What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time (3 Viewers)

Conan and Arsenio were robbed.  Conan in particular is a brilliant late night talk show host.  Hard to argue against the top 3 you had and I think you got them in the right order.  Conan and Ferguson should have been battling in that next tier.

I loved the Larry Sanders show.  It was not a talk show.  It should have received the John Oliver treatment (who I also love by the way). 

Rankings no one asked for:

• Carson
  • Letterman
  • Oprah
  • Cavett
  • Conan
  • Ferguson
  • Philbin
  • Maher
  • Stewart
  • Griffin
  • Arsenio
  • Colbert
  • Zach
  • Donahue
  • Sanders
  • Oliver

Conan in particular is a brilliant late night talk show host. 
He almost killed the Tonight Show.  How brilliant is that?   

Arsenio was OK.  Can't really rob anyone that lasts only five years.

Neither reached a huge demographic at all.  They did well with the tiny niche they carved out.

Conan in particular is a brilliant late night talk show host. 
He almost killed the Tonight Show.  How brilliant is that?   

Arsenio was OK.  Can't really rob anyone that lasts only five years.

Neither reached a huge demographic at all.  They did well with the tiny niche they carved out.
Jay Leno ran the Tonight Show for 27 years.  I notice no one drafted him. It's not about the sheer number of viewers (although that surely has to be a component). Conan was the spiritual successor to Letterman (not as good mind you) in that he would go way outside the box with his stuff. I really enjoyed it but understand it is subjective.  But to put him 2nd from last in this list I think is just wrong.

After I ranked them I noticed that I didn't have Arsenio much higher (maybe 4 or 5 spots) because there are a lot of good hosts in this list.  I'm not sure how a scripted talk show would count as a talk show.  Was The Office available as a documentary?

Anyway, not trying to criticize every little detail, all the judges I think are doing a good job.  Conan at that rank just really stood out to me as an egregious miss.

Jack Paar would have been interesting to rank.  I know he's before everyone's time (except for @wikkidpissah ) but the shows I've seen of his were incredible and still stand up well today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay Leno ran the Tonight Show for 27 years.  I notice no one drafted him. It's not about the sheer number of viewers (although that surely has to be a component). Conan was the spiritual successor to Letterman (not as good mind you) in that he would go way outside the box with his stuff. I really enjoyed it but understand it is subjective.  But to put him 2nd from last in this list I think is just wrong.

After I ranked them I noticed that I didn't have Arsenio much higher (maybe 4 or 5 spots) because there are a lot of good hosts in this list.  I'm not sure how a scripted talk show would count as a talk show.  Was The Office available as a documentary?

Anyway, not trying to criticize every little detail, all the judges I think are doing a good job.  Conan at that rank just really stood out to me as an egregious miss.

Jack Paar would have been interesting to rank.  I know he's before everyone's time (except for @wikkidpissah ) but the shows I've seen of his were incredible and still stand up will today.
I had Arsenio 2 spots lower than you did.  I had Conan one spot higher than that at 5th.  Had a hard time putting him higher than that.

Paar, Steve Allen, Kimmel, Leno, Ellen and Larry King would have been interesting picks to have judged also.

Jack Paar would have been interesting to rank.  I know he's before everyone's time (except for @wikkidpissah ) but the shows I've seen of his were incredible and still stand up will today.
I had Arsenio 2 spots lower than you did.  I had Conan one spot higher than that at 5th.  Had a hard time putting him higher than that.

Paar, Steve Allen, Kimmel, Leno, Ellen and Larry King would have been interesting picks to have judged also.
Hope I haven't offended you, I know how hard judging is.  I may well be the outlier on Conan but I thought he had broader appeal.

I'm not sure how a scripted talk show would count as a talk show. 
I may be wrong but I feel this comment is about my choice of Zach Gallifnakis.

