What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Great 2020 All Time Television Draft: The Simpsons is judged the greatest show of all time (3 Viewers)

I think Gally/Steiner have already picked both of these categories so I'm going to make my two as I will be away for about an hour.

44.16  Laura Holt (Remington Steele) - Leading Woman Drama 71-90

Stephanie Zimbalist :wub: Maybe my first celebrity crush.

45.01 American Vandal - Documentary

(have fun debating that one - I'll re-pick if you all throw a fit.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick 45.02 - Sophia Petrillo (Category - Supporting Actress 71-90)

Deleted all the good promotion since she's not our pick anymore

I am not sure who is up with all the skipping

Team GallStein's real pick (hopefully she wasn't taken as someone's mom):

Pick 45.02 - Jackie Harris (Category - Supporting Actress 91-2020)

Roseanne gets all the publicity but Jackie won three straight emmy's in the heyday of the show.  She was tremendous in this role.  

45.05 Tim Russert  -  News Personality

After Walter, this guy was my favorite.  

He was “one of the premier political journalists and analysts of his time,” Tom Brokaw, the former longtime anchor of “NBC Nightly News,” said in announcing Russert’s death Friday afternoon. Brian Williams, managing editor and anchor of “NBC Nightly News,” called his death a “staggering, overpowering and sudden loss.”

“Meet the Press,” which he began hosting in 1991, was considered an essential proving ground in the career of any national politician.

“If you could pass the Tim Russert test, you could do something in this field,” said Howard Fineman, senior Washington correspondent for Newsweek magazine and a columnist for msnbc.com.

Tenacity and passion Russert was best known for his on-air tenacity as a reporter and his consuming passion for politics, which were evident during his nearly round-the-clock appearances on NBC and MSNBC on election nights.

In 2005, Russert was awarded an Emmy for his role in the coverage of the funeral of President Ronald Reagan.

His “Meet the Press” interviews with George W. Bush and Al Gore in 2000 won the Radio and Television Correspondents’ highest honor, the Joan S. Barone Award, and the Annenberg Center’s Walter Cronkite Award.

Russert, who received 48 honorary doctorates, won countless other awards for excellence during his career, including the Edward R. Murrow Award from the Radio-Television News Directors Association, the John Peter Zenger Freedom of the Press Award, the American Legion Journalism Award, the Veterans of Foreign Wars News Media Award, the Congressional Medal of Honor Society Journalism Award, the Allen H. Neuharth Award for Excellence in Journalism, the David Brinkley Award for Excellence in Communication and the Catholic Academy for Communication’s Gabriel Award.

He was a member of the Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame and a member of the board of directors of the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, N.Y.

OK, so it looks like those that have picked this round have 5 picks left correct?

I have 5 picks all ready, now nobody better snipe them!

@timschochet - I screwed up when I entered my Frank Barone pick from round 41 and put it in the wrong category and then selected someone from the same category in round 44.  How do you want to handle this - just delete my round 44 pick and re-pick?

Rd 45- Dr. Donald Westphall- lead man 1971-1990

In 1982 Ed Flanders began his role in St. Elsewhere that earned him five Emmy Award nominations as Outstanding Lead Actor in a TV Series, winning the award in 1983. 

Dr. Westphall quit his job and left the hospital 3 episodes into Season 6; his delivery of his resignation (in which he told John Gideon, "You can kiss my ###, pal") is one of the most famous and controversial scenes in American television, as it shows Westphall with his pants down and his rump exposed.

@timschochet - I screwed up when I entered my Frank Barone pick from round 41 and put it in the wrong category and then selected someone from the same category in round 44.  How do you want to handle this - just delete my round 44 pick and re-pick?
I just fixed this in the Google Doc.

I have an offline spreadsheet tracker, too, and I totally missed this.

I just fixed this in the Google Doc.

I have an offline spreadsheet tracker, too, and I totally missed this.
I knew something wasn't right when I had 7 picks left which didn't line up with the rounds.  Took me a while to figure it out.  Probably best you and Acer are doing this  :)

Technically, the clock is off so........
Yeah, these TimDrafts started life as work-week diversions, and weekend picks were more just an occasional thing if people were around.

That's the whole point of a draft clock -- sometimes it's on, sometimes it's off.

Yeah, these TimDrafts started life as work-week diversions, and weekend picks were more just an occasional thing if people were around.

That's the whole point of a draft clock -- sometimes it's on, sometimes it's off.
Yeah, but if someone was previously skipped, don’t we keep skipping them over the weekends?  We’d still skip pitchfork if he came up over the weekend, right?

Also, the 15 min “clocks” were for people who said it’s fine to notify them and then skip if they’re not around (and they were fine to make up their picks later). Does that go away over the weekend?

I’m fine if that’s what we want to do to not make people have to check in over the weekend. I just thought the previous skips and requested skips keep going. 

Not trying to rush things, just trying to stay on top of who’s up and who asked to be skipped. 

43.03 “Tommorow”-Finale (The West Wing) 

President Bartlett flies off into the sunset. The inauguration of Jimmy Smits features one of my favorite TV musical performances ever, blues artist Keb’ Mo’ performing “America the Beautiful”. 

Hey @wikkidpissah, when are you going to do more draft round reviews/commentary?  I really liked your first one (especially since you liked both of my picks). 
i was doing rds 3-4 the next day when i realized i couldnt do justice to a rd 4 entry without some spotlighting. is it late enough that we dont have to worry about that now? i can try a couple this wkend if so

i was doing rds 3-4 the next day when i realized i couldnt do justice to a rd 4 entry without some spotlighting. is it late enough that we dont have to worry about that now? i can try a couple this wkend if so
No rush - I just enjoyed the first installment. Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread