What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumors are flying that the Pistons are very interested in acquiring Butler. I seriously don't know what the T-Wolves would want from that roster, but yes you can have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami heating up for Butler.  I suppose Whiteside/Richardson/Winslow wouldn't be terrible.
Richardson would be a really nice player to add for Butler.  His wing defense, hustle, and ability to spread the court on offense would be a perfect long-term fit around KAT.

that would be sweet. then Butler leaves next year in free agency and that Miami unprotected '20 (might be '21) 1st rounder could be an absolute beauty
Something tells me Miami would be able to resign Butler if they acquire him.  Or they'll find a free agent to fill that open salary spot (on South Beach, with no state inclome tax, and a well-run organization).

@wojespn

Sources: Phoenix did check w/ Minnesota on cost of getting involved on a Jimmy Butler trade, but asking price was far too steep for Suns. So far, there's been no communication on Teague or Dragic in a 3-way, but that could always change if Miami-Minnesota go deeper into talks.
:lol:  

Wolves after looking at the trash on Miami's roster "How about Booker?" :lmao:  Miami has **** to offer to Minnesota outside Richardson. Probably a realistic target considering they've shown their hand already that Butler is getting moved. Miami has so many garbage contracts it's embarrassing and they reportedly don't want to deal Richardson or Bam (with Taj and saddled with Dieng's contract may not even interest Wolves). :lmao:  Which leaves nothing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have started a fantasy league (A Capella) on Yahoo for posters on this thread or interested FFAppers. PM me an addy for an invite.

Once we have a quorum we can start to decide our format - keeper or not, cats, etc. I have the draft tentatively scheduled for the Sunday night before the season begins, 10/14 @ 7:30pm, but that can be changed too if we want to slowdraft it here or the time doesnt work for everyone. Holla me -

as a Sixers fan .... really hoping Miami does not land Butler and hurt the pick value the Sixers acquired
was happy with the team tonight. Yes it is pre-season NBA, but they looked good. Will definitely be a fun team to watch again. Hope Fultz takes a few more jumpers next game, and i am sure he will. I think key is Drew will be with him for pretty much all season. 

Not sure how i feel about rooting for Muscalla, will have to see how that goes. Love all the talk about how the Sixers need shooters, Furkan and and Larry Shamet have gorgeous shots. Doubt both get a ton of playing time this year, but man it is nice having a guy like JJ Reddick on the team that both of those guys can learn from. 

:lol:  

Wolves after looking at the trash on Miami's roster "How about Booker?" :lmao:  Miami has **** to offer to Minnesota outside Richardson. Probably a realistic target considering they've shown their hand already that Butler is getting moved. Miami has so many garbage contracts it's embarrassing and they reportedly don't want to deal Richardson or Bam (with Taj and saddled with Dieng's contract may not even interest Wolves). :lmao:  Which leaves nothing. 
As everyone knows, I don’t know much about basketball but isn’t Winslow any good? Could the Heat involve him in a trade?

As everyone knows, I don’t know much about basketball but isn’t Winslow any good? Could the Heat involve him in a trade?
there might be a good player in there, but it is still a little tough to tell, especially if his shot can't be versatile enough.  and he is on the last year of his deal, so Minnesota would have to decide whether to re-sign him very quickly.  But he could hold some value, I suppose.

I have to say that I was fairly impressed with Elton Brand's temperament and perspective in the Lowe Post episode.  Apparently he was offered Atlanta's assistant GM job right when they were cutting him the middle of the year in 2016.  I hadn't realized that he had been involved in the whole offseason process

That’s cool. Was it where minor league hockey team plays? I saw a game there a few years ago and that place felt like it was right out of 1982. 
Yes - the same building where the concert scenes for Almost Famous were filmed.  It’s an absolute dump.  

shout out to the Supreme Team from Jamaica, Queens

Marcin Gortat has the Jordan Brand's "Jumpman" logo tattooed on his leg; Carmelo Anthony has the Warner Brothers' "WB" logo tattooed on his shoulder (as an homage to his hometown of West Baltimore, Maryland); and Kyrie Irving has the logo for the NBC sitcom "Friends" tattooed on his forearm, to name a few.

the who did what now?
God he really is the worst.

The Lakers. They have a lot of work to do cobbling this collection of players into some kind of cohesive team.

Juan Hernangomez was like some kind of 3 point shooting robot on Sunday.

The Lakers. They have a lot of work to do cobbling this collection of players into some kind of cohesive team.

Juan Hernangomez was like some kind of 3 point shooting robot on Sunday.
I didn't get to watch much of the game on Sunday, but I was a big believer in Hernangomez two seasons ago. He definitely has a nice stroke and I think he has enough perimeter game and lateral mobility defensively to work as a SF.

I have started a fantasy league (A Capella) on Yahoo for posters on this thread or interested FFAppers. PM me an addy for an invite.

Once we have a quorum we can start to decide our format - keeper or not, cats, etc. I have the draft tentatively scheduled for the Sunday night before the season begins, 10/14 @ 7:30pm, but that can be changed too if we want to slowdraft it here or the time doesnt work for everyone. Holla me -
if this is happening I would be in. Can PM later if needed

was happy with the team tonight. Yes it is pre-season NBA, but they looked good. Will definitely be a fun team to watch again. Hope Fultz takes a few more jumpers next game, and i am sure he will. I think key is Drew will be with him for pretty much all season. 

Not sure how i feel about rooting for Muscalla, will have to see how that goes. Love all the talk about how the Sixers need shooters, Furkan and and Larry Shamet have gorgeous shots. Doubt both get a ton of playing time this year, but man it is nice having a guy like JJ Reddick on the team that both of those guys can learn from. 
Shooters looked good last night , and Fultz was not afraid to pull from deep..... all good signs. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread