Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos


Capella

Recommended Posts

On 3/19/2021 at 9:41 PM, modogg said:

it gets pretty quiet in here when the Celtics' don't win, i would love to hear from C's fans on the thoughts on their team. i have been saying it for over a year, and really thought it in the first month of this year, but Danny should have moved Tatum. His value is still real high, but i think they could get a lot back for him and Brown will pick up some of what they lose trading Tatum. Not sure how much more his value will be this high though.

Would love to hear what other ideas are out there to fix the team. i know quite a bit blame Brad, but i don't know who is out there that can work with the team. i also think Brad is a good coach that will benefit another team if he gets kicked out. What willit take for a significant change, miss the playoffs?

The Boston Celtics last 4 seasons:

2016-17 - 1st in East, Won 2 playoff series

2017-18 - 2nd in East, Won 2 playoff series

2018-19 - 4th in East, Won 1 playoff series

2019-20 - 3rd in East, Won 2 playoff series

 

All of that said, they are sitting tied for 6th at .500 and have been inconsistent, but also just now have their starting 5 healthy.  I expect a minor roster move before the deadline and they are planning to make a push to finish the year strong.  My current expectation is 4th/5th in the East and a first round series win, followed by a loss in 5 or 6 to the #1 seed (barring it isn't Philly and Embiid gets hurt...in which case they could luck into another ECF).

They aren't as good as a healthy Milwaukee, Philly or Brooklyn.  I don't see why a massive trade or dumping Brad seems like a smart idea right now.  Tatum/Brown are great and can be leaders on a championship team in the near future. They aren't the problem, it is the others that are simply too weak.  We have 3 good backups in Theis, Williams and Thompson, but none are starting level yet (although Williams can get there).  Walker hasn't panned out (yet) and we are too reliant on subpar talent off of the bench.

IF Walker gets his role figured out and is healthy and IF Robert Williams becomes a starting quality center, they are a real threat to the East as constructed and are one piece away from legit contender status.  I don't think a panic move is the best idea.  The main reason I trust Brad Stevens is his consistent focus on improvement.  You are on a 15 game win streak and 1st in the East?  Keep working and trying to get better.  You are below .500 and in danger of missing the playoffs?  Keep working and trying to get better.  That's it...that's all he preaches.  Stay calm and stay the course, no matter what the wins/losses are.  If he can get into Tatum's head with some gentle guiding and develop Robert Williams, this team could make the Finals as early as next season, no matter what roster changes occur.  Based on that, they are in a better spot than 3/4 of the league.  I think the current state of things is the valley and expect a strong finish to the year (barring a major injury to Tatum or Brown).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And as for why I've been quiet, I've spent a lot more of my spare time working on our All-time NBA draft and watching college ball these last 2 weeks.  I haven't even watched a Celtics game in like 7-10 days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

And as for why I've been quiet, I've spent a lot more of my spare time working on our All-time NBA draft and watching college ball these last 2 weeks.  I haven't even watched a Celtics game in like 7-10 days.

its ok brohan no matter what the philly fans tell you there is no rule that says you have to post three times every time someone else does take that to the bank bromigo 

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jayrod said:

The Boston Celtics last 4 seasons:

2016-17 - 1st in East, Won 2 playoff series

2017-18 - 2nd in East, Won 2 playoff series

2018-19 - 4th in East, Won 1 playoff series

2019-20 - 3rd in East, Won 2 playoff series

 

All of that said, they are sitting tied for 6th at .500 and have been inconsistent, but also just now have their starting 5 healthy.  I expect a minor roster move before the deadline and they are planning to make a push to finish the year strong.  My current expectation is 4th/5th in the East and a first round series win, followed by a loss in 5 or 6 to the #1 seed (barring it isn't Philly and Embiid gets hurt...in which case they could luck into another ECF).

