What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (4 Viewers)

:confused:    Disagree with what?  I said "Issues don't appear to start and stop with myocarditis".  I'll also point out "reason to cancel the season" <> "major long term issue"....so I'm not sure what you're saying or what you think I'm saying.  Statistically speaking, there's no logical reason to not have a season based on this one particular ailment

:confused:    Disagree with what?  I said "Issues don't appear to start and stop with myocarditis".  I'll also point out "reason to cancel the season" <> "major long term issue"....so I'm not sure what you're saying or what you think I'm saying.  Statistically speaking, there's no logical reason to not have a season based on this one particular ailment
I think he meant they disagree with "heart condition likely related to his previous Covid infection" that was part of Steve Tasker's post, not really directed toward you.  Very inconclusive that the heart ailment is connected to Covid.  

I think he meant they disagree with "heart condition likely related to his previous Covid infection" that was part of Steve Tasker's post, not really directed toward you.  Very inconclusive that the heart ailment is connected to Covid.  
oh...ok.  Thought it was me since he replied to me.

For those looking for a ‘20 team, LSU looks like the one to stay away from.  The defending champs have lost 31 kids from last year (including Burrow of course), plus Brady and Aranda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was kind of hoping Nebraska could revert to their 1920 schedule:

Washburn University Ichabods (Topeka, KS).  The university still exists, but don't know if they still play football.  Doesn't matter.

Colorado State - Mountain West Conference - ####.  Maybe schedule them for the Spring.

Notre Dame - Oh, they're in.  Payback for the 1920 "Nebraska Field" home loss.

South Dakota Coyotes - Missouri Valley Conference looks like they're closed until Spring.

Rutgers - Oh great, now they're in our conference.  Postpone.  Played them on a MAC Tuesday 11/2/1920

Penn State - See Rutgers.  How did this happen?  Didn't see this coming back in 1982 (2 yards out of bounds).  Played Saturday 11/6/1920.

Kansas - Oh, this is on.  Big XII is still playing.  At one point this was one of the longest standing football series.  Something like 48-2 in the last 50 years though.  But, Les Miles.  Not a gimme.

Michigan State - Again, who would've thought we would be in the same conference?  Maybe Saban will split duties and coach MSU again.

Washington State - I still remember sitting around the radio Thanksgiving weekend listening to the annual WSU vs NU rivalry games. 

Looking at a 2-2-5 record.  Bowl eligible.  

B1G vote held today would not cancel the season

B1G knew the PAC-12 would follow them, and figured the ACC would cancel and cause the SEC to fold. Except...

ND wanted to play which boosted Clemson’s desire to play. SEC and ACC gave cover to each other and Big 12 for playing. And B1G look stupid for rushing to cancel. 

Last edited by a moderator:
B1G vote held today would not cancel the season

B1G knew the PAC-12 would follow them, and figured the ACC would cancel and cause the SEC to fold. Except...

ND wanted to play which boosted Clemson’s desire to play. SEC and ACC gave cover to each other and Big 12 for playing. And B1G look stupid for rushing to cancel. 
Don't believe for a second that the B1G presidents would vote to play today. 
Agreed, but maybe for different reasons.  Presidents of states with a blue gov would vote not to play.  Red would vote to play.  It's become that stupidly, infuriatingly simple imo.  

Plus it's socially acceptable within UGA circles to bark at people. You,  as a grown ### man, will be allowed to bark at people.

ETA: I really ####### hate UGA.
Worst fanbase in the SEC. Saw a guy piss off the stadium onto UCF fans before the game where Georgia almost lost at home. 99, I think. Sure, it was one random fan, but what disturbed me was everyone pointing and laughing, including the grey haired couple walking next to my dad and I. A Barner friend of mine said he saw someone get thrown into a piss trough one time, so he just walked out and held it until halftime was over. Once again, the crowd around thought it was hilarious and no one stepped up to help. Great town. Awful fans from what I've come across. Guess that can happen when you have a bunch of new money fans rooting for the most underachieving team in the nation for now 40 years.

LET'S GO PEEEEE!

ESPN’s coverage of the 2020-21 college football season begins Saturday night, Aug. 29, with the seventh annual Guardian Credit Union FCS Kickoff, as Austin Peay and Central Arkansas play in the Week 0 showcase at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN.

LET'S GO PEEEEE!

ESPN’s coverage of the 2020-21 college football season begins Saturday night, Aug. 29, with the seventh annual Guardian Credit Union FCS Kickoff, as Austin Peay and Central Arkansas play in the Week 0 showcase at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN.
Holy crap i was thinking next Thurs...sweet!

John Canzano (@johncanzanobft)

8/26/20, 2:29 PM

Pac-12 Networks also cut the entire digital team — those responsible for the website, app, and social platforms were all laid off, per source.

Per @jaypo1961 from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:

"The B1G working on another plan for a revised 2020 football schedule. This one could have teams playing by Thanksgiving weekend. The first plan featured a January start. TBD if the league can make it all work."

"The B1G working on another plan for a revised 2020 football schedule. This one could have teams playing by Thanksgiving weekend. The first plan featured a January start. TBD if the league can make it all work."
Tune into the week 6 matchup between Iowa and Illinois while the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 are playing in playoff games. 

so they want to start play when all other colleges are sending kids home for semester due to fear of "second wave"

My alma mater posted on IG that all 23 varsity sports of the President's Athletic Conference - even the "low contact" sports like tennis - will be played in the spring.  That includes football.

wut? 

@Brett_McMurphy: Miami will not permit students to attend 1st 2 home games but will have 25% capacity seating for non-students. UM president Julio Frenk: “This is the prudent course of action at this time, as we continue to prioritize health & safety on campus above all else.”

Users who are viewing this thread