What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antifa: Left Wing Militants on the Rise (4 Viewers)

Have they have taken several city blocks in Seattle and barricaded them?

I remove the link because I’m not sure about it.  What’s going on in Seattle with Antifa?

i suppose this story will grow if true

Last edited by a moderator:
A member of the Seattle Police Officer Guild called in to the local radio station.  He was an extremely upset police officer. Said this group of "protesters " are armed.  Frustrated that he couldn't get local politicians or local MSM to acknowledge or cover the situation.  If it's true they are armed this should be labeled as an official revolt and occupation.  And handled like one. 

Here's an article from a local Seattle news outfit: The Dawn of Free Capitol Hill

tl;dr: similar to what happened in Minneapolis, the SPD abandoned a precinct to attempt to de-escalate the situation between protesters and the SPD. Rumors are the SPD assumed the protesters would burn the building, but instead they're pulling an "Occupy" and are just setting up camp in the area. The armed people that are/were around are the Puget Sound John Brown Gun Club (basically a local left wing version of the guys like the 3 Percenters etc, per some perusal of their website). They said they were around because of rumors that Proud Boys/white supremacists were planning to show up to fight/burn things, but that doesn't appear to have materialized. Not sure if they're still around or not.

My guess would be the authorities are going to hope this just peters out, guess we'll see. Could potentially become a left-wing version of the Bundy occupation.

Just some comment from the people who live in that neighborhood. You cant bury your head in the sand and say it's not Antifa anymore. 

"Residents in the area are also getting used to the new status near the precinct” That isn’t true! As an area resident, it’s really stressful to have this going on here, specially armed ppl. I’m really considering moving out if this continues.

Reply. acab. im gonna move into your ####### house

Reply.  Woeful peasant.  All hail the mighty edgel0rd, the savior of CHAZ and destroyer of all things bad
While I do not want SPD gassing the neighborhood, I also do not want a bunch of armed vigilantes standing watch and freaking out over people they think are Proud Boys, though it does make the point very nicely how if you are profiled as a white male you are followed and harassed. Nice turnabout. Irony noted.

At what point does this reform police. They still seem to be hoping everyone finally just leaves, and I do not see the protesters as likely to leave anytime soon, so we’re at an armed impasse.
if you live in the area you know legit protesters show up from around 5pm to 11-ish… then armed vigilantes and agitators take over until late night, sometimes 5am…. there’s multiple groups with different demands…
I completely agree with abc, this is insanity for the residents; now we are under a dictatorship of armed vigilantes that have BARRICADED us in. This is absurd, the police should be ashamed for abandoning the neighborhood. I do not want to live in a neighborhood with homeless encampments and ‘protesters’ pushing violence after the peaceful protesters leave. I support BLM and fully agree that change needs to occur to love the dial for racial inequality. This is separate and distinct from how I feel about the vigilante protesters taking over a block of citizens and threatening everyones rights within their barricade.

I can only comment on what I know.  In the PNW there's been a lot of the left grouping armed groups with "proud boys" whether they are or not.  It's a slippery slope when the protests have destroyed property and innocent people have been attacked......there are a lot of gun owners out here.....there are a lot of people who won't stand for the looting....this does not automatically make them part of racist or fascist groups......I know of a specific incident where there were a lot of conclusions drawn without evidence.

Now I'm sure that there are anarchists, and fringe groups on both political sides who cause trouble because they want chaos, but I think there are a lot accusations flying around that only make people question the accusers agenda or level of understanding.

In contrast:
Report: FBI found weapons, booby traps after arrest of 3 Nevada men with military experience

FBI agents found rags, gasoline, aerosol cans and weapons along with booby traps, fireworks and handwritten notes of military and survival tactics while serving search warrants on three Nevada men who authorities say sought to spark violence during recent Las Vegas protests, according to police reports obtained Monday.

U.S. prosecutors say Stephen T. Parshall, 35, Andrew T. Lynam Jr., 23, and William L. Loomis, 40, have ties to a loose movement of right-wing extremists advocating the overthrow of the U.S. government. Authorities said the men hoped to carry out a plan to create civic unrest by capitalizing on protests over businesses closed due to the coronavirus and later, the death of George Floyd, a black man who died in Minneapolis after a white officer pressed his knee into his neck for several minutes.

They were arrested May 30 as they prepared to attend a protest of Floyd’s death after filling gas cans at a parking lot and making Molotov cocktails in glass bottles, prosecutors said in charging documents.

In the bed of Parshall’s truck, the FBI found strips of red rags and gasoline, according to a police arrest report. Inside the truck were aerosol cans and weapons.

Inside Loomis’ home, the FBI found handwritten notes of military tactics, possible scouting routes and locations outside the city limits. They also found “kill boxes, survival tactics, fireworks as distractions,” an explosive made of material used primarily for target practice and other traps, according to a police report.

The complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Las Vegas last week said the men self-identified as part of the anti-government “boogaloo” movement, a loose, internet-rooted network of gun enthusiasts who often express support for overthrowing the U.S. government. Its name, a reference to a 1984 movie sequel called “Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo,” is a code word for a second civil war.

After his arrest, Lynam told officers during a police interview that the group started on Facebook but evolved to recruit “like-minded individuals” at rallies and protests with members being vetted undergoing physical training and surveying law enforcement at the protests and rallies.

So what do you do about antifa grouping people in the alt-right that aren't that at all?  That's when we have problems.
Wait...that is more of a problem than POTUS and the AG making false determinations of who is involved in violence and looting in this country?  Who antifa claims is alt-right?

Wait...that is more of a problem than POTUS and the AG making false determinations of who is involved in violence and looting in this country?  Who antifa claims is alt-right?
My only point is that there is broad speculation as to who people are, or what they are about, in our country right now.....the use of racist, fascist, nazi, etc is thrown around quite liberally.  Next thing you know, it'll be if you have a pickup, and a cowboy hat, you're going to be grouped in with the fascists......am I exaggerating?  Maybe a little, but I'm only trying to make a point of where this seems to be heading.

My only point is that there is broad speculation as to who people are, or what they are about, in our country right now.....the use of racist, fascist, nazi, etc is thrown around quite liberally.  Next thing you know, it'll be if you have a pickup, and a cowboy hat, you're going to be grouped in with the fascists......am I exaggerating?  Maybe a little, but I'm only trying to make a point of where this seems to be heading.
Kind of like those in black with backpacks labeled antifa?  And to this point story after story  from law enforcement saying it wasnt antifa...yet all the way to POTUS and the ag to the point of labeling a group terrorists to deflect from the ongoing protests and violence.

I just think there are bigger issues than what that group calls people.

Kind of like those in black with backpacks labeled antifa?  And to this point story after story  from law enforcement saying it wasnt antifa...yet all the way to POTUS and the ag to the point of labeling a group terrorists to deflect from the ongoing protests and violence.

I just think there are bigger issues than what that group calls people.
I agree.....I also think we're not getting all the information about any of these groups, which is why a lot of Americans choose to remain unaffiliated to any of them. 

Both Antifa and White Supremist/Fascist are boogeymen.  Certainly there are a handful of these radicalized extremists on both sides which wish to stir up crap to gain attention to their beliefs.  But in reality, these elements are very small and are only used to create fear.  We live in a country of 330,000,000, yet both sides wish to define the other side by what a few thousand nut cases believe and do.  

If you're from the PNW then you know exactly who these guys are.  The same losers that have tried this same thing every May Day for over a decade.  The nazi's aren't driving to Seattle from Cour'd Alene for these protests, they DGAF.

Free state of ANTIFA going swimmingly in Seattle:

- food supplies stolen by homeless

- barricades setup to keep out undesirables

- those undesirables will he stopped and frisked

- guns not only welcomed, but encouraged

- an actual pimp is taking over policing 

Edit:

- extortion of businesses within borders reported 

If you're from the PNW then you know exactly who these guys are.  The same losers that have tried this same thing every May Day for over a decade.  The nazi's aren't driving to Seattle from Cour'd Alene for these protests, they DGAF.
Also, there's actually plenty of intelligent people out here who don't live the city life.  We like our freedom,  and wide open spaces.....One of the biggest disconnects is the moral, and intellectual superiority of today's left.....talk about tone deaf.

A member of the Seattle Police Officer Guild called in to the local radio station.  He was an extremely upset police officer. Said this group of "protesters " are armed.  Frustrated that he couldn't get local politicians or local MSM to acknowledge or cover the situation.  If it's true they are armed this should be labeled as an official revolt and occupation.  And handled like one. 
KOMO News reporting that armed protesters have tried to demand payment from businesses in the area to keep operating.  

Defund police sounds like a blast. 

jplvr said:
Free state of ANTIFA going swimmingly in Seattle:

- food supplies stolen by homeless

- barricades setup to keep out undesirables

- those undesirables will he stopped and frisked

- guns not only welcomed, but encouraged

- an actual pimp is taking over policing 

Edit:

- extortion of businesses within borders reported 
Man, the yahoos running that city sure are weak.

Encircle the area and not let anyone in.   Turn off the power,  cell service, internet service, and all other services to the area.  Turn off the water and no food comes in.   They will be back in mom's basement within a few days. 

Encircle the area and not let anyone in.   Turn off the power,  cell service, internet service, and all other services to the area.  Turn off the water and no food comes in.   They will be back in mom's basement within a few days. 
This is a pretty interesting situation, surprised we aren’t chatting about it more

They have their own subreddit and list of demands

https://www.reddit.com/r/CapHillAutonomousZone/

This is a pretty interesting situation, surprised we aren’t chatting about it more
We know the leftest government in Seattle won't do it, but that could be an option by Trump.  They are trying to bait him into sending in the military and people die.  Since he's in a lose/lose situation, that would be his best option IMO.  At least for now it is.  If that doesn't work he will have no option but to go in and take it by force.  You can't have citizens taking over a city like this.

They have their own subreddit and list of demands

https://www.reddit.com/r/CapHillAutonomousZone/
I think part of the problem is no one (including many of those "on the inside", it seems) has any idea how seriously to take this thing or not. Even their subreddit is more than half memes and joke images. I think the "adults in the room" are expecting it'll just go away. We'll see. 

Edit: I'd also recommend reading some of the top stickied post on that sub, it has a verified resident of the area answering questions. From what he says, the Internet is making it out to be a whole lot more than it is. Says it doesn't really feel any different from how it has the last two weeks when it was police vs. protesters. He's basically living life like normal.

I think part of the problem is no one (including many of those "on the inside", it seems) has any idea how seriously to take this thing or not. Even their subreddit is more than half memes and joke images. I think the "adults in the room" are expecting it'll just go away. We'll see. 

Edit: I'd also recommend reading some of the top stickied post on that sub, it has a verified resident of the area answering questions. From what he says, the Internet is making it out to be a whole lot more than it is. Says it doesn't really feel any different from how it has the last two weeks when it was police vs. protesters. He's basically living life like normal.
Yeah hard from the outside to tell if it’s shtick or real.

I just linked to someone on the inside that knows exactly how serious to take it, imo.  Give it a listen.

And to be fair, the liberal Seattle City Council and Mayor have ruined downtown anyway.  They really don't arrest people unless it's a super serious crime so there isn't much difference. There is enough drug use and homeless people downtown we hardly ever go downtown unless it's to a ball game.  I wouldn't really feel safe letting my wife walk around after dark, for example  It just must suck for the people who live in that neighborhood and the police that just want to try and do their job. If you support safe injection sites, homeless camps and don't enforce the laws - this is what happens.

So is this Antifa in Seattle or is this the result of white supremacists too?  
It's Antifa, BLM gone bad and/or radical protesting.  Whatever you want to call it, it's not real organized, but we know who they are and they are faaaar left.  The nazi wont drive all the way to Seattle from Western Washington and Idaho for a George Floyd protest.  They don't give a crap and know they'd be severely outnumbered.  They only come to town when it's for their causes and occasionally to take on Antifa.

Police walk back report that Capitol Hill protesters extorted businesses

The Seattle Police Department walked back its claim, widely repeated in the news media, that denizens of the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone are extorting businesses.

"That has not happened affirmatively," Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best in a news conference Thursday afternoon, adding that the police department had based earlier claims on anecdotal reports, including in the news and on social media. "We haven't had any formal reports of this occurring."

That contradicts earlier statements from the police.

In a news conference Wednesday, Assistant Seattle Police Chief Deanna Nollette said police have heard from Capitol Hill community members that some protesters have asked business owners to pay a fee to operate in a roughly six-block area around the precinct. Police Chief Carmen Best repeated the claim in a video address to officers Thursday morning.

The police narrative rang false to many in the Capitol Hill business community. Restaurant owners said they hadn't heard any reports of extortion in the Autonomous Zone. On the contrary: Sales are strong and the increase in walk-up business is cutting down on delivery costs.

"This protest has not hurt us at all," said Bok a Bok Chicken co-owner Brian O'Connor. When he came to the Autonomous Zone Wednesday, rather than extortion, he said he was met with an offer of a free bagel-and-cheese sandwich.

The claim seems to have originated on conservative blog The Post Millennial, in an article written by former Seattle City Council candidate Ari Hoffman. The article quoted unnamed police officers who alleged protesters were extorting businesses for protection money.

Hoffman did not respond to questions about his sourcing. The claim was later repeated by a commenter under the name "Marcus S." on the Capitol Hill Seattle blog, and in a tweet by Andy Ngo, editor-at-large of The Post Millennial.

Apart from those sources, Christina Arrington, who heads the Capitol Hill branch of the Greater Seattle Business Association, said she has had "no other indications that this is taking place." The GSBA "found no evidence of this occurring," the group tweeted, based on conversations with area business.

The Seattle Times, among other local news outlets, repeated Nollette's claims that the police had received reports of extortion from community members.

—Katherine K. Long
Utterly shocking that right-wing media "darling" Andy Ngo and the police would lie about this.

I just linked to someone on the inside that knows exactly how serious to take it, imo.  Give it a listen.
Thanks but no thanks on caring what a police union president has to say on the matter. I'll take the word of the residents.

So is this Antifa in Seattle or is this the result of white supremacists too?  
Good question, strange how silent the MSM is on this. They covered the 70 year old cattle ranchers squatting on a piece of farm land every day, but a takeover of a part of a major city doesn’t get any time on CNN.

Should people paint with such a broad brush?  This idea that all cops are bad seems counter-productive.
I generally don't like to, but I have exceptions. For me, it is similar to how I treat things coming from the Trump administration, or Tucker Carlson, or Andy Ngo, or Dinesh D'Souza -- given their track record for outright lying or at least distorting the truth, I have absolutely no confidence in what they tell me. As such, I don't really feel like wasting my time listening to it, especially when there are numerous other sources where I could get information from.

And to clarify, no, I don't think all cops are bad -- but I've never heard from/of a police union president that has embraced the idea that there might be something wrong with policing in our country.

I generally don't like to, but I have exceptions. For me, it is similar to how I treat things coming from the Trump administration, or Tucker Carlson, or Andy Ngo, or Dinesh D'Souza -- given their track record for outright lying or at least distorting the truth, I have absolutely no confidence in what they tell me. As such, I don't really feel like wasting my time listening to it, especially when there are numerous other sources where I could get information from.

And to clarify, no, I don't think all cops are bad -- but I've never heard from/of a police union president that has embraced the idea that there might be something wrong with policing in our country.
Some of those people have records of lying.  A random police union chief does not.  If that particular man is a liar, then I agree with your point.

The truth here is that it’s certainly not as bad as the Andy NGO’s of the world say it is, but that doesn’t mean things are going well either. 

But news is so partisan it’s sometimes tough to figure out what’s really going on, it’s a frustrating thing. 

Thanks but no thanks on caring what a police union president has to say on the matter. I'll take the word of the residents.
Tells me all I need to know if you aren’t willing to listen to all sides of the story. You aren’t interested in finding the truth.
Betting to stick with reddit. 

Shouting at people. “Go back to your country!”  “Go back to America!”  

:lmao:  Let’s give them annex them, give them this little area. Put up border fence and see how long they last without resources. 

Users who are viewing this thread