They aren't as good as a healthy Milwaukee, Philly or Brooklyn.  I don't see why a massive trade or dumping Brad seems like a smart idea right now.  Tatum/Brown are great and can be leaders on a championship team in the near future. They aren't the problem, it is the others that are simply too weak.  We have 3 good backups in Theis, Williams and Thompson, but none are starting level yet (although Williams can get there).  Walker hasn't panned out (yet) and we are too reliant on subpar talent off of the bench.

IF Walker gets his role figured out and is healthy and IF Robert Williams becomes a starting quality center, they are a real threat to the East as constructed and are one piece away from legit contender status.  I don't think a panic move is the best idea.  The main reason I trust Brad Stevens is his consistent focus on improvement.  You are on a 15 game win streak and 1st in the East?  Keep working and trying to get better.  You are below .500 and in danger of missing the playoffs?  Keep working and trying to get better.  That's it...that's all he preaches.  Stay calm and stay the course, no matter what the wins/losses are.  If he can get into Tatum's head with some gentle guiding and develop Robert Williams, this team could make the Finals as early as next season, no matter what roster changes occur.  Based on that, they are in a better spot than 3/4 of the league.  I think the current state of things is the valley and expect a strong finish to the year (barring a major injury to Tatum or Brown).

y'know it's just porn to modogg, cuz he dont know how to speak negatively about his team so it's a double get-off when fans of his rival can...

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Leeroy Jenkins said:

He really hadn't dunked since 2019?  Why????

Didn't watch him much in Detroit, but Nate Duncan said his athleticism took a big hit after coming back early from a knee injury in the '19 playoffs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jayrod said:

The Boston Celtics last 4 seasons:

2016-17 - 1st in East, Won 2 playoff series

2017-18 - 2nd in East, Won 2 playoff series

2018-19 - 4th in East, Won 1 playoff series

2019-20 - 3rd in East, Won 2 playoff series

 

All of that said, they are sitting tied for 6th at .500 and have been inconsistent, but also just now have their starting 5 healthy.  I expect a minor roster move before the deadline and they are planning to make a push to finish the year strong.  My current expectation is 4th/5th in the East and a first round series win, followed by a loss in 5 or 6 to the #1 seed (barring it isn't Philly and Embiid gets hurt...in which case they could luck into another ECF).

They aren't as good as a healthy Milwaukee, Philly or Brooklyn.  I don't see why a massive trade or dumping Brad seems like a smart idea right now.  Tatum/Brown are great and can be leaders on a championship team in the near future. They aren't the problem, it is the others that are simply too weak.  We have 3 good backups in Theis, Williams and Thompson, but none are starting level yet (although Williams can get there).  Walker hasn't panned out (yet) and we are too reliant on subpar talent off of the bench.

IF Walker gets his role figured out and is healthy and IF Robert Williams becomes a starting quality center, they are a real threat to the East as constructed and are one piece away from legit contender status.  I don't think a panic move is the best idea.  The main reason I trust Brad Stevens is his consistent focus on improvement.  You are on a 15 game win streak and 1st in the East?  Keep working and trying to get better.  You are below .500 and in danger of missing the playoffs?  Keep working and trying to get better.  That's it...that's all he preaches.  Stay calm and stay the course, no matter what the wins/losses are.  If he can get into Tatum's head with some gentle guiding and develop Robert Williams, this team could make the Finals as early as next season, no matter what roster changes occur.  Based on that, they are in a better spot than 3/4 of the league.  I think the current state of things is the valley and expect a strong finish to the year (barring a major injury to Tatum or Brown).

Makes some sense, they just really seem up and down a ton this year. with their loss to the Kings a few games ago, it just seems they are at the lowest they have been for multiple years, and was wondering why it may be the case. Seems like Tatum at times is just not giving much of an effort as well, so wondering if he is looking to quit on Stevens. 

