What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (16 Viewers)

Suns were a really good team that just ran into a dude who would not be stopped.  That happens.  Congrats Bucks!  Giannis earned this.  So good to see.

So many cool things in this.

1.  Giannis:  Skinny kid from Greece works his tail off, does it on both ends, and grows up to win MVP.  But that's not enough.  He's not a star.  He can't score enough.  He can't create enough.  Misses too many free throws.  50 points in game 6 to bring home the championship.  In a series against DeAndre Ayton, Giannis was still larger than life.  Dude arrived a looooong time ago.  But now no one can deny it.  

2.  Bobby Portis.  As a Kentucky guy, I hated him in college.  He was so much fun to watch in this series.  

3.  Jrue Holiday.  Between the 76ers and Pelilcans, it seemed like he as a guy who never had a fair chance.  He winds up with the Bucks and has an amazing finals on both ends of the court.

4.  Middleton.  Dude's a star that no one knew about.  They know now.  Hope he lets the other guys hold that trophy. 

5.  Bud.  I read a lot of people on the internet say he was going to be fired unless they won the title.  Welp.

6.  PJ Tucker:  I loved him in Houston.  Honestly seems like he has gotten much more obnoxious on Milwaukee.  Glad he finally won one.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I just hear that right…his first career 50 point game…and it was in a clinching game?

Dude was already so good but is now a Wisconsin sports legend.  At least for a little while he makes us forget about Rodgers mess with GB and takes over as the king of the state’s sports scene.

And oh yeah…he is 26.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I just hear that right…his first career 50 point game…and it was in a clinching game?

Dude was already so good but is now a Wisconsin sports legend.  At least for a little while he makes us forget about Rodgers mess with GB and takes over as the king of the state’s sports scene.

And oh yeah…he is 26.
He's had 2 regular season 50 pt games, but this was his first in the playoffs.

Watching the on-court celebration now, who is the older, long haired, super red-faced blonde dude that positions himself in the camera?  Gotta be one of the owners because he can drink 50 beers and still stand there if he feels like it. 

The guy with his eyelids at half-mast who looks like his Uber driver would have to pull him out of the backseat.

I love the resiliency of Giannis to use the past 2 Playoffs and the bad taste it left and to come back and make it happen in Milwaukee where he was drafted. He was told by everyone he had to come see the Godfather and play in Miami, well Giannis decided to be his own Vito Corleone and elevated himself to one of the all time greats tonight. 

I believe he might have had his very best NBA game ever tonight in a deciding game for the NBA Championship, just a marvelous feat. I have not enjoyed BBall as much, even when my Heat made the run last year it felt a little hollow but watching Milwaukee fight thru adversity and be pushed to the brink a few times in the Playoffs and keep coming. Can't say enough nice things. 

I got a little choked up watching Giannis and the head coach hug after the game, it wasn't the first thing the two of them did but they met up and it was a genuine embrace, the relief on their face, good for them. 

-One gripe, who cares they are 2x Champs, they haven't won in 50 years, did they need 2x Champs on the t-shirts? Did they need to share it with Kareem from '71? It's been so long, although the hats said 2021 Champion. 😂. I notice these things, sorry

Watching the on-court celebration now, who is the older, long haired, super red-faced blonde dude that positions himself in the camera?  Gotta be one of the owners because he can drink 50 beers and still stand there if he feels like it. 

The guy with his eyelids at half-mast who looks like his Uber driver would have to pull him out of the backseat.
It looked like Dolph Lundgren was one of the owners if its the same guy who seems to be in the camera every time they pan around. 

Man, that was awesome. To see Giannis ball out like that, and freaking hit 17 of 19 free throws?!  I mean come on man. What a performance. They, we, deserved this one. EVERYTHING lined up for us during the run.  Maybe we're better than the Nets, maybe not. Maybe a full strength Clippers team is too much. But MAYBE NOT. Adding Tucker and Holiday and Portis to a lesser extent were championship moves.  Let's run it back brochachos!

To pile on the classless dude that is Chris Paul a bit more, anyone else notice that the game was barely over and he was already walking to the locker room?  He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to stick around and congratulate the winners, so I cannot say it shocked me.  

And if the stat I saw is correct, he is the first person in NBA history to be on four different teams that were up 2-0 in a series and then lost it, so congrats to CP3 on making history!! 

To pile on the classless dude that is Chris Paul a bit more, anyone else notice that the game was barely over and he was already walking to the locker room?  He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to stick around and congratulate the winners, so I cannot say it shocked me.  

And if the stat I saw is correct, he is the first person in NBA history to be on four different teams that were up 2-0 in a series and then lost it, so congrats to CP3 on making history!! 
I did not notice that. 

Was a helluva series. I don't watch a lot of basketball anymore and was a little annoyed how I felt like I was watching that same plays over and over and over but it was fun.

Booker is too small and complains way too much. The bucks manhandled him in the last two games and it affected him. 

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
And Monty Williams going to the Bucks locker room to congratulate them and say they made a better coach.  All class…thats great stuff.  And he has an incredible story himself.
I should look this up but can you sum up his story? I heard it mentioned a lot but I have no idea what it is.

I should look this up but can you sum up his story? I heard it mentioned a lot but I have no idea what it is.
Just the little bit I read...struggles...then his wife died in a car accident when he was an assistant in OKC...

There was a bit more Id have to really look up to remember all of it.

Congrats Bucks fans. I generally don't watch the NBA but watched the Bucks in the playoffs.  Love seeing the small market team win by building their team piece by piece.

I have a ton of respect for Giannis for sticking with his team and leading them to the promised land. What a great story. 

Giannis willed that title. Yea he had great supporting cast but you can see in the Brooklyn series that nothing was stopping him. 

I hope Embiid can get that fire some day. 

Congrats to the fans and the team.  It's funny, it's not as if they didn't have one of the "on any given night...he's the best player in the game" players in Giannis....but as an outsider to the game getting back into it; the Bucks felt like a real team rather than a superstar with 4 other guys (or 2 or 3 other superstars).

So many cool things in this.

1.  Giannis:  Skinny kid from Greece works his tail off, does it on both ends, and grows up to win MVP.  But that's not enough.  He's not a star.  He can't score enough.  He can't create enough.  Misses too many free throws.  50 points in game 6 to bring home the championship.  In a series against DeAndre Ayton, Giannis was still larger than life.  Dude arrived a looooong time ago.  But now no one can deny it.  

2.  Bobby Portis.  As a Kentucky guy, I hated him in college.  He was so much fun to watch in this series.  

3.  Jrue Holiday.  Between the 76ers and Pelilcans, it seemed like he as a guy who never had a fair chance.  He winds up with the Bucks and has an amazing finals on both ends of the court.

4.  Middleton.  Dude's a star that no one knew about.  They know now.  Hope he lets the other guys hold that trophy. 

5.  Bud.  I read a lot of people on the internet say he was going to be fired unless they won the title.  Welp.

6.  PJ Tucker:  I loved him in Houston.  Honestly seems like he has gotten much more obnoxious on Milwaukee.  Glad he finally won one.  
Disagree with Jrue. He was injured a lot in Philly and then got caught up in the process.

In New Orleans he got a shot. They put together a fabulous team with him, Davis, a healthy Cousins, signed Rondo and traded for Mirotic. They were probably the 3rd best team in the playoffs that year, but the 2 better teams were both in the west, so it looks like any other 2nd round exit. 

The Bucks then gave the Pelicans a god father offer for Jrue. If Jrue wasn't traded the Pelicans are a playoff team and with the injuries in the west this year who knows if they would have been a 1st round exit or the Suns. 

Users who are viewing this thread