What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (11 Viewers)

Starting to feel some Optimism and a ground swelling of "We're not Getting Josh Allen" In Jets world......

Of course that could just be setting me up for the inevitable.......... 
Gotta admit he looked the part in the pro day I watched....huge build/arm, sounded like a great personality, hard worker.....very unfair to compare him to Hack but I just cant help but see the comparison.....im hoping for Rosen (dont think Darnold will be there) but if they miss out on him I could live with either Mayfield (who has own "short" comings) or Allen....just gotta hope it turns out better.  

Starting to feel some Optimism and a ground swelling of "We're not Getting Josh Allen" In Jets world......

Of course that could just be setting me up for the inevitable.......... 
I've had this feeling for several weeks that we're getting Allen.  Maybe it's just indigestion.  I prefer Rosen, but I won't cry if it's Allen. I think he's got talent. It's the completion percentage that's a major concern. A serious concern.

NYRAGE said:
I've had this feeling for several weeks that we're getting Allen.  Maybe it's just indigestion.  I prefer Rosen, but I won't cry if it's Allen. I think he's got talent. It's the completion percentage that's a major concern. A serious concern.
I am settling on Rosen as my realistic favorite (I just assume Darnold will be gone), but while the injuries scare me, it is not his body, but his brain.  I don't like a guy at 21-22 getting two concussions in one year.  It's not like we have an incredible line, so he is going to get hit, and hit often.  I can see this being a situation where he plays well, but is out a ton due to concussions.

QB - When Chad Pennington is the best QB developed in 30 yrs thats a huge problem. 
This may not be the thread for this, but since it was this post that got my thinking about it, I'll leave it here. 

How many teams have developed an actual franchise QB in the last 30 years?

Arizona(nobody) Atlanta(Ryan, maybe Vick) Baltimore(Flacco) Buffalo(nobody since Kelly who was already in place) Carolina(Newton) Chicago(nobody) Cincinnati(Esiason, Palmer, maybe Dalton) Cleveland(nobody) Dallas(Aikman, Romo, maybe Prescott) Denver(nobody, Elway was in place, Manning was a FA pickup) Detroit(Stafford) Green Bay(Favre, Rodgers) Houston(maybe Schaub, though he was in year 4 when they got him) Indianapolis(Manning, Luck) Jacksonville(Brunell, though he was in year 3 when they got him) Kansas City(nobody, traded for Green and Smith) Chargers(Rivers, maybe Brees?) Rams(Warner, Bulger, maybe Everett, maybe Goff) Dolphins(nobody, Marino was already in place) Vikings(Culpepper) Patriots(Bledsoe, Brady) Saints(does Brees count, he was in year 6 when they got him? maybe Brooks?) Giants(Eli, maybe Collins?) Jets(maybe Pennington) Raiders(maybe Carr) Eagles(McNabb, Wentz) Steelers(Roethlisberger) 49ers(Young, Garcia) Seahawks(Wilson, would Hasselbeck count?) Tampa(nobody) Tennesee(McNair) Washington(maybe Cousins)

Jets are certainly on the lower end, but I'm seeing a lot of teams who acquired a known QB who had more success with them than elsewhere, or its been over 30 years since they got a new guy high end starter.  Also, some teams just seem to be good at development, or had systems(whether it be coaching, or supporting cast) that could plug in lesser players and be successful.

I'm a Bears fan, and would have gladly traded QB's with the Jets over the last 30 years. I imagine some other fans would with their teams as well.

This may not be the thread for this, but since it was this post that got my thinking about it, I'll leave it here. 

Arizona(nobody) Atlanta(Ryan, maybe Vick) Baltimore(Flacco) Buffalo(nobody since Kelly who was already in place) Carolina(Newton) Chicago(nobody) Cincinnati(Esiason, Palmer, maybe Dalton) Cleveland(nobody) Dallas(Aikman, Romo, maybe Prescott) Denver(nobody, Elway was in place, Manning was a FA pickup) Detroit(Stafford) Green Bay(Favre, Rodgers) Houston(maybe Schaub, though he was in year 4 when they got him) Indianapolis(Manning, Luck) Jacksonville(Brunell, though he was in year 3 when they got him) Kansas City(nobody, traded for Green and Smith) Chargers(Rivers, maybe Brees?) Rams(Warner, Bulger, maybe Everett, maybe Goff) Dolphins(nobody, Marino was already in place) Vikings(Culpepper) Patriots(Bledsoe, Brady) Saints(does Brees count, he was in year 6 when they got him? maybe Brooks?) Giants(Eli, maybe Collins?) Jets(maybe Pennington) Raiders(maybe Carr) Eagles(McNabb, Wentz) Steelers(Roethlisberger) 49ers(Young, Garcia) Seahawks(Wilson, would Hasselbeck count?) Tampa(nobody) Tennesee(McNair) Washington(maybe Cousins)

Jets are certainly on the lower end, but I'm seeing a lot of teams who acquired a known QB who had more success with them than elsewhere, or its been over 30 years since they got a new guy high end starter.  Also, some teams just seem to be good at development, or had systems(whether it be coaching, or supporting cast) that could plug in lesser players and be successful.

I'm a Bears fan, and would have gladly traded QB's with the Jets over the last 30 years. I imagine some other fans would with their teams as well.
You can have em for the 85 SB  :shrug:

Jets signed Rawls. Let's see if he can even stay healthy through mini-camp.

The Raiders cut their all-pro punter King. We should be in on that guy.

Jets signed Rawls. Let's see if he can even stay healthy through mini-camp.

The Raiders cut their all-pro punter King. We should be in on that guy.
While there’s nothing wrong with taking a look, I have doubts Rawls even makes the team. His injuries really took their toll.

The loss of the two 2's cost them some rb depth, they need to sign these guys and see who is still standing at the end of camp...
True although they can still grab a good one in the early third. It will be curious to see if they drop down a few spots for another pick.  Good rbs can still be had in the early third unless they plan on going with a position like TE.

NYRAGE said:
True although they can still grab a good one in the early third. It will be curious to see if they drop down a few spots for another pick.  Good rbs can still be had in the early third unless they plan on going with a position like TE.
They could possibly trade Powell for a mid to late-round pick as well, which of course would open a further hole at RB but with Powell being 30, they may opt to get younger at the position. Rawls is worth a flier but it's likely he doesn't end up making the team but Crowell, McGuire and a couple of rookies should be adequate - there's a ton of decent vets still out there as well.

I'm not sure what the plan is at TE - a third round or lower rookie is unlikely going to step in and contribute as a rookie. Hopefully Leggette turns into something. The rest of the guys on the roster are JAGs at best.

They could possibly trade Powell for a mid to late-round pick as well, which of course would open a further hole at RB but with Powell being 30, they may opt to get younger at the position. Rawls is worth a flier but it's likely he doesn't end up making the team but Crowell, McGuire and a couple of rookies should be adequate - there's a ton of decent vets still out there as well.

I'm not sure what the plan is at TE - a third round or lower rookie is unlikely going to step in and contribute as a rookie. Hopefully Leggette turns into something. The rest of the guys on the roster are JAGs at best.
It sure seems they are not high on Powell.....if he is traded it would likely be for a late rd pick to shed the contract

Im hearing that they are very high on Leggette....uber risky after being hurt all of last yr....maybe they play Enuwa in that type of TE route role like they would do before he was hurt.  

Likely pre-draft smoke screen but an I would be happy if this is how it played out!

MMQB's Peter King was told by a "friend of Cleveland GM John Dorsey" the Browns will select Wyoming QB Josh Allen with the No. 1 overall pick

Jets claimed TE Clive Walford off waivers. I've seen flashes from him and liked him coming out of Miami but he's underachieved and no sure bet. TEs take a while to become productive in the NFL sometimes, so let's hope the Jets found a diamond in the rough.