Pushes the idea of this power empowerment, and wondering if he will try to push for a trade to go somewhere

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wikkidpissah said:

y'know it's just porn to modogg, cuz he dont know how to speak negatively about his team so it's a double get-off when fans of his rival can...

not in this case. I check in with the Celtics for 2 reasons. 1) they are likely to be a thorn for the Sixers in the playoffs so i like to see how they are doing and if the Sixers can finally shake the albatross of them in the playoffs, and 2) one of the best groups of guys talking about teams is the CLNS team, they have good chemistry and are enjoyable to listen to. i don't catch them all the time, but every time i have checked in i have enjoyed their discussions 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Trade deadline this Thursday :excited: 

And maybe a decent buyout market after :excited: :excited: 

I don't know why Toronto would hold onto Lowry unless their price is too high. Bulls & Magic could be interesting sellers too.

I’ll be surprised if the Bulls do anything. I’ll be shocked if they trade LaVine or Young. Maybe Markkanen but probably not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yo Mama said:

Shams!!!!   Woj!!!!!

 

Where are my trades!!!!!!!1!!??

 

33 minutes ago, caustic said:

Mfiondu Kabengele to Sacramento wasn’t enough for you??

if bored with little trades so far, just follow soe Boston media. they have attached about half the league to getting traded there, so at least can keep some interest for now.

Meanwhilw, Sixers crushing Giolden State, up 25-9 so far :coffee:. Hope ESPN and other national media keep shoving to everyone how the Nets own the East as the Sixers keep plugging away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Golden State has a fun little team. I'm used to seeing teams with such dominance like the Warriors had just disappear when it starts to go away, but they have quite a few young guys and i think Kerr is doing well pushing the right buttons with the guys. Not sure they will get superstars any time soon, but they are fun to watch

ETA: I'm 99% positive i would rather have Kelly Oubre on my team than a Jason Tatum

Edited by modogg
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

C'mon man.

nope. watching the game and Oubre for a bit, i honestly think Oubre is a better help for a team than Tatum currently it. 100% serious. May be Tatum is effected by Covid, or just down because of Celtics' performance, but watching that game again last night with Oubre, i would suggest Celtics would be a better team pairing Brown and Kemba with Oubre than with Tatum

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, caustic said:

Nic Claxton switched onto Lillard and locked him up multiple times down the stretch tonight. Really excited about this guy.

he is a big help for them for sure. You think the Nets have any more moves in them before he post season? i think if JJ Reddick gets bought out that could be a real interesting one. I would love him to come to Philly, but he may favor Brooklyn. I just don't know how much time and play he would get on that Brooklyn team, and it would seem Joe Harris wouldn't love it either

Link to comment
Share on other sites

great now every time one philly fan responds another philly fan will respond two times this is what hell looks like take that to the bank bromigos 

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, modogg said:

nope. watching the game and Oubre for a bit, i honestly think Oubre is a better help for a team than Tatum currently it. 100% serious. May be Tatum is effected by Covid, or just down because of Celtics' performance, but watching that game again last night with Oubre, i would suggest Celtics would be a better team pairing Brown and Kemba with Oubre than with Tatum

back to ignore

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, modogg said:

he is a big help for them for sure. You think the Nets have any more moves in them before he post season? i think if JJ Reddick gets bought out that could be a real interesting one. I would love him to come to Philly, but he may favor Brooklyn. I just don't know how much time and play he would get on that Brooklyn team, and it would seem Joe Harris wouldn't love it either

They've been linked to a ton of guys, it'll be interesting to see if anything materializes. Seems like they're interested in wing depth (Redick, Powell) and some defensive-minded bigs who can help guard elite centers. Claxton's defense has been surprisingly good but he's still too skinny to hold his own against the Embiids of the world (and Jordan just kinda sucks). On that front, they're supposedly pursuing Drummond, Javale McGee, and Khem Birch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, modogg said:

Golden State has a fun little team. I'm used to seeing teams with such dominance like the Warriors had just disappear when it starts to go away, but they have quite a few young guys and i think Kerr is doing well pushing the right buttons with the guys. Not sure they will get superstars any time soon, but they are fun to watch

ETA: I'm 99% positive i would rather have Kelly Oubre on my team than a Jason Tatum

:lmao: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be happy to entertain a conversation that Tatum is an overrated ballhog, but come on. 

