What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (8 Viewers)

i would be open to a trade of Ben to the T-Wolves for Edwards and a bunch of picks

ETA: i get it though, there is no defending Ben anymore. think we can have a normal conversation about it in a few days after all of the Steven A Smith's abd all the talking heads stop yelling to me how much Ben sucks. after the noise is gone i am guessing a normal conversation can occur.

it is just a pain when all national media, and the local media who are even worse, have complete tunnel vision that all of the Sixers' faults are all on Ben 
I'm fascinated by your inability to understand what I'm saying. 

maybe, but you really can't ignore what Trae shot tonight. 5-23, and a 2-3 of those were when Ben wasn't on him. I know offensively Ben was pretty bad, but you really can't ignore those numbers. 

However, they aren't going to win a championship either. so who knows
Yes you can ignore it. Unless he is holding every team's best player to almost 0 points and 0 assists he is a net negative to a team.

You can't play 4 on 5 basketball in the playoffs and that guy is your primary ball handler. The league is too offensive orientated right now. 

i would be open to a trade of Ben to the T-Wolves for Edwards and a bunch of picks

ETA: i get it though, there is no defending Ben anymore. think we can have a normal conversation about it in a few days after all of the Steven A Smith's abd all the talking heads stop yelling to me how much Ben sucks. after the noise is gone i am guessing a normal conversation can occur.

it is just a pain when all national media, and the local media who are even worse, have complete tunnel vision that all of the Sixers' faults are all on Ben 
You like Ben too much. Seriously, it is like the guy that walks into a pawn shop to sell their family heirloom. It might be worth 200 dollars, but to that person selling it for anything less than life changing money is impossible because of how they feel about it. 

The 76ers will get something for Ben, assuming they trade him, but you are going to be severely disappointed if you think it is a rising star and a bunch of picks. 

modogg said:
dumb by Howard, but will be funny if they decide this is flagrant. I am very positive the guy @Deamon referenced earlier who put a ton of money on the Hawks to win it all was Adam Silver
The random dude who bet 40k on the hawks to win the East just made a LOT of money tonight. 

There's just no chance now he's not from the future.  Hopefully he's smart enough to bet 50k on the Bucks this series.

Rough way to end the year.  With the Nets losing, this was our best (only?) shot at the title. 

I guess Go Suns now??

2 vs 4

and

3 vs 5

Crazy postseason 
NBA champions by seed:

No. 1 (53)  71.6%

No. 2 (12)  16.2%

No. 3 (7)  9.5%

No. 4 (1)  1.4%

No. 5 (0)  0.0%

No. 6 (1)  1.4%

The NBA playoffs more than other sports go according to seed.  Which is kind of strange because an injury to one key player could have a bigger impact on basketball more so than other sports with larger teams.  The current odds.

#3 Bucks. -105

#2 Suns.  +135

#4.  Clippers. +850

#5.  Hawks.  +1200

Considering who is left, kind of surprised the Clippers and Hawks have such long odds.  The Suns have won game 1, but a game 1 win by the home team is probably the least important indicator in a seven game series. 

i can't remember the numbers off the top of my head, but there were line-ups last year with Horford at the Center and Ben running the offense, and i remember they had like a 110 offensive rating or something considerably good. It may always come back to the idea that Ben and Joel were never perfect fits for each other, but i think considerations about the other 3 players out there at the same time. If they ever made that Lowery trade, would this series have been the Sixers in 5 games, and we would not have had any of this talk we have had over the past week and a half?
Wasn’t the Lowery trade demand something outlandish?

Home teams winning game 1 go on to win the seven game series 85% of the time. The current Clippers price of +350 seems about right. 
The stats I have seen suggest otherwise.  The stats I have seen says the home team has a 53% advantage going into a 7-game series, it bumps up to 66% by winning game 2 then up to 88% if they win both game 1 and 2.  But that stat was based on multiple sports including baseball and hockey as well as basketball.  NBA stats seem to favor the favorite more than other sports. But IMHO, none of these teams are a dominant force and fairly equal.  There are no Micheal Jordan Bulls or LaBron James type super teams remaining.  Their records show they are all very beatable.  

The stats I have seen suggest otherwise.  The stats I have seen says the home team has a 53% advantage going into a 7-game series, it bumps up to 66% by winning game 2 then up to 88% if they win both game 1 and 2.  But that stat was based on multiple sports including baseball and hockey as well as basketball.  NBA stats seem to favor the favorite more than other sports. But IMHO, none of these teams are a dominant force and fairly equal.  There are no Micheal Jordan Bulls or LaBron James type super teams remaining.  Their records show they are all very beatable.  
53%?  Teams with HCA win over 70% of the time.

Exactly the same. Keeping claiming you know more about basketball then anyone in here. It really shows. 
I never claimed I know more about basketball than anyone here.

And yes, hitting the reset button by shipping a top-30-ish player is a little less reasonable than shipping a top-5-ish player, so you're kinda right.  Congrats?  

:lmao:

Rich Hofmann @rich_hofmann

Joel Embiid: "I'll be honest. I thought the turning point was when we — I don't know how to say it — is when we had an open shot and we made one free throw..."

10:31 PM · Jun 20, 2021
Just saw the clip this morning - damn that's just a direct shot at Simmons. Seems like there's no way they can bring him back to this team now.

Embiid is right that Simmons passing on that open dunk was a game changer.  Maybe that one point doesn't matter, but on the other hand, Ben needed that dunk for confidence, as did the rest of the team.  They were already playing like a team defeated and that was like the convincer that they already lost.

Embiid played on a torn meniscus, and then in the 4th this guy won't take an open two-handed dunk, stands around when he doesn't have the ball, and when guys literally sag 15 feet off of him he looks around like a lost dog instead of trying to make something happen. 

Dude is talented but he is playing out of position probably and/or just needs an entirely different type of cast around him.  The Embiid-Simmons two-man team is dead.  They both need a different skill set from the #2 guy than either can provide each other.  Sixers made a mistake by thinking Doc could fix Ben -- should have traded him for Paul or Harden or Beal.  

So who are the potential All-Star type players available via trade or FA this upcoming season?

Lillard

McCollum

Beal

LaVine

Lowery

Dinwiddie

Hield

Sexton?

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are the blazers why would you want simmons hes not anywhere near the player lillard is and the fans would hate you for it if you trade lillard if has to be for young talent without a simmons max conteact and lots of picks take that to the bank brohans

it wont be like this for long but i believe that right now both simmons and harris are paid more than embid thats not a great thing take that to the bank bromigos 

A couple of notes on last night's game.

1) I've never seen an NBA player straight up scared to take a wide open shot for fear of having to go to the free throw line. Even the in-game announcers as well as the post-game team brought it up. Just wow. 

2) How a head coach can leave a player from scenario 1 in the game, in a close game especially, completely baffles me. I don't care how good he is on defense or whatever else he may do well. He's 100% a liability in that situation and everyone on the floor knows it. 

What happened last night could be a turning point in Ben Simmons career. His disappearing act this playoffs has clearly brought his “value” in question. Hopefully the embarrassment he feels will propel him to finally address the gaping holes in his game. 

With that said- I think Tobias Harris is also getting overshadowed by Simmons for his role in the Sixers losing. With Simmons clearly not playing well through the first 4 games of the series- the Sixers and Embiid needed Harris to be a great second option in games 5-7. In those three games- he shot a total of 19-55 from the field (34.5%) and averaged only 17.8 points. He also had one of the worst +/- out of all of the Sixers starters.  While Simmons and Doc both deserve a lot of the fault- what Harris did in the last 3 games was also very underwhelming 

Not sure what team would trade for Simmons and give anything of significant value. It would have to be bad contract for bad contract. Only trade that might make sense on its face is Simmons for cj mccollum.

More than likely this is it for sixers window - Ben and Joel. It’s been five years and there are no signs Simmons is coachable or is willing to put the work in so he is what he is at this point. Now it’s sixers front office job to try and make it work by creating a roster within tight salary constraints that will make the offense work.

Embiid is right that Simmons passing on that open dunk was a game changer.  Maybe that one point doesn't matter, but on the other hand, Ben needed that dunk for confidence, as did the rest of the team.  They were already playing like a team defeated and that was like the convincer that they already lost.

Embiid played on a torn meniscus, and then in the 4th this guy won't take an open two-handed dunk, stands around when he doesn't have the ball, and when guys literally sag 15 feet off of him he looks around like a lost dog instead of trying to make something happen. 

Dude is talented but he is playing out of position probably and/or just needs an entirely different type of cast around him.  The Embiid-Simmons two-man team is dead.  They both need a different skill set from the #2 guy than either can provide each other.  Sixers made a mistake by thinking Doc could fix Ben -- should have traded him for Paul or Harden or Beal.  

So who are the potential All-Star type players available via trade or FA this upcoming season?

Lillard

McCollum

Beal

LaVine

Lowery

Dinwiddie

Hield

Sexton?
Hield would definitely be selling low for the Sixers but that framework makes some sense for both teams. 

Something like Kemba + a pick/prospect may make sense....if Doc thinks Kemba has something left in the tank. He certainly is not a player that shies away from taking shots in crunchtime. I know Cs fans wish he would have passed more of those up to Tatum or Brown.

Simmons is only 24. It may be over in Philly, but someone will think they can rehab him. That contract is just awful though.

Hield would definitely be selling low for the Sixers but that framework makes some sense for both teams. 
I think that framework could very well worth be evaluating if the Kings included Bagley in some sort of package along with Hield. Bagleys defense needs some major polishing but his offensive skills could be of great value to the Sixers. Also- his length could replace some of the length they would be losing if they traded away Simmons.

I think that framework could very well worth be evaluating if the Kings included Bagley in some sort of package along with Hield. Bagleys defense needs some major polishing but his offensive skills could be of great value to the Sixers. Also- his length could replace some of the length they would be losing if they traded away Simmons.
I don’t think throwing Bagley in would make Monte McNair rethink that deal. 

Something like Kemba + a pick/prospect may make sense....if Doc thinks Kemba has something left in the tank. He certainly is not a player that shies away from taking shots in crunchtime. I know Cs fans wish he would have passed more of those up to Tatum or Brown.

Simmons is only 24. It may be over in Philly, but someone will think they can rehab him. That contract is just awful though.
If Simmons could shoot at a prime Russell Westbrook level he becomes a top 15ish player. That really shouldn't be that difficult. 

His contract isn't that bad. It is the price of doing business in the NBA. There are lots of guys that get max deals that shouldn't. 

probably the most amazing result of these playoffs so far is the chatter about which teams would trade for Ben Simmons and what it would take to get him.

"would the Bulls trade LaVine and..."

"would Portland move Lillard and.... what about McCollum and...."

"does Zion want out of New Orleans, would Philadelphia move Simmons for Zion and Ingram plus picks..."

"Anthony Edwards and KAT for Simmons if the Timberwolves add..."

Lillard

McCollum

Beal

LaVine

Lowery

Dinwiddie

Hield

Sexton?
Oubre?

Users who are viewing this thread