What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Elijah Moore, CLE (2 Viewers)

Hmmm...I think this conversation has been simplified to a fault. I believe size matters as it relates to skill set. Elijah Moore is a great route runner with separation skills, his size can be a benefit here. Moore is listed at 5'10", 178-180. A few other successful receivers in his size radius:

Antonio Brown: 5'10" 185

Diontae Johnson: 5'10" 183

Steve Smith: 5'9" 195

Greg Jennings: 5'11" 198

Wes Welker: 5'8" 185

Golden Tate: 5'10" 197

Emmanuel Sanders: 5'11" 180

Julian Edelman 5'10" 198

These receivers are known for their route running, quickness, and separation. He can definitely be a success and I don't think the odds are working against him.
He was so jacked, so powerful. No wonder everyone was scared of him  :lol:  Pound for pound I'd argue the toughest WR in our generation. 

NFL Week 1 fantasy football questions and answers: 32 reporters give advice on Julio Jones, Ravens running backs, more

Excerpt:

Who will rank second in targets behind Corey Davis this weekend?

Rookie WR Elijah Moore is the player to watch. He figures to have a prominent role with slot receiver Jamison Crowder ruled out this weekend after testing positive for COVID-19 last week. Moore plays inside and outside, increasing his chances of seeing significant playing time. Even though he missed the preseason, he developed a good chemistry with QB Zach Wilson on the practice field. -- Rich Cimini

Daniel Jeremiah wrote an article a few weeks ago were he forecast some key rookie WR's.  He had Elijah down for about 85/1,100. Not sure if he was thinking in terms of 17 game season. But for what it's worth if you applied his projections to fantasy then Elijah projected higher then all rookie pass catchers.

Also on his podcast yesterday he predicted Moore for offensive rookie of the year.

Now DJ is friends with Joe Douglass. So whether you think he's biased or has intel leading to his take is up to you. I'm the latter category myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elijah Moore caught 1-of-4 targets for negative three yards in the Jets' Week 1 loss to the Panthers.

Moore dropped his first two targets, including a would-be 50+ yard reception that went through his arms. He also had a 22 yard reception nullified by an illegal formation penalty. His final target was deep in double coverage, to rack up some some classic Jets’ prayer yards. Moore's debut was disappointing but not a few plays away from looking drastically different in the box score. With Keelan Cole and Jamison Crowder both potentially back for Week 2 against the Patriots, Moore will be best left on fantasy benches.

Jets WR Elijah Moore suffered a concussion in New York's Week 3 loss to the Broncos. 

Moore had caught 3-of-6 targets for 22 yards before going down late in the third quarter. He will be week to week with a decent chance at getting cleared for Week 4 against the Titans. Before the head injury, Moore was matching Corey Davis in targets, though neither wideout could produce anything of box score substance vs. the Broncos' elite defense. One of the most hyped players of the entire offseason, Moore's momentum has been spoiled by injuries [and Zach Wilson being bad rookie football person]. With Jamison Crowder (groin) due back soon, it's getting difficult to justify holding onto Moore in 12-team re-draft leagues as the Jets' offense looks like one of the worst in the league.

Elijah Moore (concussion) did not practice on Thursday. 

This bodes poorly for a return for Week 4 for Moore, which is a shame because the Titans defense is quite a feast for most non-Jets teams. Corey Davis will draw most of the Jets' volume, and Jamison Crowder (groin) could get heavy work in his season debut in what should be a plus matchup. We'll see if Zach Wilson lets that happen. 

RELATED: 

Jamison Crowder

Sep 30, 2021, 4:15 PM ET

Jets head coach Robert Saleh said Elijah Moore (concussion) is out for Week 4 against the Titans. 

Denzel Mims will be active and Jamison Crowder (groin) is expected to suit up against Tennessee. Moore has the team's third highest target share (18 percent) headed into Week 4. The matchup against the Titans is halfway decent for Zach Wilson and his pass catchers: Only seven teams are allowing more yards per pass attempt than the Titans, who have given up the fourth most yards to opposing wideouts. Corey Davis remains the only startable Jets pass catcher in 12-team leagues. 

RELATED: 

Jamison Crowder

SOURCE: Eric Allen on Twitter 

Oct 1, 2021, 10:57 AM ET

Jets WR Elijah Moore (concussion) returned to practice Wednesday. 

Moore has cleared the concussion protocol and is likely to play Sunday against the Falcons, after missing Zach Wilson's mini-breakout against the Titans. In Week 5, the Jets face a Falcons defense that has been slightly less efficient against the pass than the Titans, so Wilson is in good position to continue his success. Moore is likely to play on the outside ahead of Keelan Cole, and steal some slot snaps from Jamison Crowder. He may not be a true full time player in his return, and will be difficult to trust, even in a good matchup.