Here are their stats this year. Considering Tatum is a plus defender and Oubre is something near average, where in the world are they even comparable? Oubre is what, the 4th or 5th best player on a .500 team, and Tatum is the best on a .500 team, so it's not like we are making comparison of great role player on a great team vs a great stats on a bad team argument. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Kev4029 said:

I'd be happy to entertain a conversation that Tatum is an overrated ballhog, but come on. 

Here are their stats this year. Considering Tatum is a plus defender and Oubre is something near average, where in the world are they even comparable? Oubre is what, the 4th or 5th best player on a .500 team, and Tatum is the best on a .500 team, so it's not like we are making comparison of great role player on a great team vs a great stats on a bad team argument. 

Jay is a monstrous talent, especially with the body mass he's put on in the last year. like many present-day players, however, he got no win factor. with him, tho, it's almost gone opposite - he dont consider it a win unless he dun it. but, hell, Embiid was in that zone 9 mos ago and look at him now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, modogg said:

nope. watching the game and Oubre for a bit, i honestly think Oubre is a better help for a team than Tatum currently it. 100% serious. May be Tatum is effected by Covid, or just down because of Celtics' performance, but watching that game again last night with Oubre, i would suggest Celtics would be a better team pairing Brown and Kemba with Oubre than with Tatum

I can't get behind you on this one man.  Happy to stick up for Ben being a great player, but your hate for the Celtics might be a bit much haha. Tatum is a great player... trust me I hate it too. But he is so much better than Oubre. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know everybody is looking for a Nikola Jokic update.

For the season:

PER of 31.90 - #1 all time

WS/48 of .3135 - #10 of all time (behind seasons of Jordan x2, Lebron x2, Wilt x1, Kareem x3, and Curry x1)

BPM of 12.11 - #3 of all time (behind Jordan x1, Lebron x1)

Has a stat line of 27.1/11.3/8.6/2.2 stocks with a .571/.427/.869 shooting splits - the only other player to average 27/11/8 in a season is Oscar in 61-62. This season, he is #7 in PPG, #7 in RPG, #6 in APG, #6 in SPG.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kev4029 said:

I know everybody is looking for a Nikola Jokic update.

For the season:

PER of 31.90 - #1 all time

WS/48 of .3135 - #10 of all time (behind seasons of Jordan x2, Lebron x2, Wilt x1, Kareem x3, and Curry x1)

BPM of 12.11 - #3 of all time (behind Jordan x1, Lebron x1)

Has a stat line of 27.1/11.3/8.6/2.2 stocks with a .571/.427/.869 shooting splits - the only other player to average 27/11/8 in a season is Oscar in 61-62. This season, he is #7 in PPG, #7 in RPG, #6 in APG, #6 in SPG.

He's so amazing, I can't help but root for the guy.  Must see TV any time he's on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kev4029 said:

I'd be happy to entertain a conversation that Tatum is an overrated ballhog, but come on. 

Here are their stats this year. Considering Tatum is a plus defender and Oubre is something near average, where in the world are they even comparable? Oubre is what, the 4th or 5th best player on a .500 team, and Tatum is the best on a .500 team, so it's not like we are making comparison of great role player on a great team vs a great stats on a bad team argument. 

my thoughts may be skewed by just watching and some observations. I could be way off. Maybe it is just that i think Oubre is a better player than is perceived. 

Similar to Jeremy Grant views from 2 years ago, or Robert Covington views from a few years ago :shrug:

Edited by modogg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wikkidpissah said:

Jay is a monstrous talent, especially with the body mass he's put on in the last year. like many present-day players, however, he got no win factor. with him, tho, it's almost gone opposite - he dont consider it a win unless he dun it. but, hell, Embiid was in that zone 9 mos ago and look at him now

i think it leans toward i think Jaylen Brown has more to offer than Tatum. Now we can stop all of this Sixers talk since that really didn't factor in here. 

i think if NBA switched to 1:1 games or even 2:2, Tatum would be high on the list. As for the team game, i think he is lower. I also think this would be indicated why everyone likes to leave the Celtics, like Kyrie, Gordon, Al Horford and now Tristan Thompson

and no, this has nothing to do with the SIxers, but feel free to carry on....

Edited by modogg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SWC said:

great now every time one philly fan responds another philly fan will respond two times this is what hell looks like take that to the bank bromigos 

Go sixers bro

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be nice if this thread turned back into a normal thread, and stopped with all of the anti-Sixers push whenever anybody who is a fan of the Sixers posts. 

Disclaimer here - i know i do have an anti-Celtics lean. Funny thing i have noticed is that a lot of the Celtics opinions i derive come from podcasts and youtube from Celtics' fan sights, etc. I just opened youtube and that funny algorhythm attached to youtube has like 6 out of 10 videos recommended to me are Celtics-centric.

So after the trade deadline, I will hope to help participate in making this thread a little more friendly/enjoyable, i will try not to post anything about the Celtics for like a month. I can respond if i have a thought, but knowing that youtube has me tied down to a ton of Celtics' info i will try to seperate myself from that tie. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the reason there is no life on mars is because one time many years ago a martian looked at kelly oubre funny take that to the bank brohans   

Edited by SWC
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, SWC said:

the reason there is no life on mars is because one time many years ago a martian looked at kelly oubre funny take that to the bank brohans   

you think the Bucks make any moves at the trade deadline? i think John Collins on that team would be fun, but i don't know if they have assets to grab him, or cap room to pay him. 

ETA: also tempted to take the Celtics tonight at +7, good idea?

Edited by modogg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Frostillicus said:

I am literally going to kill myself if you don't shut up about the refs. 

Rough game tonight for the pups. 

 

Luka took the night off for us but KP came to play after the first 4 minutes or so. 

 

I saw Luka's MVP odds at like 18:1...Mavs have easiest schedule remaining, Embiid and LeBron hurt, people sick of Giannis after playoff losses...if Dallas surges to a top 4 seed here like I think they will, 18:1 seems like damn good odds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Instinctive said:

Rough game tonight for the pups. 

 

Luka took the night off for us but KP came to play after the first 4 minutes or so. 

 

I saw Luka's MVP odds at like 18:1...Mavs have easiest schedule remaining, Embiid and LeBron hurt, people sick of Giannis after playoff losses...if Dallas surges to a top 4 seed here like I think they will, 18:1 seems like damn good odds.

Tanking for top 3 pick since GSW get it if it's 4 or worse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Instinctive said:

Rough game tonight for the pups. 

 

Luka took the night off for us but KP came to play after the first 4 minutes or so. 

 

I saw Luka's MVP odds at like 18:1...Mavs have easiest schedule remaining, Embiid and LeBron hurt, people sick of Giannis after playoff losses...if Dallas surges to a top 4 seed here like I think they will, 18:1 seems like damn good odds.

MVP is Jokic's to lose at this point.  Should have been that way for a month, but took Embiid and LeBron injuries to give him a shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Capella changed the title to 2020-21 NBA Thread: Aaron Gordon demanding trade to a team where he can be terrible in front of many more fans
14 minutes ago, Yo Mama said:

Seems like a decent get for Kings

Wright is owed about $6 million more next year than Joseph (Joseph's deal isn't fully guaranteed), but Wright is better at basketball.  Also, I can't stand watching Joseph play.  I approve.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Capella said:

:thumbup: I was blown away when I read “Aaron Gordon demands trade”. Like come on, you have to be better than that to have trade demands. 

Well, he is the 2nd best player on a team with 15 wins...that's got to count for something.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Capella changed the title to 2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...