What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Myles Gaskin, MIN (1 Viewer)

Dynasty PPR, where would you place his value?  He is still young, but looks to be pretty average, IMO.  He's getting good volume this year, but doesn't seem like anyone expects him to be the long-term answer.

Dynasty PPR, where would you place his value?  He is still young, but looks to be pretty average, IMO.  He's getting good volume this year, but doesn't seem like anyone expects him to be the long-term answer.
I traded him for a '21 2nd round pick and felt happy about it. Agree he doesn't seem to be a long term answer. 

Yep. I didn't pick him up in any dynasties but if I did I'd want to flip immediately for whatever I could get. He is helping me in redraft bigtime but I just don't think he is very good. He has got enough volume that I expected him to make a couple bigger plays by now and he just hasn't. He gets what's blocked that's it.

I've got him in a dynasty league where I'm in 1st place, and I've unsuccessfully tried to package him off in trades.    That's fine, as he's been a serviceable but unexciting starter.   

Why is Gaskin rated so far ahead of Melvin Gordon this week on FFG?  I know Lindsay might cut his role in half, but Gaskin faces the Rams and I just don't expect Miami to do much in their first game with Tua against a good defense (could be wrong).  Thoughts, just thought this was interesting (non PPR league).

Well, this the week. Enter the Sandman. Finally rolling this dude out in flex. Tua is a massive wild card, will be very curious what the offense looks like. I'll be thrilled with 80 total and a touch.

Why is Gaskin rated so far ahead of Melvin Gordon this week on FFG?  I know Lindsay might cut his role in half, but Gaskin faces the Rams and I just don't expect Miami to do much in their first game with Tua against a good defense (could be wrong).  Thoughts, just thought this was interesting (non PPR league).
I'm assuming it's Lindsey return? I actually think the Fish will be at an advantage with two weeks to prep the Tua offense and take Rams by surprise until adjustments are made. Fish a good first half bet perhaps?

Myles Gaskin rushed 18 times for 47 yards and one touchdown in the Dolphins' Week 8 win over the Rams.

He added three catches for 16 yards on a team-high six targets in the passing game. Tua Tagovailoa threw the ball just 22 times in his first career start, leaving Gaskin as the engine of the offense. His 21 touches marked the fourth time in the last five games Gaskin has registered 20-plus touches. Gaskin's one-yard touchdown plunge was his second in three games since Jordan Howard was benched and made inactive. Gaskin has settled in as a weekly RB2, but he needs Tagovailoa to play better moving forward. The Dolphins go to Arizona in Week 9.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
The Miami Herald reports Myles Gaskin will miss three games with a sprained MCL. 

Gaskin will presumably be stashed on injured reserve. The Dolphins acquired Chiefs RB DeAndre Washington out of left field on Tuesday. Now we know why. It's a big blow for the Dolphins, as Gaskin has become their clear-cut lead back, to the point where Jordan Howard has been a healthy scratch. OC Chain Gailey will now be forced to duct tape and glue a backfield together out of Howard, Matt Breida, Patrick Laird and Washington. It's a supremely unimpressive collection of talent. Howard will offer last-ditch RB3/FLEX appeal, though hopefully Breida will be the touch leader. Breida is worth a gander in the majority of leagues where he is on the waiver wire. If Gaskin adheres to his timeline, he will miss games against the Cardinals, Chargers and Broncos before returning in Week 12 against the lowly Jets. However, it's unlikely he will simply slide back into his old role at that point, making him an uncertain hold in 10-12 team leagues.  

- Barry Jackson

Had a feeling something might have been up with Gaskin after he limped off the last play of the game.

Breida has talent and has shown his speed on a couple of plays in Miami. And over 2+ seasons in SF.

My guess is 50% Breida, with a mix of Laird, Howard and the 2 gadget guys, Malcolm Perry and Bowden. DeAndre Washington's in play the following week.

Ugh. Well, Sandman, it was a nice ride while it lasted. I thank you for your service. 

I need CMC back in the worst way.

Yeah, I think Gaskin is going to be Wally Pipped. Except for a bunch of guys who combined are about a quarter of Gehrig.

Dolphins placed Myles Gaskin (knee) on injured reserve.

This explains why the team inexplicably swooped in to acquire DeAndre Washington prior to Tuesday's trade deadline. Gaskin handled 64 of Miami's 90 backfield touches the past three games without Jordan Howard — a role that will now be split between Matt Breida, Patrick Laird, Salvon Ahmed and Howard for at least the next three games. Barring any unexpected setbacks, Gaskin is scheduled to return for Week 12 against the Jets.

SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter

Nov 5, 2020, 8:51 AM ET

is he worth keeping in redraft or just drop him?

they are saying minimum of 3 games now and as much as gailey seems to love him, seems like maybe a 10% chance that he could get his volume back at any point this season and that is really what his main value was...

my WW is super bare and we have 2 IR spots, so I'm holding.

But I can't imagine he'll be a slam dunk start (even as a flex) once he comes back.

Who knows if he gets the full time gig when he gets back. I'm holding in re-draft with lots of skepticism. He was a great pick up though, thanks a bunch Sandman!

Long Ball Larry said:
is he worth keeping in redraft or just drop him?

they are saying minimum of 3 games now and as much as gailey seems to love him, seems like maybe a 10% chance that he could get his volume back at any point this season and that is really what his main value was...
I guess it depends how Howard/Breida/Washington perform in his absence. I think Washington may actually do reasonably well and force an RBBC.

People still hanging onto Gaskin?

Had picked him up in the hopes that I had a starting RB down the stretch when he's potentially back next week. Great schedule coming up.

That said, looks like Breida is back and Ahmed is in the mix. Could see a three headed committee when he does return.

Have issues. Want to hold but tempted to drop.

People still hanging onto Gaskin?

Had picked him up in the hopes that I had a starting RB down the stretch when he's potentially back next week. Great schedule coming up.

That said, looks like Breida is back and Ahmed is in the mix. Could see a three headed committee when he does return.

Have issues. Want to hold but tempted to drop.
Breida hasn't gotten more than a few touches a game regardless of anyone's health.  I'm holding because I have the roster space and RB's are valuable.  He could come in handy down the stretch if someone else gets injured.  But let's be real.  Gaskin never lit the world on fire even when he was the man there, at least in my non PPR league.  He was serviceable but that was about it.

Breida hasn't gotten more than a few touches a game regardless of anyone's health.  I'm holding because I have the roster space and RB's are valuable.  He could come in handy down the stretch if someone else gets injured.  But let's be real.  Gaskin never lit the world on fire even when he was the man there, at least in my non PPR league.  He was serviceable but that was about it.
If he gets his job back fully he should be a consistent low-end RB2.  The match-ups make it even more attractive.  Plus I think the Dolphins are running more now with Tua than with Fitz.  It's also possible he doesn't come back next week, even if he is eligible.  I have him in my IR spot so no problem hanging on to see what happens, but if it's a regular bench spot it's more of a concern.  

He's definitely worth holding onto if you can spare the spot and don't see anybody on the WW that excites you.  But there's a chance he won't be back for a while, and also a chance he ends up in a time share.

I think you have to hope that Ahmed starts to struggle, because one has to think he’s earned at least part of the pie going forward, if not the starting gig outright.

I think you have to hope that Ahmed starts to struggle, because one has to think he’s earned at least part of the pie going forward, if not the starting gig outright.
Except he doesn't catch. Gaskin still the RB to own in my opinion.

He caught 5 balls yesterday. So maybe I was wrong. 
Ahmed caught 21 passes in a part time role behind Gaskin in 2018. They only had 2 WRs and Drew Sample with more catches that season. That's a pretty decent share for a college RB. 

I haven't watched yesterday's game yet, but I'm not surprised he struggled a bit more. Miami run blocking is a work in progress when not facing the swiss cheese chargers defense. 

Myles Gaskin (knee, I.R.) returned to practice Wednesday.

He was in a red non-contact jersey, but this would seem to open his 21-day window for activation. Gaskin sprained his MCL in Week 8 and has missed the last three games. He's eligible to return at any moment now. Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) missed Dolphins practice Wednesday. We'd guess Gaskin is probably at least another week away.

SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter

Nov 25, 2020, 1:49 PM ET

Gaskins out week 12

“The Miami Dolphins did not activate RB Myles Gaskin (MCL) off IR Saturday by 4:00 PM EST, so he will be out on Sunday vs. the Jets. (Barry Jackson on Twitter)”

Link

(Re)Enter Sandman? I can't find reports as to whether he is practicing this week and I need any warm body at RB that I can get. Does anyone have news on him?

(Re)Enter Sandman? I can't find reports as to whether he is practicing this week and I need any warm body at RB that I can get. Does anyone have news on him?
I'm actually hoping no news today with IR status so others shy away from him. He's a solid RB 2 this week in my book. I had to drop him last week when Andrews went on Covid IR. Arghhhh! Want him back.

He practiced yesterday with some kind of compression sleeve on his knee apparently. However, Amhed practiced as well. D. Washington didn't.

Really need Gaskin this week in my flex. Ideally Ahmed out, but looking like he could be in the mix.

I'm actually hoping no news today with IR status so others shy away from him. He's a solid RB 2 this week in my book. I had to drop him last week when Andrews went on Covid IR. Arghhhh! Want him back.

He practiced yesterday with some kind of compression sleeve on his knee apparently. However, Amhed practiced as well. D. Washington didn't.

Really need Gaskin this week in my flex. Ideally Ahmed out, but looking like he could be in the mix.
-I don't know of him practicing yet and also he is still listed on Injured Reserve, maybe he has been set to come off it? But he still clearly is on injured reserve. 

-I did find the blurb about the compression sleeve but let's take a step back...Gaskin is not on the 53-Man roster right now and they don't have to say if he participated at all or to what length or degree as I enter Exhibit "A" as it lists all injured players for both teams this week and to what degree they participated and Gaskin isn't even on this list yet so I don't see him playing in Week 13 vs a team Miami in theory should roll with their eyes closed. 

I would be more interested in a 1 week rental of Washington assuming Ahmed is not 100% either. 

-I don't know of him practicing yet and also he is still listed on Injured Reserve, maybe he has been set to come off it? But he still clearly is on injured reserve. 

-I did find the blurb about the compression sleeve but let's take a step back...Gaskin is not on the 53-Man roster right now and they don't have to say if he participated at all or to what length or degree as I enter Exhibit "A" as it lists all injured players for both teams this week and to what degree they participated and Gaskin isn't even on this list yet so I don't see him playing in Week 13 vs a team Miami in theory should roll with their eyes closed. 

I would be more interested in a 1 week rental of Washington assuming Ahmed is not 100% either. 
This is from yesterday:

Cameron Wolfe

@CameronWolfe

Tua Tagovailoa practiced today wearing black tape around his left wrist & lower part of his left thumb. DeAndre Washington wasn’t spotted at practice. Salvon Ahmed (shoulder), Solomon Kindley (foot) returned to practice. Myles Gaskin practiced w/ compression sleeve on left leg.

If Gaskin plays, I think his production may disappoint because, as mentioned above, I think Ahmed will very much also be in the mix.

What the hell is Flores waiting for on a Gaskin decision? Strange. Need this guy this week. 

DWash and Ahmed look to be out. 

Breida could be the last man standing. And of course, I just dropped him.

Cameron Wolfe

@CameronWolfe

Brian Flores indicates QB — Tua or Fitz — may be game-time decision. DeAndre Washington, Salvon Ahmed both doubtful for Sunday vs. Bengals. Matt Breida has an illness that forced him to miss practice. There will be a decision this weekend on whether to activate Myles Gaskin.

If Gaskin hasn’t been activated yet, then clearly Flores isn’t sure he’s ready yet. And against the Bengals, if he plays, he’ll probably be slated for a big workload. Guessing that Flores probably wants to make sure he is up to the task health wise.

If Gaskin hasn’t been activated yet, then clearly Flores isn’t sure he’s ready yet. And against the Bengals, if he plays, he’ll probably be slated for a big workload. Guessing that Flores probably wants to make sure he is up to the task health wise.
Or Flores is trying to make it more difficult for the Bengals' DC.

That, of course, also makes it more difficult for Gaskin FFB owners.

Funny how Tremblay, Dodds, and Bloom all have him highly rated this week even now. There's something they must know that the rest of us don't, yet. 

What the hell is Flores waiting for on a Gaskin decision? Strange. Need this guy this week. 

DWash and Ahmed look to be out. 

Breida could be the last man standing. And of course, I just dropped him.

Cameron Wolfe

@CameronWolfe

Brian Flores indicates QB — Tua or Fitz — may be game-time decision. DeAndre Washington, Salvon Ahmed both doubtful for Sunday vs. Bengals. Matt Breida has an illness that forced him to miss practice. There will be a decision this weekend on whether to activate Myles Gaskin.
Flo seems to be a mini BB with regards to disclosing injury updates, and there's no reason to activate him before Saturday since he can practice before being activated. Hopefully he's ready, but not making a roster decision until the last moment is par for the course with Flo. 

Flo seems to be a mini BB with regards to disclosing injury updates, and there's no reason to activate him before Saturday since he can practice before being activated. Hopefully he's ready, but not making a roster decision until the last moment is par for the course with Flo. 
It's SOP for most teams.  No reason to activate the guy before Saturday even if he is absolutely 100%.  There's always a chance he gets a different injury before then, and once you've activated him, you're stuck with him, unless you put him on IR again for another 3 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread