What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Brown, PHI (1 Viewer)

Why can't Brown get more targets because he's really good, and the Titans recognize that he's really good and emphasize getting him more targets?
I totally agree with this. He made plays as a rookie in a run based offense. I doubt the coaching staff didn’t notice it and won’t try to get him the ball more often. If they didn’t notice that then they need to go. He’s a playmaker that can break open a game at any time he’ll have the opportunities to do just that if the coaching staff saw what most of us saw last season

Blackbear said:
Hmm... lot of verbiage unjustified. 
If it was on my part, I apologized for how it may have come off

Biabreakable said:
eta - You know what I think is a lazy over simplification of things? Counting the targets of players who exited the team and just assuming those targets will be up for grabs than assigning a arbitrary percentage of those targets without consideration of how those players who left the team got those targets and how their roles will be replaced by other players in the following season.
As I said above: What made Chris Godwin a huge breakout candidate last offseason was Tampa's huge vacated target share (185)--most of which came from Desean Jackson's departure. A lot of Godwin skeptics assumed a vertical field stretcher like DJax would have his targets go to Evans (another downfield weapon) or even deep threat Breshad Perriman more so than the underneath/intermediate distance weapon Godwin. They were wrong--despite Godwin being an extremely different WR from Desean

The Ravens were 2nd last season with 181 vacated targets due to the loss of Michael Crabtree and John Brown. Clearly those targets went to Willie Snead and Marquise Brown right? 

Nope--the beneficiary of those targets was TE Mark Andrews

The Cowboys also had a significant share of targets vacated (122) with almost all coming from slot WR Cole Beasley. Yet the beneficiary was not replacement slot WR Randall Cobb but breakout sophomore year WR Michael Gallup who went from 68 to 113 targets all on the outside (in 14 games)

Vacated targets are vacated targets. There is no condition or historical requirement saying they have to go to the same area of the field/position.

Much safer bet to assume they get divided on talent/performance than something like that

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said above: What made Chris Godwin a huge breakout candidate last offseason was Tampa's huge vacated target share (185)--most of which came from Desean Jackson's departure. A lot of Godwin skeptics assumed a vertical field stretcher like DJax would have his targets go to Evans (another downfield weapon) or even deep threat Breshad Perriman more so than the underneath/intermediate distance weapon Godwin. They were wrong--despite Godwin being an extremely different WR from Desean

The Ravens were 2nd last season with 181 vacated targets due to the loss of Michael Crabtree and John Brown. Clearly those targets went to Willie Snead and Marquise Brown right? 

Nope--the beneficiary of those targets was TE Mark Andrews

The Cowboys also had a significant share of targets vacated (122) with almost all coming from slot WR Cole Beasley. Yet the beneficiary was not replacement slot WR Randall Cobb but breakout sophomore year WR Michael Gallup who went from 68 to 113 targets all on the outside (in 14 games)

Vacated targets are vacated targets. There is no condition or historical requirement saying they have to go to the same area of the field/position.

Much safer bet to assume they get divided on talent/performance than something like that
This is great (and astute) comment.  Basically, we just have to make an educated guess on who would stand to benefit from those new vacated targets.  This is one of the few primary reasons for valuing CeeDee Lamb highly in dynasty rookie due to opportunity to stand to reap the vacated targets from departure of Randall Cobb and Jason Witten.

This is great (and astute) comment.  Basically, we just have to make an educated guess on who would stand to benefit from those new vacated targets.  This is one of the few primary reasons for valuing CeeDee Lamb highly in dynasty rookie due to opportunity to stand to reap the vacated targets from departure of Randall Cobb and Jason Witten.
Yep. This is also why I don't necessarily think Cooper or even Gallup will take a big hit immediately. Dallas throws enough (especially with McCarthy) for Lamb to have a good rookie year (IDK about great in a shortened offseason but good), Jawin to be a fantasy TE2 and for Cooper/Gallup to keep their targets

Apparently I inadvertently disrespect a lot of people. Sorry; not my intent. Just saying that a run heavy team supporting a low WR1/high WR2 isn't out of the historical norms at all and saying "Titans don't throw. They have Henry. Efficiency regression" isn't all that productive when I address those points specifically

Now for the rest:

