What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Elijah Moore, CLE (1 Viewer)

my thought was that some organization have a very low tolerance for dissidence and maybe Moore was too much and needed to be the lesson.

He essentially quit on his team when they were on a win streak and technically in the playoffs. He wasn't happy because he wasn't getting the ball and asked for a trade and disparaged not only the QB but the OC.
I don't think "quit" is accurate. The rest is correct - he was unhappy, complained loudly, got benched. Not a wise choice on his part. However, he did not pull an Antonio Brown. By all accounts, Moore was running his routes and getting open often before getting himself benched.
I’d agree. He shouldn’t have complained during a winning streak - but for the most part he was noticeably talented and stuck in a bad situation for him. I wish they kept him and saw what he could do with Rodgers, but they really didn’t have a choice and like rock said they likely don’t miss him much. Rodgers is either going to play well or his age will start to show - Moore over Lazard isn’t going to matter much if Rodgers is on.

I don't think "quit" is accurate.

He publicly asked for a trade and removed himself from practice and scrubbed the Jets from his social media site.

I don't know what more you could want.

"After a Week 6 win that saw the Jets beat Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers, Moore took to Twitter to discuss his unhappiness with his involvement in the Jets’ offense, writing: “If I say what I really wanna say … I’ll be the selfish guy… we winning. Grateful! Huge blessing! All I ever wanted. [Bittersweet] for me em but I’ll be solid. So I’ll just stay quiet Just know I don’t understand either.”

Moore had zero targets in that game, continuing a rough start to the year for a wide receiver expecting a breakout season. After that game, Moore had a profane outburst against then-offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur, which ended with the disgruntled wide receiver demanding a trade from the Jets."

I don't think "quit" is accurate.

He publicly asked for a trade and removed himself from practice and scrubbed the Jets from his social media site.

I don't know what more you could want.
Everything I've read says the Jets sent him home from practice for personal reasons. Not that he quit practice.
No matter the drama, he has not proven to be a quitter. Quite the opposite, he was still giving 100% on the field despite being frustrated. You can call Antonio Brown a quitter...taking off his jersey and pads, then walking to the tunnel in the middle of a game.

Over a week after Moore unwisely started all that drama, head coach Saleh said:

“He’s been fine,” Saleh said, via Rich Cimini of ESPN.com. “Was there frustration? Is there frustration? There probably still is in terms of what he wants his role to be from a ball-production standpoint, but he’s not quitting on anybody. He’s not out there dogging it. He’s not sitting on his helmet. He’s not skipping [practice] and holding out and he’s not faking injuries. He’s not doing any of that. He just wants to contribute.”

A guy on the one of the XM NFL/FF channels was talking him up but did express concern that the Browns play a lot of 2 TE sets to facilitate the running game. This could limit the number of snaps for the slot receiver.
The Browns 'played' a lot of 2 TE sets with Baker Mayfield and Jacoby Brissett at QB and when Kareem Hunt was an integral part of the offense.
Last year, Watson was suspended the first 11 games and the Browns didn't have Moore or enough WRs to play an effective 11 personnel base, so they ran a ton of 12 personnel which made sense.
That take is a year old.

Browns WR Elijah Moore answers for 1st time if he dropped expletive on former Jets coordinator

Zack Rosenblatt of The Athletic reported that Moore, acquired by the Browns in a trade with the Jets in March, hurled those two phrases at LaFleur on Oct. 20, four days after he got zero targets in a victory over the Packers. According to Rosenblatt, multiple people who witnessed the interaction told him the same thing. Moore was sent home that day by head coach Robert Saleh to cool off, and reportedly requested a trade that night. He sat out a victory over the Broncos that week, and was back on the job on Monday.

I do not really care what happened in NY, and neither does Elijah according to him in the above posted video. He appears to genuinely understand that he could have done things differently and states no angst towards the Jets. I am interested in seeing if he becomes the guy I thought he could when he came into this league. I think he can be a high volume pass catcher with big play potential. All off-season accounts have been positive and I would wager we see a guy who exceeds expectations.

I do not really care what happened in NY, and neither does Elijah according to him in the above posted video. He appears to genuinely understand that he could have done things differently and states no angst towards the Jets. I am interested in seeing if he becomes the guy I thought he could when he came into this league. I think he can be a high volume pass catcher with big play potential. All off-season accounts have been positive and I would wager we see a guy who exceeds expectations.
same. If you are not valued by an organization then it is time to leave. Clearly the Browns value him already and see his talent based on reports on how they plan to use him

... for future reference whenever a 'smallish' WR flashes at this time of the year... OTAs are setup for the offense to look good ... defenses are at a huge disadvantage... physicality is minimized ...
We finally got to see Moore facing DBs in pads, hands-on, full physicality.
Take a look.

LINK to video

Was that good or bad I couldn't tell? He didn't really get away from the DB

50 Wide Receivers go off the board before he is thought to be good value in about Rd 11-12 towards the end of the Draft?
I definitely can see him cracking the Top 30

ADP 40+
JuJu
Lazard
Both Baltimore WRs
Make that 3 Baltimore WRs with rookie Zay Flowers in the cuts there
Michael Thomas, 3rd guy in Seattle
Thielen in Carolina
This is where he is falling right now, this is the decision you are making by grabbing Moore vs any of these other guys.

36-Pickens
38-BCooks-Now in Dallas if you haven't been keeping up
40-Gabe Davis

This is a gift if you get Elijah Moore this late in the Draft
I would assume most will already have 3-4 strong WR options but if you waited and haven't filled in your bye weeks and just good match ups...
Pickens-Moore, Cooks-Moore, Davis-Moore, that's a nice 4-5 punch at WR, perhaps a weekly Flex contributor and you're not investing that much.

Just some more incoherent MoP thoughts as I survey the ADP for redrafts.

50 Wide Receivers go off the board before he is thought to be good value in about Rd 11-12 towards the end of the Draft?
I definitely can see him cracking the Top 30

ADP 40+
JuJu
Lazard
Both Baltimore WRs
Make that 3 Baltimore WRs with rookie Zay Flowers in the cuts there
Michael Thomas, 3rd guy in Seattle
Thielen in Carolina
This is where he is falling right now, this is the decision you are making by grabbing Moore vs any of these other guys.

36-Pickens
38-BCooks-Now in Dallas if you haven't been keeping up
40-Gabe Davis

This is a gift if you get Elijah Moore this late in the Draft
I would assume most will already have 3-4 strong WR options but if you waited and haven't filled in your bye weeks and just good match ups...
Pickens-Moore, Cooks-Moore, Davis-Moore, that's a nice 4-5 punch at WR, perhaps a weekly Flex contributor and you're not investing that much.

Just some more incoherent MoP thoughts as I survey the ADP for redrafts.
I will smash Moore at that price. As my WR5-6 depending on build?

It’s all upside. He’ll be used rushing out of the backfield as well. I’m in, even if I’m bearish on Watson. Though warming up to him a bit.

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski expects Elijah Moore to be a “big part” of the offense.
“It’s our job as coaches to find ways to get him the ball,” Stefanski said. In theory, it’s good news, though the tenor of the Browns’ coaching staff’s comments about their newest receiver has also suggested they are not entirely sure how to use him. There has been talk of jet sweeps and screens. There is no doubt Moore could do damage with those looks, but it does not sound like he is commanding the ball as a traditional wideout. Moore is due to return from a rib injury this week.

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski expects Elijah Moore to be a “big part” of the offense.
“It’s our job as coaches to find ways to get him the ball,” Stefanski said. In theory, it’s good news, though the tenor of the Browns’ coaching staff’s comments about their newest receiver has also suggested they are not entirely sure how to use him. There has been talk of jet sweeps and screens. There is no doubt Moore could do damage with those looks, but it does not sound like he is commanding the ball as a traditional wideout. Moore is due to return from a rib injury this week.
That doesn't sound as good as I'd hoped when he signed on here.
Flip side would be to move Cooper up a notch or two and might make a better pick than I had anticipated in the 4th/5th Rd range

In my 10 team/10 player keeper that drafted last night, I got Moore as my WR6 drafted at pick 9.09 after the likes of Puka Nacua, Allen Lazard, Jalin Hyatt, Adam Thielen, Jonathan Mingo and others. Seems many folk and leagues are leaving this guy. I was giddy when I drafted and can wait and see with him.

That doesn't sound as good as I'd hoped when he signed on here.
Flip side would be to move Cooper up a notch or two and might make a better pick than I had anticipated in the 4th/5th Rd range
Coach saying he will be a big part of the offense is good. Writer making confusing statements following that comment can be construed however you like, I do not find them very pertinent.

"Elijah Moore is expected to line up in the slot and out of the backfield this season, according to Zac Jackson of The Athletic".

What are we anticipating this usage looks like?

I am high on Moore this year. Stefanski has used him all over the field in multiple ways. Watson hass a connection with him. Don't miss out. It's nice to finally be able to draft Browns players.

I am high on Moore this year. Stefanski has used him all over the field in multiple ways. Watson hass a connection with him. Don't miss out. It's nice to finally be able to draft Browns players.
I have him in both my leagues thus far and will take him tonight in my third if the price is right (which it may not be given today's update).

Elijah Moore caught 3-of-7 targets for 43 yards in the Browns’ Week 1 win over the Bengals, adding two carries for 19 yards.

Moore tied Amari Cooper for a team-high in targets while also being schemed a pair of rush attempts. He flashed his big-play ability on a carry out of shotgun that saw him reverse the entire field to turn a potential loss of yards into a 19-yard game. The Browns’ offense still looked rusty in this game, but Moore was heavily involved in the game plan. If Deshaun Watson can get in rhythm and start putting up bigger passing numbers, Moore could be in line for a breakout season. He will get plenty of WR3 buzz heading into his Week 2 matchup with the Steelers.

- Rotoworld

I was starting this guy in all the leagues I have him in anyways but that certainly makes me feel good. Felt like it was a nice matchup anyways too

I'm going to be flip flopping E. Moore and R. Doubs until 12:59...cannot land on a decision.

Fear that DP Jones has a big game and Moore just stays in his role...which isn't bad.

B. Aiyuk seemed wide open in the middle of the field all day last week against the PIT secondary.

I'm kind of curious about the hype surrounding a guy who hasn't really shown much, injuries to others be damned. What I mean is, how can you trust him in your starting lineup?

I'm kind of curious about the hype surrounding a guy who hasn't really shown much, injuries to others be damned. What I mean is, how can you trust him in your starting lineup?

Tied for most targets with the alpha in his debut and also got a couple rush attempts. So they’re looking to get him the ball in different ways. Amari aggravated his groin late in the week and PIT just got feasted on in the middle, what’s not to like?

It's a mistake to doubt any Mike Tomlin coached team. Personally, I'm giving the Steelers defense a mulligan.

Heyward is out but any defense with TJ Watt & Minkah Fitzpatrick should not be taken lightly.

I think Moore can have a nice game but I am not anticipating a similar game to Cle v Cin

Tied for most targets with the alpha in his debut and also got a couple rush attempts. So they’re looking to get him the ball in different ways. Amari aggravated his groin late in the week and PIT just got feasted on in the middle, what’s not to like?
Sure, start him if you don't have better options. Like I said, I don't see starting him, injuries be damned. For example, I would start a retread like Kenrick Bourne over him.

Users who are viewing this thread