What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Elijah Moore, CLE (1 Viewer)

I'm kind of curious about the hype surrounding a guy who hasn't really shown much, injuries to others be damned. What I mean is, how can you trust him in your starting lineup?
Trust is a strong word. But if you've got multiple injuries, there are worse situations to hitch your wagon to.

I'd like it a lot better if it weren't a Monday night game. If Cooper winds up playing through the injury, there's probably not a ton of good pivot options.

He was a strong start even if Cooper was 100% healthy. If he's not elevated to must start status now it's pretty close.

He's such a major part of this offense. Even with Cooper healthy last week he was tied with DPJ for most routes run, led in targets and tacked on two carries to boot.

Don't let the production from a rain soaked game they won easily and took the peddle of the gas mess with your head. Start this guy unless you got some really strong options.

I'm kind of curious about the hype surrounding a guy who hasn't really shown much, injuries to others be damned. What I mean is, how can you trust him in your starting lineup?

Tied for most targets with the alpha in his debut and also got a couple rush attempts. So they’re looking to get him the ball in different ways. Amari aggravated his groin late in the week and PIT just got feasted on in the middle, what’s not to like?
Yeah things do seem like they are lining up here for him to produce.

I've been buying into the hype all summer, but it does concern me that everyone keeps talking about this guy's talent, but we've never really seen it. If he doesn't produce here, could be a lot of drops next week.

I didn't think I was going to have to stress about my lineup decision. This news makes me want to put Elijah in. Would you guys start him over Josh Kelley?

I have him going in both my leagues. Totally healthy and a Monday Night start. Probably not great strategy, but I love knowing I still have a chance on Monday night!

Anyone else thinking of putting this guy on waivers ? A hurt Amari cooper was twice as good as this guy

If Watson could hit the broad side of a barn he would have had a much bigger game.

The targets were there, the accuracy was not.

I'm holding for now.
yeah same here. watson was really really bad when targeting anyone not named Cooper.
I am trying to hold on for now. I had such high hopes for him this year and thought he and Watson had some good chemistry brewing in training camp. If a roster need pops up though, he is likely the next one to be thrown back in the pond for me.

If Watson can elevate his play to “average” he will be fine. Question is whether that is possible because Deshaun looks like a guy who had a public humiliation, missed two years of football, went from hero to sexual predator and has yet to regain his form and confidence. Which is all very much to my satisfaction, regardless of my Elijah shares.

sorry all, jet fan here and after his hissy fit i am more than happy to watch elijah doolittle suffer. i have nothing to add, but like watching him be underutilized. amazingly though, he’s a jet wr drafted in round 2 still in the league.

Seven games and zero TDs.
I still think he's talented, but the Cleveland offense ranks 22nd in TDs.
On the bright side, still a better situation than the Jets.

Seven games and zero TDs.
I still think he's talented, but the Cleveland offense ranks 22nd in TDs.
Averaging 2 less fantasy points a game with the Browns and that's despite having his playing time severely cut with the Jets for awhile.

I'm truly surprised he's been this much of a dud but he's not making any plays. For some odd reason they envisioned him as some sort of Deebo type player. That failed miserably and they seem to have scrapped it. But he's not making any plays downfield and makes me wonder if the LaFluer actually had a better plan for how to use him with the Jets.

Holding for sure just on hope Watson, who I thought was played pretty decent his last full game, can get healthy and resurrect them both.

His season stats would look much better with a healthy, average Watson at QB the whole time. I

If Watson gets healthy again there could be some decent value for Moore as a wr3 in the playoffs.

Averaging 2 less fantasy points a game with the Browns and that's despite having his playing time severely cut with the Jets for awhile.
I meant if he were on the Jets this year, who boast a bottom-of-the-barrel 1,150 passing yards so far, and are barely edging out the Giants to claim 2nd worst in receiving TDs (5).
But I realize "stinks a little less" is still "stinks".

His season stats would look much better with a healthy, average Watson at QB the whole time. I

If Watson gets healthy again there could be some decent value for Moore as a wr3 in the playoffs.
Wasn’t Watson stinking up the room when healthy? He had his one year mulligan last year.

Wasn’t Watson stinking up the room when healthy? He had his one year mulligan last year.
Not really.

He played a grand total of 3 games this season before the injury. Improved each week. Was basically stinky week one, meh week two, played really well week 3 which also happened to be Elijah's one decent game all year for fantasy.

Not sure how serious to take this story going back to the end of Dec but it sounds like Moore had a pretty scary concussion.
Browns added Jeudy but that doesn't mean a whole lot.
He is at an all time low most drafts/dynasty leagues if people even kept him on their roster.
Had such high hopes for this kid

Not sure how serious to take this story going back to the end of Dec but it sounds like Moore had a pretty scary concussion.
Browns added Jeudy but that doesn't mean a whole lot.
He is at an all time low most drafts/dynasty leagues if people even kept him on their roster.
Had such high hopes for this kid
Damn....

Not really.

He played a grand total of 3 games this season before the injury. Improved each week. Was basically stinky week one, meh week two, played really well week 3 which also happened to be Elijah's one decent game all year for fantasy.
What about the year before that? I know it was his first year back in 2022, but he sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread