What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in? (7 Viewers)

Thanks BF!    This is exactly what I was hoping for -- a short and simple list.  Awesome and much appreciated!

BTW - the two words that disgust me (and my daughter) the most:   "juicy chicken."   I love eating dried out chicken.  That means it was cooked.  ;)
Sacrilege. Scars from your childhood I’d guess. Similar to those that prefer well done steaks. You can have fully cooked chicken pulled at the proper temp that is incredibly juicy. Especially if brined. Overcooking it is a sin. The texture you don’t like may be rubbery - happens when you overcook it. 

Sacrilege. Scars from your childhood I’d guess. Similar to those that prefer well done steaks. You can have fully cooked chicken pulled at the proper temp that is incredibly juicy. Especially if brined. Overcooking it is a sin. The texture you don’t like may be rubbery - happens when you overcook it. 
Yeah - that post by APK had all kinds of wrong in it.  😀

🤢🤢🤢🤢

134g protein

31g fiber

1834mg sodium 

Lifted. Ran 40 minutes and walked another 15. Lots of fruits and vegetables.  Two Lindor Lindt chocolate balls whatever those things are called.  Really would have preferred a drink and if I hadn't given it up for lent I might have cracked. 

18 days to Easter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really good to see some folks going strong in here!!  I ticked up about 2-3 lbs on the scale last week — my M&M issue got a bit out of hand — so I stopped buying junk food and kept it out of the house.  Still up 1-1.5 lbs but some of that was planned, as I’m on a quest to build muscle and eat healthier.  Have been doing the 100 pushup plan plus some core strengthening exercises.   Can tell I’m getting stronger.  Just need to stop eating garbage and be disciplined about healthier eating.

209.4... Let's keep this train rolling! 
196.2 - Choo-Choo!

Hoping to get down under 190 by my birthday in 8 weeks.  My plan (obviously) is to go slow and steady and pretty much change nothing in the short term.  If I do start ramping up my exercise I’ll re-evaluate but I’m enjoying going at a snails pace right now.  I know that sounds weird but that’s part of my strategy.

173g protein

48g fiber

4100mg sodium not good

Made turkey chili and ate too much of it, 2100 calories, 600 exercise so I stayed under for the day but I used one of those store bought chili seasoning packets without reading the back closely and it destroyed my sodium. That and an egg white omelet for breakfast put my protein way up which is good my muscles were getting beat up 

17 days to Easter 

• Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Weekly Loss   |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • NEW START DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS TO VALENTINES DAY - GOAL MADE! SUB 200!
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                 Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 19        199.5                -26.6                  -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Feb 26        197.9                -28.2                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1535
  • Mar 5          195.9                -30.2                  -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1575
  • Mar 12        194.4                -31.7                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1648
  • Mar 13        194.2                -31.9                                         1450
  • Mar 14        194.8                -31.3                                         1470
  • Mar 15        194.4                -31.7                                         1490
  • Mar 16        195.1                -31.0                                         1450
  • Mar 17        193.5                -32.6                                         1480
  • Mar 18        192.4                -33.7
Interesting 2 days, and the only real factor I can think of is back to back good poop days after not having gone for probably 4 days.  Did not expect to see the dramatic drop yesterday nor the one today.  I weighed 3 times both days to verify.  Would really expect a bounce up tomorrow to level it out but if it holds, it is still just a 2 pound loss for the week, which is pretty close to what I've been averaging.  Actually had another good poop today for 3 in a row, but I expect the number to be up some tomorrow.  The 180s are in sight, and I didn't really expect that.

Weight is stubbornly stuck around 211. But the running thing is going great. My shuffle is getting close to an actual jog. 4+ miles today at 13:19 pace and 143 BPM. 
4.8 miles today, 13:21 pace, 147 BPM. 

My cheater, post-workout weigh-in: 207.2. My official morning weigh-ins have all been 209ish this week, so I'm still on track for the 205 goal by end of the month.  :boxing:

113g protein

31g fiber

1295mg sodium

Under calories at 1479 for the day- no exercise, no extra calories.  I like the way I feel these days and didn't really skimp. 

Coffee with creamer/milk

skyr with strawberries raspberries and blueberries and half a serving of nature Valley cranberry and almond protein granola

Ground turkey chili (1/4 can each of black beans and diced tomatoes, 4 oz turkey, and beef broth)

Baked chicken breast with guacamole and a baked potato with 1 tbsp butter

Checked my blood pressure earlier and it was 116 over 71. 

16 more days of this until Easter. Next time I go shopping I'm stocking up on wine. 

yeah, props to @bostonfred with this thread, great seeing all of these success stories. I haven't updated recently, and have plateaud a little, but still going in the right direction

mid-December  -  258

3.18.21  -  229.6

Started more focused about mid January, so happy with the results definitely. Still have a ways to go to hit where i want to be (around 190-195), but i can see the path to getting there. Can be frustrating when the weight doesn't go down when you anticipate it should, but i had a good article on the app i am using for intermittent fasting that talked about .

Right now i am working in between 18-22 hours of fasting 5 days out of the week, When weekends come i practice more of a 14 or 16 hour fast, In simplest terms, biggest difference has been cutting out eating after 7:00 at night or so, and really just drinking water with no soda or juice. still have some crappy meals, and they tend to hurt more with only eating 1 or 2 meals in a day. But portion control has been good still, and it is really nice to allow myself to have some pizza or bread and not sweat it much at all. 

I figure in a month or month and a half if i have really plateau i will worry about the details much more. But for now i usually can go around 1400 calories a day or so. there are days where i have dipped below that, but have been reading a lot about how that may cause my standing metabolic rate to drop as well and damage my overall metabolism. 

But along with the diet stuff above, i try to use my rowing machine 4 times a week, more if i can, and sometimes a little less. Also getting around 100 push-ups 5 times a week, and general stuff like walking dogs or building stairs for a pool deck. All in all, think i am doing something right and it feels like this is one that can be maintained nicely 

198.6 yesterday...was thinking it was maybe a blip after last week's plateau around 203.  Had hit 201 and 200.6 before that drop under 200.  Well...today was 198.2...so don't think it was just a blip.

A little extra exercise daily taking our new "old" dog on little walks.  She is an old (and tiny) girl so we have not ventured out too far with her yet.  But adding that extra 2 walks around the block each day with just more steps in walking here a little bit when she needs to go out (walks for now til fence gets built).

And digestive issues have been working out better.  A little extra fiber intake...combined with a thought that I had been eating a banana almost every day (and to keep them fresh enough, probably was eating half of them when they were still a little green on the outside (and reading that this has the opposite effect of the good fiber in bananas).  So stayed away from them for a little bit and seems to be back on track which IMO is resulting in the drop.  We will see how everything else goes. But happy to be under 2 bills and well on my way to my goal...which now seems possible to drop it even more.  Originally 190-195.  And that may still work out best as I may plateau there...but thinking 185-190 is both doable and sustainable.

198.6 yesterday...was thinking it was maybe a blip after last week's plateau around 203.  Had hit 201 and 200.6 before that drop under 200.  Well...today was 198.2...so don't think it was just a blip.

A little extra exercise daily taking our new "old" dog on little walks.  She is an old (and tiny) girl so we have not ventured out too far with her yet.  But adding that extra 2 walks around the block each day with just more steps in walking here a little bit when she needs to go out (walks for now til fence gets built).

And digestive issues have been working out better.  A little extra fiber intake...combined with a thought that I had been eating a banana almost every day (and to keep them fresh enough, probably was eating half of them when they were still a little green on the outside (and reading that this has the opposite effect of the good fiber in bananas).  So stayed away from them for a little bit and seems to be back on track which IMO is resulting in the drop.  We will see how everything else goes. But happy to be under 2 bills and well on my way to my goal...which now seems possible to drop it even more.  Originally 190-195.  And that may still work out best as I may plateau there...but thinking 185-190 is both doable and sustainable.
the weight fluctuations are an absolute mind stretch. I think i posted about one i had a few weeks ago where i weighed myself, didn't eat anything for 4-5 hours, walked my dogs for about 50 minutes, and played with my kid at the playground. Came back and i had gained like 2 pounds  :shock: .

Was driving me crazy so now i weigh in twice a week to meet an obligation for a wellness program with my job, and luckily an app i use takes the weigh ins i submit and basically looks at an average. Not sure how it is calculated, but if i weigh and gain a pound or 2 out of nowhere, luckily the app doesn't tell me i gained weight mysteriously

• Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Dec 24         212.9                -13.2                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1523
  • Dec 26         213.1               -13.0                                          Avg daily calories during period: 1510       
  • Jan 1           211.2                -14.9                  -1.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1983
  • Jan 8           210.3                -15.8                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1546
  • Jan 15         207.0                -19.1                  -3.3                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Jan 22         205.4                -20.7                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1513
  • Jan 29         203.0                -23.1                  -2.4                 Avg daily calories during period: 1521
  • Feb 5          202.1                -24.0                  -0.9                 Avg daily calories during period: 1594
  • Feb 12        200.6                -25.5                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1851
  • Feb 19        199.5                -26.6                  -1.1                 Avg daily calories during period: 1524
  • Feb 26        197.9                -28.2                  -1.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1535
  • Mar 5          195.9                -30.2                  -2.0                 Avg daily calories during period: 1575
  • Mar 12        194.4                -31.7                  -1.5                 Avg daily calories during period: 1648
  • Mar 19        191.8                -34.3                  -2.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1470
Didn't see that coming, expected a blip today because of the big losses the prior 2 days, and I dipped again.  This was the 2nd largest weight loss week after Christmas and I really have no explanation other than having 3 days in a row of good poops.

