What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (12 Viewers)

I think the now 3 game series between the Hawks and Sixers will mostly come down to Embiid's health.  He didn't look good in game 4 but dominated the Hawks the first 3 games.  They don't have any answer for him but if he's the Embiid of game 4 the Hawks have a chance.

These playoffs are about as crazy as I can remember - of the 7 teams left I think a very legitimate case can be made for 6 of the 7 to win it all (Hawks are the one who aren't realistic, IMO).  I don't know if I can ever recall that being the case in the NBA.

I think the now 3 game series between the Hawks and Sixers will mostly come down to Embiid's health.  He didn't look good in game 4 but dominated the Hawks the first 3 games.  They don't have any answer for him but if he's the Embiid of game 4 the Hawks have a chance.
So strange.   Embiid looked amazing second qtr when he returned from the locker room.

Man Embiid must really be hurting.  Bucks may get the to the Finals by attrition.
If the Bucks somehow manage to not win tonight, then:

(a) they don't even deserve to play game 6/7

(b) Bud should be fired

PJ will continue to guard Durant, but they can now send immediate double-teams.  And as great as Durant is as a scorer, he's not the type of guy who makes his teammates better.  He's not a playmaker like Kyrie and Harden.  He'll take 30+ shots and score 30+ points.  Just can't let some clown like Jeff Green or Landry Shamet go off for 20.

I missed the game. How did they blow it?  Was Embiid just shooting outside shots all night?!
Whole team went into this funk. Including Doc. Embiid started struggling in the 3rd and Doc made no adjustments for it. Didn't try to get the 3 pt game going at all. They kept running the offense through Embiid who was slow on passes back when he was double teamed and settled for outside shots instead of working down low.

No one tried to draw fouls either. I think they got the Hawks 5th team foul in the 4th with only 4 minutes left and then I don't remember them getting any FTs that weren't shooting after that. 

It wasn't like the Hawks were on fire either. Sixers completely blew this one. 

Whole team went into this funk. Including Doc. Embiid started struggling in the 3rd and Doc made no adjustments for it. Didn't try to get the 3 pt game going at all. They kept running the offense through Embiid who was slow on passes back when he was double teamed and settled for outside shots instead of working down low.

No one tried to draw fouls either. I think they got the Hawks 5th team foul in the 4th with only 4 minutes left and then I don't remember them getting any FTs that weren't shooting after that. 

It wasn't like the Hawks were on fire either. Sixers completely blew this one. 
I'm not a NBA fan at all. I watched the game last night and I was shocked at how cold both team were. 

Embed was obviously hurting. He couldn't drive to the basket and, when he tried, it was very off balanced. Dude had no business playing that last quarter.

These playoffs are about as crazy as I can remember - of the 7 teams left I think a very legitimate case can be made for 6 of the 7 to win it all (Hawks are the one who aren't realistic, IMO).  I don't know if I can ever recall that being the case in the NBA.
5 of the 8 franchises have never won a title, and of the others most recent was 1983. One needs to be over 40 to remember any of them.

I missed the game. How did they blow it?  Was Embiid just shooting outside shots all night?!

i would say less that they went cold, it was more the whole offense went stangant. no passing, or moving around like the 1st half. Doc called it on his press conf. that everyone was looking to go too much hero ball.

Really think it may have to do with Embiid, and when he left to the lockerroom. team just seemed flat in the 2nd half. hopefully just a bump in the road, i expect them to be better on Wednesday. 

Reminds me of their loss in the 1st series. Sixers should have really swept this Atl series already, just never should have had Green guard Trae in 1st game, and the whole team went kind of belly up 2nd half of Game 4.

You have a hot player, you ride him till he isn't.

Doc should have been getting Seth the open shots.

Embiid's pretty good at passing to the open guy; that would have been the play to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why, because of Nash crying like a little baby to the media?
because it's how the NBA mysteriously works

"league has to clean up the rough play"... in game 5... of this 2nd round playoff series.... because it's an urgent problem.

i'd even wager Tucker gets his third early in the 2nd and 4th right after half.

"league has to clean up the rough play"... in game 5... of this 2nd round playoff series.... because it's an urgent problem.

Yep.   He’ll probably get his 2nd before the 6:00 mark of the first quarter.

if you're a playoff team with title aspirations and the words "run the offense through Seth Curry" come out of the coach's mouth you should just crumple up the season and throw it away
That does sound ridiculous doesn't it. LOL

I think Sixers would have won if they got him some more looks/shots last night.

He's one of the 'other guys' except that he was stepping up.

That does sound ridiculous doesn't it. LOL

I think Sixers would have won if they got him some more looks/shots last night.

He's one of the 'other guys' except that he was stepping up.
lol, yeah.  he might have been hot, but as the 4th/5th option he should be getting good looks and knocking them down.

Embiid being on one leg just killed them and no one else could get control of the game. who was attacking the basket? the only player anywhere near the hoop in the 4th was Embiid. everyone else was floating and watching.

4th quarter

Tobias: 0 - 2

Embiid: 0 - 5

Simmons: 0 - 0 ( :lmao: )

Curry: 0 - 1

Korkmaz: 1 - 2

Howard: 1 - 1

Milton: 2 - 4

Hill: 0 - 1

gross

Seth's 0-1 was the last desperate double-pump game ender.

So he really took zero shots in the 4th.

I see the over-reliance of Embiid  as more of a coaching adjustment that didn't happen.

I see the over-reliance of Embiid  as more of a coaching adjustment that didn't happen.
I don’t know how good a 3 point shooter Milton is but he was WIDE open and I don’t see how you could have blamed him for taking that shot.  As a Hawks fan I was much happier seeing a double pump 3 from Curry even though he almost made it.

AAABatteries said:
I don’t know how good a 3 point shooter Milton is but he was WIDE open and I don’t see how you could have blamed him for taking that shot.  As a Hawks fan I was much happier seeing a double pump 3 from Curry even though he almost made it.
He should have taken that one, for sure.

he was 1-2 on 3s before that point.

identikit said:

yeah, total mystery why Embiid on 1 leg is the focal point of the offense when it was clear the pain/injury took his aggression and confidence.

i guess hope was he'd get fouled and/or Atlanta would commit resources to stopping him and Embiid would find open shooters?? but it felt a lot like everyone was just standing there watching him when he did have the ball.

Duncan and Leroux, who are pretty neutral parties, have both commented multiple times on how many fouls PJ Tucker has gotten away with this series (Duncan compared it to NFL offensive linemen who hold on every play). I don’t think it would be a huge conspiracy if he got into early foul trouble at some point during the next few games. :lol:  

Duncan and Leroux, who are pretty neutral parties, have both commented multiple times on how many fouls PJ Tucker has gotten away with this series (Duncan compared it to NFL offensive linemen who hold on every play). I don’t think it would be a huge conspiracy if he got into early foul trouble at some point during the next few games. :lol:  
conspiracy? no.

a change from how the series has been called to this point? yes.

there's no doubt that NBA execs hear the chatter from fans, coaches, players, etc. and discuss with game officials, coaches, players their expectations going forward.

it's certainly not going to be some complex network of mysterious circumstances leading to an unforseen outcome.. more like "hey guys, we've been watching these games and the physicality is getting to be a bit over the top. we're going to be watching it more closely in game 5."

followed by quick whistles to set the tone.

that's the simplest way to accomplish reducing the physicality and if Tucker, who has been targeted as "getting away with too much" happens to get whistled a couple three times early... well... he should expect it because he was warned. and if those fouls happen to be called when he's guarding Durant, well that's just purely coincidental.

who would win in an all out street brawl nick the ninja master joker or bruce lee at his peak i say its a toss up take that to the bank bromigos 

identikit said:
You have a hot player, you ride him till he isn't.

Doc should have been getting Seth the open shots.

Embiid's pretty good at passing to the open guy; that would have been the play to make.
Doc said in his post conference that both Seth and Korkmaz should have got another 10 or 11 shots up. I think it was a lot less on Doc, and more on the Sixers on the court who weren't passing and finding open guys. Not sure what happened, but this game was very similar to that game 4 of the Wizards series. 

maybe they dont like seth curry and they were not passing to him to make him feel bad about himself as a form of on court bullying and if so the whole sixers team should be held to account by the league since we live in a time where bullying is not accepted and i will not stand for it take that to the bank bromigos 

I don't have a good feeling about this...  :loco:

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

Nets‘ James Harden plans to play tonight in Game 5 vs. Milwaukee barring a setback in pregame warmups, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. He’s been upgraded to questionable.

12:11 PM · Jun 15, 2021

Nets‘ James Harden plans to play tonight in Game 5 vs. Milwaukee barring a setback in pregame warmups, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. He’s been upgraded to questionable.

Wow

If there's anything fantasy football has taught us, it's that rushing back early from a hamstring injury always works out well . . .

mr. furley said:

Time for Bud to go Galaxy Brain and put Middleton on Durant and mix in double teams to start the game.

didnt watch, but i'm sure the Sixers missed the deep offensive focus that Danny Green provides
You joke, but taking him off the court adds one more questionable shooter or a subpar defender to the Sixers lineup...making it easier to double Embiid.

If there's anything fantasy football has taught us, it's that rushing back early from a hamstring injury always works out well . . .
I wonder if Harden's defense will be up to his normal standards? 😐

Fully expected this the minute that Kyrie went down in game 4.

Users who are viewing this thread