Most talk shows are as formulaic as any scripted show going (we'd probably have to go back to early Letterman for any real sense of spontaneity, though I guess it would be fair to include Craig Ferguson), so I'm not sure there's any real difference outside of the perception of the viewer, but I did wait until the last round to pick Gallifnakis just in case this was the prevailing mindset. They all know what exactly they're going to talk about with the guest(s) that are coming on the show, and many times it's nothing more than pimping their latest movie/book/TV show/song, etc. If anything, Between Two Ferns is more closely related to **** Cavett's show than what passes for talk shows currently.

FWIW, I considered Steve Allen as well, but after getting burned by Cecil B. DeMille in another draft I was gunshy about taking another big-name pioneer in his field. He probably would have gotten a hipster bump for introducing Frank Zappa to the world.

I may be wrong but I feel this comment is about my choice of Zach Gallifnakis.

Most talk shows are as formulaic as any scripted show going (we'd probably have to go back to early Letterman for any real sense of spontaneity, though I guess it would be fair to include Craig Ferguson), so I'm not sure there's any real difference outside of the perception of the viewer, but I did wait until the last round to pick Gallifnakis just in case this was the prevailing mindset. They all know what exactly they're going to talk about with the guest(s) that are coming on the show, and many times it's nothing more than pimping their latest movie/book/TV show/song, etc. If anything, Between Two Ferns is more closely related to **** Cavett's show than what passes for talk shows currently.

FWIW, I considered Steve Allen as well, but after getting burned by Cecil B. DeMille in another draft I was gunshy about taking another big-name pioneer in his field. He probably would have gotten a hipster bump for introducing Frank Zappa to the world.
Nope, I should have been more specific (and I think I did mention in one of my too many posts about this).  It was Larry Sanders I was talking about (and again I love that show, but it was a comedy about a talk show).  Zach's show was largely unscripted so I ranked it in the middle.  I definitely like it, but the sporadic nature of it I felt took away from the ranking.

Nope, I should have been more specific (and I think I did mention in one of my too many posts about this).  It was Larry Sanders I was talking about (and again I love that show, but it was a sitcom about a talk show).  Zach's show was largely unscripted so I ranked it in the middle.  I definitely like it, but the sporadic nature of it I felt took away from the ranking.
I forgot about Larry Sanders.  I think what would throw me is the 'show within a show' aspect to it.  Larry himself as a host didn't really seem all that memorable, so I think you ranked him right.

Ill take my 1. BUT, the primetime Emmy awards dont really see it the same way as you. Last week tonight won this award

The Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Variety Talk Series is an award presented to the best television variety-style talk show of the year.

Since John Oliver is the host of the show, I figured he was indeed a talk show host. 

Should have gone with Howard Stern. His E show was the best. 
Last week tonight is number one with a bullet over any of those other shows. But really not a talk show in the same tradition. So hard to fault the judges here. 

Give me Last Week, Northern Exposure and Schoolhouse Rock and I’ll be a very happy Timdraft loser.  

Getzlaf15 said:
15 pts - David Letterman
cant put the deconstructor ahead of the constructor, but i would. most important entertainer of his gen
Never liked how he had to whine and tell us all how good he was all the time.
?

i must have watched a different Letterman. I don’t remember that ever happening. He was the king of self deprecation, matter of fact.

Conan and Arsenio were robbed.  Conan in particular is a brilliant late night talk show host.  Hard to argue against the top 3 you had and I think you got them in the right order.  Conan and Ferguson should have been battling in that next tier.

I loved the Larry Sanders show.  It was not a talk show.  It should have received the John Oliver treatment (who I also love by the way). 

Rankings no one asked for:

• Carson
  • Letterman
  • Oprah
  • Cavett
  • Conan
  • Ferguson
  • Philbin
  • Maher
  • Stewart
  • Griffin
  • Arsenio
  • Colbert
  • Zach
  • Donahue
  • Sanders
  • Oliver
I don’t really like Jay Leno but pretty shocked he wasn’t drafted.

Comedy - 1991 to 2020

Let’s just start out with me saying this is an extremely difficult exercise as these shows are all classics and deserve the recognition they get here and otherwise. A lot of the margins in the rankings will be extremely thin. Anything ranked towards the bottom of the list is merely a reflection of such a strong field, not that show itself.

My rankings will be mostly subjective (75%) and will be based on the writing, acting, overall series run, memorable characters and of course, finally, how funny the show was. I’ll also add some level of objectivity (25%), to be fair about it, which will be based on general reputation of the shows, Emmy wins and where it ranks on the IMDb all time comedy rankings – which runs across all eras.

Noticeable Omissions: News Radio; How I Met You Mother; Married With Children; Coach; The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire; Episodes.

1 point - Community (IMDb Rank: 128)

“Cool. Cool cool cool.”

I’m not a fan of Joel McHale – I find him pretty annoying - which put this show at a tremendous disadvantage to start with. The show itself was a little too derivative of other popular shows that came before it (including Scrubs and Family Guy) with its irreverence, parody “skits” interspersed within the show and random pop culture references. It was usually good for a few laughs here and there but I prefer a little more substance in my sitcoms.

The show struggled to get ratings but had a niche following. It won one Emmy in its six seasons for writing (of one episode).

2 points - Weeds (IMDb Rank: 80)

“Nance, trust me, a bakery is almost impossible to run without drug money”

Weeds was more of a dramedy or dark comedy than a sitcom but it is a comedy for this purpose. It’s the story of a widowed mother that turns to selling marijuana to support herself and her two boys. The show was more interesting than funny to me. For full disclosure I did not have Showtime while this was on and only watched a few episodes during a free preview period. I liked it but not enough to pay for Showtime. So this is the only show where I didn’t see at least multiple seasons but given objective standards I think this is a fair placement.

The show only won one Emmy and that was for cinematography.

3 points - That 70s Show (IMDb Rank: 162)

“This has nothing to do with you being a foreigner. This is about you taking advantage of my daughter like a sneaky foreigner”

Once you get past the gimmick of the show taking place in the 70s, this is just your standard “group of friends” sitcom. I really like this show a lot from the visuals  (the circle was always fun – wonder what they were doing?) to the excellent cast but it’s competing with a bunch of great shows and this is a case where the margin between 14th ranked show and cracking the Top 10 is just so small. Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis were the breakout stars but the most memorable character is the grouchy sharp tongued father Red Foreman played by veteran character actor Kurtwood Smith. Oddly enough the producers wanted Chuck Norris in the role as Red but the actor was contractually obligated to Walker, Texas Ranger.

The show got decent ratings for fledgling Network FOX but only won one Emmy during it’s run and that was for costume design.

4 points - It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (IMDb Rank: 119)

“What’s up, #####es?”

This is surely the wackiest show on the list. Believe it or not the series will become the longest-running live-action comedy series in American television history when its fifteenth season hits. It’s yet another “group of friends” comedy only this time it’s a bunch of unlikeable narcissists that are more cartoon characters than real people. It introduced the great Danny DeVito to a new generation after he joined the cast in Season 2. The show does not hide the fact that these five people have no sense of shame and no sense of morality which automatically gave it a connection with Seinfeld – and it’s been called “Seinfeld on crack” as a result. It hurts to put this low because it's a great show.

The show has a cult following and 15 seasons is nothing to sneeze at – but it’s also well received by critics. However, it has not won any Emmys.

5 points - Everybody Loves Raymond (IMDb Rank: 22)

“Holy crap!”

Everybody Loves Raymond is a family comedy that basically for the most part ignores the Barone family’s three children and focus on the relationship between Ray, his wife, his parents and brother. The jokes centered mostly around Ray’s invasive parents and his brother’s sense of jealously over his parents preferring Ray to him. This was a show I didn’t particularly like as much as the masses at the time (I liked it slightly better in reruns) – it was a bit too corny and predictable for me, but there’s no denying its popularity and place in television history.

Raymond was consistently a top 10 show during its time. During its nine seasons, Everybody Loves Raymond was nominated for 69 Primetime Emmy Awards, winning 15 of them, including 10 for acting. 

