What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (11 Viewers)

I'm surprised at how quiet the Jets have been since Friday.  Still nothing at edge rusher or center. We can probably get another CB, too. It looks like we have $40+m in cap room. I can't believe how we haven't heard anything on Justin Houston. I would have thought he would have been a target, but we're not hearing anything about him.

I'm surprised at how quiet the Jets have been since Friday.  Still nothing at edge rusher or center. We can probably get another CB, too. It looks like we have $40+m in cap room. I can't believe how we haven't heard anything on Justin Houston. I would have thought he would have been a target, but we're not hearing anything about him.
I think maybe they figured the did some shopping on Fifth Avenue and are now ready to go to the outlets to get some bargains. The second wave is better value and now they can take adavantage of them having the leverage.

I think maybe they figured the did some shopping on Fifth Avenue and are now ready to go to the outlets to get some bargains. The second wave is better value and now they can take adavantage of them having the leverage.
Mac went to the Dollar Store and signed Vikings guard Tom Compton. He's pretty average, Depth I guess. Can play RT in a pinch.

The Athletic's Connor Hughes reports the Jets are interested in free agent G/C Stefen Wisniewski.

Versatile on the interior, 30-year-old Wisniewski has reached the phase of his career where he is no longer a full-time starter. He would be a nice piece of depth for the Jets in the second wave of free agency. It is worth noting that neither RG Brian Winters nor C Jonotthan Harrison were effective for Gang Green last season.

The Jets brought back Qvale and Tomlinson.

Catanzaro got a $600k signing bonus and will make $2m this year.

Welp, no Justin Houston. I don't think we have shown any interest in Ansah. Copeland who had 5 sacks in limited time met with Detroit today.  I guess we're going Bosa/Allen, although you know Mac will be tempted to go DT with Williams. It will be funny if we still don't get an edge rusher with several that hit FA and this draft.

I don’t see any other possible move that makes sens than taking whoever is left between Bosa and Allen.

Does any of the Gang Green in this thread believe they will go any other way with their pick?
I'm all for Bosa/Allen, but it would not surprise me if they went Williams. Based on? 50 years of being a Jets fan. Our GM might think Williams is the BPA and I'm sure there are other GMs/scouts that believe it.

No - but if they do trade back they may not get a top guy.
I agree -- they have needs elsewhere, so the only way it makes sense is to get an additional pick this year -- they don't have a 2nd round pick --  but I think the value in getting Bosa/Allen is greater than lesser blue chip prospects at other positions. 

I'm all for Bosa/Allen, but it would not surprise me if they went Williams. Based on? 50 years of being a Jets fan. Our GM might think Williams is the BPA and I'm sure there are other GMs/scouts that believe it.
Jets still plan to stay in a base 3-4? I get the "front office making head-scratching decisions" but given scheme and need -- they shed Wilkerson (a great and overdue move) and their depth behind Leonard Williams on the outside is really suspect, any other move beside Bosa/Allen truly makes no sense.

I agree -- they have needs elsewhere, so the only way it makes sense is to get an additional pick this year -- they don't have a 2nd round pick --  but I think the value in getting Bosa/Allen is greater than lesser blue chip prospects at other positions. 

Jets still plan to stay in a base 3-4? I get the "front office making head-scratching decisions" but given scheme and need -- they shed Wilkerson (a great and overdue move) and their depth behind Leonard Williams on the outside is really suspect, any other move beside Bosa/Allen truly makes no sense.
Yes, they're staying in the 3-4, but Williams will have plenty of different looks. Agreed. They have been looking for an edge rusher since before even @rockaction was born.  Yet, the Jets do love their defensive tackles. Who knows if they will re-sign Leonard Williams and could look for a replacement. I know, it makes no sense, but we've seen this move before. Outside of Darnold last year, this GM has a fetish for drafting best player available at non-premium positions (Safety, LB, DT). 

Yes, they're staying in the 3-4, but Williams will have plenty of different looks. Agreed. They have been looking for an edge rusher since before even @rockaction was born.  Yet, the Jets do love their defensive tackles. Who knows if they will re-sign Leonard Williams and could look for a replacement. I know, it makes no sense, but we've seen this move before. Outside of Darnold last year, this GM has a fetish for drafting best player available at non-premium positions (Safety, LB, DT). 
I have to laugh. I'm old enough to remember the NYSE. Gastineau was our EDGE. 

BPA vs. BPA need is a great debate when it comes down to it. Love to have that debate but too tired right now. Is Mahomes II not 1.1 every time once one thinks about it?  We picked a the best safety in the draft That says it all.  

Not that it matters because those NFL Good Morning show people are goofballs, but in their mock draft, they chose Williams for us when Bosa went #2.  The threat is real despite our glaring need at edge. This GM likes to go BPA some feel that Williams can provide pressure from the inside which happens to be Brady's Achilles' heel.

I have to laugh. I'm old enough to remember the NYSE. Gastineau was our EDGE. 

BPA vs. BPA need is a great debate when it comes down to it. Love to have that debate but too tired right now. Is Mahomes II not 1.1 every time once one thinks about it?  We picked a the best safety in the draft That says it all.  
He was, but I always thought Joe Klecko was the most valuable player of the NYSE.

He was, but I always thought Joe Klecko was the most valuable player of the NYSE.
Yeah, Klecko was probably better. I listed Gastineau because I thought Klecko was interior, and remember Gastineau off of the edge. Turns out, my memory is a little faulty, as Klecko played both EDGE and nose tackle. I was only six or seven in his prime, though. 

Heh. What a line for its time.  

Not that it matters because those NFL Good Morning show people are goofballs, but in their mock draft, they chose Williams for us when Bosa went #2.  The threat is real despite our glaring need at edge. This GM likes to go BPA some feel that Williams can provide pressure from the inside which happens to be Brady's Achilles' heel.
I could live with it because I do think Williams is the safer pick and could be a force - and like you said getting pressure up the middle is key with Brady - but if course the team would be forced to get creative with blitzes to get pressure from the edges. We’ve been down this road for far too long.

Yeah, Klecko was probably better. I listed Gastineau because I thought Klecko was interior, and remember Gastineau off of the edge. Turns out, my memory is a little faulty, as Klecko played both EDGE and nose tackle. I was only six or seven in his prime, though. 

Heh. What a line for its time.  
Yes, Klecko played both inside and out in his career. Although sacks were not an official stat in 1981, both Klecko and Gastineau had 20 sacks each . Can you imagine?  Lyons and Salaam combined for double digits. That's 50+ from only our d-line. That was sick.

I didn't like Gastineau's sack dance (neither did his teammates).  I think I still hold a grudge for his roughing the passer penalty against Cleveland in the playoffs. Thanks to him, we blew that game. We had a decent shot for the Super Bowl that year. Anyway, just another of a million painful memories.

Greg Williams coached Ogbah last year.  I like Ogbah, he got injured in the first game with a high ankle sprain which hampered him all season.  Very athletic, lots of untapped upside but the Olivier Vernon trade makes him expendable.  Haven't followed Darron Lee but the Browns could use depth/competition at LB position.  Kirkesy struggled last year before landing on IR so he needs competition.  

--------------------------------------------------------------

Rich Cimini‏Verified account @RichCimini

And it would be a “homecoming” for Lee, who played at Ohio State. Fair trade. Ogbah would provide DL depth/flexibility.

Rich Cimini added, Mike ClayVerified account @MikeClayNFL

Trade idea: Jets send LB Darron Lee to the Browns for DT/DE Emmanuel Ogbah . Both were "replaced" this offseason and entering a contract year. Adds a DL/Edge option for Jets and a young LB to compete with Kirksey and Schobert for Browns.

11:43 AM - 25 Mar 2019

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like Jets GM wants to trade down. >>>>  Mike Maccagnam reiterates interest in trading down...

