the percent chance I move on?

3 QB

T Brady  QB  NE  $27

C Newton  QB  CAR  $15

J Garoppolo  QB  NE  $4

8 RB

T Gurley  RB  LAR  $27

D Cook  RB  MIN  $17

K Hunt  RB  KC  $10

T Rawls  RB  SEA  $8

M Mack  RB  IND $4

W Smallwood  RB  PHI  $3

C West  RB  KC  $3

T Cohen  RB  CHI  $3

9 WR

M Evans  WR  TB  $29

C Coleman  WR  CLE  $10

K White  WR  CHI  $7

C Hogan  WR  NE  $5

T Smith  WR  PHI  $4

P Richardson  WR  SEA  $3

K Golladay  WR  DET  $3

P Dorsett  WR  NE  $3

J Kearse  WR  NYJ  $3

4 TE

T Eifert  TE  CIN  $18

Z Ertz  TE  PHI  $13

A Hooper  TE  ATL  $11

T Higbee  TE  LAR   $6

3 K

S Hauschka  PK  BUF  $3

C Sturgis  PK  PHI  $3

G Zuerlein  PK  LAR  $2

3 DT

Browns  DT  CLE  $2

Lions  DT  DET  $2

Saints  DT  NO  $2

16 above the cut with McCafferey left. Only him and doug martin at rb and no QB this week and I may survive and get Wentz back...

5.4 under the cut with Funchess and McCaffrey going.  My top scorer is Trubisky..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm totally conflicted. Some of you need points from players while others need a poo-poo platter of Carolina/Miami ineptitude I don't know what to pull for. 

Well I'm down to 1.15 points so I'm done lol. Fun while it lasted. First quarter had a glimmer of hope but the second that wouldn't end doomed me fully. 

Thank you Funchess.  Looks like my injury riddled team will survive another week.  Good luck to those still sweating it out.

Well not a nail biter anymore, the Turk had finally caught me.

almost 4 weeks in a row with >$150 missing off my roster. Second furthest I have made it in the comp.

ill be back next year to stake my claim. Best of luck to the survivors!!!

I just hope the cut continues to rise so that I don't curse Rivers knocking Bouye out at the one in OT to deny the Jags D a TD and 6 more points for me.

I am cutting it close. I am ahead of the cut by 4 points. I have D. Parker scoring for me so get any extra points he scores and Carolinas defense, but they need 3 more points to count for me. 

I would have had Ajayi playing tonight, but that trade hurt. Luckily, Brandon Lafell had a great week. 

Come on Parker

Well I'm toast.  Good luck to those of you remaining.  I need to look at strategy anew next year as it's been three years in a row going out week 10-11.

Need a quick Carolina score and stills or Thomas catch unlikely but amazing I have a shot at all given what I came into the week with 

im 1605 too. i feel ya.  :(
  :banned:

Do I get to be pissed at Miami for trading Ajayi  and then getting into a high scoring game which would have saved me. Forget you Miami. Get a defense then I'd still be in it.

I'm done. Just lost Evans and Elliot.

Have Cook, Allen Robinson, Malcom Mitchell, and Sturgis on IR.

Hunt, West, J. Allen, Cooper, & Ertz on BYE.

Need all these guys to go nuts. Counting players:  R. Wilson, McCaffrey, McGuire, Parker, Richardson, Kearse, J Graham, Zuerlein, TEN, DET, NO. So, only 7 active skill pos players, which means I'm taking a 0 for the last flex spot.

Wow. Somehow made it past this week.

Wilson - 21.8, mccaffrey - 20, mcguire - 9.8, parker - 12.6, kearse - 7.5, richardson - 5.3, m mitchell - 0, graham - 23.70, zuerlein - 17.6, lions - 14

Well not a nail biter anymore, the Turk had finally caught me.

almost 4 weeks in a row with >$150 missing off my roster. Second furthest I have made it in the comp.

ill be back next year to stake my claim. Best of luck to the survivors!!!
I'm with you. I couldn't survive the Ertz/Hunt bye. Next season.

Summary of Team Holloway

Players listed in order of cost with number of weeks scoring and average score each time used

QBs - Mariota 2 (19.8), Alex Smith 7 (26.04) & B. Hoyer 1 (30.5)

RBs - L. Bell 8 (21.43), Ingram 7 (19.8), Doug Martin 0, K. Hunt 7 (22.39), Mack 1 (15.8) & Smallwood 1 (17.9)

WRs - Fitzgerald 5 (22.3), D. Parker 5 (14.4), C. Coleman 1 (16.3), T. Ginn 3 (18.0), Perriman 0, M. Lee 3 (17.9), Hogan 5 (18.1), R. Anderson 5 (17.4), T. Smith 0 & Agholor 4 (17.5)

TEs - Rudolph 4 (15.38), Ertz 8 (19.03), Kittle 2 (16.0) & Josh Hill 0

PKs - Walsh 1 (14.2), Forbath 3 (19.03) & Zuerlein 6 (17.52)

DSTs - Titans 1(8), 49ers 3 (6.33), Lions 4 (14) & Saints 2 (22.5)

and there are 6 staffers still alive

It was a fun ride, while it lasted, but it will take a minor miracle for me this week.

QB: Wilson (5), Wentz (5)

RB: Hunt (9), Hyde (8), McCaffrey (7), Cook (2), Smallwood (1)

WR: Cooks (5), Hogan (5), Cooper (4), Nelson (4), Richardson (3), Goodwin (3)

TE: Ertz (9), Engram (6), Graham (5)

K: Walsh (6), Crosby (4)

D: Seattle (7), NE (3)

I have 4 players on bye/injured this week, and it leaves me with only 1 starting RB, and I don't think the rest of my team is strong enough to pick up the slack.    Ajayi trade killed any value Smallwood might have had...

For me to survive, I'll need a combined 100 points from 5 of  Ertz/Engram/Graham, and Cooks/Hogan/Nelson/Cooper/Richardson

We lost 399 Ertz/hunt owners

Only 1434 Hunt owners left. 

So 166 teams without Hunt.
:hey:

CMC, Robbie and Marquise "Scarlet Jesus" Goodwin on bye this week, so I'm relying on DeAndre Washington and Tarik Cohen at RB. 

Need a big week from Smith/Goff, Evans, Hill, Ertz and Graham.  And a PK or DEF losing their mind would be OK too.

Missed by 3 lousy points. McCaffrey did his part but the line moved too much. Next year, no studs on late byes.  Kelce out with only Henry and Gates to back him up was my downfall.  

Good luck all. 

Missed by 3 lousy points. McCaffrey did his part but the line moved too much. Next year, no studs on late byes.  Kelce out with only Henry and Gates to back him up was my downfall.  

Good luck all. 
You have to take risk. I'm pretty happy with my Gurley/Gordon/Hunt stack, especially now that we're through the byes.

But Robbie Anderson's bye could be killer.  :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread