What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post covid vacation (1 Viewer)

Booked Palm Springs boys golf trip in May.  Hawaii in August with the Mrs.  20 guy golf trip to Bandon Dunes in September.  Cabo in November with friends.  Post-vaccine I'm gettin' out...

On these trains, do you stay in your room the whole time?
You can wander the train as much as you'd like, whenever you'd like.

Most have a Dining car, a Observation car ( Glass windows basically from your feet to the roof)  and there is normally a Bar/snack area setup at the bottom of the Observation car.

My wife found that staying in the Room while the train was moving, and only wandering when we made stops, controlled her motion sickness.

But I can't stand to be "Cooped up" so wandered around all the time. Many times I'd wander down to the Bar area, get a :banned:   and join others in a game of cards/Cribbage, etc. to pass the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going skiing next month in Idaho. Everyone in our group will be fully vaccinated, we’ll test before coming home and considering running a second at-home test 2 days after we return.

On these trains, do you stay in your room the whole time?
My Canadian Rockies trip was 2 days with a layover in between Jasper and Vancouver. Stayed at a nice hotel in Kamloops. In Switzerland, we were going to travel from place to place, spend a couple days staying at a hotel, and then rinse and repeat. 

We are doing the RV rental thing for 8-9 days in April - through the badlands and into Colorado.  We've done a few camping/cabin things locally the past 6 months, but really need to get out of dodge and we decided this is the best way to to it.

AirBnB in Bend, OR in May. 

Calgary/Bannf tentative for summer.

Maui in October. 

Feels good planning vacations again. I can’t believe everything we’ve wanted to book has been available so far. 

Currently in Costa Rica working remotely for 6 weeks and it's great.

Delta and southwest are both solid to fly on...  open middle seat and good sanitization procedures. Just wear a good mask, sanitize your seats hard surfaces when you sit down, crank the air vents and relax. 

Down here aside from masked staff / sanitization stations / wearing mask indoors everything feels very normal. Saw a phenomenal live band at a Beach bar last night. Missed that. 

So we've decided to do the Amtrak from Chicago to Glacier.  Holy crap it is expensive.  Two roomettes roundtrip is going to be $4500, coach would be $1k.  I can afford the rooms, but don't know if it's worth the difference.  32 hours in coach is a long time, but being able to walk around freely to the different cars the whole time, with a few options to deboard and get some fresh air at a few stops would help. However, I don't want to get to Glacier with my family completely wiped out and lose a day to recovery.  

Anyone have thoughts? 

So we've decided to do the Amtrak from Chicago to Glacier.  Holy crap it is expensive.  Two roomettes roundtrip is going to be $4500, coach would be $1k.  I can afford the rooms, but don't know if it's worth the difference.  32 hours in coach is a long time, but being able to walk around freely to the different cars the whole time, with a few options to deboard and get some fresh air at a few stops would help. However, I don't want to get to Glacier with my family completely wiped out and lose a day to recovery.  

Anyone have thoughts? 
Do you have confirmation that Glacier is going to be fully open? Last I heard the Eastern entrances were all still closed and discussions withThe Blackfeet were underway but nothing announced yet.

Do you have confirmation that Glacier is going to be fully open? Last I heard the Eastern entrances were all still closed and discussions withThe Blackfeet were underway but nothing announced yet.
East entrance is still closed but park shows open 24 hours a day now.  We are planning on staying in Whitefish/west side.

East entrance is still closed but park shows open 24 hours a day now.  We are planning on staying in Whitefish/west side.
Ah, that's right. The train stops in Whitefish.  That's very close to where my brother lives. And I can catch a train over in Deland about 30 minutes from where I live and go the whole way up through DC and Chicago.  Sounds like a great adventure and I desperately want to do it but I can't take my dogs on the train so I have to stick with driving for now.

My Alaska trip in late May was just cancelled. Not happening this year, but maybe we’ll try again in a year or two. I’m hoping my Philly trip in September happens. 

Users who are viewing this thread