What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chess Tournament!- Round 5 in progress (2 Viewers)

This will be my 6th game ever against  @kutta. My against him is zero wins, two losses, and three draws. Not very good. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent an invite to someone named freak show. Hoping that it is indeed @Freak Showand not just some random dude named freak show who is wondering why i invited him directly to a game of.chess.  

Juxtatarot said:
Yes. If you use the crab opening I’ll promise to use the crab defense.
Probably would have been more entertaining than the standard opening we just played.

timschochet said:
Kutta beats Tim. He just outplayed me in the endgame with some very good moves. 
Good game. I have never seen that line you play against the Queen’s Gambit - it makes for a fun game.

@Juxtatarot I’m having trouble with the app and haven’t been able to get it to load since this morning. In a hotel for work the next couple of days so should be more active. 

I think that means I'm black again and need to wait for an invite from @cashman88 on the app correct?  My username is "bfred" if that's right 
I've invited twice now and the app made me black.  I just canceled the game and offered rematch and then it made me white.  No setting that I could find that would allow me to elect the color when sending the invite.

Sand said:
I moved.  Yesterday was a 13 hour workday.  I was not up to an intellectual confrontation with the great and mighty Woz.
All good! I think our days were comparable. 

I've invited twice now and the app made me black.  I just canceled the game and offered rematch and then it made me white.  No setting that I could find that would allow me to elect the color when sending the invite.
White has the option to switch sides before a move has been made.

Well, just played a six move game. @Sand was sportsmanlike in a resignation. 

Note: if anybody makes a genuine accidental blunder please ask me for a take back. 

Pav defeats Freak Show. He resigned when I went up a piece. Theoretically I understand and respect the decision but in all honesty I do not know whether at our level the conclusion would have been foregone. 

Nevertheless, good game.

Users who are viewing this thread