RELATED: 

Keelan Cole

, Jamison Crowder

SOURCE: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

Oct 6, 2021, 12:29 PM ET

Elijah Moore (concussion) was upgraded to "full" on Thursday's injury report. 

It should be Corey Davis and Moore on the outside with Jamison Crowder on the inside for the Jets against Atlanta on Sunday morning. Moore missed the first breakout game of Zach Wilson's career with the concussion, but the upgrade to full bodes well for him getting a full bushel of snaps ahead of Denzel Mims (illness), who also practiced in full on Thursday.

RELATED: 

Denzel Mims

Oct 7, 2021, 4:20 PM ET

Crowder's sudden appearance scares me a little on his 2021 outlook, might be a somewhat quiet year stats wise with a few pops here and there. 

Corey Davis IMHO is not a great WR1 and Crowder is a slot guy I think, plenty of room for the outside WR to emerge but not as fast as I was hoping. 

Crowder came right in and immediately found targets. 

Crowder's sudden appearance scares me a little on his 2021 outlook, might be a somewhat quiet year stats wise with a few pops here and there. 

Corey Davis IMHO is not a great WR1 and Crowder is a slot guy I think, plenty of room for the outside WR to emerge but not as fast as I was hoping. 

Which he's done his entire career. He's always been a bargin for his ADP IMO 

All the more why the lack of usage for Mims continues to baffle us.  At least Keelan Cole finally made an appearance last week and showed some promise.

Owner dropped him in our dynasty league. I'll definitely be trying to pick him up, but I'll be around the middle of the waiver order. No one has commented here in a while, what are you all's feelings about him? Sure, his last game was a complete dud, but he's been getting a few targets per game on average and he was a fairly highly touted prospect.

Edit: I'm an idiot and was only looking at page one, so I thought there were no comments since March. But still the question stands: how is he looking dynasty-wise?

Edit: I'm an idiot and was only looking at page one, so I thought there were no comments since March. But still the question stands: how is he looking dynasty-wise?
It's unfathomable to me he'd but cut in a dynasty league, I won't even cut in my redraft leagues but roster size differs, 16 vs 20 for instance and he's probably cut. 

I still think he's going to be a really good but right now he's not being put in his ideal position(slot), the staff has shown no creativity with him and when Wilson drops back he seems laser focused on Corey Davis or the slot. I had high expectations for the offensive staff coming into the season but not playing Moore in the slot when Crowder was out was difficult for me to understand.

I've been picking up a few comments from Wilson and the staff that the criticism for not involving him more is being heard, they are aware of the talk.  I might be guilty of wishful thinking but I've got some optimism that coming out of the bye I would not at all be surprised if they spent some time re-focusing on how to best utilize him and we see a breakout of some sorts this week.

It's unfathomable to me he'd but cut in a dynasty league, I won't even cut in my redraft leagues but roster size differs, 16 vs 20 for instance and he's probably cut. 

I still think he's going to be a really good but right now he's not being put in his ideal position(slot), the staff has shown no creativity with him and when Wilson drops back he seems laser focused on Corey Davis or the slot. I had high expectations for the offensive staff coming into the season but not playing Moore in the slot when Crowder was out was difficult for me to understand.

I've been picking up a few comments from Wilson and the staff that the criticism for not involving him more is being heard, they are aware of the talk.  I might be guilty of wishful thinking but I've got some optimism that coming out of the bye I would not at all be surprised if they spent some time re-focusing on how to best utilize him and we see a breakout of some sorts this week.
That's what I was thinking, wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some reason that he should have been dumped. Makes sense, thanks for the detailed insight. ✔️

Elijah was obviously overhyped but remember he hasnt been healthy yet and missed the entire preseason....plus no one is going to produce if the OL doesnt pick it up and Wilson get better....bye week came at a great time for the Jets and elijah...if you can steal him from a frustrated owner go for it...

Got my first dynasty share this morning. I did like him during the rookie drafts in May but I almost exclusively went with Terrace Marshall when faced between the two.

Traded Elijah Mitchell for Elijah Moore (and Damien Williams)

barackdhouse said:
Got my first dynasty share this morning. I did like him during the rookie drafts in May but I almost exclusively went with Terrace Marshall when faced between the two.

Traded Elijah Mitchell for Elijah Moore (and Damien Williams)
I just picked Moore up off waivers after the owner dropped him inexplicably. Mitchell seems a little steep of a price, I would've wanted more. Unless you're truly stacked at RB.

Elijah Moore caught 7-of-8 targets for 84 yards and two touchdowns in the Jets' Week 9 loss to the Colts. 

The catches and yards were new season highs, while the scores were the first of Moore's career. His eight targets matched a personal best. All this with No. 2 and 3 quarterbacks Mike White and Josh Johnson. Score No. 1 was a 19-yard strike from White where Moore took advantage of a coverage bust from Xavier Rhodes. He was all alone in the end zone. White was hurt on the play and Johnson checked in, eventually finding Moore for another 19-yard score in the third quarter. Freed by play-action, Moore got loose near the goal line and made a nice catch in stride. Moore certainly looked dangerous this evening after struggling for consistent looks in Weeks 1-8. The question for Week 10 vs. the mighty Bills will be who is under center. Zach Wilson (knee) could return while White's (forearm) status is up in the air. Regardless of who is at quarterback, Moore will be a WR4 vs. an elite defense. 

Nov 4, 2021, 11:50 PM ET

He was not flourishing with the rookie at QB, that concerns me a little as there doesn't seem to be natural chemistry there yet. 

Last 3 weeks, rush TD, 6/64(double digit PPR) and then last night he has a breakout game in a blowout where the Jets were trailing by huge numbers almost all night long, 42-10 in the Mid 3rd Q, some of his stats were in garbage time but who cares about that right now. He looked good and he was making plays in camp, one of the more polished WRs coming out of college even if his speed does not strike fear into opponents. 

Moore is going to carve out a career in the NFL, whoever the QB is won't matter much to him, he can get open and matches in tight spaces, I love this guy and am excited about his future, just don't have big games vs my Phins. 

Last 2 weeks 14 targets equated into 13/151/2Tds, you gotta like what you are seeing here. Wish Miami had waited and chosen this guy in the draft. 

I know he's had 14 targets the last two weeks so maybe that should just be the focus but my big concern with trusting him in my lineups this year is that even without Corey Davis he's been a part time WR. His snap count in week 8 was just 36% and that did increase to a more acceptable 60% last night but again that's without Davis and that's still a bit off from what I'd consider an everydown WR.

Jet's blew it running Berrios out of the slot early in the year when Crowder was out. I don't think next season when Crowder is likely gone they'll make that same mistake and I do expect him to emerge big time next year, still a little hard to trust if I got solid options this year at least until I see solid snap count and/or targets when Davis is active.

I think he's going to explode once Crowder moves on.
I don't see Crowder holding him back actually, I think he will push Davis on to another team. I see Moore down the road as something like 

80/1000+/5-8TDs, he's a solid WR IMHO and I think he can continue to get better. I saw him as an OJ McDuffie type which is no insult, McDuffie was one of the better Phins WRs under Marino. But I hope he can grow into something more like Steve Smith. 

Elijah post game interview

I don't see Crowder holding him back actually, I think he will push Davis on to another team. I see Moore down the road as something like 

80/1000+/5-8TDs, he's a solid WR IMHO and I think he can continue to get better. I saw him as an OJ McDuffie type which is no insult, McDuffie was one of the better Phins WRs under Marino. But I hope he can grow into something more like Steve Smith. 

Elijah post game interview
I believe they made the comparison to Cooks during the game (I was high and might have made that up) but that feels like a nice respectable trajectory both professional, and fantasy...ly.

sheerterror said:
I believe they made the comparison to Cooks during the game (I was high and might have made that up) but that feels like a nice respectable trajectory both professional, and fantasy...ly.
I might take up smoking pot, so I can keep this parenthetical in my clipboard at all times.

His catches last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SWa_Ac35fI

He runs good routes. He was in the window on that first deep cross for a long time before White hit him. I think what I was most impressed by was that he didn't celebrate after the second TD when they were so far behind. That's a lot of maturity that many young athletes don't have.

His catches last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SWa_Ac35fI

He runs good routes. He was in the window on that first deep cross for a long time before White hit him. I think what I was most impressed by was that he didn't celebrate after the second TD when they were so far behind. That's a lot of maturity that many young athletes don't have.
1st catch, gotta love the way he went down the field like he was going long and then after 15 yds, 17yds, he just cuts that inside on a beautifully run route and finds himself wide open. 

2nd catch, 19yd-TD, blown coverage by Rhodes but he looked great

3rd catch, not only does he score the TD but he pushes guys away from trying to celebrate with him as the team was down 42-10 when he scored....long time passed between his 2nd and 3rd catch. But man he looks good out there. 

Aikman said he looks a lot like Brandin Cooks, Troy of course doesn't know what he's talking about mostly and he just prior to that comment said Moore was not big in stature but he was fast...WRONG!!! Moore is not blazing fast and in fact that's exactly why the Jets got him. He's not a burner but he has the ability to get open, it's not based on speed, he runs almsot perfect routes most of the time, it's part of his game. 

Great video, thanks

1st catch, gotta love the way he went down the field like he was going long and then after 15 yds, 17yds, he just cuts that inside on a beautifully run route and finds himself wide open. 

2nd catch, 19yd-TD, blown coverage by Rhodes but he looked great

3rd catch, not only does he score the TD but he pushes guys away from trying to celebrate with him as the team was down 42-10 when he scored....long time passed between his 2nd and 3rd catch. But man he looks good out there. 

Aikman said he looks a lot like Brandin Cooks, Troy of course doesn't know what he's talking about mostly and he just prior to that comment said Moore was not big in stature but he was fast...WRONG!!! Moore is not blazing fast and in fact that's exactly why the Jets got him. He's not a burner but he has the ability to get open, it's not based on speed, he runs almsot perfect routes most of the time, it's part of his game. 

Great video, thanks
Elijah Moore is sub 4.4.  He's fast and knows how to get open. He looks better than Waddle, but maybe that's because of the way he's being used by LaFleur. If the Jets keep scoring points with scrub QBs, does Lafleur get consideration for Flores' job?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2021/4/29/22409449/todd-mcshay-projects-the-colts-to-select-ole-miss-wideout-elijah-moore-in-his-final-nfl-mock-draft

Elijah Moore is sub 4.4.  He's fast and knows how to get open. He looks better than Waddle, but maybe that's because of the way he's being used by LaFleur. If the Jets keep scoring points with scrub QBs, does Lafleur get consideration for Flores' job?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2021/4/29/22409449/todd-mcshay-projects-the-colts-to-select-ole-miss-wideout-elijah-moore-in-his-final-nfl-mock-draft
I thought Moore was like a 4.6 kind of guy but I believe you. I thought the knock on him and one of the reasons he wasn't a Top 15 guy was he wasn't fast enough running a 40-50 yd dash, glad you corrected me on this. 

I have him in a few leagues where we have 2-3 keepers and I see him as having a long fruitful NFL career. 

I thought Moore was like a 4.6 kind of guy but I believe you. I thought the knock on him and one of the reasons he wasn't a Top 15 guy was he wasn't fast enough running a 40-50 yd dash, glad you corrected me on this. 

I have him in a few leagues where we have 2-3 keepers and I see him as having a long fruitful NFL career. 
I'm completely aware that this is an overly ambitious thing to say, but when I was prepping for my rookie draft I saw Elijah Moore as a faster AB. Great routes, plus speed, hands, versatility, smaller/not-ideal stature. When I'm looking at prospects I'm looking for outliers in some key areas and tend to draft talent over situation. Again, there's only one AB and he's a HOFer, but from a direct comparison Moore does have similar qualities but with more speed.

:blackdot:

picked him up.  could be an interesting guy the rest of the way.

Same.  Need a warm body this week with Rondale Moore sketchy at best.  Bad matchup and Davis likely back but he certainly looks the part.  Crazy good team WR matchups going forward too.

Drafted guy... cut him week 1... and now I'm back.

Have a carousel of rookie WRs. 

Waddle - held
R. Moore - dropped 
E. Moore  - picked up this week
R. Bateman - picked up last week
K. Toney - dropped

Rolling with the hot hands. Go Whitemoore. 

4.35 at his pro day at Ole Miss

Was able to snag him somehow this week in a rookie keeper league where I needed a rook….very happy to see how he plays going down the stretch…seems like he has some decent upside.

very happy to see how he plays going down the stretch
Interesting that you know this already.

ETA: Just a joke, sorry if it gets in the way of real info. For the record I'm optimistic about the guy.

I'm an owner and like the look of him.  I just don't know if i can ever start him as long as crowder and davis are there

I'm an owner and like the look of him.  I just don't know if i can ever start him as long as crowder and davis are there
And Mike White is still unproven. As I stated elsewhere, if White keeps over-performing expectations LaFluer could be an NFL head coach next year. 

And Mike White is still unproven. As I stated elsewhere, if White keeps over-performing expectations LaFluer could be an NFL head coach next year. 

I feel like he won't.  It's easy in the nfl to come out and perform well when nobody knows who you are has no tape.  That guy will fall back to earth i suspect.

after seeing LaFleur's playing calling this season, it's doubtful he'd even be back as OC next season, he's pathetic. woefully bad OC. anyone watch the Colts game? how incompetent can he be ? just give Carter the handoff 20 times/gm, minimum.good things will happen.they didn't run till the 4th quarter. this guy is an idiot OC, just a bad hire like the HC or the HC in Philly. wtf is going on in the NFL?

Users who are viewing this thread