What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Myles Gaskin, MIN (1 Viewer)

But will you call him “Sandman”? 
I appreciate nicknames like that by orders of magnitude over such monikers as ARod, or CDub. Modern sports nicknames are the laziest pieces of dung. "Sandman" at least has some kind of character. Whether this guy deserves it, IDK. I don't think he has much of a future if he can't figure out how to bounce plays when they aren't there.

I appreciate nicknames like that by orders of magnitude over such monikers as ARod, or CDub. Modern sports nicknames are the laziest pieces of dung. "Sandman" at least has some kind of character. Whether this guy deserves it, IDK. I don't think he has much of a future if he can't figure out how to bounce plays when they aren't there.
On this we agree. It is an upgrade over the lazy abbreviations, BHouse. :)  

I haven’t seen him enough to say he’s lacking vision, but per PFF Gaskin is 3rd among RBs in breaking tackles - trailing only Jacobs and Cook, and tied with Zeke.

Looks like Gaskin owners dodged a bullet with Bell signing with KC. Seems pretty clear though that Gaskin’s window of opportunity will end after this year.

Breida is one of the fastest guys in the league.
Speaking of nicknames, I think you mean "Sneetah," part snake, part cheetah, all Breida.

TZ Markie told me he called himself that. I came up with the hook afterwards.

Fire up your Gaskins; it's gonna be a heck of a ride against the Jets. (Who don't do too poorly against the run.)

Speaking of nicknames, I think you mean "Sneetah," part snake, part cheetah, all Breida.

TZ Markie told me he called himself that. I came up with the hook afterwards.

Fire up your Gaskins; it's gonna be a heck of a ride against the Jets. (Who don't do too poorly against the run.)
Sneetah looked fast on this 31 yard revenge screen vs the 49ers last week.  With Bell out of picture, Breida has a chance for an increased role. 

“Sandman”?

why’s every player need a nickname?

Remember Jerry Rice’s nickname? It was Jerry Rice. Now it’s GOAT. 

According to the voiceover in Madden he tried to be “flash 80” as a rookie but it never caught on. 

I refuse to call Gaskin Sandman. We’ll revisit in 3 years to see how he’s doing & whether he’s earned a nickname. 

Now get offa my lawn & turn down that Rap & Roll!  :rant:
There are actually very few players with real nicknames. I don’t count OBJ or Rojo as nicknames. They are just ways to shorten their names for easier typing. 

Getting some lowball dynasty offers thrown at me. Thinking I will hold and would probably only sell for WR3 value or better. Anyone else?

There are actually very few players with real nicknames. I don’t count OBJ or Rojo as nicknames. They are just ways to shorten their names for easier typing. 
The one I hate the most is "Matty Ice".  Not so much "ice", but "Matty".

Getting some lowball dynasty offers thrown at me. Thinking I will hold and would probably only sell for WR3 value or better. Anyone else?
I wouldn't sell low on him, but also wouldn't pass up decent value for dynasty purposes. WR3 seems a bit to be a bit light at this point for a clear cut starting RB (for now).

As mentioned up thread, a big concern about the hot pursuit of Bell is that it points to the desire for a meaningful upgrade over Gaskin.

Last edited by a moderator:
On this we agree. It is an upgrade over the lazy abbreviations, BHouse. :)  
I would have gone with BarHo personally.

One day when you're old enough I'm gonna sit you youngin's down and tell you about a day back when Metallica didn't sell out to their corporate masters fighting against Napster.

A day when they had a studio sound like drinking a broken glass & razorblade milkshake and a bassist named Cliff who was bas### enough to keep it all together with a mosh pit that actually gave us pause before entering. 

Ah, good times. 

Now stop giving players nicknames after 3 games!  :rant:

I would have gone with BarHo personally.
Points for accuracy? 

Poor @barackdhouse - if only he were as cool as Miles Gaskin. 

:(  

Speaking of, "Gas Can" woulda been a better nickname.

Reminds me of "oil can Boyd" who got his nickname in the best way possible: he earned it. Back in Meridian, Mississippi, "oil" was a nickname for a beer. Dennis Boyd was so often seen with a can of beer in his hand, they just started calling him "Oil Can". 

One day when you're old enough I'm gonna sit you youngin's down and tell you about a day back when Metallica didn't sell out to their corporate masters fighting against Napster.

A day when they had a studio sound like drinking a broken glass & razorblade milkshake and a bassist named Cliff who was bas### enough to keep it all together with a mosh pit that actually gave us pause before entering. 

Ah, good times. 

I know about pre black album Metallica. Also I don’t get the issue with a cool nickname. He’s not a nobody. He played pac 10 football and is the starting RB for an NFL team. He’s made it.

Also I don’t get the issue with a cool nickname. He’s not a nobody. He played pac 10 football and is the starting RB for an NFL team. He’s made it.
Meh. He was almost just replaced by Levon Bell. He's a starting running back by default. He hasn't earned a nickname yet. I'm old school like that. 

Sandman is a great nickname because it will work now and later. Sandman now because he’s the ultimate sleeper and later because he will eventually look like he’s running in sand. 

I thought sandman was his nickname in college. Does he have to earn it back once he's in the league league, or do college credentials count? I need answers on this @Hot Sauce Guy

I thought sandman was his nickname in college. Does he have to earn it back once he's in the league league, or do college credentials count? I need answers on this @Hot Sauce Guy
At least 1 season of competence. That's my rule. I shouldn't have to learn a nickname until the following season. Otherwise it's just a head full of nicknames all willynilly and half of the for players who aren't even starting. 

Ah, good times. 

You need to relax, take a deep breath and a shot of your hot sauce.  He wasn't given the nickname Sandman after three games in the NFL.  He was given/earned the nickname in college, at the University of Washington, where he holds school records for 100-rushing-yard games (26), rush attempts (945), yard per rush (10.4), rushing touchdowns (57), rushes of 50+ yards (10), and all-purpose yards (5,878).

You need to relax, take a deep breath and a shot of your hot sauce.  He wasn't given the nickname Sandman after three games in the NFL.  He was given/earned the nickname in college, at the University of Washington, where he holds school records for 100-rushing-yard games (26), rush attempts (945), yard per rush (102.4), rushing touchdowns (57), rushes of 50+ yards (10), and all-purpose yards (5,878).
Shouldn't his nickname be dog-related then? 

Fantasy Football Week 6 Bold Predictions: All systems go for Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Excerpt:

Myles Gaskin feasts on favorable matchup

Dalton Del Don: With Jordan Howard (a healthy scratch last week) possibly no longer stealing goal-line scores and a game-script that should be favorable with the Dolphins big home favorites against a Jets team with Joe Flacco at quarterback and Adam Gase at head coach, Gaskin finishes as a top-10 fantasy RB in Week 6. He has the fourth-most catches and the third-most red-zone touches among backs this season, and the Jets have allowed the fifth-most fantasy points to RBs, so Gaskin ($18) is a DFS target.

Myles Gaskin rushed 18 times for 91 yards in the Dolphins' Week 6 win over the Jets.

He caught all four of his targets for 35 yards in the passing game. With the Dolphins crushing the Jets 24-0, Gaskin was able to set a season high in rushing yards, and his 18 carries were the second-most of his young season. He has at least 20 touches in three of the last four games. Gaskin has settled in as a solid RB2 ahead of the bye before a date with the Rams in Week 8.

Oct 18, 2020, 7:49 PM ET

So what do people think the impact on Gaskin will be with Tua starting?  Will he still throw dump-offs to RB's or will he take off and run when spooked instead?

Users who are viewing this thread