What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated projected win total from CBS Sportsline. LINK

Toronto Raptors 58.4
Boston Celtics 56.4
Philadelphia 76ers 53.7
Indiana Pacers 50.7
Detroit Pistons 41.7
Miami Heat 41.6
Milwaukee Bucks 41.6
Washington Wizards 37.3
Atlanta Hawks 35.4
Brooklyn Nets 33.5
New York Knicks 33.2
Charlotte Hornets 30.6
Orlando Magic 29.3
Cleveland Cavaliers 25.6
Chicago Bulls 19.7

Golden State Warriors 64.7
Houston Rockets 51.8
Los Angeles Lakers 50.9
San Antonio Spurs 49.9
New Orleans Pelicans 46.4
Utah Jazz 46.3
Oklahoma City Thunder 45.9
Portland Trail Blazers 44.1
Denver Nuggets 43.9
Minnesota Timberwolves 43.4
Dallas Mavericks 42.1
Memphis Grizzlies 35.7
Sacramento Kings 29.5
Phoenix Suns 27.6
Los Angeles Clippers 21.1
Bucks are low

I honestly can't wait to watch the Lakers.
I don't think they're getting a fair shake. The team is already better than that heap of garbage Lebron dragged to the Finals last year. That team almost won 1 game, so maybe this team could go 1-4? I like everything they're doing. I see a ton of competent role players who are good at their jobs and improvements over what Cleveland had. Rondo assisting to Lebron is going to create offense that wasn't there in Cleveland last year.

Ball movement in Cleveland was pathetic.

I don't think they're getting a fair shake. The team is already better than that heap of garbage Lebron dragged to the Finals last year. That team almost won 1 game, so maybe this team could go 1-4? I like everything they're doing. I see a ton of competent role players who are good at their jobs and improvements over what Cleveland had. Rondo assisting to Lebron is going to create offense that wasn't there in Cleveland last year.

Ball movement doesn't matter much when helpside guys don't have to leave the blocks and elbows when the ball swings.

That was the King’s offense. My Cavs problem was, they catered to his every demand from player choices to the offense. I have my doubts about TyLu as a coach but we will finally see if he can coach. 

If Walton (who I like a lot!) can get LBJ to run an offense, I will be greatly impressed! 

That was the King’s offense. My Cavs problem was, they catered to his every demand from player choices to the offense. I have my doubts about TyLu as a coach but we will finally see if he can coach. 

If Walton (who I like a lot!) can get LBJ to run an offense, I will be greatly impressed! 
He can run an offense just fine.  HTH

LBJ, Hart, Kuz, Igram + Ball/Rondo/Lance is plenty of shooting for a crunch time lineup. 
KCP and Michael Beasley are also both solid shooters. Both shot at just below 40% from the 3pt line last season.  I don't think shooting will be the biggest problem for the Lakers next season--I worry about their interior defense and rebounding.  I have a hard time trusting McGee lasting 30-35mins per game on a full time role.  If Walton can create defensive schemes (similar to what Stevens has done with the Celts) to where their team defense can overcome being light on a true interior defensive presense--this team could make some noise.

As of this moment right now--if I were to guess how the teams in the Western conference would finish the regular season by record--I'd probably go:  1.GS  2. OKC   3. Rockets   4. Pelicans  5.Lakers. 6. Wolves 7. Jazz 8.  Nuggets.   I don't think there will be too many games separating the 4 and 8 seeds (and possibly all the way through the 10th seed)--so any moderate injuries could jumble the standings.  I do think that Portland and San Antonio are the 9 and 10 spots but they would be in striking distance if one of the teams ahead of them suffers some injuries

If we're making way too early predictions, here's mine.

East

1. Raptors

2. Celtics

3. Sixers

4. Pacers

5. Bucks

6. Pistons

7. Wizards

8. Hornets

West

1. Warriors

2. Rockets

3. Pelicans

4. Lakers

5. Thunder

6. Jazz

7. Nuggets

8. Suns
Spurs should improve from their 7th place finish by adding Derozen, no?  I think the Blazers and Spurs still sneak in the playoffs. 

I'd be blown away if the Suns improved from 21 to the 48ish wins it will probably take to make the playoffs in the west.

Spurs should improve from their 7th place finish by adding Derozen, no?  I think the Blazers and Spurs still sneak in the playoffs. 

I'd be blown away if the Suns improved from 21 to the 48ish wins it will probably take to make the playoffs in the west.
Blazers seem like they've gone as far as they can and know they can't compete. Spurs I feel a down swing from whatever the Kawhi thing was. 

Blazers seem like they've gone as far as they can and know they can't compete. Spurs I feel a down swing from whatever the Kawhi thing was. 
If anyone wants to wager on the Suns winning more games than the Spurs this year, I’m here to take the other side of that. 

If anyone wants to wager on the Suns winning more games than the Spurs this year, I’m here to take the other side of that. 
I do this for entertainment purposes only. Mainly because this is all my speculation based on this moment in time with the way my brain is currently alligned. Tomorrow I may find a fantasy draft board for football and my brain will forget about basketball altogether including any bets that I never intended to follow through on because my convictions in my professional guesses we're not stone cold or led piped in the least.

Maybe they are accounting for uncertainty around Kawhi, but I would put Toronto ahead of the Sixers.

Nuggets at 8 seems a little odd.
They jumped out at me too.   But all teams 8 through 16 seemed like they could fit in one big tier -- teams that are playoff-worthy but have almost zero chance at making it to the finals.

Kevin Love signs 4/$120M extension with CLE  :shock:

This seems irretrievably stupid to me. Runs through his age 34 season :help:
Wow. Why would either side do that. 

I mean I get the money for Love but he’s just done being competitive? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Insein said:
They can compete in the regular season and fared pretty well last year....but they have no shot in the playoffs.  I think the maturation of Zach Collins will be the key to this season.  I certainly don't see them falling behind Phoenix, but who knows.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread