What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I Am The Only Thing Currently Saving This Board/Hockey Is The Only Thing Currently Saving This Thread (1 Viewer)

Zamboni is a close second with his MTV thread. And Joe is The Big Kahuna and the proverbial straw that stirs the drink. I misspoke late night. 

Perhaps I am the straw that broke the camel's back. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Zamboni is a close second with his MTV thread. And Joe is The Big Kahuna and the proverbial straw that stirs the drink. I misspoke late night. 

Perhaps I am the straw that broke the camel's back. 

Pathos & Horsey threads down?

:coffee:

🚬

🐎

My mania has passed. I don't even think I'm cooler than Big Bird™ today. At least he was for the children. 

:kicksrock:

:)  

Now that -- that is a pull. Was he talking to inanimate objects when they took that photo? 

And what's up with the Flyers jersey? Most hated team at the time, and deservedly so. 

One of the two Birds forever in the hearts of sports fans, anyway.

... maaaaan, did i love me some Broad Street Bullies  :boxing:

first team i ever fanboied over - well, the Yankees, of course, but that was by attrition (Eye-Tal-Yin father, Joe D forever in the house). 

but Philly was my own doing. 

we had a connection thru my mom, who was working with an import firm circa early/mid 70s ... Marcel Pelletier was a big client of the business, not unlike, say, Art Vandalay - if you will.

anyways, ol' Marcel was part of the Flyers braintrust 'round that time, and we got to meet Clarkie & Bernie (along with Ed Van Impe and Terry Crisp) on one of their visits to the Garden. 

got me an autographed stick, as well as a signed Syl Apps jersey (who was with the Pens at that time, him & Marcel did a ton of biz together).

but, i digress ...

Saleski, Bob Kelly, Schultzie: Big Bird, the Hound, the HAMMER!  my favorite line (even moreso than Clarkie/Barber/Macleish) ... you'd get the odd shift with any one of Dornhoffer or Lonsberry or Crisp with 'em, but the core 3 of that line were freakin' nails, baby.  toughest mofos of that era. 

Clarkie remains one of my heroes ... there were only 3 guys i ever cared for in sports: Staubach, Roy White (classiest/most forgotten Yankee of that era, met him thru my dad), Clarkie. 

but that Saleski line was what i modeled my game after ... nasty, dirty, rough: GRITTY - OLD TIME HOCKEY - EDDIE SHORE HOCKEY!!1!111! 

the 1980 "Rat Patrol" (Propp, Linseman, Holmgren) came very close, especially during that 33 hame unbeaten streak - Linseman was deity to us fans ... THE RAT 🐀 himself. 

best team never to win a cup - #### THE ICELANDERS! AND GILLIES WAS OFFSIDES, ####HEADS! 

🏒

the 1980 "Rat Patrol" (Propp, Linseman, Holmgren) came very close, especially during that 33 hame unbeaten streak - Linseman was deity to us fans ... THE 🐀

best team never to win a cup - #### THE ICELANDERS! AND GILLIES WAS OFFSIDES, ####HEADS! 

🏒
effin Leon Stickle.

effin Leon Stickle.

and, of course, the goal was scored at 7:11 of sudden death ... lucky bastids? 

hell yeah ... too busy watching that goon Tonnele and leadfoot Nystrom to notice that ape Gillies was straddlin' the blue line on the wrong side of "legal" 

🤕

and, of course, the goal was scored at 7:11 of sudden death ... lucky bastids? 

hell yeah ... too busy watching that goon Tonnele and leadfoot Nystrom to notice that ape Gillies was straddlin' the blue line on the wrong side of "legal" 

🤕
I’ve seen that play a million times and never even noticed Gillies in the screen. Just Tonelli and Nystrom crossing the blue line on sides.

I’ve seen that play a million times and never even noticed Gillies in the screen. Just Tonelli and Nystrom crossing the blue line on sides.
Because you can't straddle the line and be offsides. One foot out means onsides. I think -- think -- our venerable otb man is mistaken with the straddle part and our collective memories are failing us, because it's even worse than than that for the refs. Gillies was offsides in a different play that game than you (Zamboni) are thinking, which also cost the Flyers a goal, according to reports. 

Not only was Nystrom maybe off on the goal, but Gillies was on an entirely different play, which may be blurring everyone's stuff. 

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/a-coachs-challenge-might-have-changed-history-for-flyers-and-pat-quinn

So everybody in this thread is right, and everybody is wrong. Memory is neat, huh? Remember that when you're hearing witness testimony in a criminal trial. People may simply be misunderstanding the situation or misunderstanding what other people are saying, or they just may be wrong even when you get everything cleared up. 

Minefield. 

Because you can't straddle the line and be offsides. One foot out means onsides. I think -- think -- our venerable otb man is mistaken with the straddle part and our collective memories are failing us, because it's even worse than than that for the refs. Gillies was offsides in a different play that game than you (Zamboni) are thinking, which also cost the Flyers a goal, according to reports. 

Not only was Nystrom maybe off on the goal, but Gillies was on an entirely different play, which may be blurring everyone's stuff. 

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/a-coachs-challenge-might-have-changed-history-for-flyers-and-pat-quinn

So everybody in this thread is right, and everybody is wrong. Memory is neat, huh? Remember that when you're hearing witness testimony in a criminal trial. People may simply be misunderstanding the situation or misunderstanding what other people are saying, or they just may be wrong even when you get everything cleared up. 

Minefield. 
Ah - different play. Thought we were talking only about the Nystrom OT winner. Nystrom was definitely on-sides though if you freeze the clip at the 0:35 mark: https://youtu.be/OyonwHpzy0A

•  
Loved the bass players of that time.  Jah Wobble, Peter Hook, Tina Weymouth, J.J. Burnel,  just to name a few.

post punk was spacious enough to accomodate those thumpers ... good calls on that lot - i'll add Steven Severin from the Banshees - Sioux's rhythm section (Budgie & SS) were heavy ... great bottom to her menagerie of macabre. 

ditto David J from the 'haus. 

Users who are viewing this thread