What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (10 Viewers)

Randle has had a terrible series so far.  But to me he’s had no help outside Rose who is too old.  Hawks have been able to somewhat freely double Randle whenever they want.  
I'd say Rose is the one that's had no help this series.

But agree there's def a cap with Randle as your "top player"

Not enough offensive weapons for sure.
During the season there were tons.  Bullock was lights out from three. Quickley was deadly in limited minutes. RJB was a legit complement. This is just terrible.  These aren’t the Knicks that swept ATL in the regular season. 

Shocking to see Anthony Davis fall to the floor, pretending to be injured, after missing a shot near the rim.  One of the consistently softest players in the league relative to his ability.

Shocking to see Anthony Davis fall to the floor, pretending to be injured, after missing a shot near the rim.  One of the consistently softest players in the league relative to his ability.
Strained his groin. Didn't play 2nd half.  Lakers lose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boston off to a good start.  Not sure if they can maintain it.  Playing with a lot of energy and Brooklyn missed a few makeable 3s.

Long term I think Kemba being out will only help the Celts evaluate other options with Langford, Neismith, Pritchard. 

Kemba's knee is shot. I think best case scenario for him will be to be a bench contributor (that'll prob still need maintenance games off)

Defense immediately improved as Griffin was switched out for Claxton. Very cool and good how Brooklyn only has one playable big.

So Embiid definitely doesn't get enough love these days, and i think some of that has to do with his fun immaturity from his younger years. But i have never seen this before:

https://streamable.com/ygz9v9

I don't know how Bertans can show his face in the locker room after that
Catching up on the thread.

1)  Bertans shouldn't show his face after pretty much the entire season.  Came in out of shape.  #####es every play like he deserves foul calls.  Moves his feet like.... well, he doesn't actually move his feet.  He's good for shooting and didn't much do that this season.  He can't handle the pressure of the big contract he got.  Gonna end up being an expensive 7th man for a couple of years.

2)  Beal stopped playing D when he got hurt at the end of the regular season.  He and westbrook used so much energy getting to the playoffs that they are done.  Physically for sure, and after game 1 loss emoitionally.

3)  As I mentioned before the series, this was always a walkover for the 76.  Wiz have nobody to guard Embiid.  Simmons can easily contain Westbrook.  And the only Wiz player that could guard a shooting forward was Avdija and he's out for the season.  The Wiz (les Boulez) are totally outmatched here.  Gafford, who I love, guarding Embiid is a mess.  Goes for pump fake 3 pointer every time.  Gafford needs his technique worked on.  Total athlete.  Just needs polish at both ends. 

4)  The bright side is Brooks is done as Wiz coach.  If these were competitive games maybe he holds on.  But these are straight up a$$ kickins.  Wiz desperately need a defensive minded coach cause they can't guard the 3, they can't guard the pick and roll, and the can't guard the off ball screen.  Things they learned about age 12.  That's on the coach.  And it's game what, 80, and Brooks is completely clueless of who his best players are.  Matthews, Neto, Hutchinson, Gill, Rui ... these guys have no idea of their role since they've been yo-yos in and out of the lineup all year.

Man, I would love to have Kawhi on the Hawks.  Seems like he would be a perfect fit with the other guys that they have.
Let's be real, Kawhi fits on a lot of teams if he leaves. 

Dallas, Atlanta, Portland, Golden State, Memphis, Utah, New York, Boston, Denver, Charlotte, Washington. 

He probably makes any of those teams a threat to make the finals. 

Random holiday weekend drunken thought:

Playoff time in the air. 

You know what that means

Deandre Jordan out of the rotation :thumbup:  

I never understood why one would ever have spent big money on him. You literally can't play him in meaningful minutes down the stretch (even moreso when they didn't have the Hack-A stuff in effect). Solid rebounder but unless you had a Chris Paul or otherwise to lob him, he's useless on O.

Random holiday weekend drunken thought:

Playoff time in the air. 

You know what that means

Deandre Jordan out of the rotation :thumbup:  

I never understood why one would ever have spent big money on him. You literally can't play him in meaningful minutes down the stretch (even moreso when they didn't have the Hack-A stuff in effect). Solid rebounder but unless you had a Chris Paul or otherwise to lob him, he's useless on O.
Pretty useless on D these days too — he’s somehow gotten even slower. If they needed to bring him in to make KD/Kyrie happy that’s fine, but I wish they could’ve done so for less money. 4/40 seemed bad at the time and looks even worse now. 

In the past Marks has found some good bigs in the late 1st round (Allen, Claxton) and he’ll need to do it again this year.

Users who are viewing this thread