What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (2 Viewers)

This is why another stimulus package should have been in place back in May-June. 
I think it would have been better to target the stimulus we did have more so than do another round. We had companies in line for PPP draining resources of both time and initial funding who weren’t impacted much, if at all. My company didn’t receive anything til round two.

Just for quick math we totally lost all sales at the time of the shutdown and YTD are at 2% of prior year sales even now because had to give massive numbers of refunds due to the shutdown. Of course our costs are higher so will post a loss on top of that. And that’s before we know the extent of bad debt on our receivables, which is inevitable to be much much more. So in short, we have no problem showing and proving the direct impact.    

I guess what I’m trying to say is that for example when the Gulf Coast oil spill happened, my company at most suffered a negligible Impact and didn’t apply for funding from that recovery plan. In this case it was a definitely more shotgun approach of just get the money out there quick. There wasn’t the proof required to show how you were impacted. And I get that it was done to get money out quickly, but in many cases that led to so many filing that those most impacted were delayed in getting anything, often to the point of having to close before they could even get approved. I think it’s not that we need more money, we really can’t afford it. We just need to make sure it’s the businesses truly impacted who receive what was already allocated.

I believe I saw one plan was for a second round of PPP to be targeted to only companies who lost 50% of revenue. I think that’s probably a much better idea. 

But all that said, in the end we can’t go on endlessly and rely on the government to backfill enough for us to live on scraps. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We could really go down a huge rabbit hole here.  Another issue is cost of labor.  You want a living wage?  $15/hr minimum.  That would be a disaster.  At $7.25/hr our companies are already at a competitive disadvantage to companies that pay their labor $3/hr.  Example, Hershey Foods had their factory in Hershey, PA.  Unions drove up labor costs and Hershey closed the factory and moved it to Mexico.  Obama said in 2016, manufacturing jobs are gone.  Why?  Because we aren't going to lower the federal minimum wage to allow corporations to compete with other countries.  What did Trump do?  He lowered corporate taxes, re-negotiated NAFTA and put us closer to equal footing with our largest trade partners.  What do you know, manufacturing jobs started coming back.  It's not rocket science.
Excellent point and example.  Talk about nailing it. 

You're right, its not rocket science. Its actually very logical when you take time to flesh it out but so many people these days don't have or don't want the capacity to understand how several moving parts fit together to work together. I guess if it can't fit into a Twitter post, it becomes too complex to bother with.  

Shutting down the country would have more devastating impacts than what Covid has done. We flattened the curve, hospitals were never close to being overrun, of course the Left will always complain, but I’ll take our country over any other. Those hung up on it should look into these other countries, maybe they are a better fit for you?
So you are saying that if you don't like the country you are in that you should be able to leave and move into one that is a better fit for you?

Max Power said:
I just read a story about how leftists are using Trump campaign donations information to target trump supporters.

https://donaldtrump.watch

Seeing my information on that site doesnt sit well with me. Too many unhinged people in this country. 

This is 100% why conservatives dont answer polls or lie to pollsters about their true voting intentions. 
Is that real?

Calling the President of the United States a clown was a new low in American politics.
He's just a man, like Biden.  If he had done ANYTHING to deserve the respect normally associated with the position, Biden would have given it to him.  IMO, he's done very little to earn respect.  Apparently, Joe felt the same way.  As far as "lows in American politics", as stated before the past few years have lowered the bar tremendously.  

Trump released the 60-minute video where he calmly, collected and in full control tells Leslie Stahl how it is.  Link.

Smart, let the public see the whole thing before they cut it up in the editing room and pretend he stormed out of the interview.

Trump released the 60-minute video where he calmly, collected and in full control tells Leslie Stahl how it is.  Link.

Smart, let the public see the whole thing before they cut it up in the editing room and pretend he stormed out of the interview.
I'm about 20 minutes into it and have already lost count of how many lies Trump says.  BTW-So far, the only rudeness I've seen is on his part by talking over her (sound familiar?).  He also seems to be getting upset as it goes.  Not really in full control.  He's already put words into Leslie's mouth telling her that she wouldn't ask Biden these questions.  I'm so glad it's already out.  Thank you for posting the link Tonydead.  It's great to see!  It'll give the undecided American people another nudge in the left direction.  Trump shrugging when Leslie points out he's called the scientists (including Fauci-the #1 epidemiologist in our country) idiots.  Lol.  Also when Trump points out that the original projection called for millions to potentially die, and he has saved those millions, he neglects to point out that the projection was only if NO ONE WORE MASKS OR PRACTICED SOCIAL DISTANCING.  Priceless.  His comments on the economy are pretty funny too.  Pointing out that 11 million plus have gained employment recently, but neglecting to see that 20 million lost their jobs primarily from the lack of cohesive response to the pandemic.  I'm loving the first 20 minutes.  Can't wait to finish it later.

Thanks.  Just watched and lol at lefty media saying Trump walked out.  Leslie is obviously not a fan and it illustrates why conservatives don't trust the media.  She lies constantly and words her questions in a way to try and trap Trump.
Yes, they are scrambling in the edit room right now with version 2 for Sunday night now that version 1 is in the round file.

He handled her with class and it's driving them nuts.  He should take the same approach tonight when pushing Biden on Hunter and all the deals for China money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.  Hopefully, Biden shows some self control.  
Biden will be his typical rude interrupting self again. Just like he did with President Trump last time and Paul Ryan in 2012. I actually like these rules where the mics turn off so we won’t have to hear him.  

This also hurts Biden because there won’t be any outside distractions now when he’s melting down to bail him out.

Calling the President of the United States a clown was a new low in American politics.
It was low, but I actually think it may have helped Biden's numbers.  Watching him punch the bully in the nose like that...

And TBH - Trump was kinda being a clown (more so than usual) in that debate.

Biden will be his typical rude interrupting self again. Just like he did with President Trump last time and Paul Ryan in 2012. I actually like these rules where the mics turn off so we won’t have to hear him.  

This also hurts Biden because there won’t be any outside distractions now when he’s melting down to bail him out.
Perhaps you didn't actually watch the first debate:

From Jeremy Stahl at Slate:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/we-counted-every-single-time-trump-interrupted-during-the-first-presidential-debate/ar-BB19ywVg

By my count, Trump interrupted former Vice President Joe Biden or debate moderator Chris Wallace at least 128 times. This number dwarfed the 51 times Trump interrupted Hillary Clinton during the first presidential debate in 2016. For his part, Biden interrupted dozens of times—at various points either trying to get a word in edgewise or correct flat lies by the president—but his interruptions were no match for Trump’s.

Perhaps you didn't actually watch the first debate:

From Jeremy Stahl at Slate:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/we-counted-every-single-time-trump-interrupted-during-the-first-presidential-debate/ar-BB19ywVg

By my count, Trump interrupted former Vice President Joe Biden or debate moderator Chris Wallace at least 128 times. This number dwarfed the 51 times Trump interrupted Hillary Clinton during the first presidential debate in 2016. For his part, Biden interrupted dozens of times—at various points either trying to get a word in edgewise or correct flat lies by the president—but his interruptions were no match for Trump’s.
Once Biden started spewing falsehoods and disrespecting the President. all bets were off.  Trump showed tremendous restraint.  

Finished the 38 minutes of the expected 60 minute interview.  Looks like the WH didn't show the other 22 minutes.  Would have been fun to see the rest WHEN HE STORMED OUT.  

Finished the 38 minutes of the expected 60 minute interview.  Looks like the WH didn't show the other 22 minutes.  Would have been fun to see the rest WHEN HE STORMED OUT.  
I know that's what you've been told, that's the point.  Just two things here for you:

1- There is no other 22 minutes, that's when Trump left.

2- He didn't storm out, see #1.

I know that's what you've been told, that's the point.  Just two things here for you:

1- There is no other 22 minutes, that's when Trump left.

2- He didn't storm out, see #1.
That video was pretty much exactly what I expected. Anybody thinking that he actually stormed out doesn’t know Trumps personality or didn’t read any of the reports about the incident. Everything I read said they finished the sit down portion and he did not return for the scheduled walk with Pence portion of the interview.  That played out pretty much exactly as it did on the video. Pretty clearly at the end of the video he’s ending the interview and won’t be doing the next part.  

That video was pretty much exactly what I expected. Anybody thinking that he actually stormed out doesn’t know Trumps personality or didn’t read any of the reports about the incident. Everything I read said they finished the sit down portion and he did not return for the scheduled walk with Pence portion of the interview.  That played out pretty much exactly as it did on the video. Pretty clearly at the end of the video he’s ending the interview and won’t be doing the next part.  
I was being a little facetious earlier.  Obviously he didn't storm out.  He was upset and just didn't want to continue.  BTW-Leslie's right about him not actually answering her questions anyway.  She called him out on his lies and he didn't like it.  She must be an angry monster.

I was being a little facetious earlier.  Obviously he didn't storm out.  He was upset and just didn't want to continue.  BTW-Leslie's right about him not actually answering her questions anyway.  She called him out on his lies and he didn't like it.  She must be an angry monster.
You weren't being facetious.  lol  You thought there were 22 more minutes of video.

Progressive 5-Year-Old Claims Cookie Crumbs All Over His Face Are Part Of Russian Disinformation Campaign

PORTLAND, OR—Local 5-year-old progressive child Hunter Gaiden was caught with his hand in the cookie jar today. There were clearly crumbs all over his face, as well as a trail of crumbs leading right to the cookie jar.

But Gaiden employed a brilliant defense, claiming all the hard evidence that he had participated in illicit household activity was actually part of a Russian disinformation campaign.

"This is clearly part of a Russian disinformation campaign," he said as his parents caught him eating a cookie. "If you spread this information, you're spreading Russian disinfo. They're trying to influence this household! They're everywhere! They're listening to us right now!"

His parents still grounded him, prompting him to call them "puppets of Putin."

https://babylonbee.com/news/progressive-5-year-old-claims-cookie-crumbs-all-over-his-face-are-part-of-russian-disinformation-campaign

Remember all those on the Left claiming they were fighting for their country through the whole Russia  :tinfoilhat: obsession.....why do they seem to downplay the concerning news on Biden and have no interest in investigating? If you truly care about what’s good for your country it seems weird you only want to pull the curtain back on one side....also being the side that came to DC rich and lost money as opposed to the career politician who came in with no wealth and mysteriously is worth tens on millions in a matter of years with big increases during the years of questionable activity. The hypocrisy I guess was expected but there’s no effort to make it look otherwise which is surprising?

Wow. Is that legal to publish personal information like that on a website when people make a donation?
I dont know for sure. I wouldnt think so, but the site sources the FEC which provides all that information already. Voter registrations are available on-line as well. You can look up party affiliation there.

I'm more upset because I know why this site was created... to out Trump supporters. Searching by zip code and providing a map of trump supporting houses shohldnt be allowed.

Remember all those on the Left claiming they were fighting for their country through the whole Russia  :tinfoilhat: obsession.....why do they seem to downplay the concerning news on Biden and have no interest in investigating? If you truly care about what’s good for your country it seems weird you only want to pull the curtain back on one side....also being the side that came to DC rich and lost money as opposed to the career politician who came in with no wealth and mysteriously is worth tens on millions in a matter of years with big increases during the years of questionable activity. The hypocrisy I guess was expected but there’s no effort to make it look otherwise which is surprising?
Because they aren’t even hiding who they are anymore. The means to the end don’t matter 

Users who are viewing this thread