What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's lose some weight in 2021. Back to the grind... who else is in? (8 Viewers)

Nov 30: 234.4

Dec 3: 232.0

Dec 7: 230.0

Dec 11: 227.2

Dec 14: 227.2

Although I have stayed the same weight since Dec 11, I feel okay. I had a couple of days of little exercise and yesterday had 3 beers and few too many slices of homemade pizza, although I did walk 6.5 miles. Back on the cardio workout today and watching my food intake closely. Stay strong!

Kidney stone is lingering but it's feeling better everyday. This week I will try and exercise more consistently and I know it will help me feel better overall. It pains me not to workout (habit was formed) as I have done over 225 exercise sessions this year. 

Sidenote: I love my wife, she is awesome and the bestie. She has them good genes that can eat junk for days and only gain a tad. She didn't have to worry about weight gain at all until about age 24. On the other hand, I was a easy gainer starting at age 8. So when she makes FOUR plates of from scratch Mexican vanilla almond sugar cookies, and we are literally alone, it takes all my strength to not have them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

:hifive: Go team.

Forgot to mention she makes the best powdered sugar frosting as well to go on them. #limit3perday

Last edited by a moderator:
Weighed in this morning at a number I never thought I’d hit and not in a good way. Today is day 1 for me.
That's exactly what did it for me.  227 the day after Thanksgiving at 6 feet is not good.  Feeling better at 215.6 this morning.  But even that is a shame because I never thought I'd float in the 2 teens.  Next goal is 200 with a long term goal of 190.

• Date         |  Weight   |   Chg From Start  |   Calories
  • Nov 27         226.1                                           1210
  • Nov 28         223.3                 -2.8                   1400
  • Nov 29         221.7                 -4.4                   1450
  • Nov 30         221.5                 -4.6                   1450
  • Dec 1           221.5                 -4.6                    1410
  • Dec 2           220.4                 -5.7                    1470
  • Dec 3           220.9                 -5.2                    1470
  • Dec 4           221.7                 -4.4                    1450
  • Dec 5           220.0                 -6.1                    1430
  • Dec 6           219.1                 -7.0                    1500
  • Dec 7           219.1                 -7.0                    1420
  • Dec 8           218.4                 -7.7                    1470
  • Dec 9           217.8                 -8.3                    2120
  • Dec 10         217.1                 -9.0                    1470
  • Dec 11         216.2                 -9.9                    1520
  • Dec 12         216.7                 -9.4                    1450
  • Dec 13         216.0                -10.1                   1510
  • Dec 14         215.6                -10.5

Corporation said:
My son is on the spectrum as well. Not sure how old he is but I think I'm a good bit older than you (47) so I think my son is likely older as well.  Just want you to know there is light at the end of the tunnel.  After a lot of years struggling early on in elementary school, the specialized attention he got in middle school really set him up well.  He did well in high school and is now a sophomore in college. I would gladly eat Wendy's if it meant a glint of happiness in his eyes.

Keep it up!
Thanks man, it's a different type of parenting that's for sure. Awesome that he's in college - there are days I wonder whether that's a real possibility and others that I feel like he's on track but regardless I'm just doing my best to prepare him for life. 

🤜🤛

Looks like you found a good comfort zone of around 1,500 calories a day.

Keep moving, you're doing amazing work here.

Maybe buy yourself a Christmas gift you know nobody else will get you.

Super good work here.  Wow.  Consistent.

Are you reporting total calories, or calories “net” of exercise?  Asking for a friend. ;)

You said you're tracking consumption but you're doing weight watcher points not tracking calories right?  Do you have days you eat a lot of zero point foods? 
I wouldnt say lots. But there are days my dinners will be 4 points or lower. I asked my wife to make shrimp last night because I had some snacks during the day. Not enough to be over my points, just too many for me to have anything substantial for dinner. 

Yesterday despite some spirited Tennis, I ate terrible and i drank a lot watching the Phins lose and then just vegging out on NFL all afternoon/evening. 

6 Cans of Beer/Tequila shot/Wine....minimum 1,000+ calories from liquor.  Hoagie Sammich during the game...500 calories at least. 

French Baguette Pizza throughout the day....1,000 calories let's say. Sweets and snacks and garbage...500 calories

3,000+ calorie intake day, at least Double what I would normally consume. Scale this morning was back up to 184, started at 185 so I'm not losing much weight despite all the exercise just so I simply am not packing on weight thru the holidays. I'll get this cleaned up, went to the specialty grocery stores this morning to stock up so we aren't trying to eat out the next few days. 

I'm simply not focused and I have a lot in motion right now, possibly living in an entirely new State come Jan/Feb of 2021, that is causing me to be very emotional right now and I'm weak sauce. I announced I would not be drinking any liquor today when I got up this morning...I hope I can make it. I have activities and some work that should fill up the rest of my day but all things being equal I would rather just pop a cold beer or start drinking one of the many bottles of Pinot Noir I grabbed when I was out grocery shopping this morning. 

I wouldnt say lots. But there are days my dinners will be 4 points or lower. I asked my wife to make shrimp last night because I had some snacks during the day. Not enough to be over my points, just too many for me to have anything substantial for dinner. 
Fresh grilled fish and veggies is a Zero Point meal from my memory, yes/no? My wife was doing this for the longest time, she would definitely drop weight but then the amount she was losing slowed down to where it was infuriating to see her go without all week and knock 1/4 of 1 lb off the scale, maybe half a pound if she was lucky? It drove me crazy to see her suffer mentally so I told her stop going. I hav found my groove, her not so much, being honest. 

I bought her a trampoline from Cologne, Germany for Christmas, she has wanted one forever, I hope it encourages her to be more active. She likes fun things like riding a bicycle but the minute that becomes a "routine" you can't hardly get her to engage in the activity. It sounds like I am complaining but I am simply pointing out to most of the fellows in here that you are going to have to figure out how selfish you can be with your time...the spouse is going to try and derail at some point with exceptions of course but many spouses will get jealous if the other one is having success in their health journey. 

Fresh grilled fish and veggies is a Zero Point meal from my memory, yes/no? My wife was doing this for the longest time, she would definitely drop weight but then the amount she was losing slowed down to where it was infuriating to see her go without all week and knock 1/4 of 1 lb off the scale, maybe half a pound if she was lucky? It drove me crazy to see her suffer mentally so I told her stop going. I hav found my groove, her not so much, being honest. 

I bought her a trampoline from Cologne, Germany for Christmas, she has wanted one forever, I hope it encourages her to be more active. She likes fun things like riding a bicycle but the minute that becomes a "routine" you can't hardly get her to engage in the activity. It sounds like I am complaining but I am simply pointing out to most of the fellows in here that you are going to have to figure out how selfish you can be with your time...the spouse is going to try and derail at some point with exceptions of course but many spouses will get jealous if the other one is having success in their health journey. 
yes, fish and vegetables are all zero point foods

yes, fish and vegetables are all zero point foods
So an easy cheat or easy way to maneuver I think is a Zero Point meal for Lunch or Dinner and the other meal of the day is something normal. I like a baked potato with real butter on it, doesn't have to be a stick of butter but I like the whole potato, skin and all. It really fills a void for things like french fries etc...sometimes I will even cut the potato more like steak fries and bake them in the oven. Potatoes are hearty and even paired with something like a grilled chicken breast can make the meal feel more complete. The Idaho Potato got a very bad reputation thru the Atkins and all those spin offs, I think they are one of the more healthy things you put in your mouth and it also help me with digestion. 

I am Irish and the potato is a traditional Irish go to food, think it has something to do with my blood 😉

So an easy cheat or easy way to maneuver I think is a Zero Point meal for Lunch or Dinner and the other meal of the day is something normal. I like a baked potato with real butter on it, doesn't have to be a stick of butter but I like the whole potato, skin and all. It really fills a void for things like french fries etc...sometimes I will even cut the potato more like steak fries and bake them in the oven. Potatoes are hearty and even paired with something like a grilled chicken breast can make the meal feel more complete. The Idaho Potato got a very bad reputation thru the Atkins and all those spin offs, I think they are one of the more healthy things you put in your mouth and it also help me with digestion. 

I am Irish and the potato is a traditional Irish go to food, think it has something to do with my blood 😉
I lost 50 pounds on weight watchers so I know what needs to be done. There are just weeks that go by that you realize, no matter what you eat and how good you have been, it is just not working. Last week was one of those weeks for me. It sounds like your wife had weeks like that as well. Its just a matter of sticking with it and then this week or next week, I will lose 3 or 4 pounds.

Super good work here.  Wow.  Consistent.

Are you reporting total calories, or calories “net” of exercise?  Asking for a friend. ;)
I do total calories consumed.  I just never trust that X minutes of exercise = X many calories.  I do know it works, but for me I just need to focus on getting used to eating less, then building up calories as I start to increase exercise.  If I try to go to hard on the exercise bike, I will get a little light headed and then I have to eat something.  Therein lies the trouble, because I will then overeat to get my balance back and I end up over the calorie total.

Still at 240.  No movement in a week.

I continued my trend of eating perfectly Monday - Friday and then going off the rails on the weekend.  I ran both days, but the diet was less than perfect (to put it mildly).

Losing 9 before Christmas is looking less likely by the day, but I am not giving up!
You can do it, and obviously Christmas is an arbitrary goal so even if you don't make it by then, keep plugging until you get there.  I had my first real temptation over the weekend at my brother's birthday party (small family gathering) and I passed on the cake and ice cream mainly because I keep reporting in this thread.  Accountability helps and I appreciate everyone.

You can do it, and obviously Christmas is an arbitrary goal so even if you don't make it by then, keep plugging until you get there.  I had my first real temptation over the weekend at my brother's birthday party (small family gathering) and I passed on the cake and ice cream mainly because I keep reporting in this thread.  Accountability helps and I appreciate everyone.
yeah, those little green chewy spearmint things are great. They are 3 points each though. So every time I walk by them in my house, I say, I cant let the FBGs down. 

Yesterday despite some spirited Tennis, I ate terrible and i drank a lot watching the Phins lose and then just vegging out on NFL all afternoon/evening. 

6 Cans of Beer/Tequila shot/Wine....minimum 1,000+ calories from liquor.  Hoagie Sammich during the game...500 calories at least. 

French Baguette Pizza throughout the day....1,000 calories let's say. Sweets and snacks and garbage...500 calories

3,000+ calorie intake day, at least Double what I would normally consume. Scale this morning was back up to 184, started at 185 so I'm not losing much weight despite all the exercise just so I simply am not packing on weight thru the holidays. I'll get this cleaned up, went to the specialty grocery stores this morning to stock up so we aren't trying to eat out the next few days. 

I'm simply not focused and I have a lot in motion right now, possibly living in an entirely new State come Jan/Feb of 2021, that is causing me to be very emotional right now and I'm weak sauce. I announced I would not be drinking any liquor today when I got up this morning...I hope I can make it. I have activities and some work that should fill up the rest of my day but all things being equal I would rather just pop a cold beer or start drinking one of the many bottles of Pinot Noir I grabbed when I was out grocery shopping this morning. 
I think you've mentioned you are 6'3 or 6'4 so 184 actually sounds really thin already.  I think 184 is where I have to get at 6 feet to be "normal" on the BMI.  I don't think my frame will do 184 so I've set a long term goal of 190.

The other thing that has helped me is that I've never had a drink, so I don't have to dodge a lot of empty calories.  I now alternate between Coke Zero (which I know is not the best thing for me) and water - where previously I was just about all Coke Zero.  So at least now I'm getting closer to 64 oz of water per day.

Made one of my favorite healthy meals for lunch.  Bake some butternut squash with s/p/o/g for an hour, brown some ground turkey and add a can of black beans, season with p/o/g (the beans have enough salt) and toss it together in a bowl.  It's basically the same recipe I use for weeknight turkey chili but with squash instead of tomatoes and none of the chili powder.  Total comfort food. 

I do total calories consumed.  I just never trust that X minutes of exercise = X many calories.  I do know it works, but for me I just need to focus on getting used to eating less, then building up calories as I start to increase exercise.  If I try to go to hard on the exercise bike, I will get a little light headed and then I have to eat something.  Therein lies the trouble, because I will then overeat to get my balance back and I end up over the calorie total.
Thx!  Yeah, I’ve been tracking both - total and net calories - and have found that my weight patterns correlate more strongly with total calories than net.  No idea why - open to any hypotheses - but basically I’m going to play out my gameplan through Christmas and then consider a reset where my entire focus is total calories.

I lost 50 pounds on weight watchers so I know what needs to be done. There are just weeks that go by that you realize, no matter what you eat and how good you have been, it is just not working. Last week was one of those weeks for me. It sounds like your wife had weeks like that as well. Its just a matter of sticking with it and then this week or next week, I will lose 3 or 4 pounds.
I appreciate your post, it just sounds painful when you read "not working". I can't speak for my wife but she did keep going for quite a while when she would plateau and I say this, it's much harder and tougher for females/women to lose weight vs men. I'm not exactly sure why because I'm no doctor but men can eat an awful lot more...that's another issue in the husband/wife health journey...quite frankly we do not eat together any more, can't agree on what to eat. Our schedules don't always line up either. 

Thx!  Yeah, I’ve been tracking both - total and net calories - and have found that my weight patterns correlate more strongly with total calories than net.  No idea why - open to any hypotheses - but basically I’m going to play out my gameplan through Christmas and then consider a reset where my entire focus is total calories.
Probably two things. First, you might be setting your calorie goals for an active person. I did 30 minutes each of yoga, running and rowing Saturday followed by a half hour yoga, an hour and a half walking and a quick ten minute yoga Sunday. I set my calorie goal as sedentary. Active makes more sense if you're active at work and can't really enter your activity (do you track it as 8 hours of cardio?

Second, your BMR might be off and you might be calculating calorie burn wrong.  I feel like myfitnesspal gives a few too many calories for fast runners.  I think 8mph was like 1400 an hour which seems high to me. 

I strongly prefer net calories for myself because 1) the estimated basal metabolic rate used by myfitnesspal seems to match my actual BMR pretty well, 2) the calorie burn seems to match my activity for things like walking rowing and running and 3) entering in my activity means I get to eat more calories and that encourages me to exercise more.  If you use total calories then your motivation is to skip workouts because you don't get anything for it. 

I’m down to 208 today. So that’s -1 from when we started but -3 from the week after we started. But it’s December, I’ve made 4 batches of fudge, and haven’t gained any! It’s looking good for me. 
This is easily the toughest time of year to lose weight, so as others have mentioned this will if nothing else help us not add on a lot more weight to lose after the holidays.  Keep the forward momentum going and use it as a platform to hit your target next year!

I think you've mentioned you are 6'3 or 6'4 so 184 actually sounds really thin already.  I think 184 is where I have to get at 6 feet to be "normal" on the BMI.  I don't think my frame will do 184 so I've set a long term goal of 190.

The other thing that has helped me is that I've never had a drink, so I don't have to dodge a lot of empty calories.  I now alternate between Coke Zero (which I know is not the best thing for me) and water - where previously I was just about all Coke Zero.  So at least now I'm getting closer to 64 oz of water per day.
6-3 and I fit into 34 inch jeans/pants, but I would say I am fat-skinny and by that I mean I'm still quite soft in the middle, clothes cover me up well. 

It's not the scale or clothing size as much as it is body fat% at this point. I have come a long way and I would like to see it all the way to its end even if it takes me a long time and perhaps never ultimately achieve it but I'd like to try. 

Water does amazing things, we get the Mountain Valley Water you see in the glass bottles, we have that delivered in 5 Gallon Glass Jugs similar to the plastic ones you see in the offices at work except they're glass and weigh a ####load each(Look beautiful though with lighting behind them), sometimes it takes both my wife and I together to flip them over on to the dispenser, yeah that's fun. And they ain't cheap HOWEVER, water fills you up and I can go on endlessly about al the health benefits but my biggest words of wisdom when it comes to water is that your brain/YOU many times mistakes the body telling it that it needs water and instead people go eat a meal thinking they are hungry...true hunger is felt in the throat and most folks never experience it on any regular basis. 

I save a lot of money actually drinking the premium water, it tastes amazing so I am usually eager to fill a glass of it. I fill up my jugs and containers for the tennis courts and when I am out, saves me money on bottled water at 7-11 etc...my coffee at home is sinful using this instead of tap water. I'll say it, it makes me #### rainbows so just think about having it delivered. They drop off 4 5-Gallon glass drums and those last a month at least. I'm not obligated to order at a certain pace or clip, I could not order for 3 months if I was't drinking it as much but I tend to fly thru it. When I fast I drink a lot of water, 100-150 oz maybe. Florida, sweat a lot here. 

Probably two things. First, you might be setting your calorie goals for an active person. I did 30 minutes each of yoga, running and rowing Saturday followed by a half hour yoga, an hour and a half walking and a quick ten minute yoga Sunday. I set my calorie goal as sedentary. Active makes more sense if you're active at work and can't really enter your activity (do you track it as 8 hours of cardio)
Yeah, my hunch is that this is the root cause.  I’ve adjusted by basically walking 3-4 miles and not counting that as exercise.....but it probably makes more sense to go in and change my setting to sedentary.

Edit to add:  yeah, that seems to be the difference.  If I make that profile switch, it bumps me down 240 target calories per day, which is roughly equal to me walking about 3.5 miles....