6 points - Scrubs (IMDb Rank: 59)

“I don't know. Is it sexist to hold the door for a woman? Is it sexist to keep the attractive nurses and let go of a few uggos? The rules are changing so fast I just can't keep up.”

Scrubs is a sitcom based upon a fictional teaching hospital, known for its fast paced slapstick comedy as well as visualizing the daydreams of its characters through flashes of vignettes. Behind it all there was a lot of heart and character development. Zach Braff became a breakout star but the ensemble cast was outstanding notably veteran character actor John C. McGinley as Dr. Perry Cox.  

Scrubs received 17 Emmy nominations, in categories such as casting, cinematography, directing, editing, and writing, winning only two. It was critically lauded and had a cult following to the point that when NBC cancelled it, it was picked up for two more seasons on ABC.

7 points - The Larry Sanders Show (IMDb Rank: 16)

“Hey now!”

The Larry Sanders Show was one of the original flagship series on HBO. The show was created by and starred the late great Gary Shandling as the fictional titular talk show host, Larry Sanders. It featured real life TV and movie stars who were appearing on the late night show but the heart of the show centered on Larry, his “Ed McMahon” Hank Kingsley and the show’s producer Arthur played masterfully by Rip Torn.

The show received universal acclaim from critics and is often regarded as an influential and landmark series. It ranked 38 on TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time, the only HBO comedy to make the list,  and was also included in Time magazine's list of the "100 Best TV Shows of All Time".  It also received 56 Primetime Emmy Awards nominations.

8 points - Parks and Recreation (IMDb Rank: 75)

“Treat Yo-Self”

This show was sort of a The Office rip-off (both shows were created by Greg Daniels and Parks and Rec was originally conceived as a spin-off) but the characters were so good and the jokes were so laugh out loud funny that I still can’t rank it much lower despite being a bit derivative. At its heart it was a political satire but was also a classic workplace sitcom. The show also took some chances, namely casting Indian actor Aziz Ansari to play a non-stereotypical character with a generic “white” name, Tom Haveford (with no explanation). Nick Offerman’s understated government hating and off the grid character Ron Swanson is legendary for his one-liners.

The show had more of a cult following than being a ratings smash when originally televised but was one of the third most streamed show on Netflix as recently as 2018.

9 points - Arrested Development (IMDb Rank: 34)

“I *deceived* you. "Tricked" makes it sound like we have a playful relationship.”

The show follows the Bluths, a formerly wealthy dysfunctional family. Jason Bateman is the star as son Michael the only responsible and normal member of the Bluth family. It is presented in a serialized format, incorporating handheld camera work, voice-over narration, archival photos and historical footage- making it pretty unique. The show maintains numerous running gags and catchphrases making the viewer pay close attention in order to get jokes down the line. Ron Howard served as both an executive producer and the show’s narrator – another aspect making it pretty unique.

The show, while critically acclaimed, did not gain a sizable audience. In 2004, the first season received seven Emmy Award nominations with five wins. It won for Outstanding Comedy Series, Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series, Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series, Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Comedy Series and Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series.

10 points - Modern Family (IMDb Rank: 20)

“Gotta fix that step.”

Another in the line of “mockumentary” style sitcoms that became popular after the success of The Office, this show followed the extended Pritchard family – with one nuclear family, one blended family and one homosexual couple. The show had great characters and performances and was generally laugh out loud funny.

The show won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series in each of its first five years and the Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series four times, twice each for Eric Stonestreet and Ty Burrell, as well as the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series twice for Julie Bowen. It won a total of 22 Emmy awards from 75 nominations. 

11 points  - 30 Rock (IMDb Rank: 21)

“You know how the media is, one little mistake and that’s all they’ll talk about. No one ever brings up Hitler’s paintings.”

“You can’t have a Lemon Party without old ****”

30 Rock is a satirical sitcom television series created by the show’s star, Tina Fey. The series, based on Fey's experiences as head writer for Saturday Night Live, takes place behind the scenes of a fictional live sketch comedy show depicted as airing on NBC. The show uses surreal humor to parody the complex corporate structure of NBC and its then parent company General Electric and mercilessly skewers both companies. The show had a great ensemble cast but for me Alec Baldwin as NBC executive Jack Donaghy steals the show. Baldwin’s comedic timing is genius.

Capping its critically successful first season, 30 Rock won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series (which it would win twice more). In 2008, 30 Rock completed a sweep of the major awards at the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards. The show won Outstanding Comedy Series, Alec Baldwin was recognized as Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, and Tina Fey was given the award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series. This marked the eighth time in the history of the Primetime Emmy Awards that a show won best series plus best lead actor and actress.

12 points - Fraiser (IMDb Rank: 14)

“Scrambled eggs all over my face; what is a boy to do?”

Fraser was of course a spin-off of Cheers. The show followed psychiatrist Fraser Crane to his hometown Seattle where he started a new career as a self-help radio host. It dealt with the relationship between Fraser and his “clone” brother and his ex-cop everyman father. The show featured guest star appearances by former Cheers characters but was a vehicle for star Kelsey Grammar’s brilliant portrayal.  When the series ended in 2004, Grammer had portrayed the character of Frasier Crane for a total of 20 years, including his nine seasons on Cheers plus a one time performance as the character on the series Wings which earned Grammer an Emmy nomination; at the time, he tied James Arness' portrayal of Matt Dillon on Gunsmoke for the longest-running character on primetime television. The record has since been surpassed in animation by the voice cast of The Simpsons, and in live action by Richard Belzer's portrayal of John Munch and Mariska Hargitay's portrayal of Olivia Benson (both on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, among several other series). 

The series won a total of 37 Primetime Emmy Awards during its 11-year run, breaking the record long held by CBS' The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

13 points - Curb Your Enthusiasm (IMDb Rank: 40)

“The Jets killed Carl”

Larry David may be the least likely television star around, but he’s made the transition from the creator/writer of one of the most popular shows of all time, Seinfeld, to the star of his own show were he plays a fictionalized version of himself that may not be quite so fictionalized. The plots and sub-plots of the episodes are established in an outline written by David and others, and the dialogue is largely improvised by the actors. It gives a sort of natural feel to the episodes. The show has been one of the flagship HBO series and has lasted even longer than Seinfeld. Cracks me up.

It has been nominated for 38 Primetime Emmy Awards.

14 points Friends (IMDb Rank: 11)

“I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?”

I think it was “cool” to bash on this show at one point, but it has stood the test of time and is still one of the most popular syndicated and streaming shows out there. There isn’t much of a “situation” in this sitcom, as it literally just follow the lives of a group of friends but has had many ebbs and flows between the characters and is a show where you generally grow to love all of the characters and openly root for them to succeed – and it’s damn funny. I actually think it holds up better than Seinfeld in reruns for whatever reason, but just doesn’t match the humor and intelligence of the show it was most compared to during it’s run.

Friends received acclaim throughout its run, becoming one of the most popular television shows of all time. The series was nominated for 62 Primetime Emmy Awards, winning the Outstanding Comedy Series award in 2002 for its eighth season.

15 points - The Office (IMDb Rank: 29)

“The day shift at a strip club? You can’t unsee that.”

“That’s what she said”

To this day I’ll still watch reruns of this show and laugh my ### off despite having seen some of the episodes more than 20 times and knowing what the joke will be. This show started the mockumentary trend for better of for worse, but here it works well with the “interviews” mixed into the shows. The most cringeworthy show of all time. After Steve Carrell the quality of the show did drop off but upon re-watching on reruns, it was not quite as big of a drop-off as it seemed during it’s initial run. James Spader was golden during those years. Even the minor players like Creed, Kevin and Stanley had lines that rivaled some of the great sitcom characters of all-time.

The Office won four Primetime Emmy Awards, including one for Outstanding Comedy Series in 2006.

16 points -  Seinfeld (IMDb Rank: 1)

“ My name is George, I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.”

