What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Phillip Lindsay, IND (2 Viewers)

Time to turn back the clock to 2019. The Lindsay and Freeman show.  Freeman could be a sneaky add if Lindsay is rostered already.

Question is will he be able to stay healthy or run the risk of re-aggravating it.  Turf toes are tough.  Plus, Gordon will not likely miss any time this season because of the DUI. 
DUI + speeding is egregious enough that he may go on exempt list just to make a statement.

DUI + speeding is egregious enough that he may go on exempt list just to make a statement.
The CBA puts the punishment at a baseline of a three game suspension.  Speeding (even at 25 MPH over) is not going to increase a standard 3 game suspension all the way to the exempt list.  Maybe an extra game, but a DUI without any injury is just that.  The NFL won't do anything until the facts come out, which won't happen for awhile.  What if Gordon's attorney gets the DUI charges dropped and all that is left is speeding? Gordon might prove his BAC level was wrong, etc.  I don't think the NFL makes a move until at least the arraignment in November.

The CBA puts the punishment at a baseline of a three game suspension.  Speeding (even at 25 MPH over) is not going to increase a standard 3 game suspension all the way to the exempt list.  Maybe an extra game, but a DUI without any injury is just that.  The NFL won't do anything until the facts come out, which won't happen for awhile.  What if Gordon's attorney gets the DUI charges dropped and all that is left is speeding? Gordon might prove his BAC level was wrong, etc.  I don't think the NFL makes a move until at least the arraignment in November.
We've seen over and over again that the plea deal isn't important, it's the optics.  The NFL will conduct their own investigation and if they determine that he was both speeding and drunk, they'll levy their punishment accordingly.

We've seen over and over again that the plea deal isn't important, it's the optics.  The NFL will conduct their own investigation and if they determine that he was both speeding and drunk, they'll levy their punishment accordingly.
I am not saying a punishment will be foregone, but your theory of going to the exempt list for a DUI with no bodily injury or damage is extremely remote given the current CBA has this at a 3 game suspension.

I also am not referring to a plea deal. This could come down to a passed screening. As of now we only know he only failed a field sobriety test. His BAC levels have not been determined yet. For all we know he might pass the BAC screening. Not likely, but possible. 

I am not saying a punishment will be foregone, but your theory of going to the exempt list for a DUI with no bodily injury or damage is extremely remote given the current CBA has this at a 3 game suspension.

I also am not referring to a plea deal. This could come down to a passed screening. As of now we only know he only failed a field sobriety test. His BAC levels have not been determined yet. For all we know he might pass the BAC screening. Not likely, but possible. 
COVID implications on the table too.  Where was Gordon?  what was he doing?  Was he at a bar, or was he at a friends house?

Question is will he be able to stay healthy or run the risk of re-aggravating it.  Turf toes are tough.  Plus, Gordon will not likely miss any time this season because of the DUI. 
Bronco's sent him home today.  I suspect he won't be playing this week.

Wait...you know he was drunk?  Or, pot or something else?

As someone has a decent amount of Lindsay on my teams, this is good news! 

Wait...you know he was drunk?  Or, pot or something else?
We do know he was under the influence, but it is easy to assume that it is alcohol as there is no mention of any drugs/pot, although legal in Denver. 

As someone has a decent amount of Lindsay on my teams, this is good news! 

We do know he was under the influence, but it is easy to assume that it is alcohol as there is no mention of any drugs/pot, although legal in Denver. 
I dunno.  Lindsay had a better 2018 than 2019.  Spot consistency when healthy and sharing.  This turf toe seems to be first significant injury but I bet it lingers all year.  

I dunno.  Lindsay had a better 2018 than 2019.  Spot consistency when healthy and sharing.  This turf toe seems to be first significant injury but I bet it lingers all year.  
Word out of camp was that he looked terrific. I'll go with that and be a little excited about putting him my lineup this weekend as I have many players on bye.  🤞

Possible hot take: I think Lindsay is a better RB than Gordon. Its possible if he hadn't gotten hurt, he'd have proved it already. They had a pretty even split week 1 before Lindsay went down. 

If Gordon gets suspended, by the team or the league, I wouldn't assume the starting job is waiting for him when he gets back.

Snagged him on waivers last night...injuries and byes hurting teams to the point they gave him up.  Slides in nice right now as my 5th RB.

Snagged him on waivers last night...injuries and byes hurting teams to the point they gave him up.  Slides in nice right now as my 5th RB.
I did the same tonight. Dropped Gallup to open up the roster spot (after also considering Deebo, Higgins, and Jeudy). Hoping he'll be starting for at least a few weeks.

Yeah, I did the same thing.  His previous owner dropped him to pick up Mattison, at a fairly hefty FAAB price, but he needed the Bye week fill-in.  For me he's currently behind CEH (but maybe not for long 😢 ), Conner, Gaskin and Henderson.  Cecil Lammey was talking up Lindsay before the season, I think his words were "Lindsay is not letting go of the job", as in he was fighting to keep it and making it tough to pass it to Gordon.

FWIW, the PFF grades for Lindsay look better than for Gordon, especially for Receiving and Pass Blocking - something that a team worried about their (recently injured) "franchise quarterback" would probably care about a lot.

Phillip Lindsay rushed 23 times for 101 yards in Week 6 against the Patriots.

Lindsay got the start with Melvin Gordon (illness) sidelined. He was the centerpiece of a Broncos offense that was also without KJ Hamler and Noah Fant. Lindsay hadn't played since Week 1 due to a turf toe injury and an early bye.  After opening the season in a timeshare, it's possible Lindsay's big game earns him more touches going forward. The Broncos expect to have Gordon back for Week 7.

Oct 18, 2020, 4:19 PM ET

Broncos RB Phillip Lindsay played 64 percent of the team's offensive snaps in Week 6 against the Patriots. 

Royce Freeman, meanwhile, played 39 percent of the snaps and saw eight carries. Lindsay rushed for 101 yards on 23 carries in the Broncos' upset victory over New England, though he didn't see a target. His usage is a reminder that when healthy, Lindsay is going to force a timeshare backfield with Melvin Gordon, who should be back for Denver's Week 7 game against Kansas City. 

RELATED: 

Royce Freeman

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter 

Oct 19, 2020, 8:19 AM ET

Phillip Lindsay was forced from Denver's Week 7 game against the Chiefs with a concussion and will not return. 

Lindsay, who was running hot with 79 yards on nine carries, took a helmet-to-helmet shot from Daniel Sorensen near the end of the first half. He appeared a bit woozy heading off the field and was ruled out after the break. Now a mistake-prone Melvin Gordon must operate as the Broncos' 1A back with Royce Freeman the 1B in comeback mode. This is Lindsay's first documented concussion as a pro. He will be 50-50 to get cleared for next Sunday's game against the Chargers. 

Oct 25, 2020, 6:14 PM ET

Broncos coach Vic Fangio said Phillip Lindsay (concussion) entered the league's protocol.

Fangio also said he's "unsure" if Lindsay will get cleared in time for Sunday. Melvin Gordon handled 58-of-70 backfield touches in the three games Lindsay missed earlier this year and would undoubtedly take on that bell-cow role again if Lindsay can't go. Denver's injury reports will be worth monitoring throughout the week, though it's possible Lindsay is cleared last-minute on Saturday.

SOURCE: Troy Renck on Twitter

Oct 26, 2020, 2:17 PM ET

Phillip Lindsay (concussion) is not practicing Wednesday.

The Broncos host the Chargers in Week 8. If Lindsay can't go, it'll be Melvin Gordon against his former team as the Broncos' workhorse back with Royce Freeman backing him up as a lightly-used No. 2.

RELATED: 

Melvin Gordon

SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter

Oct 28, 2020, 1:35 PM ET

Phillip Lindsay (concussion) returned to Broncos practice on Thursday. 

Lindsay has gained initial clearance after sitting out Wednesday's session. He will likely be slapped with a "limited" tag, but this puts him on track to return against the Chargers. With Melvin Gordon's play a mistake-prone mess of late, the Broncos could go with a near 50-50 committee again like they were last Sunday before Lindsay's injury. If he goes, Lindsay will be a low-end RB2 in a horrid week for the position. 

Oct 29, 2020, 2:13 PM ET

Phillip Lindsay (concussion) is questionable for Week 8 against the Chargers.

As is WR Tim Patrick (hamstring). Lindsay brought his helmet and jersey to the field mid-week but was unable to get cleared prior to Sunday. Assuming he's removed from the league's protocol on Saturday, he'll again be used as a RB3 in a timeshare with Melvin Gordon.

SOURCE: Aric DiLalla on Twitter

Oct 30, 2020, 4:04 PM ET

Lindsay's been dropped in my league.

Seems like a good scoop, especially since he seems he might even play this week.
I had to drop him myself.  I'm pretty confident he won't be picked up this weekend, but it might cost me some FAAB to grab him next week - and I definitely would like to do so if possible.  Stupid short bench league.

themeistersinger said:
I had to drop him myself.  I'm pretty confident he won't be picked up this weekend, but it might cost me some FAAB to grab him next week - and I definitely would like to do so if possible.  Stupid short bench league.
He was just traded for Agholar and Ebron in my league (10 bench spots).

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Broncos RB Phillip Lindsay (concussion) is expected to play in Week 8 against the Chargers.

Lindsay is expected to clear concussion protocol prior to the game and suit up. A toe injury kept Lindsay out of a few games this year and Melvin Gordon missed Week 6 with an illness so there isn't a great sample of how Denver wants to use him. He has played two games alongside Gordon. Lindsay carried seven and nine times in those two games. He only has one target on the year. Lindsay isn't a usable fantasy player but his presence does downgrade Melvin Gordon to a low-end RB2.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 1, 2020, 8:25 AM ET

Still no word on Lindsay being active?
#Broncos RB Phillip Lindsay (concussion) is expected to clear concussion protocol and play, source said, while WR Tim Patrick (hamstring) is pushing to play, but Denver called up another WR on Saturday. That’s generally an indication it’ll be another week for Patrick.

I have him, but I would fire up someone else if I had a decent option.

Had a great game this week and looked better than Gordon once again. What are you expectations on Lindsay ROS? Think he carves out a bigger role in a few weeks or will it take an injury to get him more touches?

Had a great game this week and looked better than Gordon once again. What are you expectations on Lindsay ROS? Think he carves out a bigger role in a few weeks or will it take an injury to get him more touches?
I was confused why Gordon was the guy in the 2:00 drill. They won, so what do I know?

Had to drop him due to bye/injury/speculation on Goedert...ended up getting him back as good depth.

ROS...just think he is a solid RB3/Flex play it seems to be...and if he gains traction on carries with Gordon or an injury to Gordon...that upside goes higher.

Allowing me to try to move some others now at RB (hoping to get away from Ronald Jones to improve my WR situation)

Phillip Lindsay (foot) did not practice Wednesday.

According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, Lindsay "jammed some toes" against the Chargers in Week 8, but there is "optimism" he'll be ready for Week 9 against the Falcons. Lindsay was out-carried 8-6 and out-targeted 6-1 by Melvin Gordon last week. Gordon remains the preferred fantasy play, though Lindsay was more explosive with his runs against the Chargers. Both are start-able against Atlanta, assuming Lindsay gets cleared to play.

RELATED: 

Melvin Gordon

SOURCE: Zac Stevens on Twitter

Nov 4, 2020, 3:15 PM ET

Phillip Lindsay (toes) will return to Broncos practice on Thursday, getting in a "limited" session. 

Word comes straight from coach Vic Fangio. Lindsay seems likely to suit up against the Broncos after "jamming some toes" in Week 8, but we can't take his status for granted, at least until Friday's injury report. Lindsay will slot in as a top-30 option alongside Melvin Gordon. His health and somewhat sporadic workloads prevent him from going higher. 

SOURCE: Ryan O'Halloran on Twitter 

Nov 5, 2020, 1:47 PM ET

sho nuff said:
He is suiting up against the Broncos?
Some guys sound out tweets when they don't get the touches they want.  But Lindsay is a baller - he's suiting up for the other team.  Does his talking on the field.

I'd say he's respected just fine. He seems to be the perfect change of pace back. I'm not sure a larger load or being the solo guy is the best for him. It opens him up to injury and diminishing returns with defenses keying on him in traditional running formations. He's in that early Jamaal Charles sweet spot right now where his 10-15 touches are maximized by the circumstance. 

I'd say he's respected just fine. He seems to be the perfect change of pace back. I'm not sure a larger load or being the solo guy is the best for him. It opens him up to injury and diminishing returns with defenses keying on him in traditional running formations. He's in that early Jamaal Charles sweet spot right now where his 10-15 touches are maximized by the circumstance. 
As someone who lives in Denver and listens to local sportstalk radio and watches the games, I can say this is wrong.  All the fans I know feel the same.  He's a 2 time 1000 yd rusher.  He wasn't drafted after he was told he would be.  He should have been given a raise.  Instead, the team gave Gordon 16 mil, and he's nowhere near the back Lindsay is.  Lindsay is the best RB on the team.  He's produced great numbers with terrible OCs.  I hope he leaves Denver next year.

As someone who lives in Denver and listens to local sportstalk radio and watches the games, I can say this is wrong.  All the fans I know feel the same.  He's a 2 time 1000 yd rusher.  He wasn't drafted after he was told he would be.  He should have been given a raise.  Instead, the team gave Gordon 16 mil, and he's nowhere near the back Lindsay is.  Lindsay is the best RB on the team.  He's produced great numbers with terrible OCs.  I hope he leaves Denver next year.
As far as money goes, yes. You can say he's got a beef there. His usage though seems right.

Broncos RB Phillip Lindsay is active for Week 9 against the Falcons.

Broncos WR Tim Patrick is also active. Lindsay played on 45 percent of the Broncos' snaps and logged six carries last week. He did manage to find the end zone once and converted his limited volume into 83 rushing yards. Lindsay is a suitable RB3/4 for teams in desperate need of running back points but still projects to see much less work than Melvin Gordon.

Nov 8, 2020, 11:46 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread