What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction, I stated it was for the most part a peaceful protest.  

No, Trump did not summon a violent mob to the Capital.   :lol:
You protest hard apparently. 

Why were all these people there? Did "stop the steal" develop organically? Your guy is still lying about it on his blog  :lmao:

Oh, of course you didn't vote for him :lol:

Why were these people at the Capitol? What were they protesting and how did this develop?
Jeez, of course I voted for Trump.  I can't understand anyone who didn't quite frankly.  I have never followed his twitter or blog but apparantly he is embedded in your head.  Is it like Howard Stern?  People who hate him listen more?

Jeez, of course I voted for Trump.  I can't understand anyone who didn't quite frankly.  I have never followed his twitter or blog but apparantly he is embedded in your head.  Is it like Howard Stern?  People who hate him listen more?
Yes, Donald Trump is a LOT like Howard Stern. Excellent comparison.

Ah yes. You have never read his Twitter. Of course :lol:

If you followed what he says perhaps you would be more educated on what he stands for, his shtick. Things like why "stop the steal" originated, how he was telling the public that it's in Pence's power to reject the electoral vote count, how people had to fight like hell. How he spent months telling his voters the only way he loses if the vote is stolen. On and on.

Might be worth your time to look at your guy a little closer. 

When I was in elementary and junior high we used to have banners that would say something like "Kill the Trojans".  It did not mean literally kill them.  Somehow elementary kids were smart enough to understand that.  

I toured the capital and the White House pre 9/11 but never chose to swing at a police officer with a fire extinguisher, a billy club, beat them with a US flag, break some windows, or watch Republicans who experienced this peaceful protest barricade a door so these nice folks couldn't get in. None of those were things I wanted to do but I feel like I shorted myself by not getting the whole capital experience.

When I was in elementary and junior high we used to have banners that would say something like "Kill the Trojans".  It did not mean literally kill them.  Somehow elementary kids were smart enough to understand that.  
Did those same elementary kids break through the windows and doors of the Trojans school while it was in session? 

Probably not since they were smart enough not to do that. Same can’t be said for those peaceful Trump supporters though, right?

So there is to be no bipartisan Committee investigating the events of January 6? 
It passed in the House with only 35 Republicans voting in favor. Kevin McCarthy led the opposition despite having previously appointed someone to negotiate the details. Why? Because even though the GOP received everything they asked for, Trump doesn’t want it. He doesn’t want a fair investigation, he doesn’t want ANY investigation. 
And now McConnell has killed it in the Senate so it’s dead. 

• Sad
Reactions: Ned
So there is to be no bipartisan Committee investigating the events of January 6? 
It passed in the House with only 35 Republicans voting in favor. Kevin McCarthy led the opposition despite having previously appointed someone to negotiate the details. Why? Because even though the GOP received everything they asked for, Trump doesn’t want it. He doesn’t want a fair investigation, he doesn’t want ANY investigation. 
NO WAY

How can McConnell kill this?  Doesn’t it just need majority support?

McConnell’s point is it is already being investigated by the Justice Department and others. I don’t think I have a problem with that stance. 

I believe they also wanted investigations into BLM/Antifa, which the Dems (rightfully) wouldn't include.

If they want to investigate the summer riots, do it separately. They have nothing to do with the events of January 6th.

McConnell’s point is it is already being investigated by the Justice Department and others. I don’t think I have a problem with that stance. 
Public hearings create public awareness- just as with Watergate, 9/11, etc. That’s why people are so scared of them. 
Plus, Trump politicized his own Justice Department so much that it many folks won’t trust the credibility of a Biden appointed JD to get to the truth. 

I believe they also wanted investigations into BLM/Antifa, which the Dems (rightfully) wouldn't include.

If they want to investigate the summer riots, do it separately. They have nothing to do with the events of January 6th.
Actually I think the Democrats made concessions even on that score. Didn’t matter. In the end Trump doesn’t want any hearings, and among Republicans his is the only voice that matters. 

He is just like Howard Stern except he has no sense of Humor and hasn't gone to therapy to deal with his Daddy issues and rampant narcissisms.  Otherwise, yes, he is just like Howard (except, of course, Howard is more of a liberal leaning libertarian)

Actually I think the Democrats made concessions even on that score. Didn’t matter. In the end Trump doesn’t want any hearings, and among Republicans his is the only voice that matters. 
Yup, when Trump made a statement against it suddenly they all turned. Gotta follow the marching order from the king.

I toured the capital and the White House pre 9/11 but never chose to swing at a police officer with a fire extinguisher, a billy club, beat them with a US flag, break some windows, or watch Republicans who experienced this peaceful protest barricade a door so these nice folks couldn't get in. None of those were things I wanted to do but I feel like I shorted myself by not getting the whole capital experience.
Next time just grab a Congress persons laptop. I heard they were free for the taking. 

Why? Because it will prove these people were doing what Trump wanted them to do. 

The fact that the GOP does not want an investigation into the insurrection is as damning indictment.  So far as I am aware, something like January 6 has never happened in the western democratic world.  At least not since WWII.  

But let’s not investigate why it happened?  There is no bottom for the GOP.  They are all just sycophants for a malignant narcissist at this point.  
Wth are you talking about? They've been investigating it for 5 month now? Are you serious?

On top of the FBI investigation. On top of the CIA investigation. On top of the impeachment investigation. On top of the normal investigations from DC police that has gone on for 5 months, we want to devote hundreds of millions more for congressman to sit in a room and grandstand against one another?

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that the GOP does not want an investigation into the insurrection is as damning indictment.  So far as I am aware, something like January 6 has never happened in the western democratic world.  At least not since WWII.  

But let’s not investigate why it happened?  There is no bottom for the GOP.  They are all just sycophants for a malignant narcissist at this point.  
It would expose their votes not to impeach and convict were nothing more than partisan.  I mean most already know that IMO, but this would publicly expose that.

Wth are you talking about? They've been investigating it for 5 month now? Are you serious?

On top of the FBI investigation. On top of the CIA investigation. On top of the impeachment investigation. On top of the normal investigations from DC police that has gone on for 5 months, we want to devote hundreds of millions more for congressman to sit in a room and grandstand against one another?
I’m talking about a public inquiry.  There is no better example of something that requires one than this pathetic national embarrassment.  

I doubt it would cost hundreds of millions and I think some self reflection among some of these congressmen would be a good thing.

You know what, this is a fair point.  The issue, however, is that democracy does its best out in the open, so hearing people testify openly about what happened is a hard thing to "Spin" on a news site vs. how it is being done now with a n almost "alternate history" of what actually occured.

You know what, this is a fair point.  The issue, however, is that democracy does its best out in the open, so hearing people testify openly about what happened is a hard thing to "Spin" on a news site vs. how it is being done now with a n almost "alternate history" of what actually occured.
I hear what you're saying but this will hardly be the open inquiry people want it to be and more a grand spectacle for the masses... Again. Something we really don't need with everything else going wrong right now. 

The FBI and CIA et al are investigating the Capitol and probably will be for years to come. Having political theater isn't going to change the outcomes but rehash the same contentious issues. 

In normal times, yes, but for the last couple of years there are a lot of people that disregard what their own eyes see and own ears hear in favor of what their leaders tell them what happened.

January 6th is just the latest example

The ridiculous claim that those at the Capitol Jan. 6 resembled a 'normal tourist visit'

The lie:

“Watching the TV footage of those who entered the Capitol. … If you didn't know the TV footage was from Jan. 6, you would actually think it was a normal tourist visit.”

The Truth:

More than 400 people have been charged in federal court related to the Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol riot. The charges include obstruction of law enforcement; violence with a deadly weapon; assault; disorderly conduct; and unlawful possession of firearms. 

I hear what you're saying but this will hardly be the open inquiry people want it to be and more a grand spectacle for the masses... Again. Something we really don't need with everything else going wrong right now. 

The FBI and CIA et al are investigating the Capitol and probably will be for years to come. Having political theater isn't going to change the outcomes but rehash the same contentious issues. 
You know what it will do though?  Disabuse people who hold the willfully blind belief that there was no violence.  That nonsense is currently being fed to them by Trump’s sycophants in Congress and needs to be dragged out in the public square and expose it for the bs it is.  This post truth culture in America needs to be reigned in, and fast.  

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what it will do though?  Disabuse people who hold the willfully blind belief that there was no violence.  That nonsense is currently being fed to them by Trump’s sycophants in Congress and needs to be dragged out in the public square and expose it for the bs it is.  This post truth culture in America needs to be reigned in, and fast.  
You seriously think another commission that will generate nothing but talking points and political highlights for already partisan hacks on each side to showcase their tribe as the moral victors is going to do this? Ok then. 

Insein said:
You seriously think another commission that will generate nothing but talking points and political highlights for already partisan hacks on each side to showcase their tribe as the moral victors is going to do this? Ok then. 
I think if this wasn’t being whitewashed, it may not be needed.  If everyone was being honest, I wouldn’t see the problem moving forward with what we have, but that’s not the case. 

I think if this wasn’t being whitewashed, it may not be needed.  If everyone was being honest, I wouldn’t see the problem moving forward with what we have, but that’s not the case. 
Bingo.  The fact that "the big lie" continues to fester is the real issue here.  Somewhere in the middle is the obvious concept of Trump being a losing candidate and a cancer in the republican party.  The fact that the party has turned into a bunch of spineless turds bc they gerrymandered their way into only being primaried is the root cause of all of this.  To hold onto power, you have to veer right and nothing at the moment is more to the right than trump.  Not McConnell, Not Liz Chaney.  Trump. (the left has this issue as well in the "bernie bro" side of the party, but the moderates are still driving the bus even as they are yelling "Turn more left")

Insein said:
Yeah. I do.  There aren’t two sides here.  There is the reality and the fiction the GOP is trying to get away with peddling.  It cannot be allowed.  And I am shocked you don’t see that.  You’re a smart dude. 

zoonation said:

I’m honestly not sure why anyone is surprised any longer.  They voted for the guy, supported him for four years despite him being a colossal failure and then voted for him a second time.  How many times do they need to tell you what they are before you believe them?

I’m honestly not sure why anyone is surprised any longer.  They voted for the guy, supported him for four years despite him being a colossal failure and then voted for him a second time.  How many times do they need to tell you what they are before you believe them?
Failure is very objective.  He was light years better than the guy before him and after him.

Yeah. I do.  There aren’t two sides here.  There is the reality and the fiction the GOP is trying to get away with peddling.  It cannot be allowed.  And I am shocked you don’t see that.  You’re a smart dude. 
The only fiction was by the left.

The Left:  It was an armed deadly insurection!

TRUTH:   No one brought guns inside.  Not a single protestor killed anyone.  Even calling it an insurrection is grossly misleading.   People went inside to have their voices heard. 

The whole narrative is 100 percent pure bull####, and it pisses me off more and more everyday the leftwing keeps up this hate-filled lies trying to score political points.  A stupid report by a bunch of blowhards is not going to benefit anyone or provide any insight.  We already know the #1 failure of the day was the complete lack of security for an event we knew needed some.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread