What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (5 Viewers)

The Commish said:
So his complaint is essentially that he doesn't meet the "socially" part of the equation?  Since it said "socially and economically" instead of "socially or economically" (which is how I took it initially) he's being discriminated against?  There's a myriad of people excluded there actually.
What?  I don't think you even read the documents I posted.  Or else you're in favor of discrimination as long as it's against white people.

What?  I don't think you even read the documents I posted.  Or else you're in favor of discrimination as long as it's against white people.
I read both of them and the only part he doesn't explicitly fit is the "socially" part best I can tell.  I am just trying to confirm that :shrug:  

No.  You can't be white. 
These are the qualifications from your link...please show me where it says that:

...the following individuals are “socially disadvantaged”: Black Americans; Hispanic Americans; Native Americans (Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, or enrolled members of a Federally or State recognized Indian Tribe); Asian Pacific Americans (persons with origins from Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei, Japan, China (including Hong Kong), Taiwan, Laos, Cambodia (Kampuchea), Vietnam, Korea, The Philippines, U.S. Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands (Republic of Palau), Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated Case 4:21-cv-00651-O Document 6 Filed 05/16/21 Page 2 of 9 PageID 279 plaintiffs’ motion for temporary restraining order Page 3 of 9 States of Micronesia, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Samoa, Macao, Fiji, Tonga, Kiribati, Tuvalu, or Nauru); Subcontinent Asian Americans (persons with origins from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, the Maldives Islands or Nepal); and members of other groups designated from time to time by SBA according to procedures set forth at paragraph (d) of this section. 13 C.F.R. § 124.103.

An “economically disadvantaged individual,” by contrast, is defined by statute to include: socially disadvantaged individuals whose ability to compete in the free enterprise system has been impaired due to diminished capital and credit opportunities as compared to others in the same business area who are not socially disadvantaged. In determining the degree of diminished credit and capital opportunities the Administration shall consider, but not be limited to, the assets and net worth of such socially disadvantaged individual. In determining the economic disadvantage of an Indian tribe, the Administration shall consider, where available, information such as the following: the per capita income of members of the tribe excluding judgment awards, the percentage of the local Indian population below the poverty level, and the tribe’s access to capital markets. 15 U.S.C. § 637(a)(5)(B). 
This is what happens when people read the headline and not the rest.  Granted it's highly unlikely to be "white" and meet the "socially disadvantaged" requirement (which is what I said that you keep saying is incorrect) but there are scenarios there :shrug:  

These are the qualifications from your link...please show me where it says that:

This is what happens when people read the headline and not the rest.  Granted it's highly unlikely to be "white" and meet the "socially disadvantaged" requirement (which is what I said that you keep saying is incorrect) but there are scenarios there :shrug:  
Yeah I'm not gonna engage with someone who makes the same baseless accusation multiple times when I've provided documents that literally say differently.  If anyone is not reading the rest it's you. 

Yeah I'm not gonna engage with someone who makes the same baseless accusation multiple times when I've provided documents that literally say differently.  If anyone is not reading the rest it's you. 
It's his MO.  :shrug:

You: "Water is wet"

Commish: "Well, the SCIENTIFIC fact that atoms and neutrons don't begin with the same letter proves your wrong!"

You: "Wait.  That doesn't make any sense."

Commish: "See, I was right.   This is the problem with people."

Last edited by a moderator:
Who plagiarized better?

Joe telling the the same joke as RR or Trump copying the speech from the end of Legally Blonde?
DEFINITELY,  Trump

Trump didn't screw up the delivery, beg for a laugh AFTER he crapped the bed, then get mad when the only laughing was AT him...not with him!. 

Yes....definitely Trump

Commish: "Well, the SCIENTIFIC fact that atoms and neutrons don't begin with the same letter proves your wrong!"

You guys are both welcome to point out in the text that John123 provided where it says he can't apply "because he's white"......I'll wait....just won't hold my breath.  Here it is again if scrolling up a couple posts is too cumbersome for you.

...the following individuals are “socially disadvantaged”: Black Americans; Hispanic Americans; Native Americans (Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, or enrolled members of a Federally or State recognized Indian Tribe); Asian Pacific Americans (persons with origins from Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei, Japan, China (including Hong Kong), Taiwan, Laos, Cambodia (Kampuchea), Vietnam, Korea, The Philippines, U.S. Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands (Republic of Palau), Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated Case 4:21-cv-00651-O Document 6 Filed 05/16/21 Page 2 of 9 PageID 279 plaintiffs’ motion for temporary restraining order Page 3 of 9 States of Micronesia, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, Samoa, Macao, Fiji, Tonga, Kiribati, Tuvalu, or Nauru); Subcontinent Asian Americans (persons with origins from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, the Maldives Islands or Nepal); and members of other groups designated from time to time by SBA according to procedures set forth at paragraph (d) of this section. 13 C.F.R. § 124.103.