Jets claimed TE Clive Walford off waivers. I've seen flashes from him and liked him coming out of Miami but he's underachieved and no sure bet. TEs take a while to become productive in the NFL sometimes, so let's hope the Jets found a diamond in the rough.
He had a good season in 2016. Not sure what happened last year other than the Cook signing.

He had a good season in 2016. Not sure what happened last year other than the Cook signing.
Decent move.  We lost some picks, so better to see what we can get in FA/WW (especially at TE) and punt in the draft on the position for 2018.  I've been a little concerned we have too many needs and not enough impact/high picks since moving up.  

This may be splitting hairs, but I don't think there is a huge difference between developing your own pick, and having someone who you pick up as an FA and gives you 5+ quality years at the position.  The Jets (like your Bears) have had a couple of "one and done" years (meaning one good year and rest suck) with guys like Vinny, Fitz, McCown, Sanchez, and Cutler, Rex, Miller, Kramer for you all etc.  But they have never had someone who can string anything more than a year of consistency.  I know KC has not drafted well, but they certainly have not been devoid of solid QB play over the last 30 years.  Teams like the Jets, Bears and Brown have.  And honestly, there are not many more teams I would place in that category.  This ties well into the overall thread, because as a Jets fan, I did not like what it cost us to move up, but having experienced how QB is king (as someone who has never had a consistent one on his team in my lifetime), you must do all you can to get one.

This may be splitting hairs, but I don't think there is a huge difference between developing your own pick, and having someone who you pick up as an FA and gives you 5+ quality years at the position.  The Jets (like your Bears) have had a couple of "one and done" years (meaning one good year and rest suck) with guys like Vinny, Fitz, McCown, Sanchez, and Cutler, Rex, Miller, Kramer for you all etc.  But they have never had someone who can string anything more than a year of consistency.  I know KC has not drafted well, but they certainly have not been devoid of solid QB play over the last 30 years.  Teams like the Jets, Bears and Brown have.  And honestly, there are not many more teams I would place in that category.  This ties well into the overall thread, because as a Jets fan, I did not like what it cost us to move up, but having experienced how QB is king (as someone who has never had a consistent one on his team in my lifetime), you must do all you can to get one.
great post and totally agree....Alex Smith/Kurt Warner gave over 5 yrs in a row of solid QB play....maybe they werent drafted by that team but that is consistent development/maintaining solid QB play for a long period of time....Since the Kenny O days you are looking at very few QBs that last more than a season but out of those few - 

Vinny - 5 seasons - 1 good year

Chad - 8 yrs - 1 good yr (bit skewed as he really only started 5)

Favre - 1 mediocre season and done

Sanchez - 4 yrs - 1 decent

Geno - awful

Fitz - 2 yrs - 1 good one awful

McCown - 1 good - 2d TBD

The above is stemming from 30 yrs - Vinny was 20 yrs ago and Kenny O put 2 solid season back to back 1985 and 1986 which is going back 30 yrs....QBs between that and Vinnys good season are such notables as Browning Nagle, Boomer, Neil O'Donnel, Glen Foley - awful

So that is 5 good QB seasons in 20 yrs....and 7 in 30 yrs....and when I say good seasons we are stretching some....

Why is this interesting - besides showing how awful the past has been with the Jets - it does show how teams like KC/AZ were solid contenders for yrs having a solid but not top 5 franchise QB leading them....heck the Jets made 2 back to back AFCCG with a very shaky Sanchez.....so whoever they draft, they dont have to be the next Favre, Rodgers, Brady - just develop into a solid steady top 15 QB and it gives them a chance to get to the Super Bowl.  

They have a solid base....lots of cap room and will have a cost controlled QB for 5 yrs...besides coaching this team is set to make a move in the AFC East by 2019....so my point is no need to go for huge upside guy with low floor like Allen/Baker....Id much rather go Rosen who may not be top 5 but should easily give steady top 15 production with upside to be better....really hoping he is the one!  

great post and totally agree....Alex Smith/Kurt Warner gave over 5 yrs in a row of solid QB play....maybe they werent drafted by that team but that is consistent development/maintaining solid QB play for a long period of time....Since the Kenny O days you are looking at very few QBs that last more than a season but out of those few - 

Vinny - 5 seasons - 1 good year

Chad - 8 yrs - 1 good yr (bit skewed as he really only started 5)

Favre - 1 mediocre season and done

Sanchez - 4 yrs - 1 decent

Geno - awful

Fitz - 2 yrs - 1 good one awful

McCown - 1 good - 2d TBD

The above is stemming from 30 yrs - Vinny was 20 yrs ago and Kenny O put 2 solid season back to back 1985 and 1986 which is going back 30 yrs....QBs between that and Vinnys good season are such notables as Browning Nagle, Boomer, Neil O'Donnel, Glen Foley - awful

So that is 5 good QB seasons in 20 yrs....and 7 in 30 yrs....and when I say good seasons we are stretching some....

Why is this interesting - besides showing how awful the past has been with the Jets - it does show how teams like KC/AZ were solid contenders for yrs having a solid but not top 5 franchise QB leading them....heck the Jets made 2 back to back AFCCG with a very shaky Sanchez.....so whoever they draft, they dont have to be the next Favre, Rodgers, Brady - just develop into a solid steady top 15 QB and it gives them a chance to get to the Super Bowl.  

They have a solid base....lots of cap room and will have a cost controlled QB for 5 yrs...besides coaching this team is set to make a move in the AFC East by 2019....so my point is no need to go for huge upside guy with low floor like Allen/Baker....Id much rather go Rosen who may not be top 5 but should easily give steady top 15 production with upside to be better....really hoping he is the one!  
If you look closely at the Simpsons going to NYC -- and I'm not kidding about this -- an anonymous animator had "Can You Play Quarterback? Call 1-888-NYC-JETS" advert put on the subway ride the Simpsons take. This was during Browning Nagle. No lie.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Robby Anderson - WR - Jets

Andy Slater of WINZ reports felony charges against Robby Anderson have been dropped.

Arrested for an incident in January, Anderson was originally charged with harm to a public servant/family, reckless driving, eluding police, and resisting arrest. All but the misdemeanor reckless driving charge were dropped because of "insufficient evidence." It is a fantastic development for Anderson, but it does not change the fact he has had two run-ins with the law in as many offseasons. He needs to stay on the straight and narrow moving forward.

Jets signed C Travis Swanson, formerly of the Lions.

The Jets and Lions have officially completed their center swap after Wesley Johnson signed with Detroit last week. Swanson is probably the better player of the two, but concussion issues have ended each of his last two seasons. He should serve as depth behind fellow new signing Spencer Long.

just because the felony was dropped doesnt mean he wont be suspended....maybe a lesser one but expecting at least 2 games
And he is still a knucklehead. As much as I like the player, why would we invest money on a contract to re-sign him? I think the hope is Pryor plays well and replaces Anderson.

And he is still a knucklehead. As much as I like the player, why would we invest money on a contract to re-sign him? I think the hope is Pryor plays well and replaces Anderson.
Part of me says just cut bait and release the guy - but he was so impressive last season and normally as an UDFA he'd be a guy you really want to pull for. But of course like you said he's a knucklehead.

Dr. Octopus said:
Part of me says just cut bait and release the guy - but he was so impressive last season and normally as an UDFA he'd be a guy you really want to pull for. But of course like you said he's a knucklehead.
It will be difficult to offer him any guaranteed money.

So, we signed another TE, Bucky Hodges, a 6th round pick by Minn that got hurt in the last preseason game and cut.

Odds that the Pats jump up to #2 and snake the Qb the Jets want? I'd say roughly 73%
I feel the opposite. How often to they trade up? I can only remember one time they traded up to get a third round pick from Detroit. I'm sure there are more, but can you really see them giving up a lot to move up? Not me. They are too cocky about finding talent at their spot.

If anything, it puts more pressure on Buffalo to move up and probably Miami & Arizona. I could see NE taking a linemen with their pick, a developmental QB, and maybe a WR or TE with their picks.

It will be difficult to offer him any guaranteed money.

So, we signed another TE, Bucky Hodges, a 6th round pick by Minn that got hurt in the last preseason game and cut.
At least they are taking fliers on some TEs - they could get lucky and find a hidden gem. Hodges had some believers during the draft process.

How dare we fall to the third page! Jonhathan Hankins is visiting us today. This would be a good signing. He's a great run-stopping DT.

Jackson is the one that Really intrigues me.... The guy Miami or Buffalo might just have fall in their laps....

The guy nobody will want to face.... The guy that you could probably have drafted AND had 3 more 2nd rounders..

Interesting now.... Matt Waldman's Scouting profile is out and he has Jackson at 2......

Rosen-Jackson-Darnold

on a Tier above the rest....

"Jackson might be the best pocket passer in this draft.
Isn’t that an ironic statement considering that he’s also
the best runner at the position? Jackson is a rare player
with a rare combination of skills. If he gets the
opportunity he deserves, he has the talent to become an
NFL superstar."

Interesting now.... Matt Waldman's Scouting profile is out and he has Jackson at 2......

Rosen-Jackson-Darnold

NFL superstar."
Funny, you do not even really hear Jackson linked to a team like the others (Darnold with Browns/Giants, for example).  Apparently, his mother is representing him, and a team has placed seven calls to set something up and has yet to hear back.  I understand there is a perception that agents are scum, etc., however, a first rounder would recoup the agent fee by just moving up one slot in the draft.  They do more than negotiate a contract, and I think Jackson is going to learn it the hard way.  A lot of analysts think he is good, yet I don't think I have seen one scenario where he cracks the top 10.  

Rosen-Jackson-Darnold

NFL superstar."
He's not my top choice, but it would be far from shocking if Jackson ends up being the best QB in the draft.

I was not a fan of moving up, prior to the Jets doing so, as I always thought a QB would fall to them at 6, but I do understand it and if it does work out we all will surely forget about those three second round picks.

I'm hoping for Rosen at 1.03 but will be fine with Mayfield. It will be very interesting if all three non-New England teams end up with a QB in Round 1 this year.

He's not my top choice, but it would be far from shocking if Jackson ends up being the best QB in the draft.

I was not a fan of moving up, prior to the Jets doing so, as I always thought a QB would fall to them at 6, but I do understand it and if it does work out we all will surely forget about those three second round picks.

I'm hoping for Rosen at 1.03 but will be fine with Mayfield. It will be very interesting if all three non-New England teams end up with a QB in Round 1 this year.

My nightmare, till this is all over will be Miami or Buff drafting Jackson and he's the Star of the NFL thru the age I'm in a retirement community....lol

Granted both QB's will need a system that works for them but, Mayfield's stats that ppl drool over are just like Geno's in that same system - I so wanted the Jets to absorb what Geno did well and talk to those coaches and utilize what he did well, while sitting a year.... It's gonna be the same deal...I kinda remember some Jets brass quote mocking and laughing about talking to Dan Holgorsen about their offense....

Gun to my head, I take Jackson >> Mayfield

My nightmare, till this is all over will be Miami or Buff drafting Jackson and he's the Star of the NFL thru the age I'm in a retirement community....lol

Granted both QB's will need a system that works for them but, Mayfield's stats that ppl drool over are just like Geno's in that same system - I so wanted the Jets to absorb what Geno did well and talk to those coaches and utilize what he did well, while sitting a year.... It's gonna be the same deal...I kinda remember some Jets brass quote mocking and laughing about talking to Dan Holgorsen about their offense....

I'm basing it off of watching Mayfield (although admittedly not extensively, and also admitting I'm no scout) but I don't think he's a system guy. He's deadly accurate, mobile, can make all the throws and while this isn't scientific I like his "moxie" and leadership. I'm sure though many could have said the same thing about Geno, so I get your point.

What I don't like about Jackson is that he's not accurate and with his slight build, I'd worry about him getting banged up if he takes off running constantly. What I do like about him is that he has a strong arm, also seems like a great leader and he would add tremendous excitement and playmaking ability. The Jets could surely use those things. 

I do have some concerns about him going to Miami to be honest.

I like Rosen the best because I think he's the complete package. He just looks like an NFL QB on film and in the handful of game I watched. I think that maybe his ceiling isn't as high as Mayfield's or Jacksons but I think his floor is much higher. I think at worst he's a Troy Aikman type (not saying he's a Hall of Famer of course, just a steady productive but not flashy leader).

For me,

1) Rosen

2) Darnold

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Allen: scares me with our coaching staff, but I'm intrigued.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Mayfield

The rest don't warrant a top pick

It will be interesting, because I think there is a decent chance that all four AFC East teams walk away with a first round QB.  One of them (if not 2-3) will hit.  The AFC East over the last 15 years has been the poster-child of what having (and not having) a very good QB means.  As much as I moan as a Jets fan for not having a viable QB in my 44 years of life, any 20+ year-old Bills or Phins fan can make the same complaint.  There is blood in the proverbial AFC East waters, and the sharks are out.   

I don't watch much College so I don't have a strong opinion on the QBs, but the pundits that I have listened to on Jet Podcasts really don't want Josh Allen.... so he scares me, whoever they do get, I will hope for the best...

Minter adds some needed depth at ILB. Charles Johnson is one of a million WRs hoping to make the roster 

Minter adds some needed depth at ILB. Charles Johnson is one of a million WRs hoping to make the roster 
Decent signing on Minter. You never know on Johnson but I'm not expecting him to make the team. He has shown flashes in the past though,

Liking the depth signings as well - cheap, no commitment players with upside...I view them as equivalent to mid/late rd picks so Im a fan.

a little over 2 weeks to go to the big day - Im tired of all the smoke screens....Ive made my peace with all 4 of the QB possibilities....I have my preferences but all have shown enough that they should be the best young QB the Jets have had in decades.  Each bring positives as well as negatives.  I dont have faith in Bowles developing but the combo of Bates, MCCown and Bridgewater should be enough to develop the rook whoever it is.  

After the big reveal at QB there will be a bit of a letdown with no picks until 3rd rd.  Hoping Mac goes OL or TE but it will likely be BPA.  Havent loved MAc's mid rd picks since he arrived.

Cap space - looks like rest of signings will be of a minimum variety unless a surprise is cut - after rookie pool of around $10M they should have about $15M left.  Nice cushion for the season and figure they roll over around $10M to next yr - 

2019 cap space right now is a huge $103M - add $10M rollover and $15M for likely cuts of Beachum/Winters and looking at almost $130M in cap space with only Leo to lock up long term expensive.  MAc has done a great job positioning this team for a run - they add a legit QB and when the sun sets on the Pats they will be in a prime position for a nice run.  

a little over 2 weeks to go to the big day - Im tired of all the smoke screens....Ive made my peace with all 4 of the QB possibilities....I have my preferences but all have shown enough that they should be the best young QB the Jets have had in decades.  Each bring positives as well as negatives. 
This is where I am too - either could be the best guy. I'll be happy however the chips fall. And it might be a situation where 2 or 3 turn out to be really good. 