I had zero intentions of doing peloton today. However, I saw my bike shorts, thought about all of us here and figured why not. 

30 min ride, but better than sitting on my butt continuing to watch Good Will Hunting for the millionth time. 
So I know this doesn't necessarily work with the Peloton, but it has been a huge deal for me to only watch tv in the basement where I have my treadmill and rower.  If I have time to watch tv I have time to at least walk.  And when I'm dieting, knowing I can earn a few hundred calories by running, and I get to watch tv too?  Huge motivation to exercise. 

I say this as I watch the browns ravens game on my bedroom tv with a glass of wine.  So it's not like I'm totally strict with this.  But I've already done my exercise today and over 4 hours across the last 3 days so I've earned this.  That's the mindset that works for me.  

Note that any time I can watch tv with my kid, or with my wife with no kid, that doesn't count. But watching good will hunting or another guilty pleasure rewatch?  Let's at least get some blood flowing

• Dec 14         215.6                -10.5                   1420
  • Dec 15         214.9                -11.2
OK so I'm really surprised I didn't have a bump up here.  Even though I did have the one pizza night (kept myself to 2 slices) I haven't really had a cheat day where I blew it out.  I thought the square of lasagna might bump it up. Tomorrow will be another test because we had a catered lunch today and I have no idea how to measure what I had (Grilled Chicken quesadilla - had cheese and some sour cream in there).  Also had "pepper slaw" so more vinegar based than mayo (was really good, never had it before).  Was also forced to eat one chocolate peanut butter ball (so very good, first sweet I've had since Thanksgiving.  Guessing 250 to 300 cal on that one). Dinner tonight was the traditional 8 chicken nuggets and medium fruit cup.

• Dec 15         214.9                -11.2                   2050
  • Dec 16         214.9                -11.2
This thread is losing steam when my daily charts are back to back!  Keep it up all!

Side note:  Amazon has the wireless scale that I use on sale.  I've really enjoyed it, it is a Eufy.  It has a phone app that updates via Bluetooth, and it feeds Apple Health if you use that.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14685914-eufy-smart-scale-c1-bluetooth-wireless-digital-bathroom-scale-18-99-fs-w-prime?v=1
I use this or a very similar brand(looks identical) and it makes life very easy. They also sync the health data if you choose to do so to mfp, lose it, cronometer etc. Simple and effective. The number may not be professional accurate but if you use it over a length of time it can give a nice view of your rate of change and a good ballpark. Dainty uses it as well and we could create separate profiles.

Did another spin yesterday and felt great. The little friend is still lingering but feeling better every day. It's just uncomfortable if I sit a certain way now. I'm probably going to start yoga again today as that helps my back a ton and I really enjoy it. 

Update on from scratch Mexican vanilla sugar cookies.   :penalty:

run on tap during lunch

fell off the wagon Saturday night - back on the wagon today ( it was a tough couple of day to be honest) 

Did weigh in on Saturday during the day - lets call the starting weight 190 - at 165 my wife says I look too thin..

170 would be a great goal... 

• Dec 15         214.9                -11.2                   2050
  • Dec 16         214.9                -11.2
This thread is losing steam when my daily charts are back to back!  Keep it up all!
Lol.

Did my official weigh-in this morning.  Down 6.5 lbs now since joining this deal on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  My goal was 8-10 lbs by Christmas.  Feel like I’m on track.

Thanks to this group for helping me stay focused and accountable!

Brunch 600 Calories 

2 Eggs, 4 oz skillet potatoes, 2 strips of bacon and a white flaky biscuit. 

60 Minutes on the Bike 750 Calories burned 

I'm at Net -150

I think I am doing sausages with wine and cheese for dinner. I prefer Pinot Noir. 

M-184...60 Minutes Cycle

T-182...90 Minutes Tennis

W-180...60 Minutes Cycle

200 Minutes the last 3 days pouts me at 1,400 Minutes and counting going into the home stretch before Christmas. If I can exercise daily the entire way untuil Christmas I should be good to go or at least not take on weight, that would be a major plus. 

Lol.

Did my official weigh-in this morning.  Down 6.5 lbs now since joining this deal on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  My goal was 8-10 lbs by Christmas.  Feel like I’m on track.

Thanks to this group for helping me stay focused and accountable!
Awesome, keep it up!  I see the progress I've made, then look towards my next goal of 200 and realize it's going to be a longer and slower process to get there.  Gotta keep moving.

