What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Tampa Bay at The WFT +10(45)*** "Bring on Brady! and Be Careful What Young Wish For" (1 Viewer)

Ah, when I think of separated shoulder I think of the other joint. So yeah, AC joints are usually the impact injuries. We've both had shoulder issues. I had rotator cuff surgery and need AC surgery from a car wreck.
Maybe you're thinking dislocated shoulder?  He could've dislocated it but it would've been popped right in immediately.

Maybe you're thinking dislocated shoulder?  He could've dislocated it but it would've been popped right in immediately.
That's what I'm thinking. You probably know the terminology better than me. Like what entails a separation technically, etc. No biggie. I was just adding to what I thought you were saying.

Game, set, match. WAS just needed to do a little more defensively, but a good effort overall. Surprised they hung 23 up there. Nice job by Heinicke. He won't be looking for a job next year. He's at least at backup status now. 

Right, but they signed him dec 8th. Dude was not in practice “all season” like you claimed.
Rivera knew him well in Carolina as he was a backup to Newton, appearing in 6 games. He even came in week 16 against his former team a couple of weeks ago, and looked good from what I remember seeing. Can Smith really be that much better? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rivera knew him well in Carolina as he was a backup to Newton, appearing in 6 games. He even came in week 16 against his former team a couple of weeks ago, and looked good from what I remember seeing. Can Smith really be that much better? 
I’m aware of all that. I’ve been saying that I hope Smith retires this offseason. He’s been a warrior but his body just can’t handle the rigors of the NFL at this point. I was hoping the beer man would get the start this week as Alex is done in his current health. But my point remains that Ron was saddled with Haskins all season due to Snyder. Once he was finally able to dump him Heinecke became an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing history is more favorable if you're not starting your 4th QB
This team was improving all season.  They had a chance...  and that 4th QB played pretty well.  I actually had some Flutie flashbacks.  It was a competitive and compelling; I hope Heinicke did earn a shot as a backup somewhere.

I thought it was a catch too and so did at least one official 
Are you talking about the last TD?  There was a time in the not so distant past that it would NOT have been, due to his hands apparently coming off the ball.

Or are you talking about the ball that was bobbled and then dropped after a moment of control?  One of the commentators felt it should have been which just shows how far we've dropped the standard of what catching the ball means.

This team was improving all season.  They had a chance...  and that 4th QB played pretty well.  I actually had some Flutie flashbacks.  It was a competitive and compelling; I hope Heinicke did earn a shot as a backup somewhere.
Agreed all around. 

It would be really surprising if he wasn't on a roster next season. Possibly in Washington.

I’m aware of all that. I’ve been saying that I hope Smith retires this offseason. He’s been a warrior but his body just can’t handle the rigors of the NFL at this point. I was hoping the beer man would get the start this week as Alex is done in his current health. But my point remains that Ron was saddled with Haskins all season due to Snyder. Once he was finally able to dump him Heinecke became an option.
You are correct about all that. Maybe I was too harsh about Smith. Bottom line is Heinicke proved to be more than viable, and showed grit. His poise in the pocket against a relentless blitz was something you don't see from a career second start. Without him at QB, the game would never have been within reach IMHO. At least now it might lessen the need to overpay for a QB. Many of the other pieces are in place.

Are you talking about the last TD?  There was a time in the not so distant past that it would NOT have been, due to his hands apparently coming off the ball.

Or are you talking about the ball that was bobbled and then dropped after a moment of control?  One of the commentators felt it should have been which just shows how far we've dropped the standard of what catching the ball means.
I was referring to the McKissic catch and fumble that went out of bounds, then over turned as an incomplete pass.

One of the officials on the play dropped the bean bag which indicates that he thought it was a catch then fumble 

I was referring to the McKissic catch and fumble that went out of bounds, then over turned as an incomplete pass.

One of the officials on the play dropped the bean bag which indicates that he thought it was a catch then fumble 
OK; the bobble, control, drop play.  I re-watched this in slow motion and its close.  First question is when does he get full control of the ball; he does get two feet down and then needs to perform an "act", such as another step or turning up field.  I can see an argument for the latter.

OK; the bobble, control, drop play.  I re-watched this in slow motion and its close.  First question is when does he get full control of the ball; he does get two feet down and then needs to perform an "act", such as another step or turning up field.  I can see an argument for the latter.
My question was if there was no replay review of the play (there wasn’t) what made them change the call initial call (bean bag)?

Users who are viewing this thread