Liking the depth signings as well - cheap, no commitment players with upside...I view them as equivalent to mid/late rd picks so Im a fan.

a little over 2 weeks to go to the big day - Im tired of all the smoke screens....Ive made my peace with all 4 of the QB possibilities....I have my preferences but all have shown enough that they should be the best young QB the Jets have had in decades.  Each bring positives as well as negatives.  I dont have faith in Bowles developing but the combo of Bates, MCCown and Bridgewater should be enough to develop the rook whoever it is.  

After the big reveal at QB there will be a bit of a letdown with no picks until 3rd rd.  Hoping Mac goes OL or TE but it will likely be BPA.  Havent loved MAc's mid rd picks since he arrived.

Cap space - looks like rest of signings will be of a minimum variety unless a surprise is cut - after rookie pool of around $10M they should have about $15M left.  Nice cushion for the season and figure they roll over around $10M to next yr - 

2019 cap space right now is a huge $103M - add $10M rollover and $15M for likely cuts of Beachum/Winters and looking at almost $130M in cap space with only Leo to lock up long term expensive.  MAc has done a great job positioning this team for a run - they add a legit QB and when the sun sets on the Pats they will be in a prime position for a nice run.  
I was thinking the same thing last night. Not having a second round pick (much less two) kind of sucks. I usually do a ton of research on the top 50-60 players, but not this year. It's just the top QBs for us.

As far as the QBs, I agree with you and have previously stated that any of the top 4 QBs will be a major upgrade in talent. I'll take any of them.  I guess I have a bias against Mayfield's size and prefer him the least.  He would have to be pretty damn great to be another Brees or Wilson. Not too many of those in the history of the NFL.  Lots of big strong armed QBs have failed, too. I acknowledge that, but I think not having size is a major problem.  It's hard to see over that line. Not to mention that Mayfield didn't play in a pro offense. That's another strike.  While he's brash and confident, he also seems immature to me. Another strike.  That said, I don't watch college football nearly as much as the pros, so what do I know.

I feel the opposite. How often to they trade up? I can only remember one time they traded up to get a third round pick from Detroit. I'm sure there are more, but can you really see them giving up a lot to move up? Not me. They are too cocky about finding talent at their spot.

If anything, it puts more pressure on Buffalo to move up and probably Miami & Arizona. I could see NE taking a linemen with their pick, a developmental QB, and maybe a WR or TE with their picks.
It's the perfect time to do it when the other teams in your division need QB's and have already spent draft capital to move up. 

Jets exercised DE Leonard Williams' 2019 fifth-year option.

No-brainer. The No. 6 overall pick in the 2015 draft, Williams has outlasted Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson in New York and is the centerpiece of the Jets' defense. Williams was Pro Football Focus' No. 10-ranked 3-4 end last season, grading out well above average in both the run and pass games. He has 12 sacks through three seasons and should land a big extension.

Less than 2 weeks before the draft and there is no consensus top 3. Not even the top pick is known yet outside of Cleveland's war room. It's going to be a crazy draft.

God Rich Cimini is such a complete D-bag.  His mock draft has the bills trading up to 2 to take Rosen while the jets take Mayfield. Meanwhile, Allen falls all the way to 8.

Its so obvious that his entire strategy as a beat writer is just to say/ report things that will piss off the fan base and get them all riled up. I really do hate him

If we actually do take Mayfield after a freaking trade up, I'm pretty sure I'm done with this team.

Last edited by a moderator:
TLEF316 said:
God Rich Cimini is such a complete D-bag.  His mock draft has the bills trading up to 2 to take Rosen while the jets take Mayfield. Meanwhile, Allen falls all the way to 8.

Its so obvious that his entire strategy as a beat writer is just to say/ report things that will piss off the fan base and get them all riled up. I really do hate him

If we actually do take Mayfield after a freaking trade up, I'm pretty sure I'm done with this team.
I know him. He is a b-bag even without his acerbic writing style and constant attempts to jab us.

That said, the story on the street is that we are hot for Mayfield. I hope it's a ruse and we go for Rosen.

Users who are viewing this thread