What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (4 Viewers)

Bryson crying about the worst traps on tour.  Milking every moment.  Moving his ball twice, second time was BS.  Looking at his clubs like they did something wrong.  Never ends.  Such a drama queen.

How do people root for this guy?  Such a d-bag.
I don't think they do. Did he get caught #####ing about the bunkers? Such a child.

No idea what these guys were talking about saying there is no bailout on 17. There is no bailout on 17 at Sawgrass. There are bailouts everywhere on this hole. First of all the green is the size of a city block. Then you can miss short, left, and long. lol

I don't think they do. Did he get caught #####ing about the bunkers? Such a child.
Loud and clear.  Something like "Worst bunkers on the tour, there they are!", after hitting out onto the green.  Class guy, ripping Arnie's Invitational on national TV.  You can find a clip of it by now, I'm sure.

God, while typing I watched him back off his putt to win.  All the way down the stretch today, it was about more time for Bryson in the spotlight.  Azinger wasn't helping.

The guy milks the cameras as much as he can, it never stops.  Bryson DeKardashian.

Loud and clear.  Something like "Worst bunkers on the tour, there they are!", after hitting out onto the green.  Class guy, ripping Arnie's Invitational on national TV.  You can find a clip of it by now, I'm sure.

God, while typing I watched him back off his putt to win.  All the way down the stretch today, it was about more time for Bryson in the spotlight.  Azinger wasn't helping.

The guy milks the cameras as much as he can, it never stops.  Bryson DeKardashian.
Rattling off sponsors like Ricky Bobbie just won at Bristol.

ETA: Have to wonder how the goons at ANGC would respond if he immediately went to shout-outs to non-Masters sponsors. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it make you a bad person for enjoying BDC winning after putting on 40 pounds of muscle, doing mad scientist #### with his clubs, and sticking all of the criticism back in the face of the people who told him he'd never win?

Asking for a friend.

I don't recall anyone ever saying he wouldn't win. 

He was ncaa champ and was US amateur champ, I don't think his talent was ever questioned :shrug:

I don't mind BDC. He's a spaz, but I like watching him hit bombs and how he tries different things. He does seem to try and manipulate the rules with the asking for relief all the time but they let him do this.

Can't really think of any of the players I dislike except Fowler and Hideki because they have screwed me multiple times picking them in fantasy golf.

Reed maybe? But I like that dude in the Ryder Cup

I don't mind BDC. He's a spaz, but I like watching him hit bombs and how he tries different things. He does seem to try and manipulate the rules with the asking for relief all the time but they let him do this.

Can't really think of any of the players I dislike except Fowler and Hideki because they have screwed me multiple times picking them in fantasy golf.

Reed maybe? But I like that dude in the Ryder Cup
He's better now but he was notoriously slow

I don't recall anyone ever saying he wouldn't win. 

He was ncaa champ and was US amateur champ, I don't think his talent was ever questioned :shrug:
I went back looking for examples and didn't really find any -- so maybe I just assumed that the gang was snickering into their sleeves and sharpening the knives for if it didn't work for him.  

Much to my surprise Chamblee was really supportive -- even before it panned out.

I went back looking for examples and didn't really find any -- so maybe I just assumed that the gang was snickering into their sleeves and sharpening the knives for if it didn't work for him.  

Much to my surprise Chamblee was really supportive -- even before it panned out.
DBC biggest knocks are  imo

He was really really really slow 

With all his tinkering he made sure he let everyone know how smart he is 

His interactions with officials and crew (comes off as a spoiled #####) 

People may have questioned if his methods would hold up under pressure but I'm pretty sure that all went away after his second or third win :shrug:

DBC biggest knocks are  imo

He was really really really slow 

With all his tinkering he made sure he let everyone know how smart he is 

His interactions with officials and crew (comes off as a spoiled #####) 

People may have questioned if his methods would hold up under pressure but I'm pretty sure that all went away after his second or third win :shrug:

Basically this. Everything has to be JUST SO with this guy, so I assumed that when push came to shove (in a tournament that REALLY mattered) he'd fall apart the first time his little world got shook up a little bit.

But he didn't. He won the US Open and he's kept on winning, so good for him.

I do think its gonna be hilarious (although annoying, because obviously I root for us)  2 years from now when he plays his next Ryder Cup in Europe. You think they tweeked the course to hurt the American style of play in Paris? Next time around, the fairway is gonna be 10 yards wide once you get 320 yards from the tee. Rough up to his shoulders.

So I’m supposed to hate BDC because he’s obsessive, snarky on course, and clearly constantly fighting his head above everything else...but love Spieth?

So I’m supposed to hate BDC because he’s obsessive, snarky on course, and clearly constantly fighting his head above everything else...but love Spieth?
Oh, Jordan is an absolute wreck. He's openly flabbergasted every time he hits a shot and it doesn't work out exactly how it hoped.

I mean....he's basically like all of us, so I certainly dont hate him for it. But it cant be conducive to winning. At this point, him freaking out and choking is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Pretty sure the context of “worst” was that it was one you didn’t want to be in, nothing to do with the “quality” of the bunker.

First one in in a tie goes later, actually.

ETA: unless that has been changed recently.
Yeah, i typed that wrong. I did mean what you were saying though since keegan finished before spieth and was after him today. 

The only exception to this just happened in one of the last couple tournaments iirc. If two guys are paired on a saturday and finished tied it isnt decided by who finished first. It is decided by who had honors on saturday. That golfer would then be last out. 

Todd from Utah said:
Oh, Jordan is an absolute wreck. He's openly flabbergasted every time he hits a shot and it doesn't work out exactly how it hoped.

I mean....he's basically like all of us, so I certainly dont hate him for it. But it cant be conducive to winning. At this point, him freaking out and choking is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
I know, i predicted Spieth's implosion here a few years ago.

I just don't see a drastic difference between him and BDC personality-wise.  BDC is definitely more aggressive in every way, including on course criticism.  Spieth has gotten better at it, BDC will mature I'd hope also.

Todd from Utah said:

JT is the exact same :shrug:  

Allrighty then. TPC Week!! Woot Woot! Last year my bubble was burst after one round when it was cancelled. I've attended at least 7 times and played it once. Fantastic course. When I lived in Jax Beach this week was alot of fun. Hanging out at my local, Monkey's Uncle there would always be a good deal of caddies and sometimes the pros soaking up the sauce. 

Allrighty then. TPC Week!! Woot Woot! Last year my bubble was burst after one round when it was cancelled. I've attended at least 7 times and played it once. Fantastic course. When I lived in Jax Beach this week was alot of fun. Hanging out at my local, Monkey's Uncle there would always be a good deal of caddies and sometimes the pros soaking up the sauce. 
I've played it twice, but once was the full experience...pregame locker room, walked with caddie, nameplate.  Really great experience and got to see the course from a slightly different and more difficult view. It's a beauty.

Ok, players bets are:

$10 on DJ to win 120

5 on JT to win 90

5 on Jordan to win 165

5 on Im to win 225

and 5 on Rickie to win 500

I'll make more plays Sat afternoon when I can see who's really feeling it. A few prelims:

Reed $30 - $660

Berger $20 - $500

English $10- $500

Kisner$10- $660

I'll make more plays Sat afternoon when I can see who's really feeling it. A few prelims:

Reed $30 - $660

Berger $20 - $500

English $10- $500

Kisner$10- $660
Harris English is Cheap Early Speed. He's liable to shoot an opening round 63 and finish T15.

A bunch of these young hot players have never played the Players.  Hovland, Morikawa, Niemann, Scheffler, Conners, Griffin, Z, Homa

Looks like absolutely perfect weather for Players. mid to upper 70s. light breeze. low precip.

20% attendance. I scored tix for Saturday and they're in the Champions Club at 17. Food and drink inclusive. Going with a buddy and we already have the DD worked out.

:banned:
I couldn't possibly be more envious, please tear it up for all of us. 

@JaxBill I'm looking at options for a last minute trip down for the Players with my son, looking at ticket options. Is the Champions Club you mentioned the same as the Patio Featuring Ultra Club? 

If we do this we'll probably golf somewhere on Sat & Mon, and go to the final round Sunday (or swap Sat/Sun). May be looking for course suggestions also if I can pull this together.

Nigel said:
@JaxBill I'm looking at options for a last minute trip down for the Players with my son, looking at ticket options. Is the Champions Club you mentioned the same as the Patio Featuring Ultra Club? 

If we do this we'll probably golf somewhere on Sat & Mon, and go to the final round Sunday (or swap Sat/Sun). May be looking for course suggestions also if I can pull this together.
Patio is behind 17 green, basically across lake. Champions club is aimed more at corps (work gave me my tickets). Sit down eating area with access to outdoor chairs.

Patio is nice, but more laid back with bleacher seating. Patio includes drinks but not food

20% attendance so shouldn't  be TOO crowdrd

2nd building from right in Patio pic is Champions club I think 

https://www.theplayers.com/hospitality.html

Patio is behind 17 green, basically across lake. Champions club is aimed more at corps (work gave me my tickets). Sit down eating area with access to outdoor chairs.

Patio is nice, but more laid back with bleacher seating. Patio includes drinks but not food

20% attendance so shouldn't  be TOO crowdrd

2nd building from right in Patio pic is Champions club I think 

https://www.theplayers.com/hospitality.html
thanks, I need to make this happen

thanks, I need to make this happen
The nice thing about Patio location is you're also by 12, 13. so if you wanted to, you could  follow someone through 13 tee and then take a seat at 17 green and wait for them to come through.

I would also say that one thing I did with my son is we got there early Saturday and walked FRONT 9. Everyone is on the back and you get an idea how tight the course can be. We parked ourselves by 5th green 2 years ago then waited for "the crowd" following Tiger. We were next to the ropes greenside. With 20% attendance should be easy to get close.

It's nice to walk 16 and 15 to get a sense of the holes but definitely more crowded.

BCD already said it was unlikely but thought about before they released this.  They did the same thing in hawaii this year because they didn't build a pavilion and didn't want players hitting into other fairways 

I'm ok with it in this case

Users who are viewing this thread