What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Rookie drafts (2 Viewers)

That's a lot of QBs that early for a 1QB league (also quite early for LB, IMO)
Depends on scoring, stud linebackers usually go in the first round in my IDP dynasty. For example I chose Devin White at 1.05 and could not be happier with the pick.

I like to see other drafts where IDP are valued.

Depends on scoring, stud linebackers usually go in the first round in my IDP dynasty. For example I chose Devin White at 1.05 and could not be happier with the pick.

Yeah, I think if IDP scoring were a little higher for Zealots leagues it would be a little less outside the norm. You usually see the best IDP players start to go in 2nd round typically.

Superflex and I had Wentz and Dak going in. 

I flipped the 1.06, 2.03 and Wentz for 1.08, 2.01 and Aiyuk. 
Interesting.  So now you have Dak, Lawrence, and Lance.  Was there any thought to going with Chase over Lance with your 2nd pick?  Or just too much value and you wanted him.

We'll usually see the top LB go in the late first in my larger leagues where we can start up to 4. 

There's definitely a logic to taking stud LBs earlier, especially if you're not confident in the offensive players. I think Chase young went in the first last year. IMO that's too early for DEs, but partly because I value consistent scoring over a couple big games each year. 

Interesting.  So now you have Dak, Lawrence, and Lance.  Was there any thought to going with Chase over Lance with your 2nd pick?  Or just too much value and you wanted him.
I definitely gave it thought.

I had 4 and 6 at the time, and based on the 5th picks needs I figured Chase would be there.

I just couldn't pass up Trey Lance's value, and potential future value, at the #4 pick.  He really shouldn't have been there (#2 player in my opinion and based on ADP) and I figured I could move Wentz to a guy that was interested afterwards.  

That trade was made when I was OTC at pick 6.

PPR 1 QB   2RB   2WR   1TE(1.5)   2 Flex - started on 5-11-21

1.01 Pitts, Kyle ATL TE (R) 

1.02 Harris, Najee PIT RB (R) 

1.03 Chase, Ja'Marr CIN WR (R) 

1.04 Etienne, Travis JAC RB (R) 

1.05 Williams, Javonte DEN RB (R) 

1.06 Smith, DeVonta PHI WR (R) 

1.07 Waddle, Jaylen MIA WR (R) 

1.08 Bateman, Rashod BAL WR (R) 

1.09 Moore, Elijah NYJ WR (R) 

1.10 Lawrence, Trevor JAC QB (R)  

1.11 Sermon, Trey SFO RB (R) 

1.12 Carter, Michael NYJ RB (R) 

2.01 Moore, Rondale ARI WR (R) 

2.02 Lance, Trey SFO QB (R) 

2.03 Marshall, Terrace CAR WR (R) 

2.04 Toney, Kadarius NYG WR (R) 

2.05 Brown, Dyami WAS WR (R) 

2.06 St. Brown, Amon-Ra DET WR (R) 

2.07 Rodgers, Amari GBP WR (R) 

2.08 Freiermuth, Pat PIT TE (R) 

2.09 Fields, Justin CHI QB (R) 

2.10 Hubbard, Chuba CAR RB (R) 

2.11 Wilson, Zach NYJ QB (R) 

2.12 Gainwell, Kenneth PHI RB (R) 

3.01 Stevenson, Rhamondre NEP RB (R) 

3.02 Palmer, Josh LAC WR (R) 

3.03 Collins, Nico HOU WR (R) 

3.04 Jones, Mac NEP QB (R) 

3.05 Eskridge, D'Wayne SEA WR (R) 

3.06 Jordan, Brevin HOU TE (R) 

3.07 Mond, Kellen MIN QB (R) 

3.08 Trask, Kyle TBB QB (R) 

3.09 Fitzpatrick, Dez TEN WR (R) 

3.10 Long, Hunter MIA TE (R) 

3.11 Hawkins, Javian ATL RB (R) 

3.12 Smith-Marsette, Ihmir MIN WR (R) 

4.01 Mills, Davis HOU QB (R) 

4.02 FootballTeam, Washington WAS Def

4.03 Terry, Tamorrion SEA WR (R) 

4.04 Jefferson, Jermar DET RB (R) 

4.05 Harris, Jacob LAR WR (R) 

4.06 Atwell, Tutu LAR WR (R) 

4.07 Hill, Kylin GBP RB (R) 

4.08 Powell, Cornell KCC WR (R) 

4.09 Schwartz, Anthony CLE WR (R) 

4.10 Nwangwu, Kene MIN RB (R) 

4.11 Williams, Tyrell DET WR  

4.12 Herbert, Khalil CHI RB (R) 

I traded a 2022 1st for Lawrence, since I previously traded my own.  I couldn't pass up Fields a 2.9 knowing I was going into the season with Lawrence, Bridgewater and Winston.