An “economically disadvantaged individual,” by contrast, is defined by statute to include: socially disadvantaged individuals whose ability to compete in the free enterprise system has been impaired due to diminished capital and credit opportunities as compared to others in the same business area who are not socially disadvantaged. In determining the degree of diminished credit and capital opportunities the Administration shall consider, but not be limited to, the assets and net worth of such socially disadvantaged individual. In determining the economic disadvantage of an Indian tribe, the Administration shall consider, where available, information such as the following: the per capita income of members of the tribe excluding judgment awards, the percentage of the local Indian population below the poverty level, and the tribe’s access to capital markets. 15 U.S.C. § 637(a)(5)(B). 
Or, you can continue with the faux outrage about the individual reading the material provided and realizing the title is most likely misleading click bait and attacking the messenger instead.

This is 100% true.  :lmao:

The Biden Administration is flying migrant children into Tennessee under the cover of darkness, after Tennessee specifically told them that they didn't want them.

Anyone ever hear of the 10th Amendment which pretty much says that the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people?
You mean under the same program that has been happening since before Biden took office?

Link

The Office of Refugee Resettlement, which falls under the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, told The Tennessean it is in charge of unaccompanied children until they are united with a vetted sponsor, which is usually a parent or close relative. 

The office said 290 unaccompanied children were released in Davidson County between Oct. 1, 2020, and March 21. Statewide, a total of 717 unaccompanied children were released in the same time period.Those numbers span both the administration of former President Donald Trump and President Joe Biden. 
This does not mean they are being housed here as first requested.

The Biden people would like to claim it was all him. The conservative media has it as all Egypt, and Biden gets no credit at all. As usual the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. 

The Biden people would like to claim it was all him. The conservative media has it as all Egypt, and Biden gets no credit at all. As usual the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. 

Who cares if the conservative media isn’t giving credit.  You care about mainstream media.  No clue what involvement Sleepy Joe had in the cease fire, I would imagine a little bit at least.

You mean under the same program that has been happening since before Biden took office?

Link

This does not mean they are being housed here as first requested.
Oh...I was looking for your link explaining how the Feds can override the wishes of a state in an instance where the Feds have no jurisdiction 

Oh...I was looking for your link explaining how the Feds can override the wishes of a state in an instance where the Feds have no jurisdiction 
Again...the wishes pf the state were about housing migrant children.   Transporting to family or placements (as may be the case here) is not the same thing.   I thought that was clear by my post.

Again...the wishes pf the state were about housing migrant children.   Transporting to family or placements (as may be the case here) is not the same thing.   I thought that was clear by my post.
Did you find that in the 10th Ammendment

I think you went off half-cocked again believing your precious MSM.  Probably should have waited for more facts to come out.

Exactly what did Biden do himself?  The documented phone calls etc were done by others.  

Perhaps the genius of Biden in the Middle East situation is:  Since he is fairly ineffectual and lacking influence, the local countries have no option than to solve it themselves.  Could be some 5D chess we are watching here.  👍

Under Obama rules a passing rumor like this deserves a couple Nobel Peace prizes.

Perhaps the genius of Biden in the Middle East situation is:  Since he is fairly ineffectual and lacking influence, the local countries have no option than to solve it themselves.  Could be some 5D chess we are watching here.  👍
Just watch joes speech to us coast guard graduation a few days ago for a good laugh.  Joe playing checkers... 

Several reports that Biden got the ceasefire done behind the scenes. This is how diplomacy works in normal administrations. 

Direct Headline: Hamas Seeking a Way Out: Shortage in Rockets, Loss of Assets, Launching Capabilities Hindered

By Baruch Yedid / TPS May 13, 2021

https://www.jewishpress.com/news/eye-on-palestine/hamas/hamas-seeking-a-way-out-shortage-in-rockets-loss-of-assets-launching-capabilities-hindered/2021/05/13/

Direct Headline: AP Interview: Hamas official says ‘no shortage of missiles’

May 20, 2021 3:48 pm

https://ktiv.com/2021/05/20/ap-interview-hamas-official-says-no-shortage-of-missiles/

Direct Headline: Gaza Staggers Under Shortages as Israel Steps Up Attacks

May 18, 2021, 2:53 a.m. ET

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/05/14/world/israel-gaza-updates

Direct Headline: Biden administration approves $735 million weapons sale to Israel

By Jacqueline Alemany, Karoun Demirjian and John Hudson May 17, 2021 at 10:21 p.m. UTC

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/05/17/biden-administration-approves-735-million-weapons-sale-israel/

Direct Headline: More Than 40 Senators Write to Biden Demanding End to Iran Nuclear Talks Over Hamas Funding

By Aila Slisco On 5/12/21 at 9:36 PM EDT

https://www.newsweek.com/more-40-senators-write-biden-demanding-end-iran-nuclear-talks-over-hamas-funding-1591031

Israel has been launching coordinated air strikes and rotating sorties to take out enemy missile supply depots, command and control centers, top tier leadership and launchers. Given how many missiles were already fired (3500+ to 4000+ by estimates) and how much attrition is happening to the supply chain, this is a war where one side is soon going to be down to throwing rocks and bottles. Also the communities around Hamas are suffering ( water and power) and without their support, there's no way they could have kept up this kind of attrition/volume.

If one of your leaders, one of the few who didn't get clipped already, pops up his head to scream out, "We still have lots of missiles left!" then rest assured, you don't have lots of missiles left. It's not a cease fire if you have nothing else to shoot at your enemies.

You want to give Joe Biden credit for one side running out of missiles? 

This is your vision of effective international diplomacy? Let them keep shooting and killing each other until they run out of ammo?

Well what makes it a silver lining for Biden is he can sell more weapons to Israel, and like he did with Obama, funnel tons of cash to Iran so they can fund Hamas so eventually more missiles from their side will start killing more people in a few years. But the Obama/Biden team have experience with some of this right? Operation Fast and Furious. Do you remember that? When Eric Holder was given orders to help arm the Sinaloa Cartel?  Who needs Hunter Biden infused Burisma money when you can just become the world's biggest gun runner for leverage and profit?

This is what you call "diplomacy"? Being an arms dealer, direct or indirect, to make yourself a party to slaughter, misery, death, drug dealing and genocide?

Just watch joes speech to us coast guard graduation a few days ago for a good laugh.  Joe playing checkers... 
I need to learn how you do that embedded quote thingy here.  Anyway, I apologize but I was trying to be sarcastic, hence the “fairly ineffectual and lacking influence.”  Earlier I mentioned Biden’s clear cognitive decline in the context of not knowing who is really setting policy in general.  But another, perhaps more dangerous, concern is the perception of world leaders.  I don’t mean soy boys like Trudeau, who may have been offended by Trump’s mean tweets.  I mean Putin, Xi, POS leaders of Islamic terror groups.  How will they act?

Think about the Trump years — he was constantly attacked from within including the media, we had that little pandemic thing, was there ever a better time to go rogue?  And yet... remarkably peaceful, heck we even brokered some peace deals between Israel and Arab countries.  Why?  My theory, and this is pure opinion, is as follows:  the people I mentioned are somewhere on the crazy scale.  You don’t rise to their level without a trail of body bags behind you.  And also highly aggressive, low patience, and low respect for authority (I was a consultant for personality analyses in a past career).  Sound familiar?  Kinda like Trump.  I think they viewed him as similar to them, with just enough crazy to do something... unpredictable if they got out of line.

Now we’ve got Biden and he is being tested early.  Trump would have told Israel “do what you need to do, let us know how we can help.”  Biden is Solomon trying to split the baby.  I actually think a younger Biden had enough tough guy in him to pull off dealing with these guys.  Now, eh...

Trump would have told Israel “do what you need to do, let us know how we can help.” 
Which would have been terrible like most of Trump’s foreign policy. And since the bombing of Gaza, in which a lot of innocent people were murdered, was largely done in order to increase Netanyahu’s personal political power. I’m sure Trump would have admired it. 

Some pretty good reporting on this issue: 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/22/politics/biden-foreign-policy-middle-east-asia/index.html

Joe Biden doesn’t like Netanyahu. Most decent people don’t; Bibi is a self-serving corrupt politician willing to let innocent people die in order to pursue his own ends of staying in power (not coincidentally, Trump loves him.) Yet Biden called him four times last week, putting enormous pressure behind the scenes to achieve a ceasefire. That’s what diplomacy is about, that’s what putting the interests of the USA over your own is about. Some of the takes in this thread have been ridiculous. But not surprising, because all too many conservatives have a fantasy view of Joe Biden completely unrelated to reality, But again, that’s because they’re getting their news from disreputable sources. 

When Joe Biden is easily re-elected I think some people in here are going to be pretty surprised. Though they shouldn’t be and they will have no excuse for it. 

Some pretty good reporting on this issue: 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/22/politics/biden-foreign-policy-middle-east-asia/index.html

Joe Biden doesn’t like Netanyahu. Most decent people don’t; Bibi is a self-serving corrupt politician willing to let innocent people die in order to pursue his own ends of staying in power (not coincidentally, Trump loves him.) Yet Biden called him four times last week, putting enormous pressure behind the scenes to achieve a ceasefire. That’s what diplomacy is about, that’s what putting the interests of the USA over your own is about. Some of the takes in this thread have been ridiculous. But not surprising, because all too many conservatives have a fantasy view of Joe Biden completely unrelated to reality, But again, that’s because they’re getting their news from disreputable sources. 
CNN?  LOL.  

I need to learn how you do that embedded quote thingy here.  Anyway, I apologize but I was trying to be sarcastic, hence the “fairly ineffectual and lacking influence.”  Earlier I mentioned Biden’s clear cognitive decline in the context of not knowing who is really setting policy in general.  But another, perhaps more dangerous, concern is the perception of world leaders.  I don’t mean soy boys like Trudeau, who may have been offended by Trump’s mean tweets.  I mean Putin, Xi, POS leaders of Islamic terror groups.  How will they act?

Think about the Trump years — he was constantly attacked from within including the media, we had that little pandemic thing, was there ever a better time to go rogue?  And yet... remarkably peaceful, heck we even brokered some peace deals between Israel and Arab countries.  Why?  My theory, and this is pure opinion, is as follows:  the people I mentioned are somewhere on the crazy scale.  You don’t rise to their level without a trail of body bags behind you.  And also highly aggressive, low patience, and low respect for authority (I was a consultant for personality analyses in a past career).  Sound familiar?  Kinda like Trump.  I think they viewed him as similar to them, with just enough crazy to do something... unpredictable if they got out of line.

Now we’ve got Biden and he is being tested early.  Trump would have told Israel “do what you need to do, let us know how we can help.”  Biden is Solomon trying to split the baby.  I actually think a younger Biden had enough tough guy in him to pull off dealing with these guys.  Now, eh...
I agree that biden is perceived as weak like Obama therefore we should expect more foreign policy issues.  

I agree that biden is perceived as weak like Obama therefore we should expect more foreign policy issues.  
Perceived by who? Not by the world. No President since Jimmy Carter has ever been perceived as weak as Trump by the rest of the world. Biden is highly respected in comparison. 

Perceived by who? Not by the world. No President since Jimmy Carter has ever been perceived as weak as Trump by the rest of the world. Biden is highly respected in comparison. 
I’m generalizing but trump is unpredictable which played as a strength in foreign policy issues.  World leaders would never know how he would react to certain issues.  Biden like Obama takes the pacification approach that can lead to leaders getting more aggressive.  

This is why i sometimes just dont get you.    And you dont get it.

I’m generalizing but trump is unpredictable which played as a strength in foreign policy issues.  World leaders would never know how he would react to certain issues.  Biden like Obama takes the pacification approach that can lead to leaders getting more aggressive.  
Trump was not unpredictable. He and his fans liked to think that. But in fact he was the most predictable President in foreign policy that I can ever remember- admired dictators, did whatever Putin wanted, shied away from confrontation, looked for photo-ops, constantly whined and threatened. 

Which would have been terrible like most of Trump’s foreign policy. And since the bombing of Gaza, in which a lot of innocent people were murdered, was largely done in order to increase Netanyahu’s personal political power. I’m sure Trump would have admired it. 
Israel uses its missiles to protect its citizens.

Hamas uses its citizens to protect its missiles.

I’ll never understand the love liberals have for such a heartless overt terrorist organization like Hamas.  But you do you.  

Trump was not unpredictable. He and his fans liked to think that. But in fact he was the most predictable President in foreign policy that I can ever remember- admired dictators, did whatever Putin wanted, shied away from confrontation, looked for photo-ops, constantly whined and threatened. 
Biden is doing more in the last 3 weeks than trump did for putin.

Israel uses its missiles to protect its citizens.

Hamas uses its citizens to protect its missiles.

I’ll never understand the love liberals have for such a heartless overt terrorist organization like Hamas.  But you do you.  
Hamas is evil. I have no love for them at all. Your  statements, besides being overly simplistic, have nothing to do with my post. 

Hamas is evil. I have no love for them at all. Your  statements, besides being overly simplistic, have nothing to do with my post. 
Thanks, pot!  Meet kettle.  Funny you say that because I gave a thought out explanation of why I think Putin, Xi, and Islamic terrorist leaders respected Trump, and your rebuttal was “no leaders respect Trump.”  Thanks for that insight. 

Oh and to your statement above, I would think your statement “in which a lot of innocent people were murdered” is pretty directly related to my statement.  HTH

Users who are viewing this thread