What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miles Bridges looks really good.
Later in the season, I'm excited for a small ball "Lake Norman 5" lineup to be tearing up the league (Kemba-Monk-Lamb-Batum-Bridges). Swap Batum for Zeller at whatever point in the season Batum gets hurt and/or stops giving a ####.

I cancelled my League Pass this season (mostly because I can't stay up very late, prefer watching games in the mornings, but League Pass game replays suck), but I think I'll have to re-up because of Bridges.

Later in the season, I'm excited for a small ball "Lake Norman 5" lineup to be tearing up the league (Kemba-Monk-Lamb-Batum-Bridges). Swap Batum for Zeller at whatever point in the season Batum gets hurt and/or stops giving a ####.

I cancelled my League Pass this season (mostly because I can't stay up very late, prefer watching games in the mornings, but League Pass game replays suck), but I think I'll have to re-up because of Bridges.
We’ll trade you Bagley for him. 

:lmao:

We have to get crackin' soon if this is going to happen, especially if we want to so a slow draft (I do) and collect moolah.

Can you still see a list of whose posted in a thread? We need to @ some people.
OK, we got 7. Modogg would make 8. Let's fill this puppy up lickety split. Calling:

@Capella - after all, the frikkin league's named after you

@Gr00vus

@msudaisy26

@Long Ball Larry

@tommyGunZ

@Frostillicus

@DJackson10

@Juxtatarot

@nirad3

@TobiasFunke

@Encyclopedia Brown

@Stuart Ullman

@thecatch

@General Malaise

@ anybody. PM me an email addy for an invite

@wikkidpissah  

Would we slow draft?

How much money?

Is there a link available to check out the rules?

Although I follow the NBA fairly well, I haven't played fantasy basketball in over ten years.  I'll probably suck and be prone to homer picks.  Not that that will necessarily deter me.

@wikkidpissah  

Would we slow draft?

How much money?

Is there a link available to check out the rules?

Although I follow the NBA fairly well, I haven't played fantasy basketball in over ten years.  I'll probably suck and be prone to homer picks.  Not that that will necessarily deter me.
i'd say, since it looks like we might have some ballfans who havent played fantasy before, we do it for free as a redraft the first year together, then decide along the way what we'll do in future seasons. bananafish would like to slowdraft, so would i, it would be fun for the board, but i also have a draft date set for a wk from sunday evening, jic. we can decide when we're full. the rules are yahoo default as of now, but we can adjust before drafting.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd say, since it looks like we might have some ballfans who havent played fantasy before, we do it for free as a redraft the first year together, then decide along the way what we'll do in future seasons. bananafish would like to slowdraft, so would i, it would be fun for the board, but i also have a draft date set for a wk from sunday evening, jic. we can decide when we're full. the rules are yahoo default as of now, but we can adjust before drafting.
OK, I'll play.

I didn't play any FF this season for the first time in about 12 years and this will be my first time playing fancy hoops.  Looking forward to it, thanks for setting it up, wikkid.

i guess i will do it if you will kick modogg out.

also have not done fantasy bb in many many years, so I doubt I will do well.  I feel like last time I played, Eddie Jones was one the top 2 or 3 guys.

I didn't play any FF this season for the first time in about 12 years and this will be my first time playing fancy hoops.  Looking forward to it, thanks for setting it up, wikkid.
i like the daily-schedule sports (baseball, b-ball) more than football these days

as far as money goes, i'm not on paypal, don't like to pay the rates leagues or leaguesafe charge. but i like to play for money and have done it before where it's a free league but certain players start a pool within it. it's never had effect on the play for the ones in for free as far as i've seen. thoughts?

i like the daily-schedule sports (baseball, b-ball) more than football these days

as far as money goes, i'm not on paypal, don't like to pay the rates leagues or leaguesafe charge. but i like to play for money and have done it before where it's a free league but certain players start a pool within it. it's never had effect on the play for the ones in for free as far as i've seen. thoughts?
I'm in, and I'm pro-money even though I'm a newbie to fantasy basketball.  Prefer relatively small stakes though.

Yeah, if the stakes are smaller, I'm in for donating some money.
The important thing is that the league represent this thread and i dont want anyone crowded out because they dont want to play for dough. What do y'all think about the sidepool idea? And i'll be happy to take any my-team-beats-your-team bets (f'real or for charity) cuz i'm really good at this

OK, the Ah Capella league has 10 members (better hurry @modogg) so it's a go no matter what. Do we want to cap # of teams? We'll start a slow draft (i'll fill you newbs in on how) on the league message board saturday morning no matter how many.

Time to talk terms - H2H, eight cats or nine (i prefer 9 for the natural tie-breaker, but i prefer assist/turnover ratio to just turnovers)? Or more? Commish or league trade approval? I insist no more than 3 transactions per wk to limit streaming, but i dont believe in putting the limit on for the first month of the season so everyone can get their rosters settled. # of playoff teams? Do we skip the last week of the season for the playoffs to avoid all the pre-playoff sits? Rosters? Terms of the pool? It's feedback time.

OK, the Ah Capella league has 10 members (better hurry @modogg) so it's a go no matter what. Do we want to cap # of teams? We'll start a slow draft (i'll fill you newbs in on how) on the league message board saturday morning no matter how many.

Time to talk terms - H2H, eight cats or nine (i prefer 9 for the natural tie-breaker, but i prefer assist/turnover ratio to just turnovers)? Or more? Commish or league trade approval? I insist no more than 3 transactions per wk to limit streaming, but i dont believe in putting the limit on for the first month of the season so everyone can get their rosters settled. # of playoff teams? Do we skip the last week of the season for the playoffs to avoid all the pre-playoff sits? Rosters? Terms of the pool? It's feedback time.
Yes.

TIA, will answer yours.

IMO:

-14 teams (6 playoff spots)

-4-5 bench spots

-4 IR spots

-I prefer having weekly lineup changes to prevent against streaming than capping add/drops. Gives you the option to stash players on your bench who you think could become good at some point, without having to count on them to contribute. You also don't get as harmed if you get buried with job/kids/crippling substance addiction and miss making daily lineup changes.

-Slow draft

-No @Frostillicus in the league

IMO:

-14 teams (6 playoff spots)

-4-5 bench spots

-4 IR spots

-I prefer having weekly lineup changes to prevent against streaming than capping add/drops. Gives you the option to stash players on your bench who you think could become good at some point, without having to count on them to contribute. You also don't get as harmed if you get buried with job/kids/crippling substance addiction and miss making daily lineup changes.

-Slow draft

-No @Frostillicus in the league
:lmao:

You should also make every trade pass a vote to go through. That way everyone can get all up in arms with every trade and veto it and then when it spills over into this thread we can all watch and laugh and watch Capella make fun thread titles out of it. 

:shrug: Who are they bidding against, and why would they want to give up much when the guy will be an unrestricted free agent in July?
It's also a guy pushing 30 that's played 2 full seasons in his career, and best we can tell, doesn't get along with anyone. Throw in their intention to dump Dieng's contract in the deal, and it's hard to imagine a big offer is out there.

Then the GM is trying to save the coaches job, so (unless the GM really gets overruled by the owner), the GM probably isn't going to accept an offer that isn't a slam dunk. 

:shrug: Who are they bidding against, and why would they want to give up much when the guy will be an unrestricted free agent in July?
It was reported that 5 to 7 teams were interested. They also refuse to throw in there only decent player they have and to make salaries match up they have to give up at least one of the 5 or 6 horrible contracts they have on the books for a better player.

Looking at Miami's roster and contracts on that team I would rather let Butler play the season out leave as a free agent and get the cap space then take back anything they have on their team without RIchardson being involved.

It's also a guy pushing 30 that's played 2 full seasons in his career, and best we can tell, doesn't get along with anyone. Throw in their intention to dump Dieng's contract in the deal, and it's hard to imagine a big offer is out there.

Then the GM is trying to save the coaches job, so (unless the GM really gets overruled by the owner), the GM probably isn't going to accept an offer that isn't a slam dunk. 
So you are the guy that finds out A.J. Green is on the trading block and then says yeah he I am interested. Then during trade talks you just bad mouth the guy you want in an attempt to unload all your crap for a good player?

If they are doing a deal with the Heat then you have to expect that Dieng's bad contract is included because the T-Wolves would have to take at least one bad contract back to match up the salaries.

So you are the guy that finds out A.J. Green is on the trading block and then says yeah he I am interested. Then during trade talks you just bad mouth the guy you want in an attempt to unload all your crap for a good player?

If they are doing a deal with the Heat then you have to expect that Dieng's bad contract is included because the T-Wolves would have to take at least one bad contract back to match up the salaries.
I wouldn't have a ton of interest, personally. I was in a pretty small minority, at the time, for thinking the Bulls made a pretty solid trade. Now that he's a little older and in the final year of the deal, I certainly wouldn't go breaking the bank for him. He's a great player, but not a major trade asset for a number of reasons. 

The Hornets don't have any crap to unload, btw. I don't care what the Heat do. 

OK, we've got 12 for the Ah Capella League. i agree that 14 teams should be the most. i've got PMs out to cappy & frosty and, once i hear from them i can invite stragglers if either decline, we can randomize and start slow drafting in the morning. questions:

- should we draft here or on the league board?

- sry, roto fans, it will be h2h. roto is the purest form but murders 2nd-half interest. 8 cats or 9? i prefer assist-to- turnover ratio over turnovers as the 9th cat. objections?

- any adjustments to the default PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL rosters? i dont mind adding a little bench or injured-list but i also like to keep it as lean as possible so the waiver wire remains an actual method to improve one's team

- who's in the pool? how much?

- any other considerations?

- should we draft here or on the league board?
I think it might go quicker here and be more fun. (Although not in this thread.)  Of course, that means manual input later.

I'll be in the pool.  I don't care how much money assuming we're not talking big bucks.

I think it might go quicker here and be more fun. (Although not in this thread.)  Of course, that means manual input later.

I'll be in the pool.  I don't care how much money assuming we're not talking big bucks.
i'm not starting a thread for it - it's not appropriate for FFA and i know from the college mock that putting it in the b-ball thread means losing folks.

anyone object to the Ah Capella league exposing themselves to public ridicule by drafting here?

i'm not starting a thread for it - it's not appropriate for FFA and i know from the college mock that putting it in the b-ball thread means losing folks.

anyone object to the Ah Capella league exposing themselves to public ridicule by drafting here?
If you put it in the basketball forum everyone in the league would know it was there and check in, I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread