What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Return of the Desert Island Jukebox Draft - Drop in a quarter (3 Viewers)

The 6-minute rule will actually be a challenge for me, as many of my favorite songs are long. In fact, my tastes are so all over the place that the only pattern the YouTube algorithm has discerned for me is "long songs." So this is as much a limiting theme for me as "songs from Southern California" or "songs from Detroit" are to others. 

if the timmy100s leave us any decent ones, i'd like to see us go all redantarmy on a single year, til we're down to choosing between Ray Stevens and a LoveBoat star's vanity record
Did Stevens release anything in the first half of 2020?

Officially IN

Eephus
Rockaction
Buffaloes
krista4
Mrs. Rannous (and possibly Mr.)
Raging weasel
Pitchfork
timscochet
wikkidpissah
landrys hat
Pip's Invitation
ilov80s
simey
KarmaPolice
Binky The Doormat
zamboni
Hov34
PIK95
El Floppo
mphtrilogy

Active in thread but not officially IN yet

@Long Ball Larry @The Dreaded Marco @Aerial Assault

Sheltering-in-place on their Desert Island

@Nigel Tufnel @wazoo11 @Uruk-Hai @Steve Tasker @Abrantes @Charlie Steiner @Chaos Commish @shuke @Yo Mama @otb_lifer @Mr. Ected @rcam @MAC_32 @RedmondLonghorn @Bonzai @Mister CIA

Officially IN

Eephus
Rockaction
Buffaloes
krista4
Raging weasel
Pitchfork
timscochet
wikkidpissah
landrys hat
Pip's Invitation
ilov80s
simey
KarmaPolice
Binky The Doormat
zamboni
Hov34
PIK95
El Floppo
mphtrilogy

@Nigel Tufnel @wazoo11 @Uruk-Hai @Steve Tasker @Abrantes @Charlie Steiner @Chaos Commish @shuke @Yo Mama @otb_lifer @Mr. Ected @rcam @MAC_32 @RedmondLonghorn @Bonzai @Mister CIA
My "in" wasn't official enough?

Song draft with a bunch of unnecessary and confusing rules
...maaaybe. Depends on timing commitment. Work's gonna be chaotic for at least the next 2 months, so my knee jerk is telling me this may be more stressor than fun but I could be swayed.

...maaaybe. Depends on timing commitment. Work's gonna be chaotic for at least the next 2 months, so my knee jerk is telling me this may be more stressor than fun but I could be swayed.
Take it from an old guy, don't listen to your knees

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for the jukebox draft, but not the 2020 draft thing.
what's all this then?
Since the usual suspects will be here anyway, we'll run the 2020 mid-year draft in this thread.  It won't start though until we're well into the jukebox draft so drafters have time to plan out their jukebox.

I don't expect many people from the main draft to take part in the side draft.  It'll just be throw out one new song per day for a playlist.

i will do this, but definitely want to be in the mid-year draft.

i have a schtick idea for the 50 years, though i don't know if i like it enough.

Eephus said:
Officially IN

Eephus
Rockaction
Buffaloes
krista4
Raging weasel
Pitchfork
timscochet
wikkidpissah
landrys hat
Pip's Invitation
ilov80s
simey
KarmaPolice
Binky The Doormat
zamboni
Hov34
PIK95
El Floppo
mphtrilogy
Dr. Octopus is in. Nevermind he reminded you above.

Eephus said:
Officially IN

Eephus
Rockaction
Buffaloes
krista4
Raging weasel
Pitchfork
timscochet
wikkidpissah
landrys hat
Pip's Invitation
ilov80s
simey
KarmaPolice
Binky The Doormat
zamboni
Hov34
PIK95
El Floppo
mphtrilogy

What's all this now?

Binky The Doormat said:
outside of their first two albums they only have 3 songs that qualify
What do you mean qualify?  We can only take songs that came out on seven inch records?  

this draft coming off the album draft is cool. i've been on an album kick for the what seems like the past 47 months of covid so I'm cozying back up to some of the singles i've dug over the past few decades, but haven't found their way onto full LPs that I have been spinning.

this draft coming off the album draft is cool. i've been on an album kick for the what seems like the past 47 months of covid so I'm cozying back up to some of the singles i've dug over the past few decades, but haven't found their way onto full LPs that I have been spinning.
That goes for me, too.

Eephus said:
Officially IN

Eephus
Rockaction
Buffaloes
krista4
Raging weasel
Pitchfork
timscochet
wikkidpissah
landrys hat
Pip's Invitation
ilov80s
simey
KarmaPolice
Binky The Doormat
zamboni
Hov34
PIK95
El Floppo
mphtrilogy

Thanks for the heads-up @Eephus.

I've been waffling on this jukebox draft.  But with the coronavirus surge has come a major work surge for me and I don't think I can commit to it.  I suspect I'd wind up selecting many of the same songs/artists from  my 2015 JB draft anyway.  It's my favorite FBG draft-related playlist and one I still shuffle a couple times a month.  So I'm going to sit this one out.

I do want to participate in the 2020 mid year song draft, though, and I'm sorry to hear it's going to be incorporated within another draft.  I will follow the JB draft as able but please @ me when the 2020 part of the draft begins.   I'll follow along as able.  Should be another great one.  :banned:  

Oh ####, was I supposed to save those for Marco?  Sorry.
I live for snacks these days.  Half the cookies I baked yesterday are gone already and I was still eating a Pop Tart at 3 AM. 

We've gone through six pounds of popcorn since shutdown began.

Thanks for the heads-up @Eephus.

I've been waffling on this jukebox draft.  But with the coronavirus surge has come a major work surge for me and I don't think I can commit to it.  I suspect I'd wind up selecting many of the same songs/artists from  my 2015 JB draft anyway.  It's my favorite FBG draft-related playlist and one I still shuffle a couple times a month.  So I'm going to sit this one out.

I do want to participate in the 2020 mid year song draft, though, and I'm sorry to hear it's going to be incorporated within another draft.  I will follow the JB draft as able but please @ me when the 2020 part of the draft begins.   I'll follow along as able.  Should be another great one.  :banned:  
You'll be missed.

I live for snacks these days.  Half the cookies I baked yesterday are gone already and I was still eating a Pop Tart at 3 AM. 

I've been on some weird popcorn kick lately.  It's not something I normally eat, but I've been having it almost every night. 

A Pop Tart sounds amazing right now, assuming it was frosted.

Eephus said:
Officially IN

Eephus
Rockaction
Buffaloes
krista4
Raging weasel
Pitchfork
timscochet
wikkidpissah
landrys hat
Pip's Invitation
ilov80s
simey
KarmaPolice
Binky The Doormat
zamboni
Hov34
PIK95
El Floppo
mphtrilogy

Have to pass, but thanks.  I haven't finished my island drafting yet.

I've been on some weird popcorn kick lately.  It's not something I normally eat, but I've been having it almost every night. 

A Pop Tart sounds amazing right now, assuming it was frosted.
Strawberry frosted.  They're better with some peanut butter but that's too ambitious for 3 AM.

I have been a snackin fool.  Bad new is I take my blood pressure every day, and it hasn't gone under 157 or 112 since I started taking it again.  I'm hoping it's just the cvs cuff thing, but these snacks ain't helping.

I have been a snackin fool.  Bad new is I take my blood pressure every day, and it hasn't gone under 157 or 112 since I started taking it again.  I'm hoping it's just the cvs cuff thing, but these snacks ain't helping.
I have a cuff but I don't trust it unless I could calibrate it against something more reliable.  I've been on the same dosage since 2013 or 14 so that's good I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread