What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Elijah Moore, CLE (1 Viewer)

I think that's true for any of the receivers in that range.  He's not far behind Smith, waddle, or chase. But the tier with him, bateman, or marshall is really nice. I have the 1.10 in sf and really like what I see there. 
You got that right, I concur

Sucks for my Phins but they way overpaid, Teddy Ginn Jr 2.0 but maybe I'm wrong. 

MoP: "You're going to love Jalen Waddle" 😆  sound like someone that Phinsfans might remember?

Sure seems Mims is toast but I wonder what resigning Crowder will mean. There was speculation he was being resigned for the purpose of a trade, but if not he is a veteran playmaker that could eat into E Moore this rookie season. I know rookie WR seasons are typically risky to bet on anyway, but if Crowder *isn't* there I think I like Moore quite a bit in 2021. His price is reasonable enough around the 10th to 12th in redrafts. 

He wasn't re-signed. He was under contract for over $10MM and was asked to take a pay cut - which he did.
I think Crowder will be a great companion to Moore this season and once defenses understand that Moore is more likely to hurt them, open the field to Crowder and i have some stats that are worth noting....career 66% catch rate for Crowder, 2 out of every 3 passes he catches regardless, that's pretty good and can make a QB very comfortable if that is their #2 option after Moore. 

'16-67/847/7Tds

'17-66/789/3Tds

'18-injuries

'19-Jets(new team-Darnold to boot) 78-833-6Tds

'20-59/699/6Tds

He's never been a #1 WR but he is invaluable on short routes and in general he has pretty good hands. Anyone who has a decent catch% with Darnold chucking it, I wouldn't be shocked if he had a career year with a solid WR like Moore lining up at the same time eating up coverages. 

Phinsfan so in theory I hope they all fail BUT I'm a fan of Moore big time, wish Phins had taken him and I kinds like Crowder going back to Washington. 

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's easy to get carried away and predict a Tee Higgins-esque rookie year (or something even greater) but so much of his success will depend directly on Wilson and it's hard to know exactly what we're getting.  Moore will initially be the WR3 in this offense, but neither Crowder nor Davis have generally been known to stay on the field for a full season and I think there will be ample opportunity for Moore regardless.  He's a perfect fit for what LaFleur wants to do and I'm guessing he'll have more than his share of exciting moments this year but I don't think we should get carried away about his season totals in 2021. I'll project 58/700/4. A great rookie season and a lot to build on.

Jets signed second-round WR Elijah Moore to a four-year contract.

Moore was viewed as a borderline first-rounder. He (5'9/178) was the focal point of Lane Kiffin's offense in 2020, leading the FBS in catches (10.8) and receiving yards (149.1) per game as a mismatch in space from the slot. He also broke A.J. Brown’s school record for receptions in a season (86). While he was only used out wide on 147 (8.4%) career snaps, Moore's elite 4.35 forty, flat 4.0-second shuttle, and 91st percentile three-cone at 6.67 seconds suggests he's a pure athlete who can succeed anywhere on the field. He'll excel underneath on jet sweeps, screens, and slants until NFL coaches figure out how else to use him. The Jets will likely feature Moore in the slot or out wide opposite fellow newcomer Corey Davis. Jamison Crowder, Denzel Mims, and Keelan Cole are also in the wideout mix for the Jets.

Jul 21, 2021, 9:42 PM ET

Jets second-round rookie WR Elijah Moore worked with the first-team offense in Tuesday’s practice.

It's the first time Moore has done so during training camp. The Ole Miss product dazzled at the Jets’ mandatory minicamp but ceded first-team reps to veteran Keelan Cole early in training camp. That changed on Tuesday, as Moore lined up alongside Corey Davis (outside) and Jamison Crowder (slot) to open practice. It comes on the same day that head coach Robert Saleh expressed his joy with New York’s rookie class, remarking that he would’ve asked “what you were smoking” if you’d told him before the draft that they’d get Moore in the second round.

SOURCE: Connor Hughes on Twitter

Aug 3, 2021, 2:00 PM ET

For a Jets fan, you are about as negative as you possibly can be. Some good things seem to be happening. You seem to be looking for the worst. I understand being realistic and not thinking they are playoff material unless and until they show they can be, but being negative on Carter, Wilson and Moore at this point seems an Eeyore view.

For a Jets fan, you are about as negative as you possibly can be. Some good things seem to be happening. You seem to be looking for the worst. I understand being realistic and not thinking they are playoff material unless and until they show they can be, but being negative on Carter, Wilson and Moore at this point seems an Eeyore view.
Who are you referring to?

Dr. Octopus isn't being negative. That's other Jets homers on certain people. TLEF has Wilson. rockaction has Mims. NYRAGE is against the dying of the light. All of us hating in different ways. Dr. Octopus, though, no. 

Dr. Octopus isn't being negative. That's other Jets homers on certain people. TLEF has Wilson. rockaction has Mims. NYRAGE is against the dying of the light. All of us hating in different ways. Dr. Octopus, though, no. 
I guess he was talking about me, but I didn’t say anything negative about Moore (and of course I’m rooting for him). It was a simple observation about early camp reports and it was more in the general sense. The smaller shifter guys stand out in no pad and no tackling practices.

I’ve had nothing negative to say about Wilson or Carter at all - in fact I’m generally more optimistic about the Jets than many fans. I’m curious about that comment.

I'm in agreement with your post and I have optimism about the Jets also. I also think rockaction might need to think about what happens once the pads come on and all 6'3" of Mims can line up and beat small defenders on the outside. We'll see...