1. Of those targets 140 additional targets I projected (103+37 extra pass attempts) I gave  AJB and Jonnu 25% each, Davis and Humphires 20% each. Evans was never much of a pass catcher at APP State--don't know why he is being projected as such in the NFL. Maybe one day but as a rookie I think he is more COP--he, Henry, Firsker, Raymond, etc will make up the other 10%. I don't see targets as being deferred specifically to the position they were lost at. I frequently see Atlanta's 250 vacated targets being cited as for Calvin Ridley being a breakout candidate even when most of those come from the TE position

What made Chris Godwin a huge breakout candidate last offseason was Tampa's huge vacated target share--most of which came from Desean Jackson's departure. A lot of Godwin skeptics assumed a vertical field stretcher like DJax would have his targets go to Evans (another downfield weapon) or even deep threat Breshad Perriman more so than the underneath/intermediate distance weapon Godwin. They were wrong

2. I am a Tannehill believer:

Can't believe that seeing the previously written off Parker and Gase ball out free of Gase isn't enough to convince people what the problem was in Miami

They were an awful, dysfunctional organization: he had Joe Philbin, the Incognito-Martin incident, the Landry contract issue, Parker not doing s***, Leonte Carroo busting, big free agent acquisition Jordan Cameron also busting and Gase hating Kenyan Drake--the only constant through it all being horrendous OL play. And still there were glimpses of his potential in Miami

Then he comes to Tennessee with a talented team and quality coaching/organization but a really sub par group of skill position players (overall) and posts a TOP 5 QB season, and unleashes Derrick Henry and AJ Brown

Yes, he was helped by Henry, but don't act like Henry was bowling over the Ravens and Pats with that bum Marcus Mariota at QB

For the whole AFC championship until maybe mid to late 4th quarter I was nervous because of how methodically the Titans were able to operate. Their downfall IMO was not trusting him when it was clear our defense was selling out to stop Henry (and succeeding)

Always thought the Titans were a QB away from being legit in the Mariota years (yes I know Mariota fluked his way to beating us one time) and last year confirmed it

3. I agree. They are not going over 500 pass attempts without Henry missing games

4. I projected 119 targets for Brown in my original post. 25% of the 103+37 additional ones plus the 84 he had last season. 119 targets is 24.5% target share

5. Randall Cobb in his Green Bay years

Cheers
No worries. I have been testy lately and for reasons completely unrelated to this discussion.

I misunderstood the 140 targets point I think. If you jave Brown getting 119 targets I think that is within the range of possibilities for him. I might say 110 targets as a median range for him and 119 might be closer to upside number for him. I think the Titans have a lot of good skill position players to also use, and so I wouldn't want to go overboard on this as far as opportunity for Brown. Again I think looking at the total market share of targets is a good guide line for this.

I may be wrong about Darrinton Evans, I have not spent a lot of time learning about him. They used a pretty high draft pick on him though, and Dion Lewis did have 32 targets last season, and 67 targets for the Titans in 2018. Maybe @Bri could spreak more on that and what the Titans plans for Evans are.

Another thing I noticed when looking at snap counts is that MyCole Pruitt played 44% of their snaps even with Walker playing 20% in their first 6 games as well. That is a lot of TE snaps. They only targeted Pruitt 8 times over the season, but I am familiar with him from his time with the Vikings. He can catch the ball. Maybe they use him more? I would like to hear what Bri's thoughts are on that. In any case these are two players who could be getting a small slice of the opportunity pie for the Titans that you are not accounting for.

You may be right about Tannehill. The Dolphins have been a train wreck. The Titans offensive line much better than anything he had to work with before. I wonder what the loss of Tyler Conklin may have on that front? I think Tannehills efficiency greatly benefited from play action and the threat of Derrick Henry in a similar way that play action helped Kirk Cousins improve his efficiency on fewer pass attempts. That said it is a small sample size we are talking about here and I am skeptical of him being able to maintain that. Who knows though, maybe he does.

As far as the rushing TD by a WR in more than one season, I did a search on that. We have a few. Not sure why Danny Woodhead was included in the search, but we have Tavon Austin who has only failed to score a rushing TD one year in his career so far. Patterson has scored TD 4 different times. There are 3 seasons where he did not. Percy Harvin did it 4 times although he was injured in 2013 after one game breaking that streak up. Tyreek Hill has done it twice so far and he may add to that. Curtis Samuel has done it two years in a row now and lots of career left. Bobby Woods has scored a rushing TD two years in a row now after not doing so in his first 5 seasons.Mohammed Sanu did it once.  I dont see anyone else repeating from this list besides Joe Webb and Tayson Hill who were more TE/QB than WRs. 

Point is that a WR scoring a rushing TD is pretty rare and them repeating that feat each season much more rare. The players who have done it like Austin and Patterson, their teams schemed this specifically for these players. In my view Percy Harvin was a complete WR unlike them, but he was fantastic as a runner as well. They would just use him as a RB at times, but this is when they had Peterson and Ponder as well. All the Vikings did was run the ball back then, including with their WR. It is far from ideal.

In this case I would prefer using a fraction on that rather than a full TD.

I dont see any rushing TD for Randall Cobb

eta - Evans did have 5 receiving TD for Appalacan State last year and a very good yards per reception average.

No worries. I have been testy lately and for reasons completely unrelated to this discussion.

I misunderstood the 140 targets point I think. If you jave Brown getting 119 targets I think that is within the range of possibilities for him. I might say 110 targets as a median range for him and 119 might be closer to upside number for him. I think the Titans have a lot of good skill position players to also use, and so I wouldn't want to go overboard on this as far as opportunity for Brown. Again I think looking at the total market share of targets is a good guide line for this.

I may be wrong about Darrinton Evans, I have not spent a lot of time learning about him. They used a pretty high draft pick on him though, and Dion Lewis did have 32 targets last season, and 67 targets for the Titans in 2018. Maybe @Bri could spreak more on that and what the Titans plans for Evans are.

Another thing I noticed when looking at snap counts is that MyCole Pruitt played 44% of their snaps even with Walker playing 20% in their first 6 games as well. That is a lot of TE snaps. They only targeted Pruitt 8 times over the season, but I am familiar with him from his time with the Vikings. He can catch the ball. Maybe they use him more? I would like to hear what Bri's thoughts are on that. In any case these are two players who could be getting a small slice of the opportunity pie for the Titans that you are not accounting for.

You may be right about Tannehill. The Dolphins have been a train wreck. The Titans offensive line much better than anything he had to work with before. I wonder what the loss of Tyler Conklin may have on that front? I think Tannehills efficiency greatly benefited from play action and the threat of Derrick Henry in a similar way that play action helped Kirk Cousins improve his efficiency on fewer pass attempts. That said it is a small sample size we are talking about here and I am skeptical of him being able to maintain that. Who knows though, maybe he does.

As far as the rushing TD by a WR in more than one season, I did a search on that. We have a few. Not sure why Danny Woodhead was included in the search, but we have Tavon Austin who has only failed to score a rushing TD one year in his career so far. Patterson has scored TD 4 different times. There are 3 seasons where he did not. Percy Harvin did it 4 times although he was injured in 2013 after one game breaking that streak up. Tyreek Hill has done it twice so far and he may add to that. Curtis Samuel has done it two years in a row now and lots of career left. Bobby Woods has scored a rushing TD two years in a row now after not doing so in his first 5 seasons.Mohammed Sanu did it once.  I dont see anyone else repeating from this list besides Joe Webb and Tayson Hill who were more TE/QB than WRs. 

Point is that a WR scoring a rushing TD is pretty rare and them repeating that feat each season much more rare. The players who have done it like Austin and Patterson, their teams schemed this specifically for these players. In my view Percy Harvin was a complete WR unlike them, but he was fantastic as a runner as well. They would just use him as a RB at times, but this is when they had Peterson and Ponder as well. All the Vikings did was run the ball back then, including with their WR. It is far from ideal.

In this case I would prefer using a fraction on that rather than a full TD.

I dont see any rushing TD for Randall Cobb

eta - Evans did have 5 receiving TD for Appalacan State last year and a very good yards per reception average.
I could have sworn Cobb had some rush TDs. Yeah I think a fraction is fair

I expect about 4-7 rush attempts with 8 YPC--maybe a TD maybe not

As for Conklin (believe his name is Jack) I suppose he is a worry for the Titans offense as a whole but he was only an RT not an LT and they did spend 1st round capital on a tackle. Good player but only one elite year if I remember right (2016), and one very good-great one (2019). If the replacement is a blackhole--yes that's an issue but otherwise I think their OL will be fine

And for Tannehill. Yes he was helped Henry too--didn't deny that, and his efficiency will fall too, but I do think it will still be a step ahead of his Miami days both with better coaching and talent.

For Evans, his efficiency was good and he steadily improved as a pass catcher but still only 21 receptions in his final year with a 7.6% target share. 

Jonathan Taylor had 26 receptions with a higher YPR and target share and receiving is frequently cited as a weakness in his profile

Obviously pure numbers =/= receiving ability but I don't think he is the kind of specialized receiving back Dion Lewis was and may get more carries due to being a better runner than 2019 Lewis and for the sake of conserving Henry (not much--he will get a huge workload just in garbage time situations now that they have quite a bit of money invested in Henry)

And on vacated targets--if you look above at how a lot of the teams last year with huge vacated target shares and who the beneficiaries were in 2019--it doesn't necessarily go to the same position they came from.

Lewis allowed 12 sacks in 2018 and he was at about 6,7 midway through last year. Ya gotta remember the staff loved him and gave him every opportunity to beat Henry, take his spot etc. Then it eventually was (mostly) a third down back role and then is he even going in on this third down?

Lewis released poorly when the QB was under pressure. With the speed of the game, it looks easy on TV but it can seem more like a 'feel' type thing. He would see the play was breaking down and switch to dump back and run right into a crowd. He was awesome at this when he was younger, but he lost his knack for this.

Henry is an average blocker in a giant human's body and he looks like he likes his occasional dump pass and opportunity to push guys back(block) but since he's been there, every OC loves to shift him to WR. I don't think third down (3rd and 7 plus) goes as traditional with Henry there. If he takes the right guy (and he commands a top defender) with him, the TE or occasional slot could have a perfect setup. Henry is unstoppable up the sideline (many videos, including screens) so he's pretty much burned every team that saw him line up wide and put some lesser defender on him. So the Titans are very comfortable with Henry on third but they really want to rest the big fella.

Jonnu has been very good at the FB role for a good chunk of plays late in the year. When he was not manned up, they ran him and he showed some good speed and toughness. They want him in Delanie's old role- not last year, mind you, but as a key part of the offense like 2017. Vrabel is from NE and PIT where they use TEs tons and he's commented several times how he wants Jonnu to do more and last year was not what he has in mind. A rookie tackle and guard next to him that doesn't have 16 starts yet, might surely make Jonnu more of an in-blocker.

The Titans are supposed to sign a back. It's been said often, written often, and it was supposed to happen when this covid stuff died down and they could try guys out. I guess since covid isn't dying down, the time is soon with players reporting. 

Evans has all the qualities the Titans want in a complete back. He's not elite but he's not just third down back although that's where he can hone his craft. He will play precious little if he can't sync up with the RB coach, learn NFL style blitz pickup, and convince the coaches he's good at it. I'm concerned about not having much time in camp and getting that done.

Sinorise? Senorise? Perry was signed and he couldn't seem more like a camp body but unless they sign two or three, he's making the team. They have no numbers at RB right now.

Khari Blasingame is a college RB that the Vikings tried to convert to FB and liked him but in a numbers pinch they cut him. The Titans knew him from all their 'local' tryouts since he played at Vanderbilt. He's a big boy. Not Henry big, but big. He is not there yet as a FB. He can followup a super block with a dud. He's not very fast or quick, but it's enough. He's got great hips and an awesome ability to twist which leads to how he can pretty much catch anything while on a screen but this is poor technique and bit him a few times. He lined out wide a number or times and was part of their big package. He made one terrific catch. So there's a lot of good and "cmon ya gotta practice that and get better' to his game. If he improves everything a little bit, he's the prime backup now and maybe even third down back. Talent wise, he's more like this utility guy that coaches would love. When the games mattered late, they did NOT entrust much of anything to him and that could be something to note too. 

Evans has the path, but you simply can't look at their backup QBs and right side of the line and imagine they're going to risk Tannehill. Further, they've been adamant for more than a decade that the backup is not playing if he can't pickup the blitz and I think Lewis' benching is a clear sign Vrabel and Co haven't changed that rule. JRob has been trying for years and many draft picks to get a talented third down back to counter the main RB. He's pretty much failed with reaches. This is the first solid grab in the draft.

I could have sworn Cobb had some rush TDs. Yeah I think a fraction is fair
I kind of thought so too. Many people have talked about Cobb as sort of a poor mans Percy Harvin. I think a lot of his receptions have been of the short variety. similar to a RB in that regard, but he wasnt really that good of a runner.

I just want to point out that we are not far off at all as far as projections for Brown. My mind is never made up about these things either. I am always open to new information.

I expect about 4-7 rush attempts with 8 YPC--maybe a TD maybe not

As for Conklin (believe his name is Jack) I suppose he is a worry for the Titans offense as a whole but he was only an RT not an LT and they did spend 1st round capital on a tackle. Good player but only one elite year if I remember right (2016), and one very good-great one (2019). If the replacement is a blackhole--yes that's an issue but otherwise I think their OL will be fine
Yeah I don't know how much they might miss Conklin. Taylor Lewan is a better player than him and their best lineman. They still have him.

And for Tannehill. Yes he was helped Henry too--didn't deny that, and his efficiency will fall too, but I do think it will still be a step ahead of his Miami days both with better coaching and talent.
I am in a position where I will wait and see how RT does with a larger sample size. I may have some take lock in regards to him and its possible he plays very well for the next few seasons. I am undecided about that.

For Evans, his efficiency was good and he steadily improved as a pass catcher but still only 21 receptions in his final year with a 7.6% target share. 
I agree its not a lot of receptions, but college RB as a whole do not tend to have a lot of receptions in college. I have tried to delve into this looking at targets and so on for some historical perspective. Its not as obvious who is a good receiver and who isn't at the college level. I am not sure where Evans stacks up in that regard. He comes from a small school, so his production has to be viewed within that context, which makes comparing it to other college conferences problematic as well.

He is a player I need to learn more about.He was a top 100 pick, so thats something as far as draft capital invested by teams at the RB position these days.

Jonathan Taylor had 26 receptions with a higher YPR and target share and receiving is frequently cited as a weakness in his profile
Yeah I know people have this criticism of Taylor. I think it is unwarranted and that Taylor will do well as a receiver. better than skeptics may think. They said the same things about Melvin Gordon who turned out to be pretty decent as a receiver.

Obviously pure numbers =/= receiving ability but I don't think he is the kind of specialized receiving back Dion Lewis was and may get more carries due to being a better runner than 2019 Lewis and for the sake of conserving Henry (not much--he will get a huge workload just in garbage time situations now that they have quite a bit of money invested in Henry)

And on vacated targets--if you look above at how a lot of the teams last year with huge vacated target shares and who the beneficiaries were in 2019--it doesn't necessarily go to the same position they came from.
I agree the targets do not have to go to the same positions, there is always change. However when you look at the snap counts and how they have used players in the recent past, I do think there is a connection and some overlap there.

We are not far off at all regarding Brown. I mean its really just a difference of about 10 targets. I do think Corey Davis gets more targets in 2020 than he had in 2019 as another reason to be more conservative in projecting for Brown.

Khari Blasingame is a college RB that the Vikings tried to convert to FB and liked him but in a numbers pinch they cut him. The Titans knew him from all their 'local' tryouts since he played at Vanderbilt. He's a big boy. Not Henry big, but big. He is not there yet as a FB. He can followup a super block with a dud. He's not very fast or quick, but it's enough. He's got great hips and an awesome ability to twist which leads to how he can pretty much catch anything while on a screen but this is poor technique and bit him a few times. He lined out wide a number or times and was part of their big package. He made one terrific catch. So there's a lot of good and "cmon ya gotta practice that and get better' to his game. If he improves everything a little bit, he's the prime backup now and maybe even third down back. Talent wise, he's more like this utility guy that coaches would love. When the games mattered late, they did NOT entrust much of anything to him and that could be something to note too. 
I forgot about this guy. He looked really good in preseason. Good enough to possibly push for CJ Hams job. Obviously the Vikings trusted Ham more. The Titans might have something here in him though.

What are your thoughts on MyCole Pruitt? I know he is very athletic and not just a blocking TE.

Here is an article talking about Pruitt as a draft prospect. Sorry if this is a bit off topic but all of these players are related as far as opportunity goes. I think Pruitt may be a forgotten piece here and a reason why Smith might not get as much opportunity as some are thinking.

eta - Here is an article about Evans where his college coach is interviewed.

JM: He’s a big-time talent. He’s expected to take on a third down role for the Titans. Over his three year career at App State, he had less than 40 catches. That struck me as a little odd because he originally practiced as a slot receiver before he was moved to running back. Was the lack of production in the passing game more a product of the system that you guys ran, or is that something that Titans fans should be concerned about?

GR: No, it was totally due to our system at App State and what we asked him to do. It boils down to what we were good at. We just didn’t really ask him to catch the ball. I certainly think he’s capable of doing that. As a matter of fact, I think that’s a part of his game that’s going to take a big leap at the next level. You’re going to see a big jump from him in that category. It’s an area of his game that has a ton of potential and room to grow. I know that he’s eager to do that because he knows he can do it.

That’s one thing that’s going to be a lot of fun with the Titans. I can’t wait to see how they utilize him. They’re going to improve that part of his game. He certain has the ability to be a weapon in the passing game. There’s no doubt about that.
I was a critic of Miles Sanders not having much receiving production compared to Barkley for Penn State but Sanders did very well as a receiver as a rookie.

What are your thoughts on MyCole Pruitt? I know he is very athletic and not just a blocking TE.
He's the blocking TE and isn't an NFL caliber TE receiver or FB. He doesn't do good with all the bumping and hitting on the move. His athleticism can help him get to spots for blocks but zero for fantasy. I mean teams can't ignore him so he will have a week or two with a TD or a nice play, but he's no good without space. Delanie worked a ton with Jonnu and then with Brown last year. Pruitt gets mentioned every now and again, so I know he's been drilled and taught but he's complaining of PI when other TEs are pushing back, he's struggling to get in front of a DB while other TEs just turn and put a guy on their back. I just don't see it, despite some athleticism to his game. 

Firkser was terrible as a FB and too small as an inline blocker. He's got the Harvard smarts, ya see it. He'll figure out how to get open and fight for any pass he can. In 2018 he had a perfect catch rate against zone and at one point last year was 90 something percent. For a third stringer, he's awesome and a spark off the sideline. Any sort of promotion shows his deficiencies. 

Cole Herdman is a little interesting. He's no stud athlete but he's tough. He's practiced QB and LB as a frosh in college but never played, fifth year senior. Every writeup seems to mention his intelligence and how he graduated early but stayed enrolled for his master's. I think this is a type they're going to try for every year now that Vrabel's comfy- a cerebral tough TE. The backup TEs do not get much live practice time and with their 2 and 3 TE offense, they almost have to have intelligent backups that can learn from afar, process it, and step in. Not a good sign for fantasy, but his HS coach was raving about how he sees the field on special teams and should make an NFL team for special teams alone. I don't want to mislead here, he's been on the Ravens and Lions and IIRC he was on both PS but he just can't get it together to make the active roster and stay there.

Parker Hesse is a former QB that is a big tough boy. They converted him to TE and then DE and idk where he lines up this year. 

Remember the Texans had former QB as TE when Vrabel was there? There's definitely something to this that he clearly likes. No production though and all we really know of results is Arthur Smith thinks it's the best TE room he's ever had so he felt comfortable handing it off when he became OC. Maybe it's the QBs seeing something on film that helps them on gameday? There's gotta be some unseen advantages because Vrabel has a type here.

Jonnu has been injured, as ya know, but he's been injured in games too. He does that "ouch I'm done" two minutes later "I'm good to go" routine that many players do. Pruitt could have some opportunities. If he learns and shows out, he's got a shot but Firkser is a big road block for receptions. It's very weird to have a 3rd TE as such, but it is what it is

Thanks Bri. Maybe I should pump the breaks on Pruitt then based on what you said.

In the article I liked they were saying that Pruitt despite being very productive as a receiver in college ran lazy routes and lacked effort. Those are things that he could improve on, but from what you are saying he hasn't yet.

• Smile
Reactions: Bri
Thanks Bri. Maybe I should pump the breaks on Pruitt then based on what you said.

In the article I liked they were saying that Pruitt despite being very productive as a receiver in college ran lazy routes and lacked effort. Those are things that he could improve on, but from what you are saying he hasn't yet.
I would. 

I forgot a guy above. Tommy Hudson https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/news/tennessee-titans-tommy-hudson-rookie-te

Not a former QB but the intelligence is mentioned

He wasn't at practice today. In my draft yesterday, he fell to WR 23 because of the possible injury at Friday's practice. It didn't sound serious, but no reason was given for today's absence.

Best bets to lead NFL in receiving yards: DJ Moore, A.J. Brown have elite upside

Excerpt:

A.J. Brown (+3300)

A market like this only rewards elite upside, and Brown certainly has that. In 2019, he became only the 15th rookie to record at least 1,050 receiving yards and posted the fourth-best catch rate (61.9%) among those players. He was also incredibly efficient getting there - his 12.51 yards per target ranked third in NFL history (min. 75 targets) by any player since the stat was introduced in 1992.

The Titans' rising star averaged 100.8 yards over his final six games with Ryan Tannehillat the helm. That's a 1,613-yard pace over a full year, which would have led the league in two of the last four seasons. Sure, it won't come that easy over 16 games, but the potential is there for Brown to explode as a long shot.

2020 Fantasy Football: Using advanced metrics to identify five situations worth your attention

Excerpt:

1 - The Tennessee Titans’ play-action efficiency 

Derrick Henry is rightly lauded with praise as a focal point of the Tennessee Titans’ run to the AFC Championship game last year. Just as important, perhaps even more consequential, in that endeavor was the absurd efficiency of the Titans play-action passing game. 

We all know the Ryan Tannehill-led Titans’ aerial attack was nearly unrecognizable from what it was during the moribund Marcus Mariota era. The catalyst was Tannehill’s absurd efficiency on play fakes.

The Titans led the league with 15.2 yards per attempt on play-action throws from Weeks 7 to 17 with Tannehill under center. They were one of only four teams to hit double-digits and were a full three yards ahead of the second-place team. 

The primary beneficiary of those massive gains on play-action throws was then-rookie breakout, A.J. Brown. The hulking wideout led all pass-catchers with 436 receiving yards on play-action plays while gaining 244 yards after the catch. 

Obviously, projecting or even hoping for a repeat of such wild efficiency would be misguided. If you’re optimistic about the Titans passing offense as a whole and Brown, in particular, rolling over some of that momentum in Year 2 together, you need to believe in a volume boost for the unit. Tennessee dictated game scripts to their opponents at will to end 2019. Seeing them forced into more neutral or even negative game scripts will help offset worries. 

The Titans might not be forced into such a situation in Week 1 when they travel to Denver. Brown will likely find himself drawing shadow coverage from a familiar foe in new Broncos No. 1 corner, A.J. Bouye. Last time they met, when Bouye played for the Jaguars, Brown hung 99 of his 135 yards on the veteran corner.

Can we please change the title of this thread, @Interseptopus? There is no ambiguity about who AJ Brown is. I've seen a few of these (Mixon's is most egregious) and IMO it is damaging the SP's usability. So asking nicely. Pretty please. With sugar and cherries and sprinkles/jimmies on top. :D  

I agree I honestly didn't know who the player was when I first clicked on it about a week ago.  Now I know where to found AJ Brown discussion, but it shouldn't be kept as this.

@FBG Moderator could we get some help with the thread title for clarity? Maybe a bit quick on the trigger as it's only been a couple of hours since someone first asked, but figured I'd tag and get the ball rolling.

Let's just go ahead and start a new thread and hope the mods merge them at some point.

In the meantime, here's the link to the last thread for reference. Along with dude bro's highlight reels for those of us lucky (smart?) enough to draft this BEAST for 2020 and beyond. :)    :ph34r:   :boxing:   :football:   :excited:   :banned: :popcorn:   :headbang:    :hijacked:

Titans' Week 1 Injury Report - (coming in hot later today - hoping it'll confirm the new thread title!) - https://www.tennesseetitans.com/team/injury-report/

Full practice today and not listed on injury report. Choo choo!

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2020/9/10/21431240/titans-broncos-thursday-injury-report

The Titans have released their first injury report of the season. Jamil Douglas, Derick Roberson and Kenny Vaccaro are all listed as did not practice. It is important to note here that Vaccaro was listed as “not injury related.”

Vic Beasley was limited with a knee injury. This is the first indication of what has been holding him out to this point. It seems like a long-shot that he would be ready to play in Denver. Corey Davis and Darrynton Evans were both listed as limited participants with hamstring issues. That will be something to monitor the next couple of days.

A.J. Brown Looking To Build On Strong Rookie Year

Tennessee Titans wide receiver A.J. Brown will face a Denver Broncos secondary that lost some talent over the offseason, which could open the door for a strong performance for Brown. While the Titans are one of the most run-heavy teams in the NFL, Brown was still able to accumulate nine touchdowns last season (3rd most in NFL amongst WRs), in large part because of the play-action passing attack. While his target share may be lower than most WR1s on other teams, he's still a good bet to find the end-zone and rack up solid yardage. He's a low-end WR1/WR2 and a solid flex play in the majority of league formats heading into week 1.

--James Stokke - RotoBaller
Source: NFL.com

lol so this guy’s still around, but only to be a smartass in his thread titles. Interesting dynamic that I didn’t see coming 

Users who are viewing this thread