What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anthony Miller WR Houston Texans (1 Viewer)

last year it's a shoulder injury. this year it's an ankle. just seems like excuse after excuse

at what point do you say enough already...

Guys are ready to call Corey Davis a bust but are hanging onto hope here (Miller is older than Davis)

Last edited by a moderator:
With Trubisky at QB it doesn't matter if he is on or off the field.  
That would seem to be the case. Unless something changes, Chicago fans are now back to celebrating 1st downs and dreading passes down the field.

It was pretty shocking to see Nagy that reliant on the running game. I don't recall him being that committed at any point in his first season.

I sold on Trubisky and Miller week 1 last season and glad I did. I don't see these guys becoming stars.

last year it's a shoulder injury. this year it's an ankle. just seems like excuse after excuse

at what point do you say enough already...

Guys are ready to call Corey Davis a bust but are hanging onto hope here (Miller is older than Davis)
I'm going to wait slightly longer than 18 games into his professional career.  It just seems like you are trying to find reasons to throw him away.
You may be right to do so, but what would you realistically get back for him today?  Certainly not what you paid, and he's not so worthless as to throw away for the roster opening.

I'm going to wait slightly longer than 18 games into his professional career.  It just seems like you are trying to find reasons to throw him away.
You may be right to do so, but what would you realistically get back for him today?  Certainly not what you paid, and he's not so worthless as to throw away for the roster opening.
no, just tryi g to be realistic. the excuses are piling up

no, just tryi g to be realistic. the excuses are piling up
Agreed. We are seeing accelerated timelines for WRs all over the league and this guy has been slow to get off the blocks (for whatever reason).  He's on my list of guys to inquire about if he can be had cheaply, but I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to acquire him right now.

Sitting alone at the end of the bench waiting for me to give him his walking papers. His QB is garbage as is his HC. When you add in injuries, it could be time to move on.

Is he a buy very low in dynasty?
Depends if you think he'll unseat Gabriel in the foreseeable future. Gabriel is 28 and has 2 years left on his contract. They only lose $2M to dead cap if they cut him next year, but his cap hit is a fairly reasonable $6.5M (Adam Humphries is getting $9M/year and Cole Beasley is getting almost $8M, so $6.5M actually will look cheap in 2020). Anthony Miller is 25 right now. He's flashed a little bit, but I wouldn't pay more than a 3rd. His main value at this point is as a Robinson injury handcuff.

Wims is Robinson’s backup and they’ve been collaborating all during OTAs & training camp.  Miller & Cohen are sharing the slot role.  Ridley is Gabriel’s backup but since Ridley has been a healthy scratch, Miller is indeed Gabriel’s backup.

It doesn’t look good for Miller until Trubisky starts targeting him, then Nagy might start feeling comfortable with elevating his role/touches.

Anthony Miller caught 6-of-11 targets for 54 yards in Week 11 against the Rams.

With Allen Robinson drawing most of the defensive attention, Miller saw his highest target share of the season. This was one of his better performances after getting held to one catch the last two games. Miller hasn’t taken the second year leap that many expected. It's been a major step back through the first 11 weeks.

He was wide open to start the game for a 80+ yd score but Trubisky couldn’t lift it over the beat DB. 

7/134/1 and the convo is different

offense is terrible. Miller tough to evaluate 

its time for ryan nagy to drop the reins and finally let mitch tromboski lead the offense and throw it around like the gunslinger he is once he starts doing that and they give up on the run once and for all its miller time take that to the bank bromigos

Babooya said:
He was wide open to start the game for a 80+ yd score but Trubisky couldn’t lift it over the beat DB. 

7/134/1 and the convo is different

offense is terrible. Miller tough to evaluate 
Trubisky is bad.   I don't know that he will ever be a decent QB.  

Now is the time to strike. I am giving him a run against Detroit tomorrow with all the injuries to Bears pass catchers. I expect 7-10 targets. 
I'm with you. Think gonna start him over iffy TY and chasing points with AJ. 

Miller just seems like the type of WR that will carve up a Patricia D. I'm in a win-and-in game so can't #### about and get cute but I think he's the call. 

I'm with you. Think gonna start him over iffy TY and chasing points with AJ. 

Miller just seems like the type of WR that will carve up a Patricia D. I'm in a win-and-in game so can't #### about and get cute but I think he's the call. 
Doubt I can start him this week but he's on my add list.   He's getting targets lately.  

good game so far today, will be his 5th solid game in 7 outings.  Could be a nice sleeper going into next year

Dang. Kept Hilton in and by time he was ruled out game had started. 🤦‍♂️

Congrats to those who played him. Didn't get to see did he look good?

It is also very odd statistically that he already has more yards and receptions than last year but no touchdowns (despite have 7! in 2018)

Picked him up this morning and started him. Finally got something right this year  

He looked good.  Almost  had a TD. Would have put the icing on the cake. 

If he can clean up his mistakes, this guy is going to be a star. Very explosive and gets the offense going. Too bad his qb sucks. 

Was really considering this, even before ilov80s, but I just didn't trust Trubisky enough nor the Slay/Robinson factor (who also had a good game besides for one drop that would have put him at 21 .5 PPR) to pull the trigger. Congrats. 

I think Miller has a high ceiling, but his injury history and the Robiinson and Trubisky facor lessen his value no matter what he does on the field right now.  I believe that if Miller was in a better situation he would have flourished a lot earlier, but injuries have played a role too.  He came out of college with that albatross on his back and while not as much of a  problem now, it still lurks over his shoulder.  One cannot ignore the other factors I mentioned when it comes to Miller.  This is why I argue with people in this forum over situation and injury history over draft prospects.  A lot of dynasty players put 90% of their evaluation on the player's talent always winning out in the end, regardless of situation, and in Miller's case, both situation and injuries.  I have Miller in a lot of my dynasty leagues and have shown patience, but these things I mention about Miller leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I think Miller has a high ceiling, but his injury history and the Robiinson and Trubisky facor lessen his value no matter what he does on the field right now.  I believe that if Miller was in a better situation he would have flourished a lot earlier, but injuries have played a role too.  He came out of college with that albatross on his back and while not as much of a  problem now, it still lurks over his shoulder.  One cannot ignore the other factors I mentioned when it comes to Miller.  This is why I argue with people in this forum over situation and injury history over draft prospects.  A lot of dynasty players put 90% of their evaluation on the player's talent always winning out in the end, regardless of situation, and in Miller's case, both situation and injuries.  I have Miller in a lot of my dynasty leagues and have shown patience, but these things I mention about Miller leave a bad taste in my mouth.
I looked up his injury history and it does not appear to be concerning. Jones fracture seems to me the most damning, but his shoulder issue was corrected last offseason

Gabriel was also out this week which he's been drawing more targets per week than Miller.

Causing Miller's been to inconsistent to put into a line-up...

I looked up his injury history and it does not appear to be concerning. Jones fracture seems to me the most damning, but his shoulder issue was corrected last offseason
I'm hoping this is true, but there are more factors with regards to Miller than just injury history, thus the reason why I mentioned them above.

Gabriel was also out this week which he's been drawing more targets per week than Miller.

Causing Miller's been to inconsistent to put into a line-up...
I don't think Gabriel is a long term concern with Miller.  I do however think Mitchell Trubisky and Robinson are.

I'm hoping this is true, but there are more factors with regards to Miller than just injury history, thus the reason why I mentioned them above.
My takeaway was that injuries were your primary concern. You mentioned it three times during that screed. 

My takeaway was that injuries were your primary concern. You mentioned it three times during that screed. 
Well, it wasn't.  I am equally concerned about Miller for all the reasons I mentioned.  Now, I wouldn't go out and trade him for a 2nd rd rookie pick or anything like that, but I would consider trading him for a 1st in non-devy leagues.  I say that because in non-devy leagues a lot of the great players from the 2020 class are already on rosters.  I'm not sure I would trade Miller in a devy league for a late 1st either, especially in a 14 team league.  I have Miller in 4 leagues (one devy and 3 straight up dynasty leagues).

Is Robinson signed long term?  I really don’t see him as an impediment. 
I see Trubisky as the #1 overall factor, with Robinson 2nd.  Robinson 3/13/2018: Signed a three-year, $42 million contract. The deal includes $25 million in guarantees.  He will be a restricted free agent 2021.  I don't see them cutting him to recoup some of that, nor do I see another team trading for him.

Well, it wasn't.  I am equally concerned about Miller for all the reasons I mentioned.  Now, I wouldn't go out and trade him for a 2nd rd rookie pick or anything like that, but I would consider trading him for a 1st in non-devy leagues.  I say that because in non-devy leagues a lot of the great players from the 2020 class are already on rosters.  I'm not sure I would trade Miller in a devy league for a late 1st either, especially in a 14 team league.  I have Miller in 4 leagues (one devy and 3 straight up dynasty leagues).
You would consider taking a first? 

I'd dump him immediately for any first, or an early 2020 2nd would probably make me injure my finger clicking accept. 

I totally agree with the QB and other WR competition factor limiting Miller.  He's also old for a 2nd year player so he's making my roster unsexy, can't have that :)

Miller is the future of the Bears and is emerging in his 2nd season. Robinson is still the guy and will get extended this year, but Miller is the exact type of young WR you want to keep on your roster. Will continue to have a bigger role each year. Can see him becoming a very solid high end #2 guy. 

Miller is the future of the Bears and is emerging in his 2nd season. Robinson is still the guy and will get extended this year, but Miller is the exact type of young WR you want to keep on your roster. Will continue to have a bigger role each year. Can see him becoming a very solid high end #2 guy. 
What QB is going to support 2 passing game options though?  Miller isn't that young, he's only a year younger than ARob. 

I like Miller, but the situation is bad and doesn't seem likely to get much better in the short term. 

Miller is part of the future but I can't imagine that he is the future.  He is a nice second WR on a team that has challenges with coaching and QB.   

Users who are viewing this thread