Keep it up all!

105g protein

61g fiber 

2440mg sodium

Stayed under calories again no running or lifting. Back to back days of rest and lower (1582) calories although I did a bunch of walking today.  Mostly just let the day get away from me but also letting my it bands get some rest.  It actually feels more difficult to not exercise than to run now which is good.  Weather is supposed to be nice all weekend so I'm looking forward to running outside a little.  

15 days to Easter. 

the weight fluctuations are an absolute mind stretch. I think i posted about one i had a few weeks ago where i weighed myself, didn't eat anything for 4-5 hours, walked my dogs for about 50 minutes, and played with my kid at the playground. Came back and i had gained like 2 pounds  :shock: .

Was driving me crazy so now i weigh in twice a week to meet an obligation for a wellness program with my job, and luckily an app i use takes the weigh ins i submit and basically looks at an average. Not sure how it is calculated, but if i weigh and gain a pound or 2 out of nowhere, luckily the app doesn't tell me i gained weight mysteriously
Happens with me. I just stay the course and am not fixated on the scale. Clothes are falling off me and having to get new belts. Sometimes I laugh at the scale. Next day or two it’s back on track. All good

Spent so much time outside today running, walking, and hanging out with the neighbors while the kids all played together that I got sun/wind burnt. Great day!

ETA: and it's only 57 degrees. Haha. What's it gonna be like when it's 70, 80 degrees outside?

Last edited by a moderator:
Man admire the diligence Fred. That’s a long time without booze. People doing some great work here. Inspiring. 
Wife is on the program with me. Makes it much easier. Eating healthy and moving. She did 17K steps yesterday. Everyone in good shape - including our Lab
Thanks. I find it much easier to lose weight if I just give up the booze for a while but I'm going to try to lose a few more after Easter while still having a glass here or there. My wife is not doing this with me which is fine because I end up making almost all of my own meals. Pros and cons to each way I guess.  

Agree that the progress in here is pretty amazing, I know some people check in more often and have made more progress while people who make more progress are more likely to want to check in so I hope everyone is doing well and nobody feels intimidated because they aren't seeing the same results or have backslid. Posting helped me and I hope it helps others. 

I'm somewhat frustrated at the moment, but I think it'll be temporary. My morning weigh-ins last week were consistently trending down through 209 and well into the 208s. Friday morning was 208.4ish and post workout was 206.6. Then we went out for Famous dave's and I woke up at 211 on Saturday! Sunday morning was the same.  Calories were taken in the app and I was fine, so it's gotta be lots of heavy meat and water weight. Had some good bathroom business today though so going tomorrow morning is back on track. 

Running wise I'm feeling really good.. consistently doing low 13 min/mile and average BPM around 145. The runs are easy. I did a faster run the other day at 10 min/mile and could tell I was working but felt much better than I did a mere two weeks ago before starting these MAF runs. 

I'm somewhat frustrated at the moment, but I think it'll be temporary. My morning weigh-ins last week were consistently trending down through 209 and well into the 208s. Friday morning was 208.4ish and post workout was 206.6. Then we went out for Famous dave's and I woke up at 211 on Saturday! Sunday morning was the same.  Calories were taken in the app and I was fine, so it's gotta be lots of heavy meat and water weight. Had some good bathroom business today though so going tomorrow morning is back on track. 

Running wise I'm feeling really good.. consistently doing low 13 min/mile and average BPM around 145. The runs are easy. I did a faster run the other day at 10 min/mile and could tell I was working but felt much better than I did a mere two weeks ago before starting these MAF runs. 
Stay the course.  Don’t worry about 1-2 day fluctuations.

Love to hear that about the shuffles.  And yes you're supposed to mix in some "normal" runs.  I've heard different numbers from different people but it seems like for guys like us maybe 80 slow, 20 fast or so. 

For the weight... i weighed in at 212 yesterday, worked my butt off, ate a bunch but stayed under calories, woke up early today and was 215. It happens. It can take a couple days even a week plus sometimes and it's not just drinking water and pooping although those both help. Trust the process.  If you're eating less than you're burning then you're still burning fat. 

Stay the course.  Don’t worry about 1-2 day fluctuations.
Totally agree, it's just usually the fluctuations are half pound, not almost three pounds. If I only weighed myself once a week I'd have been crushed because I wouldn't have seen the steady progress downwards when I saw 211 on Saturday two weeks in a row. But there are cons to daily weigh-ins too. 

Anyway, you're absolutely right. Today was back on track.

Totally agree, it's just usually the fluctuations are half pound, not almost three pounds. If I only weighed myself once a week I'd have been crushed because I wouldn't have seen the steady progress downwards when I saw 211 on Saturday two weeks in a row. But there are cons to daily weigh-ins too. 

Anyway, you're absolutely right. Today was back on track.
I'm a big believer in daily weigh ins because you really learn how your body works. But if it's going to crush your morale to be up the morning after a big salty meal or when you havent pooped recently, or make you stop drinking enough water so you can weigh in lower the next day, then just go with weekly. It's up to the person.

Forgot what thread I was in and posted over in Otis thread.  Was down to 194.4 this morning.  Had probably my best weekend since I started - I ate pretty clean, no snacking and while I did have a few beers, 1 cocktail and a couple bourbons I offset that with decent activity and finally did some exercise - kettlebell squats and swings.  Also, did 50 jumps with the jump rope - I’ve always found jumping rope to be a great workout.

congrats to all you brohans and brohanistas who are kicking butt or rather kicking butt off of your butt way to go i am staying solid and basically move within a 5 pound range and i am very happy that it is finally getting nice here and i can really go on walks and bike rides again without it being literally painful from the cold today i did 5 and a half miles on a 1 hour 51 minute walk and i hope to get back out again this afternoon and have eaten a cup of cheerios and one half cup of skim milk same story different day i just keep on keepin on and making my heart doctors happy anyhow good on you all hope you are doing well and take care take that to the bank bromigos 

12/29: 268.6

2/23: 235.4

3/2: 230.6

3/9: 231.4

3/16: 225.4

So down 43 pounds in 11 weeks. I think after losing 6 pounds last week, my body is hitting a plateau this week. I have stuck to my diet plan but am basically flat on my weight. Getting those last 30-35 pounds off is going to be a challenge. But watching you guys definitely gives me motivation to stick with it.

• Nov 27         226.1                                           
  • Mar 19        191.8                -34.3                  -2.6                 Avg daily calories during period: 1470
  • Mar 20        192.0                -34.1                                         1480
  • Mar 21        192.2                -33.9                                         1530
  • Mar 22        192.6                -33.5                                         1970

It's exciting because it's like a video game where you win by pooping

Speaking of which, no poops since the great Apoopcalypse where I went 3 days in a row, and now I've gained 3 straight days.

So down 43 pounds in 11 weeks. I think after losing 6 pounds last week, my body is hitting a plateau this week. I have stuck to my diet plan but am basically flat on my weight. Getting those last 30-35 pounds off is going to be a challenge. But watching you guys definitely gives me motivation to stick with it.
:jawdrop:   Amazing! 

I need to show this to a friend of mine.  He just topped 270 for the first time (of course he's 6'6 so it doesn't show as much) but he's been pretty discouraged with his loss.  This is a great model, he'd like to get to probably 235.  Anything in particular with your diet plan?

Great work!

Not gonna lie. I've been slacking.  Haven't gained anything but just sitting at my 209 number.

30 to go .....need to FOCUS

No excuse but I can barely move my left hip for the past week and a half so that's not helpful

Those MAF shuffles are paying off. Just did a 4.5 mile outdoor run in 45 minutes. Heart rate went up a little over my goal but not too bad, but that's a longer distance than I've been doing the last year or so and I felt like I could easily keep going.  Feels really good. 
Tried the same route and decided to change it up by doing a loop instead of an out and back.  Turns out I have never run this route, only driven it.  Instead of 4.5 miles I ended up doing a little over 7.  Finished in a very good 72 minutes. Knees feel fine, heart rate never went above 147 that i saw.  I guess I need to start increasing my long runs a little because I was apparently getting complacent with daily 5ks. 

Not gonna lie. I've been slacking.  Haven't gained anything but just sitting at my 209 number.

30 to go .....need to FOCUS

No excuse but I can barely move my left hip for the past week and a half so that's not helpful
You're not slacking, you're maintaining. And maintaining when you're slacking is pretty awesome. I was slacking for years and I've had to spend the last three months working my way down to 212.  Your before picture is my after picture.  So give yourself some credit, you didn’t waste that time. You maintained, and that takes effort. Losing takes more effort and if you're hurting it's hard to put that effort in.  Nothing wrong with that. 

This is just so awesome to read.  Great work.  Hope you at least take a minute to be proud of your progress so far.

Users who are viewing this thread