What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (4 Viewers)

Comforter In Chief.   Great tweet.  Trump cares so much about this country and it’s citizens.  

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

4/4/20, 3:40 PM

To all of our youth who are missing the start of their ⁦‪@LittleLeague‬⁩ seasons, hang in there! We will get you back out on the fields, and know that you will be playing baseball soon....

Comforter In Chief.   Great tweet.  Trump cares so much about this country and it’s citizens.  

To all of our youth who are missing the start of their ⁦‪@LittleLeague‬⁩ seasons, hang in there! We will get you back out on the fields, and know that you will be playing baseball soon....
This is how leaders lead!

The heart on this guy. Best President of my lifetime.

The mental gymnastics the regulars are using to  use a deadly virus to place political blame truly brings the cesspool feel back. How do things go any lower in here? 

It’s always the same characters always claiming their side is 100% right and Trump 100% wrong, even Biden getting caught spreading his rhetoric after the travel restrictions when he’s obviously wrong and they still can’t admit it. With all Trumps faults I just don’t see how Americans buy into this “alternative “.  

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the low points was seeing some of them post that China isn’t lying about the number of cases and deaths. Unbelievable 
That one stopped me in my tracks. Doesn't happen to a well-informed person without that person's news consumption completely keeping it from them. The poster I have in my mind is clearly an intelligent and avid news consumer. But he's definitely got a blind spot.

Joe Bryant said:
We asked nicely above.

Please everyone be more cool. Thanks. 
MT asked us to police this thread ourselves. Then you come in and call out two Trump supporters instead of the guy that did a troll drop in here - picking a ifight with the brainwash comment. Can you guys all get on the same page?

You guys want a completely non-partisan opinion?

Trump should resign and let Pence take over. I also say this as someone who has clearly expressed anti-Pence sentiments in the past. I think he’d do a much  better job than Trump. He speaks better, comes off as a better leader, and honestly I think he’d make better decisions.

This comment is made simply using what I’ve seen so far in terms of this crisis.

MT asked us to police this thread ourselves. Then you come in and call out two Trump supporters instead of the guy that did a troll drop in here - intitiating brainwash comments. Can you guys all get on the same page?
Yep, and after Maurile said that I got two lengthy suspensions from this thread doing what I was told. One was for calling someone a troll which happens all the time by Anti Trump posters in other threads. In this thread I got a month. It’s not surprising. Keep enabling them.

Yep, and after Maurile said that I got two lengthy suspensions from this thread doing what I was told. One was for calling someone a troll which happens all the time by Anti Trump posters in other threads. In this thread I got a month. It’s not surprising. Keep enabling them.
They should have a staff meeting or something to all get on the same page. Maybe other parts of FBGs are different, but, I dont see how you can run a business with everyone doing different things to different rules.  

MT asked us to police this thread ourselves. Then you come in and call out two Trump supporters instead of the guy that did a troll drop in here - picking a ifight with the brainwash comment. Can you guys all get on the same page?
Maurile is one of my best friends and I love him. 

The page we're on is Please everyone be more cool. Thanks.

Full stop. 

Please drop this as I've got little patience for this kind of thing these days. 

If your looking for irony see one of his last posts in the Trump Stock Market thread. 

From a business perspective, it's clear that this website is frequented by significantly more people wearing blue than red. It might be that simple.

Don't want to upset the vast majority and lose business. I said "might".
The FFA is def more blue than red, but this forum and the PSF are both prob net losers for revenue, so I think your assumption here is wrong.

Also, I asked in this very thread just 30 minutes ago if anyone wants a non-partisan opinion, I was told no by one poster and another laughed at the reply. In my post, I even complimented Mike Pence, a guy I have heavily criticized in the past, as I feel he comes off as a leader right now, much more so than the president.

The FFA is def more blue than red, but this forum and the PSF are both prob net losers for revenue, so I think your assumption here is wrong.

Also, I asked in this very thread just 30 minutes ago if anyone wants a non-partisan opinion, I was told no by one poster and another laughed at the reply. In my post, I even complimented Mike Pence, a guy I have heavily criticized in the past, as I feel he comes off as a leader right now, much more so than the president.
TripitUp started a thread a few weeks ago complimenting Pence and FFG Moderator posted that it was trolling.

Elaborate in detail what you're trying to say.

Exactly what do you mean with "Don't want to upset the majority and lose business"?
Without speaking for you, or saying this is your train of thought, this is how a businessman, one of which I am, MIGHT contemplate the lopsided political balance displayed on the message boards hosted as part of a subscription based web business...

• Notice via my Political Forum (if not realized prior to its existence) that my subscription base is heavily tilted left
  • See that my biggest headache is said Political Forum, yet keep it so as to try and contain the headache from infecting other forums
  • Recognize that upsetting one side of that political balance would subject my business to much greater subscription loss than the other
From there exist many ways to deal with the headache to protect business, none of which are anything more than guess as to how or if you're handling it this way. I am not saying that you have chosen any of the below, whether perceived right or wrong or good or bad...

Some Self Serving, Business Directed Options

• direct moderators to come down harder on the minority group
  • select moderators who by their nature will come down harder on the minority group without having to be explicitly instructed to do so
  • operate with no directive and let the chips fall wherever more of my moderators happen to reside with their leanings
Only you know if you've ever had any of these thoughts or, much less, have ever acted on any of them.

TripitUp started a thread a few weeks ago complimenting Pence and FFG Moderator posted that it was trolling.
I know nothing about this. I came here to speak an opinion which was far from trolling. I’ve been impressed with how Pence comes off. He’s well spoken, direct, usually speaks on facts, and doesn’t put too much fluff out there, all while most likely being muzzled by Trump. He sounds how I’d expect a leader to sound. I’m shocked anyone could compare the two of them and say Trump is better suited for this job. More so, in comparison, Trump doesn’t speak on facts, but on opinion, and when doing so, he really just rambles. In this situation I’d absolutely support Pence, Trump isn’t made for this.  That’s about as non-partisan an opinion as I think someone could give. 

Without speaking for you, or saying this is your train of thought, this is how a businessman, one of which I am, MIGHT contemplate the lopsided political balance displayed on the message boards hosted as part of a subscription based web business...

• Notice via my Political Forum (if not realized prior to its existence) that my subscription base is heavily tilted left
  • See that my biggest headache is said Political Forum, yet keep it so as to try and contain the headache from infecting other forums
  • Recognize that upsetting one side of that political balance would subject my business to much greater subscription loss than the other
From there exist many ways to deal with the headache to protect business, none of which are anything more than guess as to how or if you're handling it this way. I am not saying that you have chosen any of the below, whether perceived right or wrong or good or bad...

Self Serving, Business Directed Options

• select moderators who by their nature will come down harder on the minority group without having to be explicitly instructed to do so
  • operate with no directive and let the chips fall wherever more of my moderators happen to reside with their leanings
Only you know if you've ever had any of these thoughts or have ever acted on any of them.
Your last sentence is literally true, but I would be willing to wager a good deal of money that @Joe Bryant has never had any of these thoughts (and therefore never acted on them.) 

Lol

Self Serving, Business Directed Options

Only you know if you've ever had any of these thoughts or have ever acted on any of them.
I can assure you none of this has ever crossed my mind.

The political forum is 85% anti Trump. That's a fact and obvious to everyone. I don't know why that is. I believe our average paying customer that subscribes to Footballguys is much more similar to the general public. 

The political forum generates zero dollars and costs a lot to host. It costs a lot of energy and our time to keep alive. It's a significant net negative. 

It does provide good things with community. 

Another businessman "might" moderate a forum in an unfair way in order to give preference to a side.

This businessman does not. 

I know nothing about this. I came here to speak an opinion which was far from trolling. I’ve been impressed with how Pence comes off. He’s well spoken, direct, usually speaks on facts, and doesn’t put too much fluff out there, all while most likely being muzzled by Trump. He sounds how I’d expect a leader to sound. I’m shocked anyone could compare the two of them and say Trump is better suited for this job. More so, in comparison, Trump doesn’t speak on facts, but on opinion, and when doing so, he really just rambles. In this situation I’d absolutely support Pence, Trump isn’t made for this.  That’s about as non-partisan an opinion as I think someone could give. 
I agree with you.

85% Anti Trump....but not nearly that in regards to D v. R.  There's a large contingency of long time users who are Republicans who don't support Trump.  
I see this as a blind spot for many here including Joe. While I don't think the next Republican President is likely to be hated to the degree as Trump is, I do know that the next Republican President will be considered every bit as "evil" and a "devil" by the vast majority of customers here. This won't go away when Trump leaves office. It's like everyone forgets the things that were said about GWB.

I love it when it says 'fake news CNN' even more when its a press conference and they are airing it. Or in their words, 'a campaign rally'  :lol:  

I see this as a blind spot for many here including Joe. While I don't think the next Republican President is likely to be hated to the degree as Trump is, I do know that the next Republican President will be considered every bit as "evil" and a "devil" by the vast majority of customers here. This won't go away when Trump leaves office. It's like everyone forgets the things that were said about GWB.
Not likely. Many people that are anti-Trump have a visceral dislike of him that goes far beyond policy differences and party affiliation.  I was no GWB or Obama fan, but they seemed like decent enough human beings.  Trump, in the opinion of those that oppose him, is a loathsome human with very few redeeming qualities. This goes far deeper than the R behind his name.

Not likely. Many people that are anti-Trump have a visceral dislike of him that goes far beyond policy differences and party affiliation.  I was no GWB or Obama fan, but they seemed like decent enough human beings.  Trump, in the opinion of those that oppose him, is a loathsome human with very few redeeming qualities. This goes far deeper than the R behind his name.
I'm fully behind this sentiment. W was a decent enough president, especially with dealing what he had to 8 months into his first term, and subsequently hanging over the rest of it. Obama seemed like a genuinely nice guy, albeit one I didn't agree with much, policy-wise. Trump just seems genuinely unlikable, and his policies feel like a reflection of that.

Unfortunately, everyone has revisionist history on how things were back then.  I bet if I do a search in here from way back in the day (if I even can or even have the interest) I would bet dollars to donuts that the things said about GWB were just as bad as the things said about Trump.  The left does't care who the person is in office for the GOP, they only care that it's the GOP.  The hate, hyperbole, drama and over the top rhetoric are the same regardless.

What I DO remember from the news and media was the left burning Bush in effigy, calling him racist and calling him Hitler back then as well.  Just like now.  Wow.

Don't try and fool us by saying that you guys thought <insert GOP person back in the day here> was a nice guy back in the day as some feeble attempt to paint yourself (or "your side") as somehow being reasonable because <insert GOP person NOW> is just so terrible today.  You never did, have or will in the future.  It's all about Party and power.

Does the crowd here think this is a Great Place when 10,000 Americans will be dead on President Trump’s watch?

Users who are viewing this thread