What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mysterious Metal Monolith Missing in Utah Desert (1 Viewer)

What kind of metal is it?  Looks like a common alloy used in aerospace.  Also looks like perfectly symmetrical rivets along the sides.  Guessing it fell from a plane and landed like it would when you throw a screwdriver into the ground and it stands vertically.  :shrug:

I just watched Broken Arrow featuring southeastern Utah and stuff falling from the sky.  I just want to point out that it remains a horrible movie with dozens of inexplicable plot twists. But, Howie Long and Travolta together is still magic. 
As bad as that movie was, Travolta explaining that they had to be careful with the nuclear weapon was later ripped off in Armageddon when rock hound was riding a nuke like a mechanical bull and had to be similarly reprimanded not to ride the nuclear weapon. It seemed like such a strange thing for two blockbuster movies released at similar times and to the same basic demographic. 

What kind of metal is it?  Looks like a common alloy used in aerospace.  Also looks like perfectly symmetrical rivets along the sides.  Guessing it fell from a plane and landed like it would when you throw a screwdriver into the ground and it stands vertically.  :shrug:
Lol. I think Aliens is more likely. Pretty sure three metal sheets fastened together with wood/metal framing in the middle would not fall from a plane and not only be intact, but land perfectly straight.

You can see the fasteners so Aliens are likely out. I think @top dog or whoever said artist is correct. Someone did it for some publicity or to see if people would find it. Heck, wouldn’t put it past the department who found it doing it for people to come visit Utah.

Lol. I think Aliens is more likely. Pretty sure three metal sheets fastened together with wood/metal framing in the middle would not fall from a plane and not only be intact, but land perfectly straight.

You can see the fasteners so Aliens are likely out. I think @top dog or whoever said artist is correct. Someone did it for some publicity or to see if people would find it. Heck, wouldn’t put it past the department who found it doing it for people to come visit Utah.
I said high fabricators... But they are pretty much the same thing.

I just watched Broken Arrow featuring southeastern Utah and stuff falling from the sky.  I just want to point out that it remains a horrible movie with dozens of inexplicable plot twists. But, Howie Long and Travolta together is still magic. 
Travolta in Broken Arrow >>>>> Travolta as Santa

This.  "OOOHHH!  Don't you dare come to our state and try to find this!  You might get lost and die!  We DARE you to come to our state!  WE TRIPLE DOG DARE YA!"

Last edited by a moderator:
It's obvious those dude in the helicopter put it there. Why is no on else talking about this?

Outdoorsy Bansky

or

Sleestaks - The holes in the rock walls looks like good places for Sleestaks to live.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Isn't it obvious that the guys in the grey janitor outfits put it there?

Could just be a natural crystal formation. You'd be surprised how geometric they can grow naturally. 

Eventually one of those HVAC techs is going to bring the borrowed duct work back to the job site.

Saw an unconfirmed report yesterday that the CIA was in contact with the suspected artist's assistant (since it is apparently a crime?), but have not seen that confirmed anywhere as of yet. 

Some dude did find it on Google Earth though using media photos, which is impressive. 

Westworld prop?

Historical imaging data reflected that the monolith arrived sometime between August 2015 and October 2016, leaving open a fairly significant gap. Roughly around that time, the epic sci-fi drama Westworld was filming in a nearby location, so the best bet at the moment is that someone on the crew either didn't pack up properly or maybe even used the metal to play a longterm Kubrick-inspired prank on the world.

Users who are viewing this thread