Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Return of the Desert Island Jukebox Draft - Drop in a quarter


Recommended Posts

The 6-minute rule will actually be a challenge for me, as many of my favorite songs are long. In fact, my tastes are so all over the place that the only pattern the YouTube algorithm has discerned for me is "long songs." So this is as much a limiting theme for me as "songs from Southern California" or "songs from Detroit" are to others. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Pitchfork said:

I've probably put way too much thought into this, constantly adding, moving and dropping songs and we're still two weekends away. Does anyone else do this?

Not since cassettes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

if the timmy100s leave us any decent ones, i'd like to see us go all redantarmy on a single year, til we're down to choosing between Ray Stevens and a LoveBoat star's vanity record

Did Stevens release anything in the first half of 2020?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Officially IN

Eephus
Rockaction
Buffaloes
krista4
Mrs. Rannous (and possibly Mr.)
Raging weasel
Pitchfork
timscochet
wikkidpissah
landrys hat
Pip's Invitation
ilov80s
simey
KarmaPolice
Binky The Doormat
zamboni
Hov34
PIK95
El Floppo
mphtrilogy

 

Active in thread but not officially IN yet

@Long Ball Larry @The Dreaded Marco @Aerial Assault

 

Sheltering-in-place on their Desert Island

@Nigel Tufnel @wazoo11 @Uruk-Hai @Steve Tasker @Abrantes @Charlie Steiner @Chaos Commish @shuke @Yo Mama @otb_lifer @Mr. Ected @rcam @MAC_32 @RedmondLonghorn @Bonzai @Mister CIA

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, zamboni said:
31 minutes ago, Eephus said:

Did Stevens release anything in the first half of 2020?

His streak ended ages ago.

 

10 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

a li'l gas, a li'l pee & copious amounts of existential dread

Harry the Hairy Ape Cuts His Own Hair

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Eephus said:

Officially IN

Eephus
Rockaction
Buffaloes
krista4
Mrs. Rannous (and possibly Mr.)
Raging weasel
Pitchfork
timscochet
wikkidpissah
landrys hat
Pip's Invitation
ilov80s
simey
KarmaPolice
Binky The Doormat
zamboni
Hov34
PIK95
El Floppo
mphtrilogy

 

Active in thread but not officially IN yet

@Long Ball Larry @The Dreaded Marco @Aerial Assault

 

Sheltering-in-place on their Desert Island

@Nigel Tufnel @wazoo11 @Uruk-Hai @Steve Tasker @Abrantes @Charlie Steiner @Chaos Commish @shuke @Yo Mama @otb_lifer @Mr. Ected @rcam @MAC_32 @RedmondLonghorn @Bonzai @Mister CIA

 

My "in" wasn't official enough?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Eephus said:

Still not ready to leave my island; hurricane season has been extra bad so far, actually starting to fear for my sanity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Eephus said:

Song draft with a bunch of unnecessary and confusing rules

...maaaybe. Depends on timing commitment. Work's gonna be chaotic for at least the next 2 months, so my knee jerk is telling me this may be more stressor than fun but I could be swayed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MAC_32 said:

...maaaybe. Depends on timing commitment. Work's gonna be chaotic for at least the next 2 months, so my knee jerk is telling me this may be more stressor than fun but I could be swayed.

Take it from an old guy, don't listen to your knees

Edited by Eephus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:
39 minutes ago, simey said:

I'm in for the jukebox draft, but not the 2020 draft thing.

what's all this then?

Since the usual suspects will be here anyway, we'll run the 2020 mid-year draft in this thread.  It won't start though until we're well into the jukebox draft so drafters have time to plan out their jukebox.

I don't expect many people from the main draft to take part in the side draft.  It'll just be throw out one new song per day for a playlist.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eephus said:

Officially IN

Eephus
Rockaction
Buffaloes
krista4
Mrs. Rannous (and possibly Mr.)
Raging weasel
Pitchfork
timscochet
wikkidpissah
landrys hat
Pip's Invitation
ilov80s
simey
KarmaPolice
Binky The Doormat
zamboni
Hov34
PIK95
El Floppo
mphtrilogy

 

Dr. Octopus is in. Nevermind he reminded you above.

Edited by simey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Eephus said:

Officially IN

Eephus
Rockaction
Buffaloes
krista4
Mrs. Rannous (and possibly Mr.)
Raging weasel
Pitchfork
timscochet
wikkidpissah
landrys hat
Pip's Invitation
ilov80s
simey
KarmaPolice
Binky The Doormat
zamboni
Hov34
PIK95
El Floppo
mphtrilogy

 

Active in thread but not officially IN yet

@Long Ball Larry @The Dreaded Marco @Aerial Assault

 

Sheltering-in-place on their Desert Island

@Nigel Tufnel @wazoo11 @Uruk-Hai @Steve Tasker @Abrantes @Charlie Steiner @Chaos Commish @shuke @Yo Mama @otb_lifer @Mr. Ected @rcam @MAC_32 @RedmondLonghorn @Bonzai @Mister CIA

 

What's all this now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Eephus said:

Thanks for the invite, but I don't have the attention needed, though I may reconsider if this Walgreens drive-thru does not pick up the pace.

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PIK95 said:

I would love to lose the six minute song rule.  I really want to do an "evolution of progressive rock" box but that rule kills me.

I sure wouldn't want regulations to stand in the way of that

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

this draft coming off the album draft is cool. i've been on an album kick for the what seems like the past 47 months of covid so I'm cozying back up to some of the singles i've dug over the past few decades, but haven't found their way onto full LPs that I have been spinning.

Edited by Buffaloes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buffaloes said:

this draft coming off the album draft is cool. i've been on an album kick for the what seems like the past 47 months of covid so I'm cozying back up to some of the singles i've dug over the past few decades, but haven't found their way onto full LPs that I have been spinning.

That goes for me, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Eephus said:

Officially IN

Eephus
Rockaction
Buffaloes
krista4
Mrs. Rannous (and possibly Mr.)
Raging weasel
Pitchfork
timscochet
wikkidpissah
landrys hat
Pip's Invitation
ilov80s
simey
KarmaPolice
Binky The Doormat
zamboni
Hov34
PIK95
El Floppo
mphtrilogy

 

Active in thread but not officially IN yet

@Long Ball Larry @The Dreaded Marco @Aerial Assault

 

Sheltering-in-place on their Desert Island

@Nigel Tufnel @wazoo11 @Uruk-Hai @Steve Tasker @Abrantes @Charlie Steiner @Chaos Commish @shuke @Yo Mama @otb_lifer @Mr. Ected @rcam @MAC_32 @RedmondLonghorn @Bonzai @Mister CIA

 

Thanks for the heads-up @Eephus.

I've been waffling on this jukebox draft.  But with the coronavirus surge has come a major work surge for me and I don't think I can commit to it.  I suspect I'd wind up selecting many of the same songs/artists from  my 2015 JB draft anyway.  It's my favorite FBG draft-related playlist and one I still shuffle a couple times a month.  So I'm going to sit this one out.

I do want to participate in the 2020 mid year song draft, though, and I'm sorry to hear it's going to be incorporated within another draft.  I will follow the JB draft as able but please @ me when the 2020 part of the draft begins.   I'll follow along as able.  Should be another great one.  :banned: 

 

 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

I'm glad it's here so I can check out the new stuff.  But please do hang out.  We can save some snacks for you.

Oh ####, was I supposed to save those for Marco?  Sorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Oh ####, was I supposed to save those for Marco?  Sorry.

I live for snacks these days.  Half the cookies I baked yesterday are gone already and I was still eating a Pop Tart at 3 AM. 

We've gone through six pounds of popcorn since shutdown began.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, The Dreaded Marco said:

Thanks for the heads-up @Eephus.

I've been waffling on this jukebox draft.  But with the coronavirus surge has come a major work surge for me and I don't think I can commit to it.  I suspect I'd wind up selecting many of the same songs/artists from  my 2015 JB draft anyway.  It's my favorite FBG draft-related playlist and one I still shuffle a couple times a month.  So I'm going to sit this one out.

I do want to participate in the 2020 mid year song draft, though, and I'm sorry to hear it's going to be incorporated within another draft.  I will follow the JB draft as able but please @ me when the 2020 part of the draft begins.   I'll follow along as able.  Should be another great one.  :banned: 

 

You'll be missed.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Eephus said:

I live for snacks these days.  Half the cookies I baked yesterday are gone already and I was still eating a Pop Tart at 3 AM. 

We've gone through six pounds of popcorn since shutdown began.

I've been on some weird popcorn kick lately.  It's not something I normally eat, but I've been having it almost every night. 

A Pop Tart sounds amazing right now, assuming it was frosted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Eephus said:

Officially IN

Eephus
Rockaction
Buffaloes
krista4
Mrs. Rannous (and possibly Mr.)
Raging weasel
Pitchfork
timscochet
wikkidpissah
landrys hat
Pip's Invitation
ilov80s
simey
KarmaPolice
Binky The Doormat
zamboni
Hov34
PIK95
El Floppo
mphtrilogy

 

Active in thread but not officially IN yet

@Long Ball Larry @The Dreaded Marco @Aerial Assault

 

Sheltering-in-place on their Desert Island

@Nigel Tufnel @wazoo11 @Uruk-Hai @Steve Tasker @Abrantes @Charlie Steiner @Chaos Commish @shuke @Yo Mama @otb_lifer @Mr. Ected @rcam @MAC_32 @RedmondLonghorn @Bonzai @Mister CIA

 

Have to pass, but thanks.  I haven't finished my island drafting yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I've been on some weird popcorn kick lately.  It's not something I normally eat, but I've been having it almost every night. 

A Pop Tart sounds amazing right now, assuming it was frosted.

Strawberry frosted.  They're better with some peanut butter but that's too ambitious for 3 AM.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Eephus said:

I live for snacks these days.  Half the cookies I baked yesterday are gone already and I was still eating a Pop Tart at 3 AM. 

We've gone through six pounds of popcorn since shutdown began.

I have been a snackin fool.  Bad new is I take my blood pressure every day, and it hasn't gone under 157 or 112 since I started taking it again.  I'm hoping it's just the cvs cuff thing, but these snacks ain't helping.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PIK95 said:

I have been a snackin fool.  Bad new is I take my blood pressure every day, and it hasn't gone under 157 or 112 since I started taking it again.  I'm hoping it's just the cvs cuff thing, but these snacks ain't helping.

I have a cuff but I don't trust it unless I could calibrate it against something more reliable.  I've been on the same dosage since 2013 or 14 so that's good I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was going to do this sampling theme thing but now I'm not sure I know even enough to do it. This article sort of reminded me how much I don't know.

https://wearethemutants.com/2020/07/08/style-is-surely-our-own-thing-nate-patrins-bring-that-beat-back/

eta* Changed my mind again after hearing a sampled song. I can do this!

Edited by rockaction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I was going to do this sampling theme thing but now I'm not sure I know even enough to do it. This article sort of reminded me how much I don't know.

https://wearethemutants.com/2020/07/08/style-is-surely-our-own-thing-nate-patrins-bring-that-beat-back/

eta* Changed my mind again after hearing a sampled song. I can do this!

Beware all who enter.  50 songs is a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...