How come people seem so disinterested in Anthony Schwartz? He actually has a nice analytic profile on top of the speed. Seems like discount Ruggs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How come people seem so disinterested in Anthony Schwartz? He actually has a nice analytic profile on top of the speed. Seems like discount Ruggs. 
I considered him at 3.9, but went with Dez because he has an easier path to playing time. Since I own him, I’m hoping Schwartz is more Will Fuller than Ruggs.

I considered him at 2.9, but went with Dez because he has an easier path to playing time. Since I own him, I’m hoping Schwartz is more Will Fuller than Ruggs.
I did the same at 3.07. Schwartz was considered but thought the same on Dez. 

I considered him at 3.9, but went with Dez because he has an easier path to playing time. Since I own him, I’m hoping Schwartz is more Will Fuller than Ruggs.
Right, Ruggs is probably a bad outcome though it was only 1 season. I just meant if we could take the Ruggs bet at a 3rd round cost, it's pretty interesting. My case for Schwartz:

1. Might be the fastest player in the NFL

2. Above average breakout age

3. 78th percentile target share

4, SEC pedigree

5. Out produced NFL WR Seth Williams

6. Only 20 years old 

7. Was productive as  true freshman with 568 yards and 7 TDs

8. Dynamic weapon who had 300 yards and 7 TDs rushing

Playerprofiler has him comped to Curtis Samuel and that's a pretty smart comp since he has that kind of hybrid rushing/receiving background. He probably needs some time to develop but that could align with the time that spots are opening up in the Browns passing game. 

Honestly, I think his name has suppressed his hype. If he had a cooler name like Dyami Brown or Nico Collins he would have gotten a bit more attention. 

I've been taking Schwartz in a lot of FFPC leagues around the 6th round.  Not really someone I'm targeting but I can't pass up the value at that point.

To finish out the round...

1.10 Devonta Smith

1.11 Jaylen Waddle

1.12 Mac Jones 

I pick 2.2 and am grabbing either Trey Sermon or Michael Carter. 
So here's the draft results. Again, this is a Superflex, non-ppr league. 

1.1 Lawrence

1.2 Harris

1.3 Lance

1.4 Fields

1.5 Chase

1.6 Wilson

1.7 Pitts

1.8 Etienne

1.9 Javonte Williams (me)

1.10 Devonta Smith

1.11 Waddle

1.12 Mac Jones

2.1 Sermon

2.2 Michael Carter (me)

2.3 Bateman

2.4 Elijah Moore

2.5 Trask

2.6 Rondale Moore

2.7 Chuba Hubbard (McCaffrey owner)

2.8 Terrance Marshall

2.9 Toney (me)

2.10 Mond

2.11 Freiermuth

2.12 Davis Mills

3.1 Gainwell

3.2 St. Brown

3.3 Amari Rodgers

3.4 Dyami Brown

3.5 Rhamondre Stevenson (me)

3.6 Nico Collins

3.7 Khalil Herbert

3.8 Josh Palmer (me)

3.9 Dwayne Eskridge (me)

3.10 Larry Roundtree

3.11 Tyler Heinecke (drafted off FA list)

3.12 Hunter Long

FFPC drafts include a lot of free agents, due to cutting to 16 players. Guys like Mike Davis (early) and Jared Cook (1.5 PPR) and QBs like Matt Ryan are available.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I was truly dumbfounded how someone could find 60 rookies in this class better than Schwartz. 

Thanks for posting, I don’t see Rondale Moore or Toney over E Moore or Marshall or A Rodgers over Marshall, or Sermon over Waddle
Agreed.  Goes to show how erratic individual drafts can be.  

I'm picking at 12 in a couple of leagues.  I'd be ecstatic if Marshall falls to 12.  

Agreed.  Goes to show how erratic individual drafts can be.  

I'm picking at 12 in a couple of leagues.  I'd be ecstatic if Marshall falls to 12.  
Yep, I made a small trade to move up from 2.02 to 1.11 to make sure I got Marshall. Size/athletic combo gives him a really high ceiling relative to the slot WRs we see around him in ADP.

Yep, I made a small trade to move up from 2.02 to 1.11 to make sure I got Marshall. Size/athletic combo gives him a really high ceiling relative to the slot WRs we see around him in ADP.
You can also get Nico Collins later who offers a lot of the same upside as Marshall ;)

My Zealots PPR IDP league just went 72 picks without him selected.
I don’t know enough about IDP to comment on the impact there but it seems late for a 3rd round WR, fastest player in the NFL, 6 feet tall with solid statistical profile. I get the knocks on him but he’s got upside for sure.

You can also get Nico Collins later who offers a lot of the same upside as Marshall ;)
Yeah I do like Nico as well. He’s more or projection though since his college career was really underwhelming.

12 team PPR w/TE bonus. My picks bolded.

1.01 - Pitts
1.02 - Harris
1.03 - Chase
1.04 - Etienne
1.05 - Lawrence
1.06 - Freiermuth
1.07 - Waddle
1.08 - D Smith
1.09 - J Williams
1.10 - Sermon
1.11 - Fields
1.12 - Lance

1.01 - Pitts
1.02 - Harris
1.03 - Chase
1.04 - Etienne
1.05 - Lawrence
1.06 - Freiermuth
1.07 - Waddle
1.08 - D Smith
1.09 - J Williams
1.10 - Sermon
1.11 - Fields
1.12 - Lance
Nice Value here... guess you're a Niners fan now.

Freiermuth seems way too high even in TE bonus.  I mean it depends on the bonus, but I'm assuming 1.5 PPR TE?

That’s annoying

1.  Chase

2. Pitts 

3. Harris

4.  Etienne

5.  Javonte williams

6. Devonta smith

7.  Waddle

8.  Lawrence

9.  Bateman

10.  Terrace marshall

11. Sermon

12.  Lance

13.  Michael carter

14.  Elijah moore

15. Fields

16.  Rondale moore

17.  Kadarius Toney

18.  Amari rodgers

19. Amon-Ra St brown

Freiermuth seems way too high even in TE bonus.  I mean it depends on the bonus, but I'm assuming 1.5 PPR TE?

Yeah 1.5PPR.  I traded out of that 1.06 hole because I'm solid at WR and not bad at RB.  Wanted one of the top remaining QBs but not there. Hoping Shanny knows what he's doing with Lance in a year or so.

The guy who took Freiermuth struggled at TE all last year and felt like there were only 2 good ones in the draft.

Ended up making 2 trades that netted out to 1.06, 2.06 and 3.06 for 1.10, 1.12, and 3.05 (almost the 2.10 but couldn't pry it loose).

I'll post round 2 when it completes.  It's a slow online draft - 8 hour limit per pick.

Yeah, I am not overly high on Williams, Smith or Waddle but to take Freiermuth over them is beyond wild.

heckmanm said:

1.01 - Pitts
1.02 - Harris
1.03 - Chase
1.04 - Etienne
1.05 - Lawrence
1.06 - Freiermuth
1.07 - Waddle
1.08 - D Smith
1.09 - J Williams
1.10 - Sermon
1.11 - Fields
1.12 - Lance
2.01 - Marshall
2.02 - Carter
2.03 - Wilson
2.04 - Toney
2.05 - Bateman
2.06 - E Moore
2.07 - M Jones
2.08 - R Moore
2.09 - St Brown
2.10 - Gainwell
2.11 - Collins
2.12 - Schwartz

Deamon said:

No kidding. Unless you get a ten point bonus for every TE you start, taking him at 6 seems like a HUGE reach.

heckmanm said:

The guy who took Freiermuth struggled at TE all last year and felt like there were only 2 good ones in the draft.
Then trade the pick for about two dozen TEs, even outside the elite, who should do much better.

Andy Dufresne said:
Through four rounds. Two to go.
Wow the Texans really added a lot of talent to their roster via the rookie draft. Too bad the NFL team can't do that :sigh: I do question them carrying 16 LBs on their roster though. I know rosters don't need to be cut down to 53 for a while, but that is excessive imo.

Skeletore Eh said:
That’s annoying

1.  Chase

2. Pitts 

3. Harris

4.  Etienne

5.  Javonte williams

6. Devonta smith

7.  Waddle

8.  Lawrence

9.  Bateman

10.  Terrace marshall

11. Sermon

12.  Lance

13.  Michael carter

14.  Elijah moore

15. Fields

16.  Rondale moore

17.  Kadarius Toney

18.  Amari rodgers

19. Amon-Ra St brown
20.  Zach wilson

21.  Dyami brown

22.  Pat freiermuth

23.  Nico collins

24.  Kenneth gainwell

25.  Chuba hubbard

26.  Josh palmer

27.  Dwayne eskridge

2.01 - Marshall
2.02 - Carter
2.03 - Wilson
2.04 - Toney
2.05 - Bateman
2.06 - E Moore
2.07 - M Jones
2.08 - R Moore
2.09 - St Brown
2.10 - Gainwell
2.11 - Collins
2.12 - Schwartz

3.01 - Jordan
3.02 - Rodgers
3.03 - Eskridge
3.04 - D Brown
3.05 - Palmer
3.06 - J Adams
3.07 - Hubbard
3.08 - H Long
3.09 - D Fitzpatrick
3.10 - J Hawkins
3.11 - K Granson
3.12 - T Tremble

Draft started over weekend....  slow process, 24 hour window for each pick 12 Team 0.5 PPR 1 QB

1.01  Ja'Mar Chase Cin WR

1.02  Nakee Harris Pit RB 

1.03 Travis Etienne Jax RB

1.04  Kyle Pitts Atl TE

1.05  DeVonta Smith Phil WR

1.06  Jaylen Waddle Mia WR

1.07 Javonte Williams Den RB

1.08 Elijah Moore NYJ WR

Edit to add latest picks... for those interested.... 

1.09 Trevor Lawrence Jax QB

1.10 Terrance Marshall Car WR

1.11 Trey Sermon SF RB

1.12 Rondale Moore ARZ WR

2.01 Rashod Bateman Bal WR

2.02 Pat Freiermuth Pitt TE

I am still seeing a lot of TEs go before Kylen Granson. I think he's my TE3 at this point. I get those who have no interest in rostering a rookie TE that isn't a 1st round NFL draft talent but if you do have room on your roster, Granson is the guy I like. He's a smaller move TE like Jordan Reed or Trey Burton but that's a nice fit in Indy. He's already getting hype out of rookie camp and coach apparently this was the guy Frank Reich had to have in the draft. Beat writers are already saying he is going to play this year and be part of the passing attack. 
I had 3.09 and 3.12 and was eyeing Granson.  Decided to grab a WR first and hope, and he went 3.11.  Shoulda grabbed him when I had the chance

I had 3.09 and 3.12 and was eyeing Granson.  Decided to grab a WR first and hope, and he went 3.11.  Shoulda grabbed him when I had the chance
Seems like some of the interest is building. I took him at 3.09. Probably ends up a whiff but the class is weak and I can’t ignore the odd amount of hype he’s already getting. I saw another beat writer who’s supposedly pretty plugged in say Granson is going to be a part of this offense as a rookie and that the name Dallas Clark is getting thrown around. 

Seems like some of the interest is building. I took him at 3.09. Probably ends up a whiff but the class is weak and I can’t ignore the odd amount of hype he’s already getting. I saw another beat writer who’s supposedly pretty plugged in say Granson is going to be a part of this offense as a rookie and that the name Dallas Clark is getting thrown around. 
I don't know if I'd use the term weak to describe this TE class. The problem with it is that anyone not named Pitts isn't likely to return any meaningful value this season. This is not a new thing at TE, but there are just so many of them this year. This is why I've veered towards not drafting any, but rather intend to add one to several at some tbd time later this calendar year. Granson's certainly one of them, but not til after whoever drafts him drops him.

I don't know if I'd use the term weak to describe this TE class. The problem with it is that anyone not named Pitts isn't likely to return any meaningful value this season. This is not a new thing at TE, but there are just so many of them this year. This is why I've veered towards not drafting any, but rather intend to add one to several at some tbd time later this calendar year. Granson's certainly one of them, but not til after whoever drafts him drops him.
I meant weak as an overall class. By the late 3rd, it’s tough to find much of anyone I want on my team.  And I get what you are saying about wasting roster on stashing a TE. This worked for me here because I think he may have the rare chance to provide some pop early on since i don’t think he’s ever going to be expected to do anything but play a receiver like role. He doesn’t need to develop his blocking or bulk up to see the field. Also this team I drafted him to an orphan I’m rebuilding and have totally gutted all the dead weight. I’ve got roster spots to spare. 

I meant weak as an overall class. By the late 3rd, it’s tough to find much of anyone I want on my team.  
Interesting. I only do IDP, so my basis of comparison isn't the same but there have been offensive players I want falling outside the top 60. Some well outside of it. 

No kidding. Unless you get a ten point bonus for every TE you start, taking him at 6 seems like a HUGE reach.
He might have shopped the 1.06 for a trade and gotten a pretty good veteran TE instead.  We all know that most rookie TEs take time to develop and Freiermuth is no sure thing long term either, especially with Big Ben at the end of his career.

Users who are viewing this thread