What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (1 Viewer)

The fact that the PGA Tour still has golfers sign their own scorecard is the dumbest thing in sports.
Meh I get it.  You have 35 groups going out and the walking scorer could screw something up and they are just volunteers so they are not official

Last edited by a moderator:
welp not a single one of us thought he’d do it (even though most of us probably hoped)

tremendous achievement

i thought Winged Foot would crush him, that he’d never get over it

"I just can't believe I did that. I'm such an idiot."

Instead he won three more

six majors and 45 wins is a helluva career for someone who was never world number 1 (270 weeks at #2)

welp not a single one of us thought he’d do it (even though most of us probably hoped)

tremendous achievement

six majors and 45 wins is a helluva career for someone who was never world number 1 (270 weeks at #2)
And 400 million in the bank.

tremendous achievement

Whoa, had no idea he never hit WGW1, would have thought he could have nosed in there in the Elin 7 iron timeframe.

Did anyone else notice @ 13 it looked like Koepka put in a big chaw, including spitting out gross brown spit?  I wondered if he was like, "Eff it, give me my Skoal, I'm going for broke." :D  

50 year old Phil will be the oldest to ever win a major

19 year old Phil was the last amateur to win a Tour event
Amazing. He’ll be the greatest player ever with less than 7 majors. Top 10 of all time? Was he not committed enough in his 20s...mentally couldn’t get there...who knows. What a career now though after that Open and this PGA.

Did anyone else notice @ 13 it looked like Koepka put in a big chaw, including spitting out gross brown spit?  I wondered if he was like, "Eff it, give me my Skoal, I'm going for broke." :D  
My theory is he only dips during majors and that gives him the extra focus.

Koepka saying his injured knee took a few shots when the crowd converged on 18. Doesn't sound happy about it. Can't believe security was so lax there. Some guy had his arm around Phil's neck. Nuts.

Just noticed that Phil had an 11 year stretch where he finished in the top 10 10 times at the masters.  Got to thinking if that was some type of record stretch for a major.  Not really even close.  Jack finished in the top 6 15 years in a row at the open championship.  That's just bonkers.

Once the crowd was allowed to swarm the fairway when Tiger won at East Lake (which dont get me wrong, it was amazing to watch) , it was open season. Much like court/field storming at college sports, its now "an experience" so the crowd is going to do it pretty much any time they feel like it. And if keeps happening at golf events, it will stop being organic and just become the thing that you do at every tournament.

I'd like to say it will end when someone (competitor or fan) gets hurt, but we know that's not the case. Because there have been athletes who have suffered severe, life changing injuries and it hasn't stopped people (adults who should know better, not just drunk college kids) from storming.

I hope they try that crap at Augusta at some point and the powers that be raise their hidden laser cannons from underneath the 2nd cut and start vaporizing some fools

The fact that the PGA Tour still has golfers sign their own scorecard is the dumbest thing in sports.
Golf (and baseball) are and always will be about tradition.  Obviously the actual scorecard means nothing, it's all about keeping that original tradition from over 100 years ago and getting a tangible item to put in the hall of fame.

Congrats, Phil.  What a great week for him.  Yay for the old guys!  

Wish I had a dime for every 👍 I saw this week.  Maybe he'll make it his new hat logo to replace the one of him jumping a couple of inches off the ground.  

Golf (and baseball) are and always will be about tradition.  Obviously the actual scorecard means nothing, it's all about keeping that original tradition from over 100 years ago and getting a tangible item to put in the hall of fame.

That's not true. They keep their own score and if they sign an incorrect scorecard, they get DQ'd. Its idiotic. 

There's more than enough technology out there than have a way better scorekeeping method than that.

That's not true. They keep their own score and if they sign an incorrect scorecard, they get DQ'd. Its idiotic. 

There's more than enough technology out there than have a way better scorekeeping method than that.
Look at how far bowling has come. When I was a kid we were penciling and cyphering. 

One of the more bizarre aspects to golf lately is just how un-liked Brooks is.  There are a ton of Jordan Spieth bootlickers that you would think would hop off the bandwagon for a guy that's won as many majors Phil has in his entire career (until Sunday) since Jordan has won his last one or even been remotely relevant.  He's in every.single.major. yet can't get love.  I like the guy because he has a hot girlfriend, but I admit he's a little bland personality wise.  

One of the more bizarre aspects to golf lately is just how un-liked Brooks is.  There are a ton of Jordan Spieth bootlickers that you would think would hop off the bandwagon for a guy that's won as many majors Phil has in his entire career (until Sunday) since Jordan has won his last one or even been remotely relevant.  He's in every.single.major. yet can't get love.  I like the guy because he has a hot girlfriend, but I admit he's a little bland personality wise.  
Is he?

If Koepka's goal is to be "liked" (in the way that someone like Phil is) he's obviously not doing a very good job. I honestly dont think he cares. I think he's happy to just try and win the big tournaments and just live his life. He's already got more money than he'll ever need (he's never gonna have Tiger money where he's buying yachts) and he doesn't strike me as a guy that wants to do a lot of ads.

And BDC is the worst, so I'm definitely still team Brooks.

Is he?
Brooks did this on purpose right? 

reaction.

the players keep one another's official scorecard.  There is a detachable lower portion where they keep their own score - they tear that off at the end of the round to check against the official card their opponent kept.   

Users who are viewing this thread