Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Shuke's 1200 favorite songs by 1200 different artists.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spotify playlist   Why am I doing this?  Great question.    I don't remember when, but some media outlet years ago released a top 100 classic rock songs by 100 artists, and the FFA worked to

52. Cheap Trick - Surrender Another one of those overplayed classic rock tunes I still can't get enough of. I think a few others may like this.  @TannerBoyle @OrtonToOlsen @Chico's Bail Bond

83. Beach Boys - God Only Knows Not really a BB fan, but this song is incredible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 11:21 PM, shuke said:

I need to pay closer attention to this thread. Just stumbled across this band and Google search lead me here. Love'em so far.  Not sure how to describe them.  Ben Folds Five meets Paul Westerberg is not wholly inaccurate, but the real beauty here is that within just a few songs I can hear a library full of influences.

ETA: Boozaphilia

ETA part deux: last one I swear. Brand New Cadillac drips with all my favorite rock n roll sensibilities.

I lied: Help Me

Edited by Mister CIA
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Mister CIA said:

I need to pay closer attention to this thread. Just stumbled across this band and Google search lead me here. Love'em so far.  Not sure how to describe them.  Ben Folds Five meets Paul Westerberg is not wholly inaccurate, but the real beauty here is that within just a few songs I can hear a library full of influences.

ETA: Boozaphilia

ETA part deux: last one I swear. Brand New Cadillac drips with all my favorite rock n roll sensibilities.

I lied: Help Me

Wait.  You googled this band and it brought you to this thread??

1 minute ago, shuke said:

Wait.  You googled this band and it brought you to this thread??

I googled:  site:forums.footballguys.com "low cut connie" 

I especially use the "site:" qualifier for music threads because I hate act like I'm the first one around this place to notice a band when someone else was way ahead of me. And it's way better than the search function.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

I especially use the "site:" qualifier for music threads because I hate act like I'm the first one around this place to notice a band when someone else was way ahead of me.

I just truck on ahead, neither noticing nor caring. I find that always helps get content out, too. 

Last Saturday night, I absolutely fell in love with Phoebe Bridgers.  Both of these songs were great, but I can only pick one.  She seemed to have gotten a lot of flack for the Townshendesque guitar smashing, but it seemed a natural fit for the end of the song.  Maybe it seemed weird to people because she was all smiles all night and just so beautiful.

1095 . Phoebe Bridgers - I Know The End (studio version)

Bonus: Kyoto on SNL

Edited by shuke
  • Like 4
9 hours ago, shuke said:

Last Saturday night, I absolutely fell in love with Phoebe Bridgers.  Both of these songs were great, but I can only pick one.  She seemed to have gotten a lot of flack for the Townshendesque guitar smashing, but it seemed a natural fit for the end of the song.  Maybe it seemed weird to people because she was all smiles all night and just so beautiful.

1095 . Phoebe Bridgers - I Know The End (studio version)

Bonus: Kyoto on SNL

Phoebe is great.  Loved her team up with Conor Oberst in Better Oblivion Community Center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DSO-w_AxgQ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, shuke said:

1100. Adwaith - Lan Y Mor

I think I've discussed in here that I have a horrible hear for vocals.  I honestly couldn't tell you this they were singing English or not.

Keep 'em coming, @Mister CIA

Thanks, man. I too don't do lyrics outside of Bye Bye Miss American Pie and Hey Jude.

Hope you caught my most recent link to a Frenchy named Izia. If you have a hankering for a Jack White sound mixed with 4 Non-Blonde tendencies, you're in for a treat.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pip's Invitation said:

It's either this or He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's the Pilot. Both among my favorite songs of the '00s. 

Agreed. I’d give the nod to Pilot. 

Or A.M. 180 (not ‘00s) or El Caminos in the West. 

Great band. 

• Like 2
On 11/27/2020 at 12:12 AM, shuke said:

Hi it's me again.  I can't get enough of this.  This song.  This video. The bittersweet nostalgia/melancholy feeling it invokes in me. The way she looks at me at 1:01.

Have never heard this. Really great.

• Like 1
  • shuke changed the title to Shuke's 1200 favorite songs by 1200 different artists.