I’m sure everyone saw this ranking coming from a mile away. I will admit that maybe I saw every episode too many times because I hardly laugh at all when I catch a re-run on television now, but in it’s heyday during its NBC run and for years at 11:00 pm on WPIX, I may have never laughed harder. This was the intelligent man’s sitcom as some of the jokes were written on a separate level, in that they may not have played out at first but something later in the episode would make you think back and “get it”. It featured four of the most memorable characters of all time with ironically the comedian playing the straight man.

TV Guide named it the greatest TV show of all time in 2002 and in 2013, the magazine ranked it as the second greatest TV show. It was awarded the Emmy for Outstanding Comedy Series in 1993.

1.      Seinfeld – 16 Points

2.      The Office – 15 Points

3.      Friends – 14 Points

4.      Curb Your Enthusiasm – 13 Points

5.      Fraiser – 12 Points

6.      30 Rock – 11 Points

7.      Modern Family – 10 Points

8.      Arrested Development – 9 Points

9.      Parks and Recreation – 8 Points

10.  The Larry Sanders Show – 7 Points

11.  Scrubs – 6 Points

12.  Everybody Loves Raymond – 5 Points

13.  It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia – 4 Points

14.  That 70s Show – 3 Points

15.  Weeds – 2 Points

16.  Community – 1 Point

great work. i disagree in places but, essentially, you have the shows that unfunny people like in the right spots

3 points - That 70s Show (IMDb Rank: 162)

Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis were the breakout stars but the most memorable character is the grouchy sharp tongued father Red Foreman played by veteran character actor Kurtwood Smith.
the breakout star for me was Donna - a truly hot girl, good girl AND nice girl. this was the unicorn for my gen - a beautiful young woman who didnt fall into how society wanted pretty girls to be and didnt mind finding boys gross so much that she actually helped them deal. there was one of these - who was hotter in a flannel shirt, pigtails and glasses than Miss Ultimo Blondie in her prom dress - in my HS class and i chased her sooooo hard (and i was already dating someone 19x out of my league). now i've had great romantic luck - had messy carhood sex with an above-the-title actress and Rosanna Arquette pass out in my lap after patting my pouch - and i would trade all the fancy to make out w Karen Schmehl on the porch for ten minutes.  :heart:  me some Donna

4 points - It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (IMDb Rank: 119)

“What’s up, #####es?”

This is surely the wackiest show on the list. Believe it or not the series will become the longest-running live-action comedy series in American television history when its fifteenth season hits. It’s yet another “group of friends” comedy only this time it’s a bunch of unlikeable narcissists that are more cartoon characters than real people. It introduced the great Danny DeVito to a new generation after he joined the cast in Season 2. The show does not hide the fact that these five people have no sense of shame and no sense of morality which automatically gave it a connection with Seinfeld – and it’s been called “Seinfeld on crack” as a result. It hurts to put this low because it's a great show.

The show has a cult following and 15 seasons is nothing to sneeze at – but it’s also well received by critics. However, it has not won any Emmys.

5 points - Everybody Loves Raymond (IMDb Rank: 22)

“Holy crap!”

Everybody Loves Raymond is a family comedy that basically for the most part ignores the Barone family’s three children and focus on the relationship between Ray, his wife, his parents and brother. The jokes centered mostly around Ray’s invasive parents and his brother’s sense of jealously over his parents preferring Ray to him. This was a show I didn’t particularly like as much as the masses at the time (I liked it slightly better in reruns) – it was a bit too corny and predictable for me, but there’s no denying its popularity and place in television history.

Raymond was consistently a top 10 show during its time. During its nine seasons, Everybody Loves Raymond was nominated for 69 Primetime Emmy Awards, winning 15 of them, including 10 for acting. 

6 points - Scrubs (IMDb Rank: 59)

“I don't know. Is it sexist to hold the door for a woman? Is it sexist to keep the attractive nurses and let go of a few uggos? The rules are changing so fast I just can't keep up.”

Scrubs is a sitcom based upon a fictional teaching hospital, known for its fast paced slapstick comedy as well as visualizing the daydreams of its characters through flashes of vignettes. Behind it all there was a lot of heart and character development. Zach Braff became a breakout star but the ensemble cast was outstanding notably veteran character actor John C. McGinley as Dr. Perry Cox.  

Scrubs received 17 Emmy nominations, in categories such as casting, cinematography, directing, editing, and writing, winning only two. It was critically lauded and had a cult following to the point that when NBC cancelled it, it was picked up for two more seasons on ABC.
you NAILED this crop. i cannot remember a person who likes South Park, Conan and/or IASIP ever making me laugh. they're a type, hell half a gen and i rarely respect anything that comes out of their gamer heads unless theyve otherwise earned it, because they are not only under the handicap of having made my gen's pranks into their gen's belief system, but enjoy that. ELR is the worst successful sitcom i know of - so much so that putting it on the bottom is too good for it, and Scrubs the most overrated

it hurt to see my favorite alltime sitcom just behind Frasier *insert sexually-insensitive comment here*, but concede it as a matter of taste. fine job on a tough cat.

11 points  - 30 Rock (IMDb Rank: 21)

“You know how the media is, one little mistake and that’s all they’ll talk about. No one ever brings up Hitler’s paintings.”

“You can’t have a Lemon Party without old ****”

30 Rock is a satirical sitcom television series created by the show’s star, Tina Fey. The series, based on Fey's experiences as head writer for Saturday Night Live, takes place behind the scenes of a fictional live sketch comedy show depicted as airing on NBC. The show uses surreal humor to parody the complex corporate structure of NBC and its then parent company General Electric and mercilessly skewers both companies. The show had a great ensemble cast but for me Alec Baldwin as NBC executive Jack Donaghy steals the show. Baldwin’s comedic timing is genius.

Capping its critically successful first season, 30 Rock won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series (which it would win twice more). In 2008, 30 Rock completed a sweep of the major awards at the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards. The show won Outstanding Comedy Series, Alec Baldwin was recognized as Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series, and Tina Fey was given the award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series. This marked the eighth time in the history of the Primetime Emmy Awards that a show won best series plus best lead actor and actress.
Woohoo - not bad for my 50th round pick. 

*****ANNOUNCEMENT*****

It only makes sense that I, Yo Mama, judges this category as my Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/Festivus gift to you all. 

According to the spreadsheet, Mom is still available, so I would like to volunteer to do the Moms. Since this will be a difficult job, I’d like a few other people to help me do the Moms (I can’t do all the Moms by myself). Please send me IMs with all your Mom rankings.

I think this one will take longer than some of the other rankings - I want to give the Moms all the time and attention that they deserve. 

If Mom is spoken for, no offense intended - they just look good to go to me. 

Yo Mama said:
*****ANNOUNCEMENT*****

It only makes sense that I, Yo Mama, judges this category as my Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/Festivus gift to you all. 

According to the spreadsheet, Mom is still available, so I would like to volunteer to do the Moms. Since this will be a difficult job, I’d like a few other people to help me do the Moms (I can’t do all the Moms by myself). Please send me IMs with all your Mom rankings.

I think this one will take longer than some of the other rankings - I want to give the Moms all the time and attention that they deserve. 

If Mom is spoken for, no offense intended - they just look good to go to me. 
chump don want da help, chump don git da help. got no jiveass brains anyhow.....

I owe 3 50-70s categories and the greatest tv show of all time- that one won’t be done until all other judging is finished- gotta have buildup! 
But the remaining 50-70s should be completed sometime this week. 

I'll re-up my earlier request for any news personality rankings or inputs. I did receive input on my preliminary list from one poster, and made some adjustments based on that input. Happy to integrate other thoughts, rankings, or inputs before I finalize.  

@Mrs. Rannous - which version of the Justice League are we talking for animated shows?
whichever one scores the worst in the ranking
I mean really, this is almost as bad as going with "Power Rangers" and not specifying the season and particular generation of rangers - mighty morphin?  zeo?  turbo?  time force?  wild force?  ninja storm?   dino thunder?  Rangers S.P.D.? (should have been SBD)  ...and that's not nearly all of them.  

Users who are viewing this thread