Been a busy couple of weeks at work and Christmas baking has begun at my house. Not a great excuse, but my weight loss isn’t going down like I’d planned. Haven’t had a chance to check in this week on here yet - still down 4.2 overall, no change. Figure between some work stress and some bad eating though, that’s a win.  

10K steps per day and push-ups program still going strong. 

IF is my ticket, I have little self control when it comes to nighttime eating. I have the most success limiting my daytime calories. My IF hours are 4PM to midnight. 4PM is my lunchtime at work, I wait until 8PM to eat a couple days a week. I'm shooting to be under 200, I was 215 Friday morning after Thanksgiving and 211 this morning. My lowest weight so far this year was 205. I was 234 January 1st.
204 this morning, now the challenge to not gain it back before Christmas. I've been staying pretty well with my IF. This week I've really dialed in on my after dinner eating. I might not be posting much in here, but I have been popping in once or twice a week to keep current. Thanks to all you guys for your posts and tips!

204 this morning, now the challenge to not gain it back before Christmas. I've been staying pretty well with my IF. This week I've really dialed in on my after dinner eating. I might not be posting much in here, but I have been popping in once or twice a week to keep current. Thanks to all you guys for your posts and tips!
Awesome job!  Do you have a next target weight or just going to hang there for awhile?

Awesome job!  Do you have a next target weight or just going to hang there for awhile?
195, but no timetable just going to keep plugging away. This is my third round of IF this year. The first two times I kept going until I lost 20 pounds and then took a break until I gained 10 back. After I lose this 20 I'm going to switch to after I gain 5 back lose 10. Hopefully by the time I get my body fat to normal I'm dialed in enough to maintain for the long haul. I'm hoping I can keep my after dinner eating in check. I'm more happy about that then the weight loss. I think what helped was reading about you guys trying to keep your macros proportioned. Also I've allowed myself to start throwing away food instead of eating it all before it goes bad. I grew up in a single mom household and we didn't waste anything if we could help it. My wife's birthday was earlier this week and I had one piece of her chocolate cake and haven't had any since. It's like a trophy sitting there without having any cravings for it. There's 5 pieces left, I even resisted buying vanilla icecream to go along with it. I'm looking forward to throwing it away. 

I should rename my FBG handle as Tub-o-lard. Law school was not kind to my waistline and it got even worse after kids. Starting weight: 229 lbs. Baby steps. 
227 this morning. Not much working out, but using myfitnesspal to track calories is huge. It helps me be conscious of how much I'm shoveling in. Otherwise it's too easy to walk by the kitchen and grab a granola bar or other munchy, multiplied by several times a day and it's easy to get fat. I also try to remind myself that the feeling I have is being thirsty, not hungry.
224. Feeling good. Targeting 1500 calories a day but generally ending up around 1700-1800. 
222 this morning. Had to tighten the belt a notch this morning, that was awesome! Need 3lbs to hit the -10 goal by Christmas. I think it's doable. 

Just weighed in this morning and realized I’ve hit my initial target weight.  Decided to reset for another 5 lb loss in the next month for 3 reasons:

1.  Headed to my parents’ house for xmas, and they have horrible eating patterns, which I often get pulled into.  Need to build in some cushion for likely weight gain while there.

2.  My ultimate goal is to get to a better level of fitness than I had while living in NYC.  That would involved a) adding upper body muscle — thus the 100 push-up deal — and still being another 4-5 lbs lighter than I currently am.

3.  Without a goal, it will be hard for me to maintain my discipline.  That’s a problem to solve down the road, but for now, this new way of eating isn’t embedded enough in my routine to consider another approach yet.

For anyone who just read this thread for the first time or anyone who has been trying this out but it hasn’t worked yet — trust me, if it can work for me, it can work for anyone.  My lifelong eating habits have been subpar.  My parents eat decently at best.  Mom was massively overweight much of her life.  Dad had high metabolism (due to smoking and anxiety) but eats poorly.  My friends and co-workers know me as “the guy who loves donuts.”

But just the simplicity of the MyFitnessPal app paired with publicly committing to a goal in here has really worked.  Everytime I consider eating something, I check out calories in that ######## app.  And look at how many calories I have left in the day.

The one thing I haven’t done is weight myself every day.  Others do, and that works for them.  It wouldn’t work for me — has to be more about the daily process than the daily outcome for me.  But to each their own, gotta do what works for each of us.

Thanks again to everyone posting in here and helping hold me (and others) accountable.

Users who are viewing this thread