I'm assuming latest Kiper mock would be in Jets trade down because they have them taking a guy who most don't have in the first round.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Clay‏Verified account @MikeClayNFL

File ‘Terry McLaurin in Round 1’ under #ThingsIDidntSeeComing

Mike Clay added, Rich CiminiVerified account @RichCimini

Mel Kiper’s latest mock draft is out. A change up for the #Jets (via ESPN+) 

5:18 AM - 26 Mar 2019 from Cheshire, CT

Sounds like Jets GM wants to trade down. >>>>  Mike Maccagnam reiterates interest in trading down...

I'm assuming latest Kiper mock would be in Jets trade down because they have them taking a guy who most don't have in the first round.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Clay‏Verified account @MikeClayNFL

File ‘Terry McLaurin in Round 1’ under #ThingsIDidntSeeComing

Mike Clay added, Rich CiminiVerified account @RichCimini

Mel Kiper’s latest mock draft is out. A change up for the #Jets (via ESPN+) 

5:18 AM - 26 Mar 2019 from Cheshire, CT
Kiper's mock has the Jets staying at 3 and selecting Josh Allen.  He has the Colts taking McLaurin at 26.

Greg Williams coached Ogbah last year.  I like Ogbah, he got injured in the first game with a high ankle sprain which hampered him all season.  Very athletic, lots of untapped upside but the Olivier Vernon trade makes him expendable.  Haven't followed Darron Lee but the Browns could use depth/competition at LB position.  Kirkesy struggled last year before landing on IR so he needs competition.  

--------------------------------------------------------------

Rich Cimini‏Verified account @RichCimini

And it would be a “homecoming” for Lee, who played at Ohio State. Fair trade. Ogbah would provide DL depth/flexibility.

Rich Cimini added, Mike ClayVerified account @MikeClayNFL

Trade idea: Jets send LB Darron Lee to the Browns for DT/DE Emmanuel Ogbah . Both were "replaced" this offseason and entering a contract year. Adds a DL/Edge option for Jets and a young LB to compete with Kirksey and Schobert for Browns.

11:43 AM - 25 Mar 2019
Lee isn't a good fit in the 3-4 system. He improved last year, at least in pass coverage. As far as the run game goes, imo, Lee has to guess off the snap because he's too small to fight through blocks. I think he guesses incorrectly often, but when he guesses correctly, he makes some nice plays in the backfield.

I would think that Lee has a little bit better value than Ogbah. I would think Cleveland would have to throw in a 6th or 7th rounder.  Lee could be a decent player in a 4-3 defense.

Off the field, Lee had to be separated by a teammate from going after a woman at a concert. He was suspended for 4 games for an illegal substance and I believe 1 game the previous year for being late or missing a meeting. I hate the guy.

Lee isn't a good fit in the 3-4 system. He improved last year, at least in pass coverage. As far as the run game goes, imo, Lee has to guess off the snap because he's too small to fight through blocks. I think he guesses incorrectly often, but when he guesses correctly, he makes some nice plays in the backfield.

I would think that Lee has a little bit better value than Ogbah. I would think Cleveland would have to throw in a 6th or 7th rounder.  Lee could be a decent player in a 4-3 defense.

Off the field, Lee had to be separated by a teammate from going after a woman at a concert. He was suspended for 4 games for an illegal substance and I believe 1 game the previous year for being late or missing a meeting. I hate the guy.
He has the feel of a "Bowles guy" who isn't going to thrive under what isn't going to be a particularly player friendly environment run by Gase/Williams.

NYRAGE said:

For some reason I thought Lee had speed and was a bit undersized, i.e., built like a 4-3 WLB type but it doesn't seem like a good fit for a 4-3 Wilks defense that may be more of a 5-2 base.  

I like Ogbah a lot as he's cheap depth with upside.  Dorsey has been great but one mistake he made last year was dumping a DE on his rookie deal who wound up in Tampa Bay and became a starter so I hope he doesn't make  a similar mistake with Ogbah.  In any event it doesn't sound like Dorsey would be pursuing Lee.

So it looks like a wrap on the new players until the draft unless something unexpected happens - heres where they stand 

Cap space $30M

Rookie pool $9M

net cap space $21M

Out of that figure a few depth signing but they should have at least $15M to roll over to next year which is likely the plan.  Jets are currently sitting at $55M under the expected cap for 2020 - roll another $15M into that and looking at $70M.  Only big name not signed for next yr is Leonard Williams and only big salary that could be really cut is Winters at $7M....

I think Leonard finally puts together a complete season under the new staff along with the help brought in.....Im thinking he slots in next year just below $15M so figure they have $55M going into the offseason - hopefully they wont be picking so high next yr so rookie pool will only be $5-7M so with their usual $15M wiggle room they could have $35M to spend which could be at least 1 or 2 more big playmakers....

As for the draft - Im cooling down on the trade back- since they lost Barr and didnt land a pass rusher I just dont see how they can not walk away with Bosa or Allen assuming Murray goes #1.....if they trade back I wouldnt go further than the Giants at #6....happy to take their 2 #1 picks and perhaps a 2d next yr for the swap.  still land a premiere pass rusher...grab an OT/WR with the 2d 1st rder....I've read Washington may want to trade up but it would have to be a ridiculous haul to go that far back...1st, 2d and 3rd this yr with a 1st and 2d next yr to even start getting my interest.....if dolphins call I hang up the phone...let them stay in tank mode a few yrs!  

around 30 days to the draft.....should be interesting.  

For some reason I thought Lee had speed and was a bit undersized, i.e., built like a 4-3 WLB type but it doesn't seem like a good fit for a 4-3 Wilks defense that may be more of a 5-2 base.  

I like Ogbah a lot as he's cheap depth with upside.  Dorsey has been great but one mistake he made last year was dumping a DE on his rookie deal who wound up in Tampa Bay and became a starter so I hope he doesn't make  a similar mistake with Ogbah.  In any event it doesn't sound like Dorsey would be pursuing Lee.
He is fast. He ran 4.4-4.5 in his 40.  His best plays are when he comes off the line of scrimmage using his speed to nail the RB behind the line of scrimmage. When he guesses the wrong direction, he's completely out of the play.  He's not the type to read and react. He guesses before the play is run. He's pretty small and gets engulfed when blockers come at him. He came to the Jets with great coverage reputation, but wasn't so good early on. He improved last year.

So it looks like a wrap on the new players until the draft unless something unexpected happens - heres where they stand 

Cap space $30M

Rookie pool $9M

net cap space $21M

Out of that figure a few depth signing but they should have at least $15M to roll over to next year which is likely the plan.  Jets are currently sitting at $55M under the expected cap for 2020 - roll another $15M into that and looking at $70M.  Only big name not signed for next yr is Leonard Williams and only big salary that could be really cut is Winters at $7M....

I think Leonard finally puts together a complete season under the new staff along with the help brought in.....Im thinking he slots in next year just below $15M so figure they have $55M going into the offseason - hopefully they wont be picking so high next yr so rookie pool will only be $5-7M so with their usual $15M wiggle room they could have $35M to spend which could be at least 1 or 2 more big playmakers....

As for the draft - Im cooling down on the trade back- since they lost Barr and didnt land a pass rusher I just dont see how they can not walk away with Bosa or Allen assuming Murray goes #1.....if they trade back I wouldnt go further than the Giants at #6....happy to take their 2 #1 picks and perhaps a 2d next yr for the swap.  still land a premiere pass rusher...grab an OT/WR with the 2d 1st rder....I've read Washington may want to trade up but it would have to be a ridiculous haul to go that far back...1st, 2d and 3rd this yr with a 1st and 2d next yr to even start getting my interest.....if dolphins call I hang up the phone...let them stay in tank mode a few yrs!  

around 30 days to the draft.....should be interesting.  
They seem to be under pressure to perform well this year. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything on Ansah and went cheap on K/returner with this much space left.  Maybe they look at Jaime Collins on a cheaper deal.

They seem to be under pressure to perform well this year. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything on Ansah and went cheap on K/returner with this much space left.  Maybe they look at Jaime Collins on a cheaper deal.
I’m not a Trenton Cannon fan as a RB, and I realize he had some issues fielding kicks, but I’m guessing they think he can be a dangerous return man for them and with his speed and cutting ability I don’t doubt that.

And yes they still have enough money left to bring in one of the veteran edge rushers still out there at what should now be a discounted price. Collins who spent time in Williams’ system last season makes a lot of sense.

Dr. Octopus said:
I’m not a Trenton Cannon fan as a RB, and I realize he had some issues fielding kicks, but I’m guessing they think he can be a dangerous return man for them and with his speed and cutting ability I don’t doubt that.

And yes they still have enough money left to bring in one of the veteran edge rushers still out there at what should now be a discounted price. Collins who spent time in Williams’ system last season makes a lot of sense.
Some is being kind.

NYRAGE said:
We signed Ty Montgomery to be our back-up RB and maybe kick returner
I think it's a good signing. He also provides depth at slot WR which is where he first played until GB moved him to RB out of desperation.

That's a tough first half.

Week 1: vs. Buffalo Bills, Sept. 8, 1 p.m.

Week 2: vs. Cleveland Browns (Monday night), Sept. 16, 8:15 p.m.

Week 3: at New England Patriots, Sept. 22, 1 p.m.

Week 4: Bye

Week 5: at Philadelphia Eagles, Oct. 6, 1 p.m.

Week 6: vs. Dallas Cowboys, Oct. 13, 4:25 p.m.

Week 7: vs New England Patriots (Monday night), Oct. 21, 8:15 p.m.

Week 8: at Jacksonville Jaguars, Oct. 27, 1 p.m.

Week 9: at Miami Dolphins, Nov. 3, 1 p.m.

Week 10: vs. New York Giants, Nov. 10, 1 p.m.

Week 11: at Washington Redskins, Nov. 17, 1 p.m.

Week 12: vs. Oakland Raiders, Nov. 24, 1 p.m.

Week 13: at Cincinnati Bengals, Dec. 1, 1 p.m.

Week 14: vs. Miami Dolphins, Dec. 8, 1 p.m.

Week 15: at Baltimore Ravens (Thursday night), Dec. 12, 8:20 p.m.

Week 16: vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Dec. 22, 1 p.m.

Week 17: at Buffalo Bills, Dec. 29, 1 p.m

That's a tough first half.

Week 1: vs. Buffalo Bills, Sept. 8, 1 p.m.

Week 2: vs. Cleveland Browns (Monday night), Sept. 16, 8:15 p.m.

Week 3: at New England Patriots, Sept. 22, 1 p.m.

Week 4: Bye

Week 5: at Philadelphia Eagles, Oct. 6, 1 p.m.

Week 6: vs. Dallas Cowboys, Oct. 13, 4:25 p.m.

Week 7: vs New England Patriots (Monday night), Oct. 21, 8:15 p.m.

Week 8: at Jacksonville Jaguars, Oct. 27, 1 p.m.

Week 9: at Miami Dolphins, Nov. 3, 1 p.m.

Week 10: vs. New York Giants, Nov. 10, 1 p.m.

Week 11: at Washington Redskins, Nov. 17, 1 p.m.

Week 12: vs. Oakland Raiders, Nov. 24, 1 p.m.

Week 13: at Cincinnati Bengals, Dec. 1, 1 p.m.

Week 14: vs. Miami Dolphins, Dec. 8, 1 p.m.

Week 15: at Baltimore Ravens (Thursday night), Dec. 12, 8:20 p.m.

Week 16: vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Dec. 22, 1 p.m.

Week 17: at Buffalo Bills, Dec. 29, 1 p.m
Yes. Overall it's a relatively easy schedule but they could conceivably start out 1-5 or 2-4 and have to dig out of a hole.

Now with that said, it is also conceivable they split with the Pats and win one of the NFC East games and start out 3-3 or even 4-2 and with very winnable games like Jax, Miami, NYG, Was, Oak, Cinncy and Miami ahead of them (that has to be one of the easiest seven game stretches on paper that I have seen).

I hate having a bye week so early in the season but overall the schedule is pretty favorable.

Jets could add some drama on draft night.

Sources: Jets seem 'determined' to trade down in first round of NFL Draft An NFL source said Mike Maccagnan's goal is to at least recoup the second-round pick he gave up last year

...According to multiple NFL sources, the Jets seem "determined" to trade down in the first round of the NFL Draft, which begins on Thursday in Nashville. Jets GM Mike Maccagnan has made it clear several times that he's "open" to the idea, though he may be downplaying just how open to it he actually is.

"They seem to really, really want to move down," said one NFL executive. "Maybe they're just keeping their options open, but it sure seems like that No. 3 pick is for sale."

As far back as the NFL scouting combine in late February, Maccagnan said he was willing to listen to offers, and at the NFL owners meetings in late March he admitted he'd had "conversations" with teams about a possible deal. His motivation, according to multiple sources, is that the Jets only have six picks in what is considered by most scouts to be a very deep and rich draft, at least through the first four rounds.

Maccagnan's goal, one NFL source said, is to at least recoup the second-round pick he gave up last year when the Jets moved up in the draft to get quarterback Sam Darnold.

Maccagnan was aggressive with that deal, making it in mid-March. Any trade down, though, likely won't happen until Draft Day -- and most likely not until the Jets are on the clock -- because there are many variables still at play. The biggest one remains whether the Arizona Cardinals select Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray No. 1 or not.

...Maccagnan already thinks the price for the third pick should be high, regardless. After all, he paid a high price last year -- three second-round picks -- to move up three spots for a franchise quarterback, and he would expect another team trying to move up for a quarterback to do the same.

"My personal opinion is if you're trying to go chase a quarterback, it's sort of whatever the market is and then some," Maccagnan said at the combine in February....
Go to the link for the full read.

I don't trust this moron GM to draft well. Outside of Herndon, has he made any good picks past the first round?  Maye  (second rounder) might be good if he can finally stay healthy although who goes Safety back to back with his first 2 picks? Jenkins is ok. That's pretty much it.

His best bet is to stay at 3 and draft a top prospect. The more he slides down, the tougher it will be for him.  Don't be surprised if he goes Williams or Oliver at 3. Most GMs place a premium on pass rush and o-line. This guy likes defensive tackles,  safeties, and tiny linebackers with his high first rounders.  If he does go with Williams or Oliver, we'll still have a need at edge rusher for like the 20th consecutive year. God help us.

He also doesn't like to draft o-line. He should draft a center with one of his two third rounders. We'll see though. I won't be shocked if he waits until the 4th or 6th round to draft a lineman.

I don't trust this moron GM to draft well. Outside of Herndon, has he made any good picks past the first round?  Maye  (second rounder) might be good if he can finally stay healthy although who goes Safety back to back with his first 2 picks? Jenkins is ok. That's pretty much it.

His best bet is to stay at 3 and draft a top prospect. The more he slides down, the tougher it will be for him.  Don't be surprised if he goes Williams or Oliver at 3. Most GMs place a premium on pass rush and o-line. This guy likes defensive tackles,  safeties, and tiny linebackers with his high first rounders.  If he does go with Williams or Oliver, we'll still have a need at edge rusher for like the 20th consecutive year. God help us.

He also doesn't like to draft o-line. He should draft a center with one of his two third rounders. We'll see though. I won't be shocked if he waits until the 4th or 6th round to draft a lineman.
How much of that is Woody listening to Bowles, though?  Bowles looked like he just got served authentic New Haven pizza when they selected Darron Lee in the first, which was a disaster pick from the get-go. Bowles was grinning from ear to ear.

How much of that is Woody listening to Bowles, though?  Bowles looked like he just got served authentic New Haven pizza when they selected Darron Lee in the first, which was a disaster pick from the get-go. Bowles was grinning from ear to ear.
This is a good point, and logic I used to apply when considering what happened to Tannenbaum as a GM when we all loved him under the Mangini year(s?) because he brought in a good core of players...versus the Rex years when we were drafting the likes Kyle Wilson, Quinton Coples, Dee Miliner and Calvin Pryor with our 1sts. 

I guess there really is something to be said about a coach having a quasi-duel role as a GM.  Maybe/hopefully Gase's experience with personnel decisions (albeit something he didn't want) in Miami will help in the form of input he has in this draft.  We can only hope given that it's starting to look like Mac has to be saved from himself right now.

I could be wrong, but wasn't there some criticism of Bowles after he was fired for not providing input to McCags on draft picks? I could have sworn that I read that Gase, unlike Bowles, was working closely with our GM on draft philosophies and players that fit Gase's system. Apparently they (GM and Bowles) didn't work together and were forced on each other like an arranged wedding. Allegedly Bowles would say that he can coach any kind of player. 

Either way, it's been obvious to most of us that both Bowles and our GM were in way over their heads. 

Either way, it's been obvious to most of us that both Bowles and our GM were in way over their heads. 
Agreed. Our GM still might be. 

eta* Also, I'm not sure of the dynamic. I thought Bowles and Johnson were determining some things over Maccagnan's head, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of pre draft smokescreens....newest one is Ed Oliver...interesting that Jets tied to him just as rumors of the Raiders liking him come through......swapping picks with the Raiders for a 2d (even if they have to throw in a 3rd) would be awesome.....really dont want them to go past 6.  I could live with oliver at 6...not 3 though.  

Couldnt stop laughing at the report that Seahawks want the 3rd overall for Frank Clark....uhhh no thanks!  

Im warming up to Q over Allen...Id prefer the pass rusher in a perfect world but if Q is that highly regarded Im willing to take another ride on the JEt DL express

I'm not convinced the Cards take Kyler....I have a feeling they shock the draft and take Bosa....SF pivots to Q and Jets sitting in a pretty good seat for someone who wants to trade up....I want those 2 1sts from the Giants....if not take Allen and call it a day. 

Lots of pre draft smokescreens....newest one is Ed Oliver...interesting that Jets tied to him just as rumors of the Raiders liking him come through......swapping picks with the Raiders for a 2d (even if they have to throw in a 3rd) would be awesome.....really dont want them to go past 6.  I could live with oliver at 6...not 3 though.  

Couldnt stop laughing at the report that Seahawks want the 3rd overall for Frank Clark....uhhh no thanks!  

Im warming up to Q over Allen...Id prefer the pass rusher in a perfect world but if Q is that highly regarded Im willing to take another ride on the JEt DL express

I'm not convinced the Cards take Kyler....I have a feeling they shock the draft and take Bosa....SF pivots to Q and Jets sitting in a pretty good seat for someone who wants to trade up....I want those 2 1sts from the Giants....if not take Allen and call it a day. 
This Oliver thing makes no sense.  I don't see the Raiders trading up for him either.

Yeah, 3rd overall for Clark and a big contract? sure. Well the Seahawks might as well sure high in trade talks and they did. Ha

I've felt from day 1 that our GM would take Q over Allen. Now do we trade down is the bigger question.

I'm kind of shocked that we haven't heard more about QBs in the top 10. I know the quality isn't the highest, but every year teams reach up for one. Maybe teams just prefer tanking and waiting for next year's class.  I've got to think that we'll see someone move up for Haskins.

This Ed Oliver stuff feels smokescreen-ish. Not convinced at all that Oliver goes in the top-6.

I keep thinking that 3rd overall was a misprint, and they meant 3rd round. Otherwise 0% chance anyone is trading for Clark. Chiefs only got a 2020 2nd for Ford, and he's better than Clark. 

Williams just feels like a better player than Allen. I like both, but having Henry Anderson, isn't stopping me from adding the better player.

I think you are dreaming a bit in that scenario. If the Cards don't draft Murray, they are trading the pick to someone who will. I can't imagine they(or any team) think Bosa is worth passing up multiple 1st rounders., especially if they can stay in the top-10. 

Obviously people are trying to make a big deal out of Bell missing voluntary workouts.

Not really sure why. We know what kind of person he is. The sooner everyone accepts that and just acknowledges that the only thing that matters is that he's producing on the field (and not getting in trouble off of it) the better off we'll all be. He's going to be really hard to root for, but it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread