What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AMA with The Ox. You asked, he answered. (1 Viewer)

Evilgrin 72

Distributor of Pain
What's shakin', FFAers?

Some of you may have noticed I haven't been around in a while.  Or you may not have.  If you didn't, #### you.  Just kidding.

Unfortunately, my brother  - The Ox, for those that have enjoyed his (mis)adventures - has hit a rough patch.  He lost his job and his health insurance a few months back and his wife just got diagnosed with breast cancer.  Despite help from family and friends, he's being forced to load tons of dough onto high-interest credit cards and is swiftly headed towards the perils of financial ruin.  He's opted to try to crowd-sourcing route to help out with mounting financial pressure which, as a prideful beast, is killing him.  I figured I could help out by posting this here, a place he doesn't really know exists, as a way to try to get him to his goal without having to walk around hat in hand any longer than he has to.  So, I'll post the link to his Gofundme page here - if nothing else, there's a semi-topless photo of his giant ### on there, so you can see the mountain of molten lust and his family in high-def glory.

Help the Ox

If you have the means and the inclination to donate or share, Clyde Bless You.  If not, that's OK too.  In any case, as Jimmy Chitwood once said : "I don't know if it'll make any change, but I figure it's time for me to start playin' ball."  And as Frank Costanza once said : "I'm back... BA-BAYYYYY !"  And as Thomas Jefferson once said : "Unskinny Bop.  Just blows me awaaaaay-yeah.  Unskinny Bop-bop....all night and daaaaay-yeah."

See y'all tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I'm very confident that things will go well, it's just the financial aspect of this that's killing him. The state health insurance is awful (as is the current job market) and it's costing a fortune for treatment. 

Thanks guys. I'm very confident that things will go well, it's just the financial aspect of this that's killing him. The state health insurance is awful (as is the current job market) and it's costing a fortune for treatment. 
What type of work is your brother looking for? I’m an Exec at a large recruiting firm with multiple divisions placing all sorts of folks. We maybe able to assist in his search.

What type of work is your brother looking for? I’m an Exec at a large recruiting firm with multiple divisions placing all sorts of folks. We maybe able to assist in his search.
Thanks man.  I'll talk to him once he's got #### nailed down at home.  I know he had a second interview somewhere, so I'm hopeful that it will bear fruit and render further search unnecessary, just sucks that the timing of all this worked out so that they were on the state healthcare when the diagnosis came down.  He actually was last working at a government agency that places people in jobs, ironically, but he's a mechanic by trade (not auto - packaging lines, things of that nature.) 

Also, I saw a couple of donations on his gofundme that I'm nearly certain came from FBGs.  Thank you so much - there are a couple of really special kids involved here too that appreciate your help tremendously.

Just saw this thread now.  While the donation I made was relatively small--I will supplement it with all the thoughts, prayers, positive vibes and best wishes that I can.   Good luck to the Ox, his wife, and the entire family.  

Just saw this thread now.  While the donation I made was relatively small--I will supplement it with all the thoughts, prayers, positive vibes and best wishes that I can.   Good luck to the Ox, his wife, and the entire family.  
Thanks so much, GB.  Forget "small" - I'm truly grateful that anyone donated at all.  There are people out there in the world that have it much worse off than they do, it feels selfish to accept help from anyone (to me at least,) but it goes a long way toward keeping them from getting into a financial hole that will be hard to climb out of.  Really appreciate not just the donation, but the positive thoughts and vibes.  You're good people.  :hifive:

Your stories have provided enough entertainment comparable to a few movies...consider my chump change the price of admission.

Plus my mom went through similar so sending positive thoughts ...

Being able to put a face to the name in your stories is worth every penny. Thouprayerswishes headed the fam's way.

Done.   I went through something similar (although probably not as bad) with my ex wife.  Worrying about money while going through treatment is rough.  Hope it all works out for them.

Just saw this.   Suuuucks man.  I, of all people, know how bad at least a part of this is (the local market there for jobs).  I will do what I can.

ETA: Would it be inappropriate to tell him I'm okay if he uses whatever funds i donate to just purchase some Hormel gravy to chug? :)

ETAA: WTF is that wolverine wearing?

ETAAA: I am in no way surprised there is a wolverine next to his fireplace.

Sorry to hear about your Sister in law.  I sure can relate to state health insurance that is all my special needs daughter can get and it is a nightmare.  Sending a little something your brothers way and a lot of prayers.

Glad to see you back.

Just saw this.   Suuuucks man.  I, of all people, know how bad at least a part of this is (the local market there for jobs).  I will do what I can.

ETA: Would it be inappropriate to tell him I'm okay if he uses whatever funds i donate to just purchase some Hormel gravy to chug? :)

ETAA: WTF is that wolverine wearing?

ETAAA: I am in no way surprised there is a wolverine next to his fireplace.
:lmao:

That was a rental house in the Great Smoky Mountains, not his actual house. 

And hell yes, it would be appropriate. The Ox has the same sense of humor I do, he'd love it. 

And thanks a lot, buddy. I know you're familiar with the #### job market here. I hope everything worked out on that end... 

Sorry to hear about your Sister in law.  I sure can relate to state health insurance that is all my special needs daughter can get and it is a nightmare.  Sending a little something your brothers way and a lot of prayers.

Glad to see you back.
Thanks so much, man. It means a lot, I really appreciate your kindness. 

And hell yes, it would be appropriate. The Ox has the same sense of humor I do, he'd love it. 

And thanks a lot, buddy. I know you're familiar with the #### job market here. I hope everything worked out on that end... 
Well, so far I'm still employed 13 months later, so that's certainly an improvement.

Just threw some bones his way (which probably will show up an "Anonymous" since I didn't think to click that off before I submitted.  Oops).  Wish it could be more.  Hope it all works out as best it can.

That was a rental house in the Great Smoky Mountains, not his actual house. 
Illusions: Shattered.

In that case, if he doesn't use the cash for "drinking gravy", then I'd ask he uses it for a proper wolverine for their house. 

Well, so far I'm still employed 13 months later, so that's certainly an improvement.

Just threw some bones his way (which probably will show up an "Anonymous" since I didn't think to click that off before I submitted.  Oops).  Wish it could be more.  Hope it all works out as best it can.

Illusions: Shattered.

In that case, if he doesn't use the cash for "drinking gravy", then I'd ask he uses it for a proper wolverine for their house. 
Dude, anything helps.... thanks so much.  Glad to hear you found something, it is frigging grim out there.

Big fan of the Ox.  Had to donate.  Now if it were Yams, well O.K., who am I kidding, am  a big fan of Yams too.

Thanks GB, I really appreciate it.  As always, your friendship is nothing I take for granted.  How's everything out your way?
Let's say passable so that we can keep the focus here were it belongs, on Mrs. Ox's breasts.  Let's try to see to it that she has a larger cup size moving forward than does the Ox, and if not, that she moves forward knowing we support her nonetheless.

Perhaps but it isn’t the most common of names. Do they happen to know a short, fat, hairy Jewish documentary film Director?
I don't think so, but I can't be sure.  There are a lot of names on there that I don't recognize, some could be FBGs, some could be friends of theirs (mainly hers) that I've never heard of.

Perhaps but it isn’t the most common of names. Do they happen to know a short, fat, hairy Jewish documentary film Director?
You're not talking about Craig Shapiro, are you?  If so, that's definitely not your old college roommate - he is Jewish, but not short, fat, nor a film director.

You're not talking about Craig Shapiro, are you?  If so, that's definitely not your old college roommate - he is Jewish, but not short, fat, nor a film director.
Yeah, that is the one. The one that I know recently completed a doc on a woman battling cancer so thought that might be the connection. Didn’t think he would have been that generous though.

Yeah, that is the one. The one that I know recently completed a doc on a woman battling cancer so thought that might be the connection. Didn’t think he would have been that generous though.
No, that's not him.  That's actually the guy whose wedding we were attending when Yams fell over the planter jumping into/out of the professional photos of him and his new bride (mentioned by Bell earlier in the thread.)

Happy to lend a hand.  All your old stories makes it I feel like I know him.  Good luck to him and his family.  

happy to help out, please Send them our best EG.

let them know there's good peeps on the innerwebs!

Thoughts, prayers and donated. I hope everything goes wonderfully GB.  

I just dropped some money in the jar - it's not much, but best of luck to Ox and family. I look forward to hearing about her beating this  :thumbup:
Thanks so much, man. There is no "not much," everything you guys do means a lot to me. 

Bump for Mrs. Ox.

Come on folks, have one less beer or one less lap dance this weekend and use that money to help out the family of a man who has brought us much joy.

Thanks for bumping, guys - I appreciate all your efforts, donations, and well wishes. 

Regardless of whether or not there are any more donations, I was trying to think of a way the Ox could thank you guys.  He's not a message board guy, but perhaps an AMA?  If anyone has any interest, send me some questions I can e-mail to him and I'll post his responses.

Users who are viewing this thread