What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Las Vegas Raiders - PLAYOFFS!!!! (2 Viewers)

A reminder of Gruden’s evaluation skills: https://twitter.com/marcus_mosher/status/1367463588147818499?s=21

Fortunately for him his previous GM set him up at the position. 
As long as Gruden has final say the team will flounder at .500.
One of the first things that soured me to Gruden, When he went to the booth, was that he NEVER, EVER, said anything negative about a player.  EVER. maybe some of it was politics, but it drove me nuts. 

Gruden won with dungy’s team. Specifically, dungy’s D. 

He’s never been any good at talent evaluation.  Especially defensive players. 

Reports of the Raiders in talks with Morrow to resign.   He showed an improvement last year in my opinion and at times outplayed Littleton.   My final judgement on retaining him will be based on the contract he lands, with the Raiders or elsewhere.   

Reports of the Raiders in talks with Morrow to resign.   He showed an improvement last year in my opinion and at times outplayed Littleton.   My final judgement on retaining him will be based on the contract he lands, with the Raiders or elsewhere.   
agree.  he played pretty well.  if the price is right, sign him 

One of the first things that soured me to Gruden, When he went to the booth, was that he NEVER, EVER, said anything negative about a player.  EVER. maybe some of it was politics, but it drove me nuts. 

Gruden won with dungy’s team. Specifically, dungy’s D. 

He’s never been any good at talent evaluation.  Especially defensive players. 
He also won against the team he put together. And would have won if not for the biggest BS call ever in the NFL with that same team which is also the team with the QB that anti-Carr whinners bring up who hw brought in and Raider fans hated because he was a sucky journeyman QB... well, until he was playing MVP level and now he is remembered as one of our fav QBs. Stop being so overly selective. You can't stand that he never said anything bad about a player? What do you think the reaction is when people can't say anything good about a coach, GM, team, etc?

Good, early indications were we might not be able to bring back. He has developed a ton, did out play Littleton (check the snap counts, once Littleton got hurt and Morrow showed he was playing better ball, the snap vounts reversed when Littleton came back). 

He also won against the team he put together. And would have won if not for the biggest BS call ever in the NFL with that same team which is also the team with the QB that anti-Carr whinners bring up who hw brought in and Raider fans hated because he was a sucky journeyman QB... well, until he was playing MVP level and now he is remembered as one of our fav QBs. Stop being so overly selective. You can't stand that he never said anything bad about a player? What do you think the reaction is when people can't say anything good about a coach, GM, team, etc?
breathe... ;)  

i was at that Super Bowl.  it sucked.  i don't give gruden a ton of credit for building that team.  bruce allen and al davis were the architects.  as a first time, young, head coach, i don't believe his input was that great, in building the team.  and if he was a big influence, their drafts during his tenure, were not that great.  look it up.  they took seabass in the 1st round for gods sake. they built that team mostly through FA.

f brady and the tuck rule.  and f fat ### siragusa too.

i have not been on board with the 100,000,000, 10 year man, from the get go.  can't stand the guy.  think he's a clown, that can't relate to players these days.  he's a dinosaur, stuck in the past.  it's just my opinion, who cares.

breathe... ;)  

i was at that Super Bowl.  it sucked.  i don't give gruden a ton of credit for building that team.  bruce allen and al davis were the architects.  as a first time, young, head coach, i don't believe his input was that great, in building the team.  and if he was a big influence, their drafts during his tenure, were not that great.  look it up.  they took seabass in the 1st round for gods sake. they built that team mostly through FA.

f brady and the tuck rule.  and f fat ### siragusa too.

i have not been on board with the 100,000,000, 10 year man, from the get go.  can't stand the guy.  think he's a clown, that can't relate to players these days.  he's a dinosaur, stuck in the past.  it's just my opinion, who cares.
Wait... so it was or was not Gruden's credit/fault? You are basically making two different arguments that oppose each other at the same time to prove you are right. I may not be Socrates but I am pretty sure that isn't logical. 

Wait... so it was or was not Gruden's credit/fault? You are basically making two different arguments that oppose each other at the same time to prove you are right. I may not be Socrates but I am pretty sure that isn't logical. 
i'm saying gruden has never been the architect of a winning team.  seems pretty clear to me.  there was an "IF" in their.  and i give credit for his winning teams to allen, davis and dungy.

his approach as a coach back then, worked.  west coast offense was still pretty fresh.  i don't think either are overly effective now.  especially his stupid chucky approach.

"knock on wood, if you're with me"

and if you wanna go, just say the word bruh... :boxing:  

:lmao:   

i'm saying gruden has never been the architect of a winning team.  seems pretty clear to me.  there was an "IF" in their.  and i give credit for his winning teams to allen, davis and dungy.

his approach as a coach back then, worked.  west coast offense was still pretty fresh.  i don't think either are overly effective now.  especially his stupid chucky approach.

"knock on wood, if you're with me"

and if you wanna go, just say the word bruh... :boxing:  

:lmao:   
You would think our offense was ranked 32nd the league with how some of you talk. Carr sucks. Gruden's offense sucks. All of our picks under Gruden suck. Gruden can't coach. Etc, etc, etc... It just a broken record yet we were 8th in yards and 10th in points last year. Crazy how that works out. 

You would think our offense was ranked 32nd the league with how some of you talk. Carr sucks. Gruden's offense sucks. All of our picks under Gruden suck. Gruden can't coach. Etc, etc, etc... It just a broken record yet we were 8th in yards and 10th in points last year. Crazy how that works out. 
I never said Carr sucks. I don’t love gruden’s offense, especially situationally.  when it matters most.  Gruden does not have a history of good draft picks. 

I give you that the offense isn’t the problem.  Never said it was. 

Holy crap. 

Incognito, gone. 

Gruden was a big fan of his, maybe it’s a sign that Gruden is listening to mayock and others.  One can hope  

Another indicator that they are going OL, with the 1st pick. 😬

I am surprised Incognito is being cut on top of letting Jackson go. This will be a whole new Oline. Assuming Good is a high priority resign... 

Kolton, Good, Hudson, Simpson, TBD

I am surprised Incognito is being cut on top of letting Jackson go. This will be a whole new Oline. Assuming Good is a high priority resign... 

Don’t you think this points to them keeping brown, even more now?

Incognito only played two games last year.  One thing this coaching staff has done really well is get high level offensive line play no matter who was playing.  It will be challenging, but I trust them to make the right decisions with this group.

Holy crap. 

Incognito, gone. 

Gruden was a big fan of his, maybe it’s a sign that Gruden is listening to mayock and others.  One can hope  

Another indicator that they are going OL, with the 1st pick. 😬
Makes sense for Incognito to go.   He is old and more injuries are likely.   

The scary part is that the Raiders now have more holes on the O side of the ball to go along with a lot of holes on D to fill.   

Makes sense for Incognito to go.   He is old and more injuries are likely.   

The scary part is that the Raiders now have more holes on the O side of the ball to go along with a lot of holes on D to fill.   
My holy crap, was more surprise after Jackson being let go.  I thought incognito should have been first to go, other than gruden’s crush on him. 

I’m not being clear. I was surprised that incognito was cut right after Jackson.  Like you said, they now NEED an OL  

Jackson definitely made sense from a money stand point.  
I get it.  Strange that Incognito and Jackson are gone.  Lots of holes to fill.  

Incognito only played two games last year.  One thing this coaching staff has done really well is get high level offensive line play no matter who was playing.  It will be challenging, but I trust them to make the right decisions with this group.
Well, not really, remember the yesr before lady year the head EVERYONE wanted was Cable because the line play was not very good. 

Miller was still developing and there were injuries and struggling play from everyond other than Hudson. 

Well, not really, remember the yesr before lady year the head EVERYONE wanted was Cable because the line play was not very good. 

Miller was still developing and there were injuries and struggling play from everyond other than Hudson. 
Yeah, I was speaking about last year. 

I don't really see Incognito and Gabe Jackson as huge losses.  I think Gabe Jackson is a bit overrated.  Good, solid player, but at his price I'm ok with that cut and I don't think Incognito could really be counted on at this stage in his career.  

DA RAIDERS said:
Chad, you been drinking?  😜
HA! I was like, I don't get it, what the hell is the joke there.... and then reread that post. Ouch. 

No alcohol involved. Just fat fingers on a smart phone post without proof reading. 

🤦‍♂️

Restructuring the Oline needs to be done. They were one of the most expensive units in the league the past two years. Some of that money needs to be moved to defense and resigning Nellie. Can't go into next season with just Ruggs and Edwards at WR either. 

Restructuring the Oline needs to be done. They were one of the most expensive units in the league the past two years. Some of that money needs to be moved to defense and resigning Nellie. Can't go into next season with just Ruggs and Edwards at WR either. 
I think we had THE most spent on the Oline. On the other side it has been a good to great unit depending on health. 

Like most teams, the lower cap number is going to force a lot of hard decisions for sure. There are rumblings of resigning Incognito at a lower number. Buzz is that he is fully healthy and in great shape. I am more than happy to have him back at a lower number. I still feel Good is a priority since he brings he level play and flexibility. Simpson showed a lot of promise but I am more comfy with Incognito and Good at G spots. I am confident Brown will not be with us next year. 

Glad to have Miller and Hudson to anchor the unit though. 

Good to hear we'll be sitting out free agency.

Players Raiders have signed & given $4M+ GTD money to in the Gruden/Mayock era:

Trent Brown ($36M)
Littleton ($22M)
Joyner ($21M)
Tyrell Williams ($21M)

Nassib ($16M)
Kwiatkowski ($13M)
Jordy Nelson ($13M)

Mariota ($7M)
Whitehead ($6M)
Maliek Collins ($5M)
Rashaan Melvin ($4M)