What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuart Ullman said:
I don't have an extended history paying attention in the NBA offseason, but is talk like this legitimate?

I've heard about QBs revamping their throwing motion and it never amounts to anything. Can you really "learn a new shooting motion" over one off-season?
It's definitely doable.  Just need new muscle memory.  Like tweaking a golf swing with less moving parts.

As I always say with these comparasions...if you are going to put him in that era just make sure he is does not have a personal trainer, eats fried food twice a day, drinks daily and potentially dabbles in blow...you just can’t take today’s athletic freaks that have been treated like cyborgs since they were 12 and put that model in past eras...
Just keep in mind that in this era his opponents are athletic freaks that have been treated like cyborgs since they were 12.

I saw the comp for Doncic was Hedo. Actually made me laugh out loud. 
What do u have against Luka?

I'm getting a tattoo on my left ### cheek if we get him. (Already have Penny on the right)

He is going to be a player. As will Hezonja, just not in Orlando.

Jayrod said:
This is fishing, right?  

He was dominant for several years.  The end has been ugly, but he was a force when healthy and motivated.
No it was a question. He was dominant  for what 5 years? That isn't a hall of famer. Then he was mediocre the rest of his career. 

I kind of compare him with Grant Hill who was dominate with the Pistons and then got hurt and was never the same. I think Hill was borderline guy as well, but Hill had an amazing college career as well. 

I'm getting a tattoo on my left ### cheek if we get him. (Already have Penny on the right)

The first thing you read about his is he is “unathletic”. Oh, ok. 

Just keep in mind that in this era his opponents are athletic freaks that have been treated like cyborgs since they were 12.
That is a good point...but if Chief was around now he would be treated as a cyborg...goes both ways which is why I think comparing eras can be very misleading...

No it was a question. He was dominant  for what 5 years? That isn't a hall of famer. Then he was mediocre the rest of his career. 

I kind of compare him with Grant Hill who was dominate with the Pistons and then got hurt and was never the same. I think Hill was borderline guy as well, but Hill had an amazing college career as well. 
You should probably stop.

No kidding. 
I am not asking you to do it, but I would want to see where the Rockets ranked in attempts that year and see how many long 2's they made.

Comparing them to each other isn't the correct way. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Celtics are said to be trying to get the third or fourth pick in tonight's draft, allegedly because they like Bamba (which would make some sense) or Doncic (which would give them like 47 wing players). Maybe their goal is to play 5 wings on the floor at the same time.

A rich man’s Hedo would be incredibly valuable in today’s league. Hedo was bigger but Doncic seems to have better overall skills. Maybe not a guy who will make 5 all NBA teams, even today, but I don’t see that prospect in this draft either. 

Terrell Davis was dominant for less than 5 years, so I vote him as worst HOF in any sport, ever.

He wasn't just dominant, he was legitimately talked about as the best player in basketball for 5 years.  Sports writers used to have hypothetical arguments about whether they'd start their franchise with Dwight or LeBron.  That's not the worst player in the basketball hall of fame when he used to be at such a level and then sustained an above average level for another 6-7 years after that.

The rest of his career after five years of dominance was way better than Gayle Sayers
I was off on the entire sports hall of fame, but it was a question. I would have to look at others in the basketball hall of fame, but I would put him right there with McGrady and I don't think he should be in. 

I am not asking you to do it, but I would want to see where the Rockets ranked in attempts that year and see how many long 2's they made.

Comparing them to each other isn't the correct way. 
The 94 Rockets led the league in attempts with 1285 compared to a league average of 811.

The following year the league seemed to take notice as the average jumped to 1235.  The Rockets took 1757 and led the league again.

eta---Orlando was second in the league in attempts the year they went to the finals

Nets and Howard working on buyout.  So why didn't Charlotte go this route?

Watch him sign some minimum type contract with GSW.

mSUdaisy you realize the two people you compare him to are actually in the HOF correct?  (Hill/tmac)

Mutombo is actually a pretty good comparison and also HOF

My buddy (played for the UCSB team that beat that stacked UNLV team) has connections and would always talk about how that dude never lifted a weight in his life and ate like ####. 
Did they throw tortillas on the court? :oldunsure:  

Yeah, this makes me feel disgusting simply reading it:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/3/23/15036768/dwight-howard-candy-addiction

Can you imagine if he took his health seriously when he was in his prime?

I never knew that the Magic lured him with a room filled with candy lol

mSUdaisy you realize the two people you compare him to are actually in the HOF correct?  (Hill/tmac)

Mutombo is actually a pretty good comparison and also HOF
Yes, but I also think they are some of the guys that maybe shouldn't be in the hall of fame. Maybe it was the way I phrased it, but worst player in the hall of fame is still a great player. 

Leonard will eventually alert rival teams considering trades for him that his intention is to sign in Los Angeles when he can become a free agent in 2019, league sources said.
Don't stop........BELIIIIIEEEEVIN'.............HOLD ONTO THA FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread