Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official 2020 Election General***

hagmania

3 minutes ago, SWC said:

i have been to richland county a lot and like to fish over there the total population is about 17000 people so even if none had been counted and they all voted for trump it would not change the outcome of the election also they have a frank lloyd wright building in richland center that they dont really take all that great care of and its pretty sad but they do have two quick trips take that to the bank bromigos 

:lmao: how many DQs?

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Yep. There's potential that good, sound things might get done. Radical things likely won't, and that sounds great to me.

Me too. 

3 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Data Orbital 

The analysis on outstanding ballots mostly being from Maricopa and favoring Biden misses a huge factor: at least 250k of the remaining ballots have a Republican advantage of 20%. Unlike in other states, late earlies will favor Trump. #ElectionTwitter #Election2020  #AZ

fwiw

Seems to me there are around 225k votes left there? Currently 52% for Biden so should be about 134k - 91k pickup for Biden there if that trend holds. Now if that 225k is heavily tilted towards R voters, I can’t account for that but I doubt it. 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Susan Collins is re-elected in Maine. If I'm not mistaken, R's maintain control of the Senate with that one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think (technically) it won't happen til the Georgia run-off. That isn't going blue though.

14 minutes ago, DraftGuru said:

Probably won’t until 7pm local, at least not from Maricopa County.

Yeah all outstanding votes in Maricopa County are counted but won’t be released until then. Not sure why. I guess the outstanding votes are ‘late earlies’ which are mail in ballots dropped off yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

I took their numbers of outstanding votes, per county and using NY Times data, assigned each counties voting proportions to the remaining uncounted.    in short, Biden gains 22k votes.  The two biggest counties with unprocesed votes were Maricopa (Biden +6) and Pima (Biden +22).  I'd be curious why they think these ballots are heavily republican.  I mean, some counties are, but not the big ones.  Hell, Mariocpa is bigger than the rest combined.

10 minutes ago, SWC said:

i have been to richland county a lot and like to fish over there the total population is about 17000 people so even if none had been counted and they all voted for trump it would not change the outcome of the election also they have a frank lloyd wright building in richland center that they dont really take all that great care of and its pretty sad but they do have two quick kwik trips take that to the bank bromigos 

fyp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, mr roboto said:
9 minutes ago, SWC said:

i have been to richland county a lot and like to fish over there the total population is about 17000 people so even if none had been counted and they all voted for trump it would not change the outcome of the election also they have a frank lloyd wright building in richland center that they dont really take all that great care of and its pretty sad but they do have two quick trips take that to the bank bromigos 

:lmao: how many DQs?

just one bromigo and it is right by starlight 14 the drive in take that to the honest to god truth bank brochacho

9 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Data Orbital 

The analysis on outstanding ballots mostly being from Maricopa and favoring Biden misses a huge factor: at least 250k of the remaining ballots have a Republican advantage of 20%. Unlike in other states, late earlies will favor Trump. #ElectionTwitter #Election2020  #AZ

fwiw

weird.  Taking Maricopa out of the mix and there are 190k ballots still there.  many heavily favor Trump but there's still Pima (Biden +22).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BassNBrew said:

These books are going to go out of business if this keeps up.  Surely people are abusing them on this.

Yeah I'm genuinely frustrated I'm not in a position to get in on this action. Easy, easy money given that you could have tickets with both at > +200. 

25 minutes ago, Yankee23Fan said:

Georgia is now 2,385,954 Trump.... 2,299,830 Biden

86k and change.  I think that's a few thousand LOWER than about 2 hours ago but I didn't do the real math then.

Georgia down to 83k in Trump's favor.  Those Atlanta counties are eating into the number slowly...

3 minutes ago, moleculo said:
14 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Data Orbital 

fwiw

weird.  Taking Maricopa out of the mix and there are 190k ballots still there.  many heavily favor Trump but there's still Pima (Biden +22).

Data Orbital works for the Trump Campaign.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Now Biden’s lawyer saying that they’ve won the election. SMH. Not as bad as Trump’s speech last night, but still inappropriate. This is why this election is so close: both candidates are way less than ideal.

Such a nice way of putting it.

• Laughing 1

17 minutes ago, Yankee23Fan said:

Flint, Michigan surrounding county is pretty much a dead heat.  I don't know enough about local Michigan politics to speak to that, but I didn't expect that at all.

I assume that doesn’t include the city of Flint? 

29 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Now Biden’s lawyer saying that they’ve won the election. SMH. Not as bad as Trump’s speech last night, but still inappropriate. This is why this election is so close: both candidates are way less than ideal.

:wall: Is it really asking too much for both sides to keep their yappers shut until the votes are counted?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:
11 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

That's what I thought. Plus, I thought NC could still go blue. Has that race been called yet?

No.  Votes can arrive until November 13th.  No one knows how many are in the mail.

What an incredible spectacle it will be if we have to wait until 11/13 as mail-in votes trickle in for North Carolina in order to decide this election.

Wow. Final returns are in from Macomb County, the blue-collar suburbs of Detroit, home to fabled "Reagan Dems" Trump won it by 12 points in 2016. Trump won it by 8 points in 2020. POTUS team hoped he'd *increase* that margin by 3-4 points. The opposite happened.

https://twitter.com/TimAlberta/status/1324045834808401926

Per my map on Fox: 100% in for Macomb

264,467 (53.3%) for Trump

225,509 (45.4%) for Biden

Edited by Don't Toews Me

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

I am guessing this is what the "real truth" on social media is touting too? 

I dont see how.  You think social media is so inuned to what 1 guy on a geek football site says?  Thats so conspiracy theory right there.  

5 minutes ago, moleculo said:

I took their numbers of outstanding votes, per county and using NY Times data, assigned each counties voting proportions to the remaining uncounted.    in short, Biden gains 22k votes.  The two biggest counties with unprocesed votes were Maricopa (Biden +6) and Pima (Biden +22).  I'd be curious why they think these ballots are heavily republican.  I mean, some counties are, but not the big ones.  Hell, Mariocpa is bigger than the rest combined.

The outstanding votes are mail in votes that were dropped off on Election Day. The Trump campaign is projecting based those votes going to Trump at the same clip as the in person voting (60% Trump). If that’s true, he has a chance. But if it trends more like mail-in voting, Biden will widen his lead. Most likely outcome is a combination of the two. My guess is that it leans towards in-person trends, brings Trump closer but not enough to win - maybe 55% Trump when he needs 60% to win.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

If Biden ends up with 270 EV, then there's no doubt in my mind that we end up with a faithless elector who throws the vote to the House.

But there's actually a sliver of a silver lining to that scenario -- if the faithless elector votes for Romney or Kasich or some other reasonable Republican, then he would suddenly become eligible for the House vote. At that point, the Democrats could join forces with one or two Republican states to at least vote Trump out of office.

A faithless elector muddying up a 270-268 presidential election would be peak 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Biff84 said:

The outstanding votes are mail in votes that were dropped off on Election Day. The Trump campaign is projecting based those votes going to Trump at the same clip as the in person voting (60% Trump). If that’s true, he has a chance. But if it trends more like mail-in voting, Biden will widen his lead. Most likely outcome is a combination of the two. My guess is that it leans towards in-person trends, brings Trump closer but not enough to win - maybe 55% Trump when he needs 60% to win.

Seems ironic that Trump is assuming the outstanding mail in votes will match the rate of in person voting he got in that district, when he basically begged is supporters to vote in person and not through the mail.  

25 minutes ago, Yankee23Fan said:

Flint, Michigan surrounding county is pretty much a dead heat.  I don't know enough about local Michigan politics to speak to that, but I didn't expect that at all.

I live in SE Genesee county, there is a lot of trump support in the rural areas and small towns outside of flint.  I'm not shocked at all that things are close here.  If you based your expectations strictly on lawn signs, you'd think trump would carry the county 75/25.

• Thanks 1