Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Elijah Moore, Jets

On 4/27/2021 at 5:25 AM, -OZ- said:

I think that's true for any of the receivers in that range.  He's not far behind Smith, waddle, or chase. But the tier with him, bateman, or marshall is really nice. I have the 1.10 in sf and really like what I see there. 

You got that right, I concur

Sucks for my Phins but they way overpaid, Teddy Ginn Jr 2.0 but maybe I'm wrong. 

MoP: "You're going to love Jalen Waddle" 😆  sound like someone that Phinsfans might remember?

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 1:01 PM, barackdhouse said:

Sure seems Mims is toast but I wonder what resigning Crowder will mean. There was speculation he was being resigned for the purpose of a trade, but if not he is a veteran playmaker that could eat into E Moore this rookie season. I know rookie WR seasons are typically risky to bet on anyway, but if Crowder *isn't* there I think I like Moore quite a bit in 2021. His price is reasonable enough around the 10th to 12th in redrafts. 

On 6/16/2021 at 1:33 PM, Dr. Octopus said:

He wasn't re-signed. He was under contract for over $10MM and was asked to take a pay cut - which he did.

I think Crowder will be a great companion to Moore this season and once defenses understand that Moore is more likely to hurt them, open the field to Crowder and i have some stats that are worth noting....career 66% catch rate for Crowder, 2 out of every 3 passes he catches regardless, that's pretty good and can make a QB very comfortable if that is their #2 option after Moore. 

'16-67/847/7Tds

'17-66/789/3Tds

'18-injuries

'19-Jets(new team-Darnold to boot) 78-833-6Tds

'20-59/699/6Tds

He's never been a #1 WR but he is invaluable on short routes and in general he has pretty good hands. Anyone who has a decent catch% with Darnold chucking it, I wouldn't be shocked if he had a career year with a solid WR like Moore lining up at the same time eating up coverages. 

Phinsfan so in theory I hope they all fail BUT I'm a fan of Moore big time, wish Phins had taken him and I kinds like Crowder going back to Washington. 

Cheers!

Edited by Ministry of Pain

It's easy to get carried away and predict a Tee Higgins-esque rookie year (or something even greater) but so much of his success will depend directly on Wilson and it's hard to know exactly what we're getting.  Moore will initially be the WR3 in this offense, but neither Crowder nor Davis have generally been known to stay on the field for a full season and I think there will be ample opportunity for Moore regardless.  He's a perfect fit for what LaFleur wants to do and I'm guessing he'll have more than his share of exciting moments this year but I don't think we should get carried away about his season totals in 2021. I'll project 58/700/4. A great rookie season and a lot to build on.

• 1 month later...

Jets signed second-round WR Elijah Moore to a four-year contract.

Moore was viewed as a borderline first-rounder. He (5'9/178) was the focal point of Lane Kiffin's offense in 2020, leading the FBS in catches (10.8) and receiving yards (149.1) per game as a mismatch in space from the slot. He also broke A.J. Brown’s school record for receptions in a season (86). While he was only used out wide on 147 (8.4%) career snaps, Moore's elite 4.35 forty, flat 4.0-second shuttle, and 91st percentile three-cone at 6.67 seconds suggests he's a pure athlete who can succeed anywhere on the field. He'll excel underneath on jet sweeps, screens, and slants until NFL coaches figure out how else to use him. The Jets will likely feature Moore in the slot or out wide opposite fellow newcomer Corey Davis. Jamison Crowder, Denzel Mims, and Keelan Cole are also in the wideout mix for the Jets.

Jul 21, 2021, 9:42 PM ET

• 2 weeks later...