Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Taysom Hill - NO Saints - QB (but also other things...)

Dude in my SF startup is trying hard to sell the current pick 10.07. Saying he is taking Hill and if anyone wants him they should pounce now. Then 4 hours later he is still OTC and hasn't picked him yet. I half suspect it is all a cheap bluff and he is going to take someone else. It is SF and Hill was probably about to be picked in this area but I think it is telling that nobody wants him that bad. 

• Laughing 1
  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems to be a lot of negative sentiment towards Hill on twitter and in the media, like most people are eager for him to fail for some reason (I guess to validate their preconceived notion of him as no

I decided to grab him.  if i put him in at the TE spot and he actually plays and scores a lot, it will be one of my favorite FF things ever.

Like a TE1.

22 minutes ago, Tha Guru said:

You do realize that this was a cap savings move.  They saved 7.5 mil this year and the entire contract is voidable.  This is the work of the genius Mickey Loomis.

I'm guessing the post was sarcasm, but who knows.

Andrew Brandt

@AndrewBrandt

· 15h

Taysom Hill deal reminds me when I had to create phony incentives in order to have Cap carryover. I once gave Doug Pederson a $20 million bonus if he threw seven TDs in our last game. All funny money.

• Laughing 1

TAYSOM HILL QB, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Sean Payton said on the Dan Patrick Show that Taysom Hill and Jameis Winston will compete for the team's starting job. 

"I've told both of them, 'The two of you are gonna compete for this position. They understand it," Payton said. "They'll come in. We've already had a chance to see both of them to some degree." Payton's comments confirm what fantasy managers have feared: That we won't know the Saints starting QB until the summer, perhaps just weeks before the regular season kicks off. Hill provides tantalizing rushing upside, and is more likely to become an every-week starter in 2021 fantasy leagues. He'll remain a threat to take away touchdowns from Winston even if Payton names Winston as the team's starter. 

RELATED: 

Jameis Winston

SOURCE: Dianna Russini on Twitter 

Mar 16, 2021, 11:50 AM ET

Yeah I was really hoping they would give Winston a starter's contract or that he would sign elsewhere. This is my worst nightmare as an owner of both of them in SF. Not terrible, though, but was hoping to sell one or both before the NFL draft. I might go with the assumption that Winston is the one worth keeping and try to sell Hill for whatever I can get. Rostering both is probably not practical in FFPC.

Edited by barackdhouse
3 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Yeah I was really hoping they would give Winston a starter's contract or that he would sign elsewhere. This is my worst nightmare as an owner of both of them in SF. Not terrible, though, but was hoping to sell one or both before the NFL draft. I might go with the assumption that Winston is the one worth keeping and try to sell Hill for whatever I can get. Rostering both is probably not practical in FFPC.

I hoped the same thing. My best guess is Winston takes the Brees role and Hill is used in the same situations he was last year (mostly around the goal line). That offense desperately needs to be able to throw downfield and open things up. 

No way to prove it but I think they started Hill over Winston because they didn't want any controversy or disruption when Brees came back. Not that Winston is amazing, but after seeing him throw 50 years downfield it'd be pretty jarring to go back to Brees and his ten yard slants. 

Edited by Apple Juice