Jets are usually near the top of my do not draft list, but Carter & Moore look like viable picks.
Same here.  I also usually avoid Jags players.  But then in one of my current on-going drafts, I had four 1sts (1.04, 1.08, 1.09, and 1.11) and I ended up getting Etienne, Lawrence, Moore and Carter.  Two each from the Jags and Jets.  Not sure that's a winning dynasty strategy.

how early do you pull the trigger on Moore in a PPR redraft best ball league? 
Depends, is this a home league? In a home league, right now you can probably wait until around pick 120 or so. I would strike earlier than that though. He's around 105 in best ball and likely to keep rising. 

woodstock said:
I'm in agreement with your post and I have optimism about the Jets also. I also think rockaction might need to think about what happens once the pads come on and all 6'3" of Mims can line up and beat small defenders on the outside. We'll see...
As a guy who loved Mims last year (and thankfully sold him this offseason), I think Moore is the guy to get here. I know Mims has a greay size-speed combo but Moore is just as fast and hell of a lot quicker. I am buying the hype. 

As a guy who loved Mims last year (and thankfully sold him this offseason), I think Moore is the guy to get here. I know Mims has a greay size-speed combo but Moore is just as fast and hell of a lot quicker. I am buying the hype. 
Oh, I think Moore is the guy to have for sure over Mims. Mims has been problematic ever since he said what he said about Philly and didn't survive camp his first year without injury to his soft tissues. That was a problem.

But now, I think the new coaching staff might be seriously underrating his potential there in NY. Then again, the GM knew what he had and went out and signed two guys, drafted one, and retained another seasoned pro, so what do I know? Mims may be a total dud in their eyes right now. We won't know that until the season, but Mims continues to plummet down the rankings stepladder. He might be undervalued right now in dynasty. I've seen lower than WR73. Now would be the time to buy, one would think, if one could wait the year out. 

I wonder if we won't see him in a different jersey if things continue the way they seem to be.  

Oh, I think Moore is the guy to have for sure over Mims. Mims has been problematic ever since he said what he said about Philly and didn't survive camp his first year without injury to his soft tissues. That was a problem.

But now, I think the new coaching staff might be seriously underrating his potential there in NY. Then again, the GM knew what he had and went out and signed two guys, drafted one, and retained another seasoned pro, so what do I know? Mims may be a total dud in their eyes right now. We won't know that until the season, but Mims continues to plummet down the rankings stepladder. He might be undervalued right now in dynasty. I've seen lower than WR73. Now would be the time to buy, one would think, if one could wait the year out. 

I wonder if we won't see him in a different jersey if things continue the way they seem to be.  
I agree. I traded for him straight up last year.  Gave K.J. Hamler to a Denver homer after I picked up an orphan dynasty.  At the time, I figured I was stealing him. How wrong I was.  Since he's on my Taxi Squad I've gotta hold to recoup any value, I guess. :shrug:

This may be your last chance to get Jets players on the cheap.....owners are still acting like Gase is running the team.....it's a new era...I think they are going to shock a lot of people with how improved the offense is.  

I also agree that the hype train on Elijah is through the roof....I also pray that its legit as he could be a big time weapon.  I am not writing off Mims either....he could easily carve a role out for himself....Davis/Crowder have had a quiet camp and Cole is a pro with limitations.....I think Mims passes him as they get closer to the season.  I expect Moore to be a big focal point of the offense. 

Either way everything revolves around Wilson....they surrounded him with a solid OL and weapons - Darnold had no such luxury.....I havent been this excited for the season in a long time.  

Kiddnets said:
This may be your last chance to get Jets players on the cheap.....owners are still acting like Gase is running the team.....it's a new era...I think they are going to shock a lot of people with how improved the offense is.  

I also agree that the hype train on Elijah is through the roof....I also pray that its legit as he could be a big time weapon.  I am not writing off Mims either....he could easily carve a role out for himself....Davis/Crowder have had a quiet camp and Cole is a pro with limitations.....I think Mims passes him as they get closer to the season.  I expect Moore to be a big focal point of the offense. 

Either way everything revolves around Wilson....they surrounded him with a solid OL and weapons - Darnold had no such luxury.....I havent been this excited for the season in a long time.  
Moore has the potential to be the best playmaker the Jets have had on offense in a long time. 

My spider sense tells me this kid is for reals. Just took him in a best ball PPR  in the 10th round, over Parker, Mooney, Corey Davis, and Michael Thomas. Choo Choo!!!  :pickle:

Thinking of offering 3 firsts (22,23,24) from a contending team.

1qb, full ppr, 

Overpay?

Thinking of offering 3 firsts (22,23,24) from a contending team.

1qb, full ppr, 

Overpay?
Why would you pay 3 firsts for an unproven player that was just drafted in the late first, early second? If you believed in him so much you could have traded into the draft to get him for far less? By paying 3 firsts he has to become a top 5 WR just to break even.

In my long time 12 team ppr dynasty league (well over 10 years) I just traded James Conner for pick 2.9. 

I had to make the trade with Elijah Moore still on the board that late.

25 man rosters. Line up: QRRWWTFKD

In my long time 12 team ppr dynasty league (well over 10 years) I just traded James Conner for pick 2.9. 

I had to make the trade with Elijah Moore still on the board that late.

25 man rosters. Line up: QRRWWTFKD
HFS Elijah Moore made it to 2.09 in a single QB league? That is positively bonkers. 

Moore has moved up to #12ish  in most rookie rankings that I'm seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread