What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Small Upgrade - Similar Articles (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
I know this is not a big deal and many other sites have it. But it's something we haven't had in the past and it's something I've wanted.

I like how sites have additional articles at the end of an article that are related to the one you just finished. It's a little more complicated than one might think as it involves tagging articles and managing the writers and such. 

Our Doug Drinen finished up the system for us and our Austin Lee and Clayton Gray put it into action. 

You can see an example now at end of Jason's Spotlight here

Again, I know it's not a huge deal. But it's something I think makes the content more readable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pro football reference has a feature like this called player news that has links of articles related to the player page you may be looking at.

I don't use it that often but it is really handy if I am doing some digging on a guy.

Is what Doug set up for you guys similar to this? Or improved?

Pro football reference has a feature like this called player news that has links of articles related to the player page you may be looking at.

I don't use it that often but it is really handy if I am doing some digging on a guy.

Is what Doug set up for you guys similar to this? Or improved?
Yes @Biabreakable  That's super helpful too. We do that on our player pages. Actually one better I think. If you scroll down towards the bottom of the page for Hockenson, you see all the other FBG articles. And also some other articles from around the web we think are relevant. 

I like it also, it's one of those things i may not have even noticed if you didn't point it out, but am happy to see that it's there. question on that sample page, the related articles section doesn't actually have a "more on Hockenson" area. Can I expect that, as a norm going forward, it will feature other articles on the player being discussed? Or is the other topic more of a AI decision as to what is most relevant, so it may or may not have such a link on the player himself?

I like it also, it's one of those things i may not have even noticed if you didn't point it out, but am happy to see that it's there. question on that sample page, the related articles section doesn't actually have a "more on Hockenson" area. Can I expect that, as a norm going forward, it will feature other articles on the player being discussed? Or is the other topic more of a AI decision as to what is most relevant, so it may or may not have such a link on the player himself?
Thanks. We are still tweaking what tags we have show up at the bottom. We have the "more on Hockensen" articles on his player page https://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/player-all-info.php?id=HockTJ00 but I can see how it would be good to have those tags on the article too. Let us look there.

And more on this @Pigskin Fanatic  We have to dial in how exactly we "tag" players. 

It's one thing if Hockensen is tagged in an article that offers a blurb on all 32 teams receiving situation. You might click on that and think, "great, 1% of the article is about Hockensen". 

But if he's tagged in an article that is "These 3 TEs could be the key to your season", that's one you want to read. 

We're working through these so we deliver the best value to the reader. 

